ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTUS Rules You Can Refuse Service to Same-Sex Couples

I did not read the article. Don’t really care about what someone is doing in a town in Michigan. But, the quote was if you identify as something other than a man/woman, is there a protected class for people who identify otherwise?
Yes sexual orientation and gender identity are also protected in Michigan like they are in Colorado where the 303 Creative and Jack Phillips cases come from.

False. In
Was there some expectation, regardless of how that case fell, that all discrimination would forever disappear?

The bizarre binary argument that attempts to demand all risk of anything reduced to zero dominated half the population the last few years. It's unrealistic, counterproductive, and ridiculous.
TCurtis will present fake facts and then demean you for revealing his mistakes. He will repeat those fake facts until the whole world sees he got it grossly wrong and then he will act like your are the asshole for showing his mistakes and responding with the same kind of dismissiveness he offers everyone with whom he disagrees. He will stalk you, see above, and then call you the stalker. There is no bigger hypocrite on this board than he.
The irony is extremely thick here.

Yes sexual orientation and gender identity are also protected in Michigan like they are in Colorado where the 303 Creative and Jack Phillips cases come from.
Don’t mean to offend you, but I don’t think every local story is a national story because it checks someone’s box. If the Michigan resident is the party to a lawsuit that I think will be heard by the Supreme Court, I will pay attention. But the “there is a racist is Topeka” story is, perhaps, a story for Topeka, but not a story I will usually care about.

That is a downfall of having information at your fingertips and media trying to get hits, they try to sell to us that every bad local story is a national debate. I disagree.

The irony is extremely thick here.
You bring very little substance to this forum other than a zealous attack upon those with whom your disagree. So, your opinion about ironies don’t carry much weight.

In my experience on this board, no one has been more ugly to me that TCurtis. Besides all of the regular pejoratives and demeaning references, he wished me harm and, worse, wished harm upon my family. He later backed off the comment, because he probably realized such venom might get him suspended or booted, but there are not many posters who would even considered such vile comments.

Read his comments over the past few days and try that on for irony.

So many yawns right now for comments that are nothing but half truths and out right lies. I’m not surprised when I see who the posters are. No names necessary. They know who they are since they do it in every post they make while claiming to be a victim.

So many yawns right now for comments that are nothing but half truths and out right lies. I’m not surprised when I see who the posters are. No names necessary. They know who they are since they do it in every post they make while claiming to be a victim.
I understand why you would try to dodge your extreme ugliness on this board. And, why you cannot keep your pledge. You are obsessed and cannot help yourself. Put me on ignore and keep your promise.

So many HALF truths that are twisted to portray the victim. Some people think every post I make is about them. If you think it is about you then maybe you should re-evaluate the things you post. You know what they say about a guilty conscience.

That’s interesting that you use quotes. The term liberal and the modern connotation are way off. True liberalism no longer exists in the Democratic Party.

On the other hand, conservatism is dead in the GOP too. Huge difficult spending, give aways to giant corporations who now have more power than the government and a complete abandonment of every conservative principle outside of social culture wars is gone.

I even tried libertarianism (small government, low debt and minimal social restrictions) but wow…some of those dudes are crazier than the dims or the cons….not much libertarianism in the libertarian crowd either….
If by “Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.
John F. Kennedy

2658jtr9q8w21.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT