ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Shoots Back At Muslim Terrorists

Genesis 2:4 refers to all 6 days of creation as one day, "This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven."

Looks to me like it pretty strongly contradicts itself like just about everything else in the Bible. You creationists are a funny lot.

Joseph-Kony-composite-006.jpg

Kony and the Lord's Resistance Army, spreading the faith since 1987.

Genesis 2:4 refers to all 6 days of creation as one day, "This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven."

Looks to me like it pretty strongly contradicts itself like just about everything else in the Bible. You creationists are a funny lot.

I am not a creationist Pope. Do you understand what a creationist is? It doesn't seem that you do - certainly you couldn't draw that conclusion from my last post.

Genesis 2:4 does not contradict itself. The word "day" here clearly refers to an unspecified amount of time. It's the same as using the phrase "back in my grandparent's day..." Are you referring to one specific day in their life? No, you are referring to a period of time in their lives that encompasses multiple days within their lifetime.

When the Muslims come out with the New Testament of the Koran, everything will be peace, love and loaves.

I know this isn't PC, but I like the fact that this fished some terrorists out of hiding and ended them. But we are just lucky that they were stopped before inflicting serious damage.

What if they had decided to make a car bomb instead of going in with assault rifles?
I wish they would hold an event like this every weekend
Mousetrap

I am not a creationist Pope. Do you understand what a creationist is? It doesn't seem that you do - certainly you couldn't draw that conclusion from my last post.

Genesis 2:4 does not contradict itself. The word "day" here clearly refers to an unspecified amount of time. It's the same as using the phrase "back in my grandparent's day..." Are you referring to one specific day in their life? No, you are referring to a period of time in their lives that encompasses multiple days within their lifetime.
You might as well be a creationist. Science and religion inherently contradict one another. You'll continue to move the goalposts to allow religion to fit into the spectrum of what we actually discover and learn, far after it's been made obsolete.

Science means that when you think something might be true, you attempt to falsify it, adjusting your assumptions until you arrive at something true. If something *can't* be falsified, then you ignore it, because that idea is useless.

That way of thinking, empiricism, is the only reason that life today is significantly better than life a thousand years ago. Religion is a blatant contradiction to it, and the only way someone can hold religious beliefs while also accepting scientific conclusions is to simultaneously accept and reject empiric, scientific thought. Doublethink.

Religion is the only thing that people allow to coexist with science, and only because a very long time ago some people realized that by using religion as a motivation force they could control the masses, and the masses have been controlled by religion ever since.

You might as well be a creationist. Science and religion inherently contradict one another. You'll continue to move the goalposts to allow religion to fit into the spectrum of what we actually discover and learn, far after it's been made obsolete.

Science means that when you think something might be true, you attempt to falsify it, adjusting your assumptions until you arrive at something true. If something *can't* be falsified, then you ignore it, because that idea is useless.

That way of thinking, empiricism, is the only reason that life today is significantly better than life a thousand years ago. Religion is a blatant contradiction to it, and the only way someone can hold religious beliefs while also accepting scientific conclusions is to simultaneously accept and reject empiric, scientific thought. Doublethink.

Religion is the only thing that people allow to coexist with science, and only because a very long time ago some people realized that by using religion as a motivation force they could control the masses, and the masses have been controlled by religion ever since.
So you don't believe in the Bible?

I get what you're saying Willy, but whether it's the right date or not we're still celebrating the birth of Christ. At least thats the way I look at it.

I imagine the Roman leadership changed to take advantage of the spreading Christianity.
I agree with you Bill.

Pope, people choose to believe in Religion, no one makes them. They always have, thats what people like you don't seem to understand, no one is using religion as a form to control the masses. It actually shines a light on you, that you think you stand above the "simple" people, and that you would use something to control the masses if you had that capability, or authority.
I choose to believe in a higher power, I also choose to believe in science, it's quite simple actually.

We make numerous decisions daily that rely on nothing more than belief,some of which could be life changing, no science or proof required. Thats why its called faith.

Pope, people choose to believe in Religion, no one makes them. They always have, thats what people like you don't seem to understand, no one is using religion as a form to control the masses. It actually shines a light on you, that you think you stand above the "simple" people, and that you would use something to control the masses if you had that capability, or authority.
I choose to believe in a higher power, I also choose to believe in science, it's quite simple actually.

We make numerous decisions daily that rely on nothing more than belief,some of which could be life changing, no science or proof required. Thats why its called faith.
and that's why religions happen. When you have no hope in an oppressed state. Where do you go? Religion doesn't control masses, rather, it's a result that forms out of being controlled. What man/woman has not understood with power is that the world went down the path of a money-based system rather than going to a resource-based system. Because of living in a money-based system, unfortunately there is going to always be an element of control, We're not fixing that unless we reset the human race. Bill, 80% of me can't wait to die. I'm 40 and excited for death. The other 20% of me is attached to this Freak show we live in and I kinda want to see as much as I can. Makes no mistakes I can't wait to get off this rock.

Last edited:

Science moves the goal post as soon as more information comes in proving earlier theories wrong. Christians scholars and scientist do too. Early translations being found to be not quite what some might think. As we grow in knowledge we find that words translated from language to language lose some of the original meaning. I have found this out simply by learning another language. Direct translations do not always come out meaning what was said.

Last edited:
and that's why religions happen. When you have no hope in an oppressed state. Where do you go? Religion doesn't control masses, rather, it's a result that forms out of being controlled. What man/woman has not understood with power is that the world went down the path of a money-based system rather than going to a resource-based system. Because of living in a money-based system, unfortunately there is going to always be an element of control, We're not fixing that unless we reset the human race. Bill, 80% of me can't wait to die. I'm 40 and excited for death. The other 20% of me is attached to this Freak show we live in and I kinda want to see as much as I can. Makes no mistakes I can't wait to get off this rock.
Need help getting off of this rock Wille? Come see me.;)

the only way someone can hold religious beliefs while also accepting scientific conclusions is to simultaneously accept and reject empiric, scientific thought. Doublethink.

Sorry, but the facts do not support this conclusion.

Copernicus, Galileo, Kepler, Newton, Boyle (etc) were all religious men. The majority of Nobel prize winners since 1900 in the fields of chemistry, physics, medicine etc, have been people who "hold religious beliefs".

Modern science and "scientific thought" has been profoundly advanced by these men and women. To conclude that they are capable of nothing but "doublethink" is not supported by anything rational.

We, the citizens, are going to have to do a better job of protecting ourselves. I don't know what that would exactly entail, but you can't depend on the cops to be everywhere.

Sooner or later we will have to put boots on the ground and take the fight to these guys on their soil. This administration's foreign policy in the Middle East has been a complete failure. Wish we just never went over there to begin with.

Didn't think it was this administrations policies that had us over there.
But US Middle East policy has been a cluster f$#k for many, many administrations.
We suppose to be a bastion for democracy yet we prop up and support the tyranny of dictators and monarchs.

boeing-b-52-stratofortress-wallpapers.jpg

These while we have them in a confined area before any boots.

We, the citizens, are going to have to do a better job of protecting ourselves. I don't know what that would exactly entail, but you can't depend on the cops to be everywhere.
Exactly. I believe I read somewhere that the police show up after the fact over 90% of the time.

The OKC bombing had zero to do with Christianity. That's absurd. There have been plenty of nuts thinking they were doing 'God's work' but unlike Islam, there was no scripture backing it up. How much of the Quran have you read? Everyone keeps calling these people 'radicals' but they're doing what they're called to do.

Let's compare the amount of Islamic terrorist attacks to every other religion in the world and see how it stacks up.
Bullshit and you know it. 25% of the world's population is Muslim and they aren't out declaring jhiad on all infidels. The Quran is no different than the Bible in that it can be used to justify most anything. I work with several Muslims and they are as sick of the radicals as is everyone else. They hate them because of the stain they have placed on their religion, because the actions of a relative few they (peaceful Muslims) get painted with the same broad brush largely because those who make news are the only ones YOU know.
Whereas if the KKK goes and bombs a chruch you associate the KKK only as "hateful racist" because you know other Christians and you know it isn't the norm. Guess what dude, most of the world's Muslims live in peace and live co-mingled with other religious people.

Ahhh, so that is your inturpetation. I've sat and listened to many a'reverend and they say a day is a day...24 hours. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong but you should know that most every religious text tells of the creation in very similar ways and there is no definitive answer to that or most religous questions...which is why within every basic religion there are many denominations...each with their own little twist of what the "good book" says and what it means.

Bullshit and you know it. 25% of the world's population is Muslim and they aren't out declaring jhiad on all infidels. The Quran is no different than the Bible in that it can be used to justify most anything. I work with several Muslims and they are as sick of the radicals as is everyone else. They hate them because of the stain they have placed on their religion, because the actions of a relative few they (peaceful Muslims) get painted with the same broad brush largely because those who make news are the only ones YOU know.
Whereas if the KKK goes and bombs a chruch you associate the KKK only as "hateful racist" because you know other Christians and you know it isn't the norm. Guess what dude, most of the world's Muslims live in peace and live co-mingled with other religious people.

I agree in part of with some of this. I think most muslims are peaceful, but mostly silent regarding the radicals. The Kurds, for the most part, are examples of Muslims who co-exist well with other religons.

However, when I read "Son of Hamas", it had quite an impact on me. Written by the son of one of 7 founders of Hamas, he contends what you do, that most muslims are peaceful, but only because they haven't really 'gotten into' the Quran. Once they do, they become radical, and you don't really know when that happens for an individual.

I obviously disagree that the Bible is no different from the Quran.

I agree in part of with some of this. I think most muslims are peaceful, but mostly silent regarding the radicals. The Kurds, for the most part, are examples of Muslims who co-exist well with other religons.

However, when I read "Son of Hamas", it had quite an impact on me. Written by the son of one of 7 founders of Hamas, he contends what you do, that most muslims are peaceful, but only because they haven't really 'gotten into' the Quran. Once they do, they become radical, and you don't really know when that happens for an individual.

I obviously disagree that the Bible is no different from the Quran.
Of course someone who is radical is going to say that those who aren't like themselves is just because they haven't seen the proverbial light. How else do you think they are going to justify hijacking a religion?

To say that the Bible is no different than the Quran tells me that you haven't read both. How violent is the Old Testament??? Are they word for word the same??? No, of course not but they are very similar. They can and have both be used for great good or great evil. In the end they are both religious books used by humans who are inheritently foulable.

Of course someone who is radical is going to say that those who aren't like themselves is just because they haven't seen the proverbial light. How else do you think they are going to justify hijacking a religion?

To say that the Bible is no different than the Quran tells me that you haven't read both. How violent is the Old Testament??? Are they word for word the same??? No, of course not but they are very similar. They can and have both be used for great good or great evil. In the end they are both religious books used by humans who are inheritently foulable.

I have read parts of the Quran, but the entire Bible multiple times. OT and NT are both violent, but verifiable. The crucifixion was no picnic. but God dying for us. The best evidence I can offer of this is my own flawed and yet changed life in Christ.

I have read parts of the Quran, but the entire Bible multiple times. OT and NT are both violent, but verifiable.

I don't agree with Christians at all on their beliefs, but I will say that Christians recognize the problems within the Christian religion and will even say it in public. I can respect that. However, Muslims won't talk about the problems about their religion in public. Unless, Fuzz, who thinks the one two Muslims that he knows, feel comfortable talking to a white guy about their religion is considered "public". I don't consider that. Until moderate Muslims talk about the severe problems of their religion in public settings, this growth movement for Islam will never happen. Bank on it. 50 years from now we will still be talking about how awful that Islam is as a religion.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Christian history has some really dark moments. Those things should not reflect on the claims of Christ.

As for Islam, I would submit that it is a counterfeit to Christianity that started roughly 600 years after Christ, born out of a mindset that dates back to Genesis, and the story of Ishmael. While Jesus was a Jew, he died for all.

Christian history has some really dark moments. Those things should not reflect on the claims of Christ.

As for Islam, I would submit that it is a counterfeit to Christianity that started roughly 600 years after Christ, born out of a mindset that dates back to Genesis, and the story of Ishmael. While Jesus was a Jew, he died for all.
I stray away from calling any religions...at least mainstream religions "counterfeit". 99% of people are of whatever religion they follow because they were born into that religion.

I kind of think that God placed different religions on the earth to reach the different races of people. That's why the deities in each region are in the image of the people from that region. Ask yourself…would Asians worshiped a God who’s son was a Middle Eastern Jew?
Jews, Muslims and Christians all worship the same God...they only differ in who's teachings they follow.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/16/china-secret-churches_n_5997532.html

Apparently so. China has a pretty strong underground church I'm told.
Because we have gone there and prophesized. Market your product and some are going to buy. There are also American Buddhist...

I was speaking more in a historical context. What has happened over the past 2000 years, not the last 50.

The world has become much smaller and we now have the ability to reach out to other peoples, other cultures...that wasn't as much so even 50 years ago. I wonder if in say 1920 if the average Chinaman had even heard of Jesus? Have all Chinese for most of the past 2000 years been dammed to hell because they didn't follow Christ...someone who they had never known? I kind of think not.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/16/china-secret-churches_n_5997532.html

Apparently so. China has a pretty strong underground church I'm told.

"the fastest-growing religion in nominally atheist China. There are now about 100 million Christians in the world’s most populous nation, eclipsing the 86.7 million-strong membership of the ruling Communist party. According to western intellectual tradition, modernity is supposed to bring secularisation but in modern Communist China it has been accompanied by an extraordinary rise of religions formerly banned as “opiates of the masses”.

Perhaps most surprising, given its status as a “foreign” religion and its close association with an earlier era of gunboats and imperialism, Christianity (particularly the Protestant variety) has been the big winner in the competition for Chinese souls. If it continues to spread at its current pace, the country is very likely to be home to the world’s largest Christian population within the next 15 years."

1. The Philippines proudly boasts to be the only Christian nation in Asia. More than 86 percentof the population is Roman Catholic, 6 percent belong to various nationalized Christian cults, and another 2 percent belong to well over 100 Protestant denominations.
SOUTH KOREA, a dynamo of growth, is also afire with faith. This week Pope Francis will spend five days there, for Asian Youth Day and to beatify 124 early martyrs. About 5.4m of South Korea’s 50m people are Roman Catholics. Perhaps 9m more are Protestants, of many stripes.

The only reason Christianity has not done well in Islamic populations is because it is a death sentence to convert from Islam to any other religion.

Last edited:
Crock pure and simple. You can say stuff like this all day long and yet, we have people from muslim countries most of which will not denounce what these terrorist do. As a matter of fact many dance in the streets when it is the U.S. that gets hit. Now, to say all of them no but, a large portion and to compare what they are doing today with what Christians are doing today shows a agenda driven by hate. But, we have seen this from you before.

Stop comparing the past with what is going on today. You lose credibility with this argument.

"the fastest-growing religion in nominally atheist China.

The only reason Christianity has not done well in Islamic populations is because it is a death sentence to convert from Islam to any other religion.

2 points Starchief-

1. China isn't nominally Atheist. They believe in gods. They don't believe in Monotheism. But they do believe in gods. So that rules out Atheism. Source- I'm married to an Asian born Chinese. There may be some Atheists, but they aren't are even near close to the majority at all.

2. Death from practicing Christianity in Islam nation? That's also not even true. Indonesia who has the largest population of Muslims in the world absolutely allows Christians to practice their religion freely. Malaysia (I have lived there off and on for about a year and will be retiring there) certainly has many many Christian churches in Kuala Lumpur.

What happens if humans make it off the planet before the Rapture?

Will Jesus scour the universe for those who are damned to Hell? Hate to say it. Gonna suck to travel light years to a planet only to have Jesus there waiting there to suck your soul to Hell. So I guess we only need to send Christian Astronauts or AKA AstroMissionaries.

One last question. Say we make it off this rock before the Rapture. Does Jesus sabotage the rocket ship? Just asking..

Last edited:
Reactions: jamo0001
[QUOTE="wkycatfan, post: 1647987, member: 1186" For whatever reason, he had trouble with faith.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because he thought it's a bunch of superstitious nonsense

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT