ADVERTISEMENT

Cai Is Not Leaving

I can give you $33+ million reasons why he is not going anywhere- he is not going to resign and forfeit the $$ and KY is not going to fire him and have to pay the $33+ million- I don't like it but that's just the way it is, for now anyway
They'd be paying $33 million whether he's coaching or not, so that's not the issue. The issue is they don't want to pay him his yearly salary AND pay a new coach their yearly salary. It's all about money. UK admins do not care about win totals, tournament results. It's all about how many butts are in Rupp Arena, buying merchandise or donating to the school. Nothing else matters to them.

If he’s still the coach next year you will start to see empty seats at Rupp, lagging merch sales and a bunch of angry fans who will criticize his every move, even worse than this year. At a certain point, everyone in town will be a jerk to him, and deservedly so. He’s the highest paid employee of a public institution and literally can’t do his job, but keeps cashing those checks. He will not win another championship here. We had arguably the most talent in the country this year and couldn’t win a single game in either tournament. It’s pathetic and Cal is destroying his legacy with each passing year.

If he’s still the coach next year you will start to see empty seats at Rupp, lagging merch sales and a bunch of angry fans who will criticize his every move, even worse than this year. At a certain point, everyone in town will be a jerk to him, and deservedly so. He’s the highest paid employee of a public institution and literally can’t do his job, but keeps cashing those checks. He will not win another championship here. We had arguably the most talent in the country this year and couldn’t win a single game in either tournament. It’s pathetic and Cal is destroying his legacy with each passing year.

That's what I was saying earlier. He KNOWS nobody takes him seriously anymore, especially in Lexington. Its too uncomfortable. I'd think he wants out as fast as possible. Heck he might crazily end up at Vanderbilt.

That's what I was saying earlier. He KNOWS nobody takes him seriously anymore, especially in Lexington. Its too uncomfortable. I'd think he wants out as fast as possible. Heck he might crazily end up at Vanderbilt.

If Cal had a problem with being uncomfortable, he'd have learned how to handle and implement a zone defense by now. He for damn sure would have learned to not put his foot in his mouth with fans as well. He lives to be the fly in the ointment. Whiners always do

Thanks kywildcats8
It’s good to have insiders who know what’s up

Your username is synonymous with close sources and correct information.
How about I am just thinking with common sense- hopefully am 100% wrong but no matter how u slice it, $33 million is a huge sum

Then it’s time to make his life miserable enough that he won’t have a choice
Don’t be an idiot. Don’t make our fanbase look bad, it will only hurt us in the end. Start with signing the petition. If anybody thinks taking matters into their own hands by putting For Sale signs in his yard, starting rumors or protesting outside his house is a good idea, you’re wrong. It will end up causing our next prospective coach to reconsider, the national media will lambast our fanbase and the ultimately the karmic debt will be far too great to overcome.

Real talk. How is it not cheaper to fire Cal?

Cal makes 9M a year roughly. He's got 5 years left. That's 45M. To finish out at UK.

It's going to cost 33M to fire him over the course of 5 years.

Wouldn't we be saving 12M here to fire him?

They'd be paying $33 million whether he's coaching or not, so that's not the issue. The issue is they don't want to pay him his yearly salary AND pay a new coach their yearly salary. It's all about money. UK admins do not care about win totals, tournament results. It's all about how many butts are in Rupp Arena, buying merchandise or donating to the school. Nothing else matters to them.
That’s kind of their job description

This is the first time national writers across the board are crushing Cal - not the fans for being unrealistic - but Cal. This is also the first time national writers across the board are putting the idea out there that this may need to end. That's pretty significant imo.

But...Mitch put something in place a few years ago that no one would walk away from and Cal doesn't seem like the quit and run away with his tail between his legs type so I really do think he's here until HE says he's had enough. I could've seen us getting to the FF and Cal walking away being satisfied enough but now? No. And no, I don't believe Mitch will fire Cal. Despite what's happened, we were still a 3 seed.

• Angry
Reactions: NociHTTP
Cal is gonna be gone before final 4 is done. Entire fanbase wants him out he lost everyone. .ichihsn can pay him it's perfect senerio for him to leave.

Honestly don't care he goes to UL or IU just outta here
he's not going anywhere, and one of the reasons would be that we WANT HIM GONE. Cal's a spiteful, anti-benny type. He'll have to be forced out. No school, that is not in the dumps, and that has an intelligent admin, is going to come calling for him.

You still have to pay the new coach
So, 4 million is being saved. Presumably the new coach would make what Cal was unless we land a huge name like Hurley or Pearl or God forbid Oats.

So, suck for 5 more years while paying the same mount of money makes NO business sense whatsoever.

Reactions: NociHTTP
If I was betting on it right now, I’m saying Cal will be here next season. There will likely be some shake up among his assistants. I also believe we’ll start to get good news about returning players soon, too
Returning players is not good news if Cal is still here. That's just pacifying news. Most of here are willing to see those players go elsewhere if it means Cal is gone.

he's not going anywhere, and one of the reasons would be that we WANT HIM GONE. Cal's a spiteful, anti-benny type. He'll have to be forced out. No school, that is not in the dumps, and that has an intelligent admin, is going to come calling for him.
Fire every assistant other than Ulis . Announce UK Ath department now decides schedule Watch him quit right then.

Returning players is not good news if Cal is still here. That's just pacifying news. Most of here are willing to see those players go elsewhere if it means Cal is gone.
Agreed. The talent this year was supposed to make this year "The year" and look what happened. Unless the returning players are SGA, AD, Maxey, Booker, Towns, Bam, and Murray, there's not really any returning players that could add enough to next year's incoming freshman that would make me feel good if Cal is still coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT