ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTUS Rules You Can Refuse Service to Same-Sex Couples

Thank you Colonel Obvious. My point about the dissent is that it if you will read it, shows you why the majority opinion is logically screwed and unjustified from a legal perspective and shows why and how the religious nutcases are running the court. Of course a majority opinion could hold that horses are now dogs and it is binding law. But in reality we all know that horses are not dogs.

It read like a vox article which is probably why it made you all tingly.

The correct logic and rationale prevailed. There was no discrimination against the person so there was no right to force upon another any particular belief.

Using logic and rationale that is the only correct outcome. They got it right. The only suspenseful part was whether or not they would be willing to weather the storm that resulted.

It read like a vox article which is probably why it made you all tingly.

The correct logic and rationale prevailed. There was no discrimination against the person so there was no right to force upon another any particular belief.

Using logic and rationale that is the only correct outcome. They got it right. The only suspenseful part was whether or not they would be willing to weather the storm that resulted.
Brutal. You smell of a Breitbart fart.

TheJuddDome - some many words and yet, no discernible intent. Quite literally, not a meaningful thought or argument. A chimpanzee, randomly choosing words out of a dictionary.

It's like he's a homeless person that stumbled into the room. Word just falling aimlessly out of that slacked jaw.

It's actually quite stunning; even by THIS board's standards.

(With any luck, he's not aware of how to vote.)

Last edited:
I can show you scientific studies that prove that masks help to prevent the spread of the virus done in laboratories and in real world environments.

I hold the view that the CDC is about as unbiased an institution as you could get on something like this.

I’ve also enjoyed the self-professed victory lap on the pandemic matters.

^That wasn't 2020. That was Aug 2022.

Judd is an absolute treasure.

The Judd/Mav back and forth is pretty funny. Other posts are sad.

After about the first 25-30 comments on a thread anymore it is reduced to 3-4 people arguing about "strawmen", "new sign in IDs", "low post numbers", "moving the goalposts", or just name calling. It really has gotten damn near unreadable.

If anyone cares, I'm going to make a decision here and hopefully end this thread. I'm liberal like TCurtis, but he misread, or didn't read the Supreme Court's decision. It doesn't allow blanket discrimination against same sex couples. It only prevents someone from having to advocate on their behalf. However, those that are saying that business owners should be allowed to serve whoever they want without any government intervention are wrong too. DECISION: The Supreme Court got this one correct, but, has opened the door for further decisions that can be discriminatory. I hope they restrain from taking the next step.

After about the first 25-30 comments on a thread anymore it is reduced to 3-4 people arguing about "strawmen", "new sign in IDs", "low post numbers", "moving the goalposts", or just name calling. It really has gotten damn near unreadable.

If anyone cares, I'm going to make a decision here and hopefully end this thread. I'm liberal like TCurtis, but he misread, or didn't read the Supreme Court's decision. It doesn't allow blanket discrimination against same sex couples. It only prevents someone from having to advocate on their behalf. However, those that are saying that business owners should be allowed to serve whoever they want without any government intervention are wrong too. DECISION: The Supreme Court got this one correct, but, has opened the door for further decisions that can be discriminatory. I hope they restrain from taking the next step.

Hmm, we finally agree.

You are the only one repeatedly making as ass out of yourself. Go take sleeping pills on some train tracks. You absolutely are the worst excuse for a human being I’ve ever come across. I have never met anyone who thinks he is God like you do. They really should nail your ass to a cross.
In other words, you cannot back up your repeated claim, so you must pretend others are to blame so you can justify your repeated ugliness. You are sad.

In other words, you cannot back up your repeated claim, so you must pretend others are to blame so you can justify your repeated ugliness. You are sad.
My ugliness is a result of yours. You sir are an asshole. Completely and totally. You prove it over and over. I will no longer interact with you. If I had my way, you would be off this board. You treat everyone with contempt unless they agree with you and then try to claim you occupy the high ground. You are beyond sad and you know it. You act like you do to feel better about yourself. If you looked up narcissist in the dictionary, they could put your posts as examples of that behavior. If I’m sad, you’re pathetic.

I disagree that they got this decision right. I do agree that they got the cake decision right up to when he refused to make a pink cake with blue icing. I also agree this decision opened the door for more discrimination.

Reactions: TheJuddDome

Good post and mostly agree with two exceptions: I don't think anyone argued business owners should be able to discriminate. Secondly this decision does not open the door for discrimination against the person and iirc there was some specific language to hammer home that fact.

All that said, society as a whole must move beyond encouraging a person to reduce their value to a set of identity defining characteristics. A human is more than just the color of their skin, who they sleep with, who they pray to, etc. Focusing on identity divided everyone. Focusing on the humanity unites.

Good post and mostly agree with two exceptions: I don't think anyone argued business owners should be able to discriminate. Secondly this decision does not open the door for discrimination against the person and iirc there was some specific language to hammer home that fact.

All that said, society as a whole must move beyond encouraging a person to reduce their value to a set of identity defining characteristics. A human is more than just the color of their skin, who they sleep with, who they pray to, etc. Focusing on identity divided everyone. Focusing on the humanity unites.
You mean if some people would stop discriminating against others because they are different than them or have different beliefs. That would be great.

Focusing on identity divided everyone. Focusing on the humanity unites.
How does that work? The liberals love “identity” yet they also love the World Economic Forum who announced by 2030 to do away with the fashion sense of individual identity.

A lot of blue, red, pink hairs will be angry in the short term, but they will fall in place once WEF tells them to shut up and obey.

How does that work? The liberals love “identity” yet they also love the World Economic Forum who announced by 2030 to do away with the fashion sense of individual identity.

A lot of blue, red, pink hairs will be angry in the short term, but they will fall in place once WEF tell dad s them to shut up and obey.
Say one good thing about a “liberal”. Come on I know you can do it.

You mean if some people would stop discriminating against others because they are different than them or have different beliefs. That would be great.

Tolerance and acceptance is a two way street. It's much easier when you focus on the things you have in common, which is way more than what we don't.

A lot of blue, red, pink hairs will be angry in the short term, but they will fall in place once WEF tells them to shut up and obey.

Alot of it is driven by what people consume. Social media and msm constantly hammer and reinforce division by encouraging people to "identify" as one thing or another, usually in their preferred groups. Check the right boxes and those two mediums will lavish upon you positive reinforcement. If you don't, then you will be ignored if not have your account blocked altogether. Then it spreads to the workplace and marketplace.

The first step is recognizing the source. I did that above. The second step is recognizing when it's happening. The third step is realizing those entities don't care about you. You're just the currency they're dealing in whether it be clicks, politics, or the like. The fourth step is resisting the marketing. Fifth step is focusing on the common denominators of humanity.

I am not defined by my race, gender, sexual identity, etc. Neither is anyone else. We have way more in common than we don't. Cast aside anyone/anything trying to pigeonhole you in an identity box. Return to a courteous society

The message from the left: free speech sucks, unless we approve it.
In Florida they are banning speech that the Gov doesn’t approve of. How is that different? Free speech absolutists where “Liberal ideology goes to die”…hmmm…

Our left and right are both fascists trying to take rights and dictate morality.

Why? Because we don’t vote for calm, rational legislators, we vote for idiots with loud and obnoxious green new deals and Jewish space lasers.

You get what you pay for…like politicians on $140k salaries easing “$20m dollars” for their PAC!!!! Why do they need that money? Oh because they like money. It’s all ridiculous…

My son is a serviceman making less than $40k per year. If he took money (gifts above $25…not $25000…$25.00!!!) he would be reprimanded and potentially court martialed, but for some reason we allow our legislators to codify bribery into our election “campaign” funds and they flaunt it.

Everyone is OK with the fascist that agrees with them….for now…

Wish we could go from Red and Blue, to Red White and Blue…but too many people don’t want that…

Reactions: BBBLazing
Eventually they die.

That's it.
That’s beautiful man. Like shooting fish in a barrel
Tolerance and acceptance is a two way street. It's much easier when you focus on the things you have in common, which is way more than what we don't.

Alot of it is driven by what people consume. Social media and msm constantly hammer and reinforce division by encouraging people to "identify" as one thing or another, usually in their preferred groups. Check the right boxes and those two mediums will lavish upon you positive reinforcement. If you don't, then you will be ignored if not have your account blocked altogether. Then it spreads to the workplace and marketplace.

The first step is recognizing the source. I did that above. The second step is recognizing when it's happening. The third step is realizing those entities don't care about you. You're just the currency they're dealing in whether it be clicks, politics, or the like. The fourth step is resisting the marketing. Fifth step is focusing on the common denominators of humanity.

I am not defined by my race, gender, sexual identity, etc. Neither is anyone else. We have way more in common than we don't. Cast aside anyone/anything trying to pigeonhole you in an identity box. Return to a courteous society
when exactly was society “curteous” to african americans or the gay community?

Say one good thing about a “liberal”. Come on I know you can do it.
That’s interesting that you use quotes. The term liberal and the modern connotation are way off. True liberalism no longer exists in the Democratic Party.

On the other hand, conservatism is dead in the GOP too. Huge difficult spending, give aways to giant corporations who now have more power than the government and a complete abandonment of every conservative principle outside of social culture wars is gone.

I even tried libertarianism (small government, low debt and minimal social restrictions) but wow…some of those dudes are crazier than the dims or the cons….not much libertarianism in the libertarian crowd either….

Wow that sound pretty crazy and unconstitutional. Can you give some examples of speech the governor of Florida has banned?
Yes. A number of his speech limiting initiatives have already found to be unconstitutional violations of the first amendment. You can look it up.

The Disney thing (while I disagreed with Disney and frankly think corporations SHOULD NOT BE POLITICAL—thanks Citizens United) is another example. Republicans fight to give Corporations free speech protections…then when the corporation says something they don’t like, they try to ban and destroy them. (And yes, I know, the independent district never should have happened….even though there are 1400 others in Florida DeSantis doesn’t seem to have a problem with…). So the position is that they want to protect only favored free speech. Let me ask. I’d Disney had agreed with RD, would they have taken the actions they did? Not too hard to see.

The problem with facsists is they come to power by being populists…then turn.

Ask Biden. Didn’t he run on a “unification” platform? People were excited we would have a president for “All Americans”.

Wolves always come in sheep’s clothing…it helps attract sheep…

Makes list of what is “not acceptable” to be defined by . . . conveniently leaves religion off of the list. Bias duly noted.

Reactions: Dionysus444
There's certainly nothing liberal about compelled speech.

It doesn't matter what your justifications are, right or left; it's unacceptable, America can;t go that way.
I’m sure if you were homosexual you’d view this in a different light. The law was not compelling someone’s speech, it was preventing the denial of commercial services offered to the public to a person on the grounds of their protected class identity.

Makes list of what is “not acceptable” to be defined by . . . conveniently leaves religion off of the list. Bias duly noted.

All of what I said goes for the religious right as well. The difference is their group lacks the giant megaphone that is social media, msm, and corporate America.

In fact, for decades and decades, it was common courtesy to refrain from talk if politics or religion because everyone knew it was divisive. The last 10 years or so, politics isn't just discussed openly, it's all most people think or talk about.

If someone is trying to drive us apart, it's because they have something to gain. Go back to keeping politics and religion out of conversation and we'll all be much better off

In Florida they are banning speech that the Gov doesn’t approve of. How is that different? Free speech absolutists where “Liberal ideology goes to die”…hmmm…

Are you talking about keeping the classroom focused on teaching reading, writing and arithmetic, and keeping sexual content away from children? If so, then I believe it is greatly different. Government workers’ rights do not override parental rights. Just because your job gives you access to someone else’s child it does not mean you get to influence that child toward homogeneity.

Continuous strawman attempts show a refusal to discuss the issues.
🤦‍. Jesus man, talk about your strawman. (These specific replies of mine that you quote here were addressing comments that were made by other posters thank you. Stay in your lane.)

Yes. A number of his speech limiting initiatives have already found to be unconstitutional violations of the first amendment. You can look it up.

The Disney thing (while I disagreed with Disney and frankly think corporations SHOULD NOT BE POLITICAL—thanks Citizens United) is another example. Republicans fight to give Corporations free speech protections…then when the corporation says something they don’t like, they try to ban and destroy them. (And yes, I know, the independent district never should have happened….even though there are 1400 others in Florida DeSantis doesn’t seem to have a problem with…). So the position is that they want to protect only favored free speech. Let me ask. I’d Disney had agreed with RD, would they have taken the actions they did? Not too hard to see.

The problem with facsists is they come to power by being populists…then turn.

Ask Biden. Didn’t he run on a “unification” platform? People were excited we would have a president for “All Americans”.

Wolves always come in sheep’s clothing…it helps attract sheep…

To clarify, you’re saying Biden is a fascist and had people fooled into thinking he was a unifier?

Making an allegation that Desantis banned speech, then refusing to provide support when asked, makes one think you’re full of shit.

If you lived through Covid, and the past few years of severe weaponization of federal law enforcement against political opponents, while protecting political friends, and you’re focused on Ron Desantis being a fascist, you are just a left wing hack and there’s no hope for an honest debate.

To clarify, you’re saying Biden is a fascist and had people fooled into thinking he was a unifier?

Making an allegation that Desantis banned speech, then refusing to provide support when asked, makes one think you’re full of shit.

If you lived through Covid, and the past few years of severe weaponization of federal law enforcement against political opponents, while protecting political friends, and you’re focused on Ron Desantis being a fascist, you are just a left wing hack and there’s no hope for an honest debate.
You are about as far from honest debate as the so called “stolen” election.

Wrong. And, it’s the law.
And so was Plessy at one point. Congratulations.
Did you go to the witch burning?

The good news is that historically society in general moves in a more progressive fashion. Maybe not as quickly as I would like, but the farther we in time we get beyond the simplistic minded neanderthal thinking like yours, the less the hateful judgmental religious based concepts and its antiquated components will have influence on society. You my friend are on the wrong side of history. At some point in the future, no one will think twice about building a website for a same-sex wedding and all your and your bigoted backwards minded efforts will have been in vain. So go ahead and revel in this successful battles, just understand by most likely by the next generation you will have lost the war.

Last edited:
Reactions: Father Torque
And so was Plessy at one point. Congratulations.
Did you go to the witch burning?

You offer petty redundancies.

The good news is that historically society in general moves in a more progressive fashion. Maybe not as quickly as I would like, but the farther we in time we get beyond the simplistic minded neanderthal thinking like yours, the less the hateful judgmental religious based concepts and its antiquated components will have influence on society. You my friend are on the wrong side of history. At some point in the future, no one will think twice about building a website for a same-sex wedding and all your and your bigoted backwards minded efforts will have been in vain. So go ahead and revel in this successful battles, just understand by most likely by the next generation you will have lost the war.

Thankfully, we progressed past the test oaths you wish to return.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT