ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight Was More Proof

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
That Cal cost us the Gonzaga game by refusing to play Ugo in the 2nd half when they kept going to that scrawny white kid on the block and he was giving Bradshaw the business.

Ugo 10 blocks tonight- ties a Rupp Arena record with David Robinson.

Ugo is also our best big man in Pick-N-Roll coverage as well- by FAR. And that includes Mitchell and Thiero.

Play that kid 28 minutes/night.

Last edited:
That Cal cost us the Gonzaga game by refusing to play Ugo in the 2nd half when they kept going to that scrawny white kid and he was giving Bradshaw the business.

The defense was certainly improved. Cal has cost us a couple games this year easy.

Maybe slightly better on uncontested drives and in the paint but the same number of uncontested 3’s were there Ole Miss did not shoot it well or it could have been a different story

I completely disagree.

We did a MUCH better job tonight contesting jumpers and closing out with a hand up- so much better than against Tennessee and Florida.

The defense was certainly improved. Cal has cost us a couple games this year easy.
Tonight was fool's gold. Our opponent tonight wasn't very smart and failed miserably to exploit our team the way our recent opponents did. We were way to sloppy with the ball tonight and we are lucky that more of those ill-advised cross court passes weren't stolen.

That Cal cost us the Gonzaga game by refusing to play Ugo in the 2nd half when they kept going to that scrawny white kid on the block and he was giving Bradshaw the business.

Ugo is also our best big man in Pick-N-Roll coverage as well- by FAR. And that includes Mitchell and Thiero.

Ehh, he was getting cooked on switches on the perimeter. Every big was bad Saturday

Last edited:
Tonight was fool's gold. Our opponent tonight wasn't very smart and failed miserably to exploit our team the way our recent opponent did. We were way to sloppy with the ball tonight and we are lucky that more of those ill-advised cross court passes weren't stolen.
Generally we have been ok as far as turnovers so I’m not too worried, more worried about offensive rebounds and Mitchell right now. Just build off the good things, hope we can do it in a real quality game soon.

I didn’t think so at all, thought Ole Miss just didn’t shoot the ball well, they were open
You’re exactly right, not sure how some can’t see this. Mind boggling.

According to Synergy Sports, which live logs D-1 and NBA games and is the main source that ESPN and CBS uses, Ole Miss shot 22 threes tonight and 6 were uncontested (27%).

Tennessee shot 30 threes and 14 were uncontested (47%).

So the numbers do not support your thoughts.

Mind boggling for sure, huh?

Last edited:
Generally we have been ok as far as turnovers so I’m not too worried, more worried about offensive rebounds and Mitchell right now. Just build off the good things, hope we can do it in a real quality game soon.
I have seen this play out way too many times to get excited about tonight. As soft as this team has been, Mitchell will likely require shoulder replacement surgery. It will give Cal more opportunities to whine about not playing with a full squad as if he knows what to do with them.

Tonight was fool's gold. Our opponent tonight wasn't very smart and failed miserably to exploit our team the way our recent opponents did. We were way to sloppy with the ball tonight and we are lucky that more of those ill-advised cross court passes weren't stolen.
Yet, many think that coach is a viable option at Kentucky?

• Haha
Reactions: LmdCat
Our nameless coach is at his best when he opposes coaches who are more mentally challenged than he is.

Reactions: bnewt
Ole miss isn’t horrid, they are like a 10 seed or 11 seed type tournament team. Kentucky was better defensively tonight. I get things have been tough, but you gotta pick and choose your moments. Kentucky needed a win and they got it

According to Synergy Sports, which live logs D-1 and NBA games and is the main source that ESPN and CBS uses, Ole Miss shot 22 threes tonight and 6 were uncontested.

Tennessee shot 30 threes and 14 were uncontested.

So the numbers do not support your thoughts.

Mind boggling for sure, huh?

Are these Synergy Sports stats something you pay for?

Our defense against Vandy wasn't there. They just missed everything. Our defense was actually a little better tonight.

Are these Synergy Sports stats something you pay for?

I actually get access to them because I used to work for a media outlet, and they never removed my access in what I assume was an oversight haha. It's only for teams/leagues and media outlets, it's the main film and stat outlet for advanced stuff, and every team in the country uses it for their scouts.

Super cool, but for video access and the full analytics it's like $50K haha so I'm lucky that I still have access.

So we won, our defense was much better, Ugo gets 10 blocks, and Cal still sucks. I get it guys.
You represent those who can't see beyond the score of a game. If we win everything is perfect and we are on our way to an NCAA championship. Lol

You represent those who can't see beyond the score of a game. If we win everything is perfect and we are on our way to an NCAA championship. Lol

I mean seriously- who in this thread is saying that? I haven't seen one person. Ugo played well, should have played more on Saturday, that's what this is about. No one is claiming a national championship but yeah who doesn't love some Tuesday night hyperbole.

I actually get access to them because I used to work for a media outlet, and they never removed my access in what I assume was an oversight haha. It's only for teams/leagues and media outlets, it's the main film and stat outlet for advanced stuff, and every team in the country uses it for their scouts.

Super cool, but for video access and the full analytics it's like $50K haha so I'm lucky that I still have access.

Thats freaking awesome. Id never get anything done if I had access to that.

I have seen this play out way too many times to get excited about tonight. As soft as this team has been, Mitchell will likely require shoulder replacement surgery. It will give Cal more opportunities to whine about not playing with a full squad as if he knows what to do with them.
I feel that fear I do.

I don’t think anybody is saying that, we are all just happy they won a game they had to, and made some minor improvements tonight

Thats freaking awesome. Id never get anything done if I had access to that.

It's super cool- you can literally go to a team's page and say "show me every side ball screen where the ball handler drives it left and they missed the shot", and it'll pull up every clip of that team all season where that happened.

Or go to a player's page and "show me every Antonio Reeves floater driving right"

etc. etc., and it just pulls the film for you in an instant and gives you all the analytics and rates it. It's wild.

Yeah I don't get much done lol

It's super cool- you can literally go to a team's page and say "show me every side ball screen where the ball handler drives it left and they missed the shot", and it'll pull up every clip of that team all season where that happened.

Or go to a player's page and "show me every Antonio Reeves floater driving right"

etc. etc., and it just pulls the film for you in an instant and gives you all the analytics and rates it. It's wild.

Yeah I don't get much done lol
Show me every Justin Edwards drive and the result. He actually made a couple thru contact, I’d like to see if it’s improved any over the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT