ADVERTISEMENT

The "Cop Problem" explained. Why we are perceived as having a police state in the US.

I'm more concerned with cops who get billy badass because they get a shiny new badge and gun versus officers who have had military training and were taught respect.

I also am former military.

The police must obey the law, too. A good start is putting officers on the street that fully understand the circumstances under which they may stop, detain, and question a US citizen.

AND, it is every citizens duty to cooperate with police officers when stopped. If you are mistreated, you can explore legal avenues, or go to a news source. TV and and news people LOVE those type of stories. Here is a hint, if you decide to resist arrest,or try to take a cops gun, bad things may happen to you. Yes, there are bad cops, weed those out.

And you trying to blame war veterans for this mess is pathetic. I know where you got that from.

Reactions: drawing_dead
Main problem is lack of viable candidates. As a result forces are hiring, or continuing to employ, less than serviceable officers; because they have no qualified candidates applying.

Most of the officers involved in these incidents either have a history of complaints, or failed entrance exams multiple times before finally being hired.

One thing that would help would be increase in pay. That would help attract better candidates. Right now most local law enforcement have awful pay, awful hours, and awful benefits (if any). As a result most applicants are incompetent, wrongfully pursuing the job for the authority, or both.

Reactions: UK-BILL
I feel so safe seeing pictures like this. This is from Madison County last year. They got so much weed off the street it probably inconvenienced a dozen or so stoners at EKU.
MadisonMarijuana1web.jpg
lil boys playing dress up...

I love all the comments that all one has to do is "obey the law" and nothing bad will ever happen to them.

I was once *aggressively* arrested in a shopping center parking lot down the street from my residence on a Sunday afternoon. I can't imagine what would have happened to me had I made a wrong move or been a big black man.

I had no idea why I'd been arrested, and it took an hour or so of me being in custody before it became apparent that somebody had called the cops on me because I "broke into a car."

It was MY car, at MY residence, and I'd used MY key to get into it. I was replacing the speakers in the back, realized I needed a tool for the job, and walked down the street to the shopping center to get it. That's when the cop car drove across the center divide, right into oncoming traffic, and onto the sidewalk, grabbed me and threw me against their car and cuffed me. Apparently a neighbor had seen me messing with the speakers and thought I was trying to steal them.

Yeah let's not blame the undesirable sociopaths that run the street because they do not want to become part of the community. It is only the military or the police that are bad.
I didn't say that. Obviously the criminal element in society is an enormous problem

I love all the comments that all one has to do is "obey the law" and nothing bad will ever happen to them.

I was once *aggressively* arrested in a shopping center parking lot down the street from my residence on a Sunday afternoon. I can't imagine what would have happened to me had I took off running or waved around a toy gun or resisted arrest or been a big black man punching one of the cops in the face or saying this ends today and resisting arrest to the point of requiring several Officers to get me restrained. Good thing I had enough brains to realize that the police were just doing there job and responding to a complaint made by a neighbor who thought I was a thief.

I had no idea why I'd been arrested, and it took an hour or so of me being in custody before it became apparent that somebody had called the cops on me because I "broke into a car."

It was MY car, at MY residence, and I'd used MY key to get into it. I was replacing the speakers in the back, realized I needed a tool for the job, and walked down the street to the shopping center to get it. That's when the cop car drove across the center divide, right into oncoming traffic, and onto the sidewalk, grabbed me and threw me against their car and cuffed me. Apparently a neighbor had seen me messing with the speakers and thought I was trying to steal them.

Fixed it for you. If a few others would have complied with the police as you did they wouldnt be....oh whats the word...oh yeah, DEAD. Innocent people generally dont resist and flee from police.

Fixed it for you. If a few others would have complied with the police as you did they wouldnt be....oh whats the word...oh yeah, DEAD. Innocent people generally dont resist and flee from police.

Well, sort of, but I wouldn't even say I "complied." It happened so fast, I didn't even have time to react. Keep in mind that even as I saw the cop car cut across traffic and swerve onto the sidewalk toward me, it never crossed my mind that they were coming for ME. In fact I thought the car had probably blown a tire and lost control. A split second later and I was thrown against the car and in cuffs. Never even had a chance to react, run, resist, put up a fight, or anything else. If I have one thing to say about them, it's that they sure knew how to arrest a person with great efficiency. Then again, I weigh 140. Not exactly tough to take me down.

Funny side story: As I was sitting in the back of the cop car, a guy walked by, said he was a lawyer, and wanted to know whether I would need his services. I was still a little in shock at it all, and so I blurted out "but I didn't do anything!" He said, "yeah, I hear that a lot," then he dropped a business card into the back seat of the cruiser.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
there are bad cops,just like there are bad priest, doctors, lawyers, plumbers etc. my brother is a special agent for the FBI, You know what his job is 75% of the time? flying around the country investigating police departments for mis-conduct

Cop problem??? That is priceless. Ain't no cop problem. there's a "Where's my gov'ment check problem"
Exactly, if corporations weren't getting 2X the welfare money than poor people (which is a verifiable fact), then the police would be respected more, right Rodger.. It's sickening to see all these corporations getting free Gov't money for absolutely doing nothing. Glad you notice the problem.

Exactly, if corporations weren't getting 2X the welfare money than poor people (which is a verifiable fact), then the police would be respected more, right Rodger.. It's sickening to see all these corporations getting free Gov't money for absolutely doing nothing. Glad you notice the problem.

My corporations never received anything free from the government. Outside of the bailouts and oil company tax subsidies what are you talking about? Tax incentives for hiring or relocating a business?

My corporations never received anything free from the government. Outside of the bailouts and oil company tax subsidies what are you talking about? Tax incentives for hiring or relocating a business?

Farm subsidies, retail subsidies etc (Wal-Mart got $1billion for free). Poverty gets about $52 billion in welfare and Corporations get $92 billion. That's $144 billion dollars in tax money that is given away for free between the 2. What I'm saying is, when we talk about reforming poverty welfare (which we do definitely need) we also have to in the same breath talk about the corporate welfare too.

But Rodger insists that it's the Poors that are the problem not the police militarization. Gov't checks. hahahahhaa The same police forces who are getting Fed money to amp up their military arsenal. Thanks Obama.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Main problem is lack of viable candidates. As a result forces are hiring, or continuing to employ, less than serviceable officers; because they have no qualified candidates applying.

Most of the officers involved in these incidents either have a history of complaints, or failed entrance exams multiple times before finally being hired.

One thing that would help would be increase in pay. That would help attract better candidates. Right no
Farm subsidies, retail subsidies etc (Wal-Mart got $1billion for free). Poverty gets about $52 billion in welfare and Corporations get $92 billion. That's $144 billion dollars in tax money that is given away for free between the 2. What I'm saying is, when we talk about reforming poverty welfare (which we do definitely need) we also have to in the same breath talk about the corporate welfare too.

But Rodger insists that it's the Poors that are the problem not the police militarization. Gov't checks. hahahahhaa The same police forces who are getting Fed money to amp up their military arsenal. Thanks Obama.
You are not wrong about that and that needs to stop. There is a lot of corruption and criminal activity at all levels of business and government which does not help the situations now developing. None of that however is a reason to trash local business or attack innocent people who in large part in the same boat you are in. It makes no sense.

You are not wrong about that and that needs to stop. There is a lot of corruption and criminal activity at all levels of business and government which does not help the situations now developing. None of that however is a reason to trash local business or attack innocent people who in large part in the same boat you are in. It makes no sense.
You're right I agree Warrior

Spot on.

Also, I wonder whose ledger gets the tab for the rebuilding of these cities that have been decimated by the rioters?

Well it looks like Freddie didn't crush his own spine after all. Oh and the family hired legendary trial attorney Billy Murphy. City of Baltimore is going to pay BIG!!!!

How are you so sure? I think there is a lot more to that line of thinking than many may want to admit.

Because If you look at the history of policing you will see that police misconduct has always been present...not just since 911 and certainly not exclusively by officers with prior military experience. Police misconduct comes with the territory, same as corruption comes with politics.

Reactions: Willy4UK
It still comes down to...obeying the law.

So if, for example, you are speeding like an idiot (which can kill someone, so it can be a serious crime) and you get pulled over, it's your own fault if a cop busts a cap in you while you're back is turned or if you're literally laying on the ground, unarmed??

Maybe some kid is selling pot and a cop sees him and he runs. Is it ok for that cop to shoot and kill the kid cause he's not obeying the law?

People should follow rules and laws. That's not really a question, and some people are stupid when they try and argue or resist but, everyone who breaks a law DOES NOT deserve to get shot and killed. Especially if they are unarmed and pose no threat. Get it?

So some now want to put job producing corporations on the same footing as single mothers (white, black, Hispanic, Mennonite) that produce only child after child after child. Wow. This country has come a long way.

So some now want to put job producing corporations on the same footing as single mothers (white, black, Hispanic, Mennonite) that produce only child after child after child. Wow. This country has come a long way.
When it comes to taking welfare, you goddamn right.

$92 billion for corporations vs $52 billion for those poor single mothers you mentioned.

Looks like you should keep whistling past the grave yard.

You mean the job producing corporations that produce jobs for Mexicans, Chinese and Malaysians? The jobs are gone. Where you been?

Last edited:
So if, for example, you are speeding like an idiot (which can kill someone, so it can be a serious crime) and you get pulled over, it's your own fault if a cop busts a cap in you while you're back is turned or if you're literally laying on the ground, unarmed??

Maybe some kid is selling pot and a cop sees him and he runs. Is it ok for that cop to shoot and kill the kid cause he's not obeying the law?

People should follow rules and laws. That's not really a question, and some people are stupid when they try and argue or resist but, everyone who breaks a law DOES NOT deserve to get shot and killed. Especially if they are unarmed and pose no threat. Get it?

Yep, surely that's what was meant by that posting. Your Straw Man example is enormous... everyone will be so jealous when you bring it to this year's Burning Man Festival.

I don't know... maybe you're right... I saw a speed-trap set up near my house the other day, and the cop pulled over ten cars. Sure enough, he killed every one of those drivers. One was even a White Guy... but I think the cop just wanted dibs on that Camaro.

I'm just thankful that the generational welfare recipients pay their share of taxes and that we can provide them and their children with free health care.

When it comes to taking welfare, you goddamn right.

$92 billion for corporations vs $52 billion for those poor single mothers you mentioned.

Looks like you should keep whistling past the grave yard.

Willy--- Mind if I ask which source you're getting those numbers from? Cato Institute? Some other report?

Yep, surely that's what was meant by that posting. Your Straw Man example is enormous... everyone will be so jealous when you bring it to this year's Burning Man Festival.

I don't know... maybe you're right... I saw a speed-trap set up near my house the other day, and the cop pulled over ten cars. Sure enough, he killed every one of those drivers. One was even a White Guy... but I think the cop just wanted dibs on that Camaro.

You missed the point, moron. And yeah, when the poster says "just obey the law", does it just mean certain laws? The examples are meant to be ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as pointing out "well don't break the law" when someone says that cops are acting like f-ing idiots and killing people. The point is... there are countless laws that exist and yes, many are more serious than speeding or selling pot, but a lot of these aren't serious enough to kill someone who is unarmed. So you clowns get to decide which laws that are broken deserve death, since it's just that simple as obeying the law, right? Get it now? Probably not.

I'm not sure I follow the logic. I could have miscomprehended all of this or missed a crucial word or two...BUT...

It seems to me that it is being implied that the militarization of the police has instigated citizen unrest. Which, to me, is absurd. People have a choice. They have a choice to break the law or not. Even simpler than that, they have the choice to be respectful of others. To be kind. People have the choice to do the right thing and be a good person.

Generally speaking, if you're a bad person that treats people poorly and makes poor decisions, you find yourself in situations that are less than desirable. Yes, unfortunately bad things do happen to good people from time to time. But I'd say the percentage of that is significantly lower.

You missed the point, moron. And yeah, when the poster says "just obey the law", does it just mean certain laws? The examples are meant to be ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as pointing out "well don't break the law" when someone says that cops are acting like f-ing idiots and killing people. The point is... there are countless laws that exist and yes, many are more serious than speeding or selling pot, but a lot of these aren't serious enough to kill someone who is unarmed. So you clowns get to decide which laws that are broken deserve death, since it's just that simple as obeying the law, right? Get it now? Probably not.

No need to resort to name-calling... I'm just really concerned about you. Hopefully, when you are pulled over for speeding, or more likely stopped for soliciting in the men's room at the interstate rest stop... you'll be able to block all of that crazy cop's bullets with your cranium. There's obviously not too much in there to damage, in your case.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT