ADVERTISEMENT

THURSDAY NIGHT MARCH 28 GAMES THREAD

UConns toughest game might be the Elite Eight.

My worst finals possibility is Uconn vs. Duke
Somehow they’ll play NC State in the title game with the way things are going for them. Also let’s be real UConn is making the final 4. UConn always wins the title it feels like when they get there.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Clemson handled Alabama back in November. Who would've guessed both teams would be having a rematch in the Elite 8?
Was it Clemson who was robbed of a win at Duke earlier this season? If so they have a pretty feisty team. Could be a great game to go to the FF.

No because Day Late Dollar Short Mitch is even slower than most the Cal supporters around here. Bama saw it coming and locked him up.
My new hope: Cal and Mitch retire together next year and the new AD knows he's there to hire a basketball coach not a minister. Bring in Oats if we can't get one of the elite guys.

Surreal, WOW!! as banged up as they are and this Nelson kid goes Larry Bird on unc-chapel hill branch. LOL They are a very dangerous squad even though I heard today that they have the worst defense amongst the remaining teams. Yet look what they still accomplished tonight! Great stuff, Bravo!

WOW Nelson! That was hilarious and awesome, like a volleyball spike at the net for the WIN! Love to see the Heels take an early L. Now, let's see what they can do without their two 5th year All Americans next year...
Apparently RJ Davis has another year? He's a senior who played four years but I guess that freshman season was the Covid season? I thought guys had an extra year who played in the 19-20 season, is it the 20-21 season also?

All we had to do was beat a 14 and 11 seed and we would have had a game tomorrow night.

What's Bama's roster situation like for next season? How many of their players are projected to return? Is Oats building something grand?

I would have known their status a few years ago, but the tribulations of our program consumes my attention these days.

Last edited:
What's Bama's roster situation like for next season? How many of their players are projected to return? Is Oats building something grand?

I would have known their status a few years ago, but the tribulations of our program consumes my attention these days.
I'm pretty sure Mark Sears, Grant Nelson, and Aaron Estrada are all 5th year guys, so there'll be quite a bit of turnover at the top for them. But that style of play and a possible FF run should make it easy to get a good haul of transfers. I have no doubt Bama will be in the hunt in the SEC next year again.

Reactions: cathead64
I’m not going to go back and quote my own posts but I’ve posted on here many times that I want uk to be good but only good enough to be a 1 seed in the west. It’s always ass since the ncaa focuses on geography and there are no good teams west of the Mississippi. Always a cakewalk.
I hear you! Back in 2017 and 2019 I was begging to go West!

Never would've thought Clemson and Illi-freaing-nois would be E8 teams.

First E8 for Illinois since 2005 (19 years)
First E8 for Clemson since 1980. FOURTY FOUR YEARS.
First E8 for Bama since 2004.

Bama and Clemson have never made FFs. Illinois hasn't made the FF since 2005.

Reactions: KYExtemper
People are doubting Houston but I'm hoping they bully Duke into submission. I think A&M was a tougher matchup for them. But I'm fully prepared to see the refs try to foul Houston out again.

I'm pretty sure Mark Sears, Grant Nelson, and Aaron Estrada are all 5th year guys, so there'll be quite a bit of turnover at the top for them. But that style of play and a possible FF run should make it easy to get a good haul of transfers. I have no doubt Bama will be in the hunt in the SEC next year again.
As far as players on their current roster, Estrada is definitely done. Despite being listed as seniors, Sears, Nelson, and Wrightsell all have a COVID year left although it’s unclear at this point if any of them would use it. They could also return Griffen, Pringle, Walters, Stevenson, and Dioubate from this year’s rotation, but it wouldn’t shock me if some of them hit the portal.

So far, they have one 5-star and two 4-star freshmen committed and an incoming transfer who shot 41% from three at Pepperdine this year. Basically, a lot of moving parts to finalize the roster, but I would expect them to be competitive again next year.

Reactions: catfan220
As far as players on their current roster, Estrada is definitely done. Despite being listed as seniors, Sears, Nelson, and Wrightsell all have a COVID year left although it’s unclear at this point if any of them would use it. They could also return Griffen, Pringle, Walters, Stevenson, and Dioubate from this year’s rotation, but it wouldn’t shock me if some of them hit the portal.

So far, they have one 5-star and two 4-star freshmen committed and an incoming transfer who shot 41% from three at Pepperdine this year. Basically, a lot of moving parts to finalize the roster, but I would expect them to be competitive again next year.
Thanks, hard to keep up with who's a senior and who's a "senior" these days.

Never would've thought Clemson and Illi-freaing-nois would be E8 teams.

First E8 for Illinois since 2005 (19 years)
First E8 for Clemson since 1980. FOURTY FOUR YEARS.
First E8 for Bama since 2004.

Bama and Clemson have never made FFs. Illinois hasn't made the FF since 2005.
Yeah a #3 seed in the Elite Eight, howwwwww shockinggggggg.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT