ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops should resign

If he had pride he would. But this dude is owed over 50 million dollars. Guys like Jimbo and Stoops will ride it out even if it ruins what little bit of relevance their names hold.

These schools have to realize not every coach works hard or cares as much as guys like Nick Saban and Coach K. Those guys would probably commit suicide if they were ever fired in their primes.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
Face it...he won't be fired anytime soon. So he should resign.
If he refuses to resign ... he should be required to wear clown shoes the rest of his career here. He won't be fired and he will not resign. It's all about getting paid and Mitch took care of that. Mitch needs to be fired or resign and then we let the new AD figure out how to get rid of Stoopy.

Stuck with stoops. This type of season is where he’s settling in. I think he is good enough to win minimum of 3 sec games a year and a max of 5. Barney loves mediocrity if it’s consistent. We re not a bad program but I wouldn’t characterize us as good. We are in the middle. If anyone needs to go it’s Barney. And right away. Why we let this guy operate the way he does committing out tons of money to coaches who have settled in, giving these guys an opportunity to just sit there and earn their milllions. That guy needs to be the first to go. Until then uk athletics is gonna be all about swimming and tennis

Fans just need to quit going to games. It got joker fired, would get stoops the same.
The fans stopped going because jokers teams were unwatchable and uncompetitive. You honestly think the stands are empty if the team was bowl eligible in early November? No one has ever successfully staged a coup and stopped people from going to events. That happens organically.

The fans stopped going because jokers teams were unwatchable and uncompetitive. You honestly think the stands are empty if the team was bowl eligible in early November? No one has ever successfully staged a coup and stopped people from going to events. That happens organically.
You think stoops teams are watchable? For the foreseeable future I see the UofL game as the one that decides if we get bowl eligible or not and at best will be like this year, to Finish 6-6 or 7-5.

At some point next season they will be forced to come to an agreement outside of the contract so stoops can save face and uk isn't on the hook for 55 million. That is my prediction. It will be worked out under the table.
They could do it right now. He’s ready to leave

At some point next season they will be forced to come to an agreement outside of the contract so stoops can save face and uk isn't on the hook for 55 million. That is my prediction. It will be worked out under the table.
I'm not sure what is personal situation is especially regarding his kids, but if the job has become too burdensome and stressful for him he could be interested in such a deal especially if things heat up even more.

If Stoops left after first 10 win season Barnhart fault
If Stoops under performs after being kept Barnhart fault

If Cal left and went to ucla, Barnhart fault
If he gets contract to stay which fans wanted then under performs Barnhart fault.

I see a trend. Maybe fans and boosters can run the program..its done auburn football wonders!

If he gets contract to stay which fans wanted then under performs Barnhart fault.

I see a trend. Maybe fans and boosters can run the program..its done auburn football wonders!
Didn't they win a title in recent history?

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot

Auburn football is under the shadow of Bama. UK is the only game in town. Quit making excuses.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
$9m per year with the amount of inflation the US is experiencing doesn’t buy much these days.

Overall Record: 72-64

Versus teams above .500
18-52 (25.7%)
Power 5: 12-45
Versus teams with 9+ wins: 6-31 (16.2%)
Versus teams with 10+ wins: 2-21 (8.7%)

Versus teams .500
4-3 (57.1%)
Power 5: 2-3

Versus teams below .500
40-9 (81.6%)
Power 5: 26-7

Versus FCS
10-0 (100%)

Reactions: KyCatFan

Wow, we actually found someone willing to defend Barnhart. Amazing.

Fans just need to quit going to games. It got joker fired, would get stoops the same.
Our AD got Joker fired. And I don't mean because he is the one that actually did it. Lack of ANY money spent on facilities, for a FULL decade did it.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Dude are you old enough to remember the joker years and the early stoops years? It was scorched earth bad. No comparison
Dude, I’m 55 and I know a turd when I see one, Just because stoops is better than joker doesn’t means stoops can’t coach for shit either. Stoops teams rarely, if ever, get better as the seasons progresses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT