ADVERTISEMENT

Seems Like Pitino Is Taking Left Overs

Pitino Gambled .Payout remains to be seen. Izzo did not out coach Pitino , State just shot the ball much better. Louisville team was not very good, yet they had 2 lock NBA'ers . Then again we got beat with 8, winning only one more tournament game.. makes me nauseated to think one free throw separated us from loserville

Ul wasn't the only one that missed free throws, if ul hit all their free throws (they hit 20/29) and Mich St hit theirs(15/20) ul still won't have won. The final score then would have been 81-79.

Pitino Gambled .Payout remains to be seen. Izzo did not out coach Pitino , State just shot the ball much better. Louisville team was not very good, yet they had 2 lock NBA'ers . Then again we got beat with 8, winning only one more tournament game.. makes me nauseated to think one free throw separated us from loserville
No, your coach got abused by Izzo, just like he did in the 09 Elite 8 game. Kinda reminded me of how Cal abuses the Crypt keeper every year.

No, your coach got abused by Izzo, just like he did in the 09 Elite 8 game. Kinda reminded me of how Cal abuses the Crypt keeper every year.

We don't hang any banners for beating Louseyville...

So big whoop

The only reason the guys bought into the platoon system was because the reward was going to be a championship.....they did their part, Cal just got out coached. Dont you realize that recruits see it? Could not win a national championship with 9 MAA's?? It's funny that since the final 4, kids don't want to come to Lexington anymore. When was our last commitment, October???? When 40-0 was looking like a reality and we got Skal and Brisco on the same night! One and dones want to walk out with a championship if they are going to have to "serve time". If not a championship, they want full playing time.....seems like we can't deliver either one!

Kids want to go where they can win a championship not to uK? You mean like LSU, Miss St, Illinois, UNLV???

Sorry but the Turds do not have any 5* talent coming in at all!
I did not say any UL recruits were 5 star. What I was trying to say was that Mitchell probably has 5 star talent. The fact that he was the MVP in 2 ALL Star games my suggest that he is going to be pretty good.

Just remember there is 4 star kids every year who turn out to be better than some 5 star kids. Not all 5 star kids are locks to be lottery picks.

Reactions: LockdownCard
Man I struggle with anything other than Championship banners . I acknowledge the significance however second place is the first loser .

Hahahaha Word . When I see a banner that is anything other than NCAA Championship . The banner reads "second place is the first loser" .

Kids want to go where they can win a championship not to uK? You mean like LSU, Miss St, Illinois, UNLV???

If you read my ENTIRE post you would see that I said "kids want a national championship, or full playing time." The recruits we are missing WILL get full playing time at LSU, Miss St, Illinois, and UNLV. Full playing time will not happen in Lexington. A championship may not happen either if Cal continues his ways.

Hahahaha Word . When I see a banner that is anything other than NCAA Championship . The banner reads "second place is the first loser" .
Rick by no means is taking leftovers from anyone. However in taking these fifth year seniors, I think it fair to examine his own words on the "one and done" scenario. Many may remember his little press snipets that he doesn't recruit OAD's because he gets too emotionally envolved with his players and couldn't stand to see them leave after one year? How is this different with graduate seniors? Now let's review Pitino's statements after Cal put another whippin on him in Dec. On his call in show a fan told him he was tired of losing to UK and how he could explain his inability to beat the cats? Rick said these things very often run in cycles and Ky has enjoyed a winning streak although he felt that L-ville was about to go on a run of their own. Rick typically doesn't do well with freshmen because of his zone defense and especially with players who consider themselves OAD. Why bother learning a defense that your never going to play in the NBA? Make no mistake Rick taking fifth year graduates is his way of trying to keep up with the Big man in the state.

He can't attract a 5 star so he takes 5th year players and transfers..I guess he needs bodies for Little Brother to field a team..The players he's getting are less than stellar..but they'll be the Best of The Best when he gets done with them..:eek:

He's won as many championships as Cal has since he's been here.

And how many years has Pitino been at UL? Cal at UK? I swear some of you people don't think before posting.

and one could just as easily ask who has had the boatload of 5star talent each & every year....but neither that point, nor yours, would change the truth of what he posted.

Something has to be done with this 3rex character. My prediction? He doesn't last through the summer. Then he'll come back as 3Pitino.

and one could just as easily ask who has had the boatload of 5star talent each & every year....but neither that point, nor yours, would change the truth of what he posted.
Lol. The best comparison is what did Pitino do his first 5 years at UL and what Cal has done at UK. Throw in that Cal has owned Pitino while at UK and it's not even close who is the overall best coach. Pitino is a very distant second.

Reactions: buckkiller
Lol. The best comparison is what did Pitino do his first 5 years at UL and what Cal has done at UK. Throw in that Cal has owned Pitino while at UK and it's not even close who is the overall best coach. Pitino is a very distant second.

lol....so you randomly choose the first 5 years at UL & UK as the point to which you use to judge the better coach. I coulda swore they both coached prior to those years, but I could be mistaken I guess.

Something has to be done with this 3rex character. My prediction? He doesn't last through the summer. Then he'll come back as 3Pitino.

great take....after all, ive only been here for 10-12 years...

Heck, I got all those 8,000 posts yesterday....but, yeah, I'll be gone before summer is over...

lol

lol....so you randomly choose the first 5 years at UL & UK as the point to which you use to judge the better coach. I coulda swore they both coached prior to those years, but I could be mistaken I guess.
It's not random. However, let's compare the last 5 years if you want. Pitino still comes in second.

it is random...or let's do this...let's use 1992-1997

see how that game works?
You show you aren't very good at the game. But that evident based on your posting history. It's moronic to compare coaches at that stage. It would be like comparing Coach K in the early 80s to Bob Knight during the same period as to who is the better coach today. Maybe someone with intelligence can explain that to you.

Reactions: katntonic
You show you aren't very good at the game. But that evident based on your posting history. It's moronic to compare coaches at that stage. It would be like comparing Coach K in the early 80s to Bob Knight during the same period as to who is the better coach today. Maybe someone with intelligence can explain that to you.

...yeah, good point....its much better to pick a random 5 year period such as the ones you want to use, than the random 5 year period that I wanted to use.
I see what you mean... lol

...yeah, good point....its much better to pick a random 5 year period such as the ones you want to use, than the random 5 year period that I wanted to use.
I see what you mean... lol
If you think the last 5 years are random then that is your problem. It would be like a UC fan saying UC is the better program today because they had two NCAA titles in the early 60s. Cal is the better coach today- in tournament success, heads up play and recruiting. There is no debate. The stats speak for themselves.

Reactions: katntonic
He needs to go slurp Pitino on the UL board. He probably goes by Senore2006 over there. Maybe if we keep reporting his posts, he'll finally get banned.

He needs to go slurp Pitino on the UL board. He probably goes by Senore2006 over there. Maybe if we keep reporting his posts, he'll finally get banned.

"hall monitor alert..."

you've got to be kidding...reporting posts? Just because you don't like or agree with them? and for the record, ive never, not once, even visited a louseyville board. But obviously you have.

If you think the last 5 years are random then that is your problem. It would be like a UC fan saying UC is the better program today because they had two NCAA titles in the early 60s. Cal is the better coach today- in tournament success, heads up play and recruiting. There is no debate. The stats speak for themselves.

Coach A-- in last 5 years-- 155-35- 1 NC- 3 Final Fours- 1 NIT

Coach B- in last 5 years-- 148-40- 1 NC- 1 Final Four- 0 NIT

the numbers don't really say "no debate," or "hands down."

Pretty dang good numbers by both coaches...

And yes, picking a 5 year period out of any coaches 15-20 year career to base your argument is the definition of random.

In the last 5 years, Calipari has 4 final fours, not 3. IOW, twice as many. Might as well fudge the numbers when it comes to comparing Cal and Rick. Anything to get to a place where you can say it's competitive. How odd that we find him once again defending Rick at Cal's expense, on a UK board no less. Bruce Jenner can out of a closet this week, to much fanfare. Come on, 3rex, you can do it! Be honest with yourself. You're.......a..........Louisville.......fan. Just say it. It's easy. You'll feel so much better about yourself.

In the last 5 years, Calipari has 4 final fours, not 3. IOW, twice as many. Might as well fudge the numbers when it comes to comparing Cal and Rick. Anything to get to a place where you can say it's competitive. How odd that we find him once again defending Rick at Cal's expense, on a UK board no less. Bruce Jenner can out of a closet this week, to much fanfare. Come on, 3rex, you can do it! Be honest with yourself. You're.......a..........Louisville.......fan. Just say it. It's easy. You'll feel so much better about yourself.

its not that hard Mojo...most people do not count a National Championship as a National Championship AND a Final Four year.
But if you want to, fine by me....just add one to each side.
For the record, I never took issue at all with irish's position on who the best coach is. It can certainly be argued reasonably either way. I was just pointing out the disingenuousness of picking out a random 5 year period to do so.
Both guys can flat coach. If I want to make an argument for either, I should be able to do so on their entire body of work, not just their best 5 year stretch, or the random 5 year period I decide to pick.

Coach A-- in last 5 years-- 155-35- 1 NC- 3 Final Fours- 1 NIT

Coach B- in last 5 years-- 148-40- 1 NC- 1 Final Four- 0 NIT

the numbers don't really say "no debate," or "hands down."

Pretty dang good numbers by both coaches...

And yes, picking a 5 year period out of any coaches 15-20 year career to base your argument is the definition of random.
Coaches evolve with experience. The last five years is a good indication. If you prefer the last ten years, let's look at the numbers. But the last five years, Cal has four final fours, a title and an NIT. Pitino has three final fours and a title. He also has a poor record against Cal straight up and has lost to Cal in the NCAA tourney twice. Look, I think Pitino is a very good coach. But I think Cal is the better total package at this time. You obviously disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT