ADVERTISEMENT

Cai Is Not Leaving

Those who believe Cal will be back next year underestimate how ugly things would get if he returned. I think it would be nothing like any of us have seen.
Fans would show up only to harass Cal. Go Big Blue Chants would be replaced with F Calipari. Every game there would be bets on how many people get kicked out of Rupp each game. Over and under be around a thousand.
He can’t stay. He just can’t

Mitch wont fire him, and cal isn’t gonna leave on this note. His ego wont allow it, especially if he thinks he’ll have a good team.

Reactions: ChicagoCat1990
I have long defended Cal, and still, I don’t think I wish to see him go, but I do want change. I would love it if Cal stayed on as head coach and oversaw recruiting and other aspects of the program like NIL development. I do think he needs to seriously consider bringing in some offensive and defensive minded coaches to teach, coach, and develop the players.

This would work. Cal would act as more of a GM and we would still see the benefits of recruiting (maybe better than ever since he can focus on that) and still get what we all want, which is a coach or two who work on strategy, sets, in game coaching, etc.
Dear lord.....

I can give you $33+ million reasons why he is not going anywhere- he is not going to resign and forfeit the $$ and KY is not going to fire him and have to pay the $33+ million- I don't like it but that's just the way it is, for now anyway
In the infamous words of Ruth from Ozark " you dont know *uck about *hit " Ky Wildcat 8. ... you are just blabbering

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
There has to be an out in there somewhere. Some way to void the contract.
Nope. The contract is here. It clearly defines what "for cause" means and the only way you're getting out of that contract is to fire him for cause. Basically if he didn't commit a felony, blatantly violate University rules, take a bribe, or gamble on games he's not getting fired for cause.

Mitch wont fire him, and cal isn’t gonna leave on this note. His ego wont allow it, especially if he thinks he’ll have a good team.
This seems to be the word going round at the sweet sixteen. Barney is toothless

If he’s still the coach next year you will start to see empty seats at Rupp, lagging merch sales and a bunch of angry fans who will criticize his every move, even worse than this year. At a certain point, everyone in town will be a jerk to him, and deservedly so. He’s the highest paid employee of a public institution and literally can’t do his job, but keeps cashing those checks. He will not win another championship here. We had arguably the most talent in the country this year and couldn’t win a single game in either tournament. It’s pathetic and Cal is destroying his legacy with each passing year.
Who cares about ccc's legacy?

Ben Roberts (Lex Herald leader) updated his Calipari buyout story late tonight ...

"Others with direct knowledge of the situation said later Friday afternoon that there have been preliminary talks exploring the possibility of a buyout involving the Crafts."

Ben Roberts (Lex Herald leader) updated his Calipari buyout story late tonight ...

"Others with direct knowledge of the situation said later Friday afternoon that there have been preliminary talks exploring the possibility of a buyout involving the Crafts."
This is EXACTLY what I want to hear. We should all send the Craft family flowers if they make it happen…..

Cal seems like he would keep coaching here just to be stubborn. If he is coaching next year, he’ll probably make jokes about all the crazy basketball bennys wanting him fired.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
I can give you $33+ million reasons why he is not going anywhere- he is not going to resign and forfeit the $$ and KY is not going to fire him and have to pay the $33+ million- I don't like it but that's just the way it is, for now anyway
Maybe Cai isn't, but maybe Cal is.

Now, see, that's a little too crazy. Had we fired Cal after 38-1, man, that would've made BBN look really bad. And then we don't get Fox, Monk, and Bam. And man I love that team.

But I understand her frustration. It should've been after 9-16.
I am so sorry. Thanks for pointing that out!!!! It WAS the 9-16 season!!! I don't know where my head was. I had been thinking about the 38-1 season and thinking that was when the last game broke Cal. With this last game I have just been walking around in a sad, depressed daze. Thanks again for the correction. I will place an edit on that post.

Reactions: Girthang
I have long defended Cal, and still, I don’t think I wish to see him go, but I do want change. I would love it if Cal stayed on as head coach and oversaw recruiting and other aspects of the program like NIL development. I do think he needs to seriously consider bringing in some offensive and defensive minded coaches to teach, coach, and develop the players.

This would work. Cal would act as more of a GM and we would still see the benefits of recruiting (maybe better than ever since he can focus on that) and still get what we all want, which is a coach or two who work on strategy, sets, in game coaching, etc.
Ambien can cause wild dreams.

Yes exactly send them all kinds of gifts …. If the Crafts make this happen they are heaven sent…..

I'm thinking monetary gifts. I've saved a lot of money not buying tickets to tourneys and games during the last 7-8 years

Nope. The contract is here. It clearly defines what "for cause" means and the only way you're getting out of that contract is to fire him for cause. Basically if he didn't commit a felony, blatantly violate University rules, take a bribe, or gamble on games he's not getting fired for cause.

Damn. Thanks for the link to it

In the infamous words of Ruth from Ozark- "U apparently don't know *uck about *hit ManitouDan"- Cal is back so who was just blabbering ????
You seemingly got this one right .. sadly . Surprisingly , shockingly . Did you have inside info or just thought the money was too high ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT