ADVERTISEMENT

The "Cop Problem" explained. Why we are perceived as having a police state in the US.

You missed the point, moron. And yeah, when the poster says "just obey the law", does it just mean certain laws? The examples are meant to be ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as pointing out "well don't break the law" when someone says that cops are acting like f-ing idiots and killing people. The point is... there are countless laws that exist and yes, many are more serious than speeding or selling pot, but a lot of these aren't serious enough to kill someone who is unarmed. So you clowns get to decide which laws that are broken deserve death, since it's just that simple as obeying the law, right? Get it now? Probably not.

I don't think it's being implied that someone that breaks the law deserves to die. The implication, IMO, is that breaking the law puts you in a negative situation that could potentially escalate. That escalation is dependent upon the law broken and how you react.

For example, if I am caught driving 10MPH over the speed limit, that is considered pretty mild. If I accept that it's my fault and take my punishment (ticket, fine, traffic school) without any grief, all is well.

However, if I am caught stealing from a store and decide to run from the police, things will escalate much differently.

Simply put, don't put yourself in that situation.

However, if I am caught stealing from a store and decide to run from the police, things will escalate much differently.

Simply put, don't put yourself in that situation.

Actually even then they don't get to legally kick your ass or shoot you. Bad example

I love all the comments that all one has to do is "obey the law" and nothing bad will ever happen to them.

I was once *aggressively* arrested in a shopping center parking lot down the street from my residence on a Sunday afternoon. I can't imagine what would have happened to me had I made a wrong move or been a big black man.

I had no idea why I'd been arrested, and it took an hour or so of me being in custody before it became apparent that somebody had called the cops on me because I "broke into a car."

It was MY car, at MY residence, and I'd used MY key to get into it. I was replacing the speakers in the back, realized I needed a tool for the job, and walked down the street to the shopping center to get it. That's when the cop car drove across the center divide, right into oncoming traffic, and onto the sidewalk, grabbed me and threw me against their car and cuffed me. Apparently a neighbor had seen me messing with the speakers and thought I was trying to steal them.

So did you resist arrest or did you cooperate?

So did you resist arrest or did you cooperate?

I'm pretty sure my post answers that question. I had no opportunity to resist or cooperate. When you're thrown against the car and cuffed in about 1 or 2 seconds by somebody much bigger than you are, it's pretty hard to do much of anything that would be considered "resisting" or "cooperating."

I'm just thankful that the generational welfare recipients pay their share of taxes and that we can provide them and their children with free health care.

My bad! I took that as you bitching about having to provide (pay for) "free health care" for children. Thought you were being sarcastic; I didn't know you really meant it

Willy--- Mind if I ask which source you're getting those numbers from? Cato Institute? Some other report?
Don't mind at all Dezy. Cato, it's on Wikipedia, taxpayer.net, thinkbynumbers, but I think Cato did the original study.

I'm pretty sure my post answers that question. I had no opportunity to resist or cooperate. When you're thrown against the car and cuffed in about 1 or 2 seconds by somebody much bigger than you are, it's pretty hard to do much of anything that would be considered "resisting" or "cooperating."

Do you think if you HAD resisted, that you may have sustained injuries or even death? Remember, you KNEW you were innocent, the cops responding had no idea who you were or what you might do.

You. They're sending the entire bill to you.
Why,
Actually even then they don't get to legally kick your ass or shoot you. Bad example
No, the example is spot on. But let's just add a wrinkle. Speed 10 over and get pulled over for a ticket but decide to argue with and get belligerent which is what happens a lot. Take the ticket and go on, nothing else usually happens unless you have an outstanding warrant. Argue the ticket and start acting up, things escalate.

Why,

No, the example is spot on. But let's just add a wrinkle. Speed 10 over and get pulled over for a ticket but decide to argue with and get belligerent which is what happens a lot. Take the ticket and go on, nothing else usually happens unless you have an outstanding warrant. Argue the ticket and start acting up, things escalate.

Exactly Warrior! Argue the ticket and get your ass kicked or shot. Good one! Assuming Cliven Bundy should've paid the grazing fees and gone on. Yet he's alive and well. You're a selective son of a gun I tell ya. Once again, if a cop can't deal with "arguing" or "belligerence" (of the non life threatening kind) without losing his damn mind then there's a big problem which apparently you can't or refuse to see

Exactly Warrior! Argue the ticket and get your ass kicked or shot. Good one! Assuming Cliven Bundy should've paid the grazing fees and gone on. Yet he's alive and well. You're a selective son of a gun I tell ya. Once again, if a cop can't deal with "arguing" or "belligerence" (of the non life threatening kind) without losing his damn mind then there's a big problem which apparently you can't or refuse to see
Seriously? Not selective at all, you just have no sense of reality. No one mentioned non threatening. Escalation begins when someone decides they don't like the fact that they are being disciplined for breaking the law which happens a lot these days. You seem to get all wrapped up in what you blindly see as wrong. Everything a cop does seems to be wrong to you. You are definately a hater. You obvoiusly don't have a clue or you are the troll I suggested you are in an earlier post. What's the problem UL fans kick you off for being unreasonable or did some of them goat you into starting trouble over here just to see how far we would let you go.

Seriously? Not selective at all, you just have no sense of reality. No one mentioned non threatening. Escalation begins when someone decides they don't like the fact that they are being disciplined for breaking the law which happens a lot these days. You seem to get all wrapped up in what you blindly see as wrong. Everything a cop does seems to be wrong to you. You are definately a hater. You obvoiusly don't have a clue or you are the troll I suggested you are in an earlier post. What's the problem UL fans kick you off for being unreasonable or did some of them goat you into starting trouble over here just to see how far we would let you go.

Yeah that's exactly what I said: everything a cop does is wrong. You got me. And I'm a "hater".....whatever that means. And the word you're looking for is "goad". Really Warrior let's let the UK/UL thing go for a minute---these are serious issues having little to do with a sports rivalry.

Last edited:
Thanks
Yeah that's exactly what I said: everything a cop does is wrong. You got me. And I'm a "hater".....whatever that means. And the word you're looking for is "goad". Really Warrior let's let the UK/UL thing go for a minute---these are serious issues having little to do with a sports rivalry.
That seems to be all most of us can take of your reaction to our posts. You seem to have no concept of moderation because your responses are all over the top. Which leads one to believe that you would probably want to escalate a run in if you had one with the police.

By the way, the reference to you being a troll stems from the fact that most UL fans that come to our board are. Still think you are because most don't go as far over board with their reactions to peoples opinions as you do. Either that or you fit in the same catagory as Michael Moore which would explain a lot.

No you seem to equate arguing and belligerence as reason for an ass kicking. It isn't. And I made the point that if a cop can't deal with that without excessive or lethal force then he is the wrong profession. You should be alarmed at what we see or hear about on nearly a daily basis yet it doesn't seem to really bother you all that much because your response seems to be without fail: don't break the law or argue with the police and this won't happen. Which in my mind is BS and ignoring the obvious problem.

No you seem to equate arguing and belligerence as reason for an ass kicking. It isn't. And I made the point that if a cop can't deal with that without excessive or lethal force then he is the wrong profession. You should be alarmed at what we see or hear about on nearly a daily basis yet it doesn't seem to really bother you all that much because your response seems to be without fail: don't break the law or argue with the police and this won't happen. Which in my mind is BS and ignoring the obvious problem.
As I said, over reaction. Not happening almost everyday and only the bad ones make the news. Use some perspective and common sense. Also, at no time did me or anyone else say that the police had the right to kick your ass or shoot you for escalating an argument. You continue to interject your own narration to what other people say then later call them out about it. UL TROLL.

Last edited:
As I said, over reaction. Not happening almost everyday and only the bad ones make the news. Use some perspective and common sense. Also, at no time did me or anyone else say that the police had the right to kick your ass or shoot you for escalating an argument. You continue to interject your own narration to what other people say then later call them out about it. UL TROLL.

Actually the police have killed on an average of 3 a day.....some justified of course.....some not. And the "UL troll" thing....I see you're 57 years old. Grow up

Actually the police have killed on an average of 3 a day.....some justified of course.....some not. And the "UL troll" thing....I see you're 57 years old. Grow up
Only means I have been around long enough to recognize an instigator when I find one. Also, your emotional responses suggest that you are too young to really understand any of this.

Here's the problem with our justice system:

Dude shoots up a house with all kinds of kids in it, and goes to jail. Posts bond, then invades a house a few days later. Racks up a total of 11 felony charges. That's in the span of 1.5 weeks. Judge orders him to wear an *ankle bracelet*. Dude posts *8 thousand dollar bond*, cuts his cute ankle bracelet, and was arrested again. He's out again, and now cops are on my local news station asking for help finding him. o_O

It's just a business. We've wasted how much money, time, and resources on this clown who has been arrested 3 and released/escaped 4 in the span of less than a month? Too damn much. Either arrest him for real, or give up. This halfway BS does not work.

Yet people want to give more power and money to our government for "safety". They can't keep strangers out of the White House. They can't find a person they arrested and released 3 times in the span of 3 weeks. They sure as hell can't keep you safe or help you in any way. They will come crawling back asking for more of your tax dollars and help.

The cops just work for these clowns. And the people blame the cops. Think about that. All kinds of hopelessness. Eat Arby's.

Only means I have been around long enough to recognize an instigator when I find one. Also, your emotional responses suggest that you are too young to really understand any of this.

I only wish I weren't so "emotional" about this rather emotional issue and had all the answers like you Warrior. Your objective and measured responses leave me in awe of your brilliance. I notice you don't actually address anything other than to say in all your infinite wisdom that YOU have all the answers or that there really isn't a problem.

Last edited:
I love all the comments that all one has to do is "obey the law" and nothing bad will ever happen to them.

I was once *aggressively* arrested in a shopping center parking lot down the street from my residence on a Sunday afternoon. I can't imagine what would have happened to me had I made a wrong move or been a big black man.

I had no idea why I'd been arrested, and it took an hour or so of me being in custody before it became apparent that somebody had called the cops on me because I "broke into a car."

It was MY car, at MY residence, and I'd used MY key to get into it. I was replacing the speakers in the back, realized I needed a tool for the job, and walked down the street to the shopping center to get it. That's when the cop car drove across the center divide, right into oncoming traffic, and onto the sidewalk, grabbed me and threw me against their car and cuffed me. Apparently a neighbor had seen me messing with the speakers and thought I was trying to steal them.
They are also the exact same lot who spout off about Dictator Obama yet are turning a blind eye and cheering on the gistapo tactics of the police in recent years. You can't fix stupid. They can't see outside their own little sheltered boxes.

They give police the ultimate authority over everything and are the ones responsible for how the police now do their job because they have silently allowed them to take more and more freedoms all the while crying about whatever Democrat is in office taking their freedoms.

Like I said, you can't fix stupid.

Reactions: Lord_Crow
They are also the exact same lot who spout off about Dictator Obama yet are turning a blind eye and cheering on the gistapo tactics of the police in recent years. You can't fix stupid. They can't see outside their own little sheltered boxes.

They give police the ultimate authority over everything and are the ones responsible for how the police now do their job because they have silently allowed them to take more and more freedoms all the while crying about whatever Democrat is in office taking their freedoms.

Like I said, you can't fix stupid.

I guess in a perfect world the police would reward the drones of society and burden law abiding citizens?
There is the exception but in most cases a citizens behavior determines their police interaction. After the voting process, citizens generally have little impact on a politician and their agendas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT