ADVERTISEMENT

Seems Like Pitino Is Taking Left Overs

Apr 16, 2015
He can't attract a 5 star so he takes 5th year players and transfers..I guess he needs bodies for Little Brother to field a team..The players he's getting are less than stellar..but they'll be the Best of The Best when he gets done with them..:eek:

Reactions: Stonewall12
Probably not the best time to be talking trash about another school's recruiting.

Too funny. We dont have an NBA team coming in this year and we're acting like the run is over. Skal, Briscoe, Ulis, Poythress and Lee, all athletic stars.....10 years ago we'd already be hanging a banner.

Billy you may want to check the top 25 player list. Rick has 2 five star players on that list coming to UL. Nice left overs...

Too funny. We dont have an NBA team coming in this year and we're acting like the run is over. Skal, Briscoe, Ulis, Poythress and Lee, all athletic stars.....10 years ago we'd already be hanging a banner.

Kentucky just lost out on a recruit TODAY, that means on to the next plan which could lead to a juco or who knows. No where did I mention UK's roster or comment about how good it was. Kentucky just missed on a 5th year player too.

Billy you may want to check the top 25 player list. Rick has 2 five star players on that list coming to UL. Nice left overs...

Okay, I have looked at 5 lists which rank high school players, and the concensus list. Which list has UL with 2 top 25 players? Cannot find it.

He can't attract a 5 star so he takes 5th year players and transfers..I guess he needs bodies for Little Brother to field a team..The players he's getting are less than stellar..but they'll be the Best of The Best when he gets done with them..:eek:

Pitino is adding the exact payers that he needs. UK is struggling to get ANYONE this spring & likely to add only a juco.........& Pitino will coach them up........he may not be much of a person, but he is a very good coach

Rick Pitino himself has said his recruiting has been a failure. John Calipari has had the number 1 class for 300 years straight, and has the #2 class this year. Cal owns Rick, and the only excuse Rick fans have is that Cal has better players. And yet, on a UK board no less, it's somehow unacceptable to point out RPs recruiting troubles.

Par.

Is it really difficult to understand that getting a transfer to complete the roster or fill a specific role is different from relying on two transfers to either make or break your team?

Pitino is adding the exact payers that he needs. UK is struggling to get ANYONE this spring & likely to add only a juco.........& Pitino will coach them up........he may not be much of a person, but he is a very good coach
And yet Cal owns him like UK owns the tards. Yeah UK is struggling. Check the ranking of UK's class genius.

Probably not the best time to be talking trash about another school's recruiting.

Why? We have the #1 overall player in the entire class in PF Skal Labissiere, the #1 rated PG in Isiah Briscoe and a very underrated top 50 SG in Charles Matthews.

Plus, we're in the mix for no less than four uncommitted top ten players and a fifth if Murray reclassifies.

Why? We have the #1 overall player in the entire class in PF Skal Labissiere, the #1 rated PG in Isiah Briscoe and a very underrated top 50 SG in Charles Matthews.

Plus, we're in the mix for no less than four uncommitted top ten players and a fifth if Murray reclassifies.

Why? Maybe because we lost 7, and we've signed 3 to replace.

Why? Maybe because we lost 7, and we've signed 3 to replace.

We had so much depth we had to platoon for most of the year to get everyone minutes.

If you think Cal is done with this class, you've clearly not been paying attention.

I know Cal's not done. That's easy to see. The problem is that most all of our targets are...with us at least.

Coach them up 4 him they will never b a pro player b/c he is not worry about that. Just like denny crum when he was on 60 minutes QUOTE I don't teach class i teach basketball. Had the dumbest players in the N.C.A.A and he did'nt care if they could read or write.

UL will be a good team next yr. I don't care for Pitino or UL, but the guy is a great coach and will have them in the top 20 next yr.

As for UK's recruiting, I like the shorter roster. Play about 8 guys, but you need ten to practice. Gives coaches more time with each player to help them improve. No worrying about someone's PT. Coach K only plays 7-8 every yr and has won a ton of games and titles.

UK just needs one or at most two to be really good, right now they have enough to be a solid team. If that JUCO kid can play and shot 3's like he has been, UK will be very good next yr (if UK lands him that is)

Anyone who tries to compare the ville to UK in recruiting must be blind, KY is No. 1 or 2 every yr , Ky are having 7 going to the pro s this yr, slick Rick does the best with was he has, all you UL fans on this board drinking to much Kool Aid, no coach even comes close to coach Cal in recruiting, this yr so far we have only got 3 top 50 kids but most schools would be very happy to have these recruits..

Okay, I have looked at 5 lists which rank high school players, and the concensus list. Which list has UL with 2 top 25 players? Cannot find it.

247 Sports lists adel as #6 sf and donovan mitchell as #6 sg, although they are not in the top 25 overall. uvel's class is ranked 8th. hate to say it but they might be better than last year, if any if the new guys can shoot.

What's so bad about Kentucky's recruiting? We have a top 5 class so far and Cal isn't done.

And UL has a top 10. Nothing bad about UK's recruiting or UL's right now. Taking pot shots at UL right now about their class is silly. Let's make fun of UL when UK beats them in Dec.

He can't attract a 5 star so he takes 5th year players and transfers..I guess he needs bodies for Little Brother to field a team..The players he's getting are less than stellar..but they'll be the Best of The Best when he gets done with them.

Guess you could look at it many ways. The reality is Pitino understands how difficult it is for him to sign 5 star HS kids. I am sure many of you say it is because he has no recent track record of getting 5 stars to the NBA. MIght be true but since he never signs them how would anybody know? In the end most of the elite 5 star kids are Nike kids and most sign with Nike schools.

The reality is UL like UK had a major roster turnover this year and Rick wants to stay competitive. UL has a solid class of 3 - 4 star HS kids coming. Mitchell is probably a 5 star type kid. The key is to a some really good experienced guys who can shoot to round out next years team. You can call it left overs but the 2 guys they signed are really good and we beat over top 20 programs to get them. How would you know if they are less than stellar? Both kids played well against good teams when they had the chance last year. Guess we will see how it works out.

It is funny you are talking about left overs at the same time Cal is recruiting a player UL scouted for months and brought in for a visit and decided not to offer a scholarship. Best I can tell Rick and Cal are both trying to complete their roster with the best players available.

Like a previous poster said Rick is filling needs, and with Cal the idea of getting everyone to buy into a system like the one we just finished might be over. Cal probably is doing the same thing, trying to get another big man and a 3 man.

I promise Pitino would shat his pants to have the Team Kentucky has now without another player.When Cal finishes we will have a team that is in the hunt

Loseville fans will always be jealous of the Cats they want what we have and know it not going to happen.Be proud the the dirty birds are jealous

The only reason the guys bought into the platoon system was because the reward was going to be a championship.....they did their part, Cal just got out coached. Dont you realize that recruits see it? Could not win a national championship with 9 MAA's?? It's funny that since the final 4, kids don't want to come to Lexington anymore. When was our last commitment, October???? When 40-0 was looking like a reality and we got Skal and Brisco on the same night! One and dones want to walk out with a championship if they are going to have to "serve time". If not a championship, they want full playing time.....seems like we can't deliver either one!

Reactions: Vic Von Erich
The only reason the guys bought into the platoon system was because the reward was going to be a championship.....they did their part, Cal just got out coached. Dont you realize that recruits see it? Could not win a national championship with 9 MAA's?? It's funny that since the final 4, kids don't want to come to Lexington anymore. When was our last commitment, October???? When 40-0 was looking like a reality and we got Skal and Brisco on the same night! One and dones want to walk out with a championship if they are going to have to "serve time". If not a championship, they want full playing time.....seems like we can't deliver either one!
You're not obvious at all. Your coach got abused by Izzo in the Elite 8, and is Cal's whipping boy. Take that mess over to a teams board that doesn't own you.

Reactions: katntonic
Congrats the most idiotic,brainless post ever.

Reactions: katntonic
Pitino Gambled .Payout remains to be seen. Izzo did not out coach Pitino , State just shot the ball much better. Louisville team was not very good, yet they had 2 lock NBA'ers . Then again we got beat with 8, winning only one more tournament game.. makes me nauseated to think one free throw separated us from loserville

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT