ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP Chuck Hayes

I'm sure it doesn't make any difference, but I HOPE that Calipari is fuming and humiliated over how control of the UK basketball program was wrestled from him and back into the hands of BBN and coaches who matter.

No one ever here ever guessed what my username meant, but I feel that now is the time to say it.

No
Coach
Is
Higher
Than
The
Program

I hope everyone has a great night, and go Pope and Big Blue Nation!

Someone who, love you Boogie, but this guy’s opinion means about a hundred times what yours means.

I absolutely love seeing the guys who actually did care about being a Wildcat missing from the program. The Hayes, Rondos, Fitch, Delk, Anderson, McCarty, Walker, Ritchie Farmers, Feldhause, Phelphery, Prince, Bogans, Nazr, Magloire, ETC.. those guys seemed to be totally cut off when Cal was here.

Cal’s tenure, as we all saw wasn’t about the program and the longer here was here you could even see it in who he recruited and how they felt. Even guys like Boogie say dumb stuff and he was around when Cal promoted the idea of both the school and players benefiting and seemed to love it here.

We are back to our tradition! LFG Mark Pope I will be cheering for you so hard. I want OUR team to win for you so bad. He is the perfect guy to try to bring us back to prominence.

I'm sure it doesn't make any difference, but I HOPE that Calipari is fuming and humiliated over how control of the UK basketball program was wrestled from him and back into the hands of BBN and coaches who matter.

No one ever here ever guessed what my username meant, but I feel that now is the time to say it.

No
Coach
Is
Higher
Than
The
Program

I am with you baby. !!!!!!!

No
Coach
Is
Higher
Than
The
Program

I assumed the last part was hyper text transport protocol.

A WHOLE LOT of the former players were NOT happy with the direction of the program under Cal these last few seasons. The way he downplayed winning the SEC or the SEC Tournament, playing nearly ALL of our big games at neutral sites, losing in Rupp to mid-majors and basically belittling ANYONE that questioned his way of doing things.

I told this board that Sam Bowie was NOT joking when he stated that if UK didn't win it all this year, it was on Cal. The former players were TIRED of Cal and what he had done to OUR program!! That's why we have seen NUMEROUS players from BEFORE the Cal era come out in support of Coach Pope!!

No
Coach
Is
Higher
Than
The
Program

I honestly thought you were a web developer lol

I love the name!

No
Coach
Is
Higher
Than
The
Program

I absolutely 💯% love your name. I figured it had to have a special meaning, but it is so COOL!!!!!!!!!!!💙💙💙

Chuck was having an affair with an older married woman. He wasn't a class act.
giphy.gif

No
Coach
Is
Higher
Than
The
Program

This is WAY better than BEGOK.

The Hayes, Rondos, Fitch, Delk, Anderson, McCarty, Walker, Ritchie Farmers, Feldhause, Phelphery, Prince, Bogans, Nazr, Magloire, ETC.. those guys seemed to be totally cut off when Cal was here.
Mos def not seemed.... they were cut out.... and it goes into a lot of generations of UK players.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Hayes was a great multi year player that developed quite well over his 4 years and that’s what made him a good player and great ambassador for the University. Seems like he’s doing real well for himself later in life after having a decent career on the NBA. I’d actually love to have one of these former players whether it be Hayes, Prince, or Nazr come back home and run our NIL program and be that 5th coach!

• Love
Reactions: BlueSince92
There's a type of player we haven't had in a while, and maybe college basketball hasn't either.

Chuck was ultimate team player, glue guy, hustler, lock somebody down on D, etc... undrafted had a decent 10-year career.

Guards/wings were faster more athletic, bigs were bigger stronger and more athletic yet he somehow had the career he had at UK and in the pros.

Punched above his weight class in every regard.

• Love
Reactions: BlueSince92
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT