ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTUS Rules You Can Refuse Service to Same-Sex Couples

Are you talking about keeping the classroom focused on teaching reading, writing and arithmetic, and keeping sexual content away from children? If so, then I believe it is greatly different. Government workers’ rights do not override parental rights. Just because your job gives you access to someone else’s child it does not mean you get to influence that child toward homogeneity.
Caveman, you and I have actually agreed a bit lately, but you have to agree with me that a bunch of jurisdictions are trying to tell parents what their kids can read and what their gay/transgender kids can do as far as medical care. If parents get to decide, parents get to decide.

Caveman, you and I have actually agreed a bit lately, but you have to agree with me that a bunch of jurisdictions are trying to tell parents what their kids can read and what their gay/transgender kids can do as far as medical care. If parents get to decide, parents get to decide.
BBB, you don’t think there is a difference between sending your kid to school and reasonably having an expectation about what they will and won’t learn and parents making experimental life changing decisions for their child? You can let your boy identify as a girl and your girl identify as a boy, change their names, etc. But we don’t let adults physically abuse children, regardless of relationship. Whether chemical or physical, the changes are detrimental and often permanent. And, the evidence does not support a healthy child. That is why European and other countries have backed off. So, I do not agree with the analogy between deciding what your child learns and permitting chemical or physical permanent changes to a minor who cannot understand the ramifications of the decision.

Reactions: IdaCat
BBB, you don’t think there is a difference between sending your kid to school and reasonably having an expectation about what they will and won’t learn and parents making experimental life changing decisions for their child? You can let your boy identify as a girl and your girl identify as a boy, change their names, etc. But we don’t let adults physically abuse children, regardless of relationship. Whether chemical or physical, the changes are detrimental and often permanent. And, the evidence does not support a healthy child. That is why European and other countries have backed off. So, I do not agree with the analogy between deciding what your child learns and permitting chemical or physical permanent changes to a minor who cannot understand the ramifications of the decision.
I know that the AMA has discouraged laws that would prohibit the treatment for these kids. "The American Medical Association (AMA) today urged governors to oppose state legislation that would prohibit medically necessary gender transition-related care for minor patients, calling such efforts “a dangerous intrusion into the practice of medicine.” I choose to side with the professionals here that know more about it than me. I would hope as a professional, you would defer to those that know more about it. If your politics or religion causes you to not understand these people (i'll be honest, I don't really understand it either, but it is not politics or religion that hinders my understanding) you should leave your politics and religion aside and let families make those decisions with the assistance of professionals.

As far as letting parents make educational decisions relating to their kids, if we could get parents involved in education, it would be great. But parents were not involved in education until political division caused both sides to hop in and decide what schools should teach. By and large, most parents have no business deciding what schools teach. If you are so politically or religiously opposed to what schools are teaching, home school your kid.

I know that the AMA has discouraged laws that would prohibit the treatment for these kids. "The American Medical Association (AMA) today urged governors to oppose state legislation that would prohibit medically necessary gender transition-related care for minor patients, calling such efforts “a dangerous intrusion into the practice of medicine.” I choose to side with the professionals here that know more about it than me. I would hope as a professional, you would defer to those that know more about it. If your politics or religion causes you to not understand these people (i'll be honest, I don't really understand it either, but it is not politics or religion that hinders my understanding) you should leave your politics and religion aside and let families make those decisions with the assistance of professionals.

As far as letting parents make educational decisions relating to their kids, if we could get parents involved in education, it would be great. But parents were not involved in education until political division caused both sides to hop in and decide what schools should teach. By and large, most parents have no business deciding what schools teach. If you are so politically or religiously opposed to what schools are teaching, home school your kid.
I would home school my kids if they were grade school aged, but in a democracy with freedoms of speech and association, I don’t have to be quiet about what schools teach when it comes to sex education. I don’t agree with the idea that the government is the parent.

I also disagree with the idea that other countries are not following the science or that there is such a thing as “medically necessary gender transition-related care for minor patients.” I encourage you to read “Current Concerns About Gender‐Affirming Therapy in Adolescents” in Current Sexual Health Reports.

I would home school my kids if they were grade school aged, but in a democracy with freedoms of speech and association, I don’t have to be quiet about what schools teach when it comes to sex education. I don’t agree with the idea that the government is the parent.

I also disagree with the idea that other countries are not following the science or that there is such a thing as “medically necessary gender transition-related care for minor patients.” I encourage you to read “Current Concerns About Gender‐Affirming Therapy in Adolescents” in Current Sexual Health Reports.
I will read it. I've never encouraged any parents "to be quiet about what schools teach when it comes to sex education". However, I do disagree with mobs burning books and thinking that just because they disagree with certain things they get to decide public school curriculum.

My kids are middle aged. Hell my grandkids are out of college. I'm a great-grandfather, so I haven't been involved in local education for a long time, but I know that it is never good when a group of like minded people insist that kids should not learn things that they don't agree with.

so you believe politicians over the doctors when it comes to medical advice?
No. I believe science. I believe that a high percentage of kids who identify as transgender will identify as their biological sex if nature and puberty are permitted. I believe in the psychological reports that suggest transgenderism is a real socially generated thing in some kids. I believe the science that says puberty blockers can leave adults barren and that the impact of long term hormone treatment is unknown. And, that surgical mutilation of genitalia is permanent. And, that our brains are not developed until we are in our mid to late 20s. I believe that medicine is divided on the issue and that adults should not be deciding such things for kids. That adults should be able to make such decisions for themselves. I also believe there exists a pharmaceutical and medical industry that has exploded in this area that is not altruistic but is seeking to capitalize on this movement. So, I agree with the politicians that say “stop,” but not because they are saying it.

I will read it. I've never encouraged any parents "to be quiet about what schools teach when it comes to sex education". However, I do disagree with mobs burning books and thinking that just because they disagree with certain things they get to decide public school curriculum.

My kids are middle aged. Hell my grandkids are out of college. I'm a great-grandfather, so I haven't been involved in local education for a long time, but I know that it is never good when a group of like minded people insist that kids should not learn things that they don't agree with.
I don’t know any mobs burning books. In fact, the last book I saw burned and destroyed was the Bible. Prior to parents being concerned about blow jobs and anal sex and masterbation being taught to kids, liberal school districts were taking Of Mice and Men, To Kill a Mockingbird, Huck Finn, etc. out of the curriculum for political reasons. So, I don’t have a lot of sympathy for people being annoyed by parents who are upset about sex being on the shelves for their 3rd graders.

Test oaths. Speak this oath or you will not be permitted to do business and will be cancelled. Same concept. Same evil. Same loss of liberty.
No. I believe science. I believe that a high percentage of kids who identify as transgender will identify as their biological sex if nature and puberty are permitted. I believe in the psychological reports that suggest transgenderism is a real socially generated thing in some kids. I believe the science that says puberty blockers can leave adults barren and that the impact of long term hormone treatment is unknown. And, that surgical mutilation of genitalia is permanent. And, that our brains are not developed until we are in our mid to late 20s. I believe that medicine is divided on the issue and that adults should not be deciding such things for kids. That adults should be able to make such decisions for themselves. I also believe there exists a pharmaceutical and medical industry that has exploded in this area that is not altruistic but is seeking to capitalize on this movement. So, I agree with the politicians that say “stop,” but not because they are saying it.
Ha, you believe in science so long as it supports your political and religious beliefs. All the contrary science is industry motivated and diabolical government activity designed to control human behavior, and not to mention the belief in biologically impossible virgin birth. Is this correct?

I will take you more seriously if you will just admit that you want everyone to live and act according to your beliefs and to stop trying to act otherwise.

All of what I said goes for the religious right as well. The difference is their group lacks the giant megaphone that is social media, msm, and corporate America.
This is such absurd BS it’s hard to believe you even typed it. Religion, chiefly Christianity, has held so many megaphones they ran out of hands and had to shove a few where the sun don’t shine. It controlled every aspect of life, from what food you ate to who you slept with, and was interwoven into every major government. Our Constitution had to specify that we keep religion out of government in the very first amendment it was so prevalent.

This is such absurd BS it’s hard to believe you even typed it. Religion, chiefly Christianity, has held so many megaphones they ran out of hands and had to shove a few where the sun don’t shine. It controlled every aspect of life, from what food you ate to who you slept with, and was interwoven into every major government. Our Constitution had to specify that we keep religion out of government in the very first amendment it was so prevalent.

Are you talking about the puritan days? but Definitely not talking about the last 25 years.

Perfect example is the performance prior to a recent mlb game. Two scant clad trans people humped while performing a mock crucifixion. People complained. Who did corporate America and msm side with? Overwhelmingly with the performers. Anyone who complained was called transphobic, etc and heavily criticized. Mlb even made it a point to bring them back for future performances.

Another instance was a prosecutor threatening to charge with a hate crime someone for burning a gay pride flag. Burning an American flag was long ago constitutional and is now widely accepted.

Go to work tomorrow and call a white Christian a WASP. He'll call them a homophobic wasp. Then in the next hour call a trans person by the wrong pronoun. Which is more likely to result in discipline from HR?

Personally I don't care. I can turn the channel, look away, etc. The point is the discrepancy in the voices. Religious zealots suck just as bad. They just don't have the giant megaphones in the hands of the far left. Get out of your echo chamber, stop playing team politics, and get into reality.

Are you talking about the puritan days? but Definitely not talking about the last 25 years.

Perfect example is the performance prior to a recent mlb game. Two scant clad trans people humped while performing a mock crucifixion. People complained. Who did corporate America and msm side with? Overwhelmingly with the performers. Anyone who complained was called transphobic, etc and heavily criticized. Mlb even made it a point to bring them back for future performances.

Another instance was a prosecutor threatening to charge with a hate crime someone for burning a gay pride flag. Burning an American flag was long ago constitutional and is now widely accepted.

Go to work tomorrow and call a white Christian a WASP. He'll call them a homophobic wasp. Then in the next hour call a trans person by the wrong pronoun. Which is more likely to result in discipline from HR?

Personally I don't care. I can turn the channel, look away, etc. The point is the discrepancy in the voices. Religious zealots suck just as bad. They just don't have the giant megaphones in the hands of the far left. Get out of your echo chamber, stop playing team politics, and get into reality.
Whining about being called a WASP and I’m the one not living in reality? The reality is that you’re old and you’ve grown up in a society where Christians were favored and coddled and have been since Constantine. Now you’re getting a small taste of what it’s like to be in the minority in America and you’re melting like the snowflake you accuse others of being. Sorry, Christianity gets no special pass to be immune from criticism. You’re already tax exempt.

Ha, your glass is half empty. Have you listened to am radio lately? Fox news and all the wannabes?
The supreme court has 6 god almighty wacknuts on it. How much more leverage do you want?

“If a human identifies as anything other than a man/woman please seek services at a local pet groomer. You are not welcome at this salon.”

"This is a free country and I am not a slave to any narrative. Conservatives need to acclimate these woke individuals to their new reality. Conservatives have HAD ENOUGH of their ideologies being projected onto us."

Here we go.

“If a human identifies as anything other than a man/woman please seek services at a local pet groomer. You are not welcome at this salon.”

"This is a free country and I am not a slave to any narrative. Conservatives need to acclimate these woke individuals to their new reality. Conservatives have HAD ENOUGH of their ideologies being projected onto us."

Here we go.
I've read a bit about this and it appears that all of the owner's statements have been removed from the internet advertising and social media. My bet is she read the headlines, similar to this thread, and never read the SCOTUS opinion, then overplayed her hand.

Here we go.
As we said, other businesses will use the SCOTUS ruling to justify their discrimination. Courts may rule against her if it goes that far (I have no faith in SCOTUS to do so if it makes it that far) but those of us who said it would happen were right. Now we wait for those who defended the decision to somehow claim hair cutting is a form of speech.

I've read a bit about this and it appears that all of the owner's statements have been removed from the internet advertising and social media. My bet is she read the headlines, similar to this thread, and never read the SCOTUS opinion, then overplayed her hand.
I did not read the article. Don’t really care about what someone is doing in a town in Michigan. But, the quote was if you identify as something other than a man/woman, is there a protected class for people who identify otherwise?

As we said, other businesses will use the SCOTUS ruling to justify their discrimination. Courts may rule against her if it goes that far (I have no faith in SCOTUS to do so if it makes it that far) but those of us who said it would happen were right. Now we wait for those who defended the decision to somehow claim hair cutting is a form of speech.

The SCOTUS decision in no way supports her actions.

The free market appears to have corrected things.

You cannot discriminate against mentally disabled people, that’s been clear over the years.

For someone who whines so much about focusing on issues that impact a very few number of people, seems like you would ignore random Facebook posts from random salon owners who misunderstood 303 Creative (but I guess you also still can’t understand the holding so maybe that’s the issue).

Reactions: cole854
The SCOTUS decision in no way supports her actions.

The free market appears to have corrected things.

You cannot discriminate against mentally disabled people, that’s been clear over the years.

For someone who whines so much about focusing on issues that impact a very few number of people, seems like you would ignore random Facebook posts from random salon owners who misunderstood 303 Creative (but I guess you also still can’t understand the holding so maybe that’s the issue).
Whether or no it supports her actions or not is going to be determined. There is a world where someone will argue hair cutting is a version of speech. This ruling is paving the way for all sorts of cases like this and I have no faith in SCOTUS to stop it. If they don’t, people like you will applaud their decision and defend it earnestly.

It’s a good thing you can discriminate against mentally ill people. If you could, you would have problems finding places to shop.

It’s funny you say whining about issues that impact very few people when you spend so much time whining about transgender individuals competing against women. That is much more infrequent than the LGBTQ community being discriminated against. Hypocrite much?

I did not read the article. Don’t really care about what someone is doing in a town in Michigan. But, the quote was if you identify as something other than a man/woman, is there a protected class for people who identify otherwise?
The SCOTUS got the case correctly decided. The whataboutisms are irrelevant chatter.
I am the lord almighty god and i approve this message.

It’s funny you say whining about issues that impact very few people when you spend so much time whining about transgender individuals competing against women. That is much more infrequent than the LGBTQ community being discriminated against.

Prove it.

Prove it.
Read any of the threads here to see his whining (yours too for that matter). Look at the very infrequent times a transgender has competed against women. It is very rare. The number of times LGBTQ community deals with discrimination and physical violence is much more frequent.

Reactions: TheJuddDome
Was there some expectation, regardless of how that case fell, that all discrimination would forever disappear?

The bizarre binary argument that attempts to demand all risk of anything reduced to zero dominated half the population the last few years. It's unrealistic, counterproductive, and ridiculous.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
The number of times LGBTQ community deals with discrimination and physical violence is much more frequent.

I know and work with men and women who don't know what gender they are....I have never witnessed the first act of discrimination. Have you?

I know and work with men and women who don't know what gender they are....I have never witnessed the first act of discrimination. Have you?
Yes I have multiple times. That doesn’t even include those who are in the news being discriminated against, beaten, or even killed because they are LGBTQ.

You should ask them about their experience.

Oh yeah, Matthew 19:9 for you

Spoken like someone who refuses to accept the reality of the situation or simply doesn’t care like Caveman admitted in an earlier post.
Keep your word and direct your insanity elsewhere.

My ugliness is a result of yours. You sir are an asshole. Completely and totally. You prove it over and over. I will no longer interact with you. If I had my way, you would be off this board. You treat everyone with contempt unless they agree with you and then try to claim you occupy the high ground. You are beyond sad and you know it. You act like you do to feel better about yourself. If you looked up narcissist in the dictionary, they could put your posts as examples of that behavior. If I’m sad, you’re pathetic.

Keep your word and direct your insanity elsewhere.
I have kept my word. I will interact with you this one time since you don’t know the definition of interact. This is my only interaction with you since I made that post. my previous post wasn’t an interaction with you. It was with Cole.

Reactions: TheJuddDome
TCurtis will present fake facts and then demean you for revealing his mistakes. He will repeat those fake facts until the whole world sees he got it grossly wrong and then he will act like your are the asshole for showing his mistakes and responding with the same kind of dismissiveness he offers everyone with whom he disagrees. He will stalk you, see above, and then call you the stalker. There is no bigger hypocrite on this board than he.

Reactions: cole854
If only I thought I was as important as others on this board think of themselves. They do exactly what they accuse others of doing. Being that arrogant is certainly one way to go through life while claiming to have the moral high ground because they are “Christian”. They wouldn’t know what Christian behavior actually is while acting like Jesus Christ himself. Hypocrisy doesn’t even begin to describe their behavior.

Whether or no it supports her actions or not is going to be determined. There is a world where someone will argue hair cutting is a version of speech. This ruling is paving the way for all sorts of cases like this and I have no faith in SCOTUS to stop it. If they don’t, people like you will applaud their decision and defend it earnestly.

It’s a good thing you can discriminate against mentally ill people. If you could, you would have problems finding places to shop.

It’s funny you say whining about issues that impact very few people when you spend so much time whining about transgender individuals competing against women. That is much more infrequent than the LGBTQ community being discriminated against. Hypocrite much?

Your persistence coupled with an inability to comprehend the written word or formulate a coherent argument truly is impressive.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Your persistence coupled with an inability to comprehend the written word or formulate a coherent argument truly is impressive.
You are the one who needs to work on reading comprehension. I feel bad you have to go through life so totally ignorant and stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT