ADVERTISEMENT

Request for Prayers and Support

BlueWorldOrder

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2004
I'm reaching out to you today with a heavy heart and a plea for support. Normally, I'm a private person, but recent circumstances have pushed me to seek peace in the community I hold dear.

I'm currently facing immense challenges as I care for my uncle, who is battling dementia. The weight of this responsibility, alongside his declining health, has become overwhelming for both myself and his wife, who is also his primary caregiver. We've sought assistance from the VA hospital, and it appears that hospice care may soon become necessary.

While my uncle is not on his deathbed, the gradual deterioration of his health is taking its toll on all of us. I find myself struggling to maintain my mental well-being amidst the demands of caregiving. Living with them, I do what I can to ease the burden by handling daily tasks like cooking and cleaning, etc but the emotional strain is immense.

What adds to the difficulty is the absence of support from his own son, who fails to step up in the way one would expect. It's disheartening to witness, especially when I, as his nephew through marriage, find myself taking on more responsibilities than his own flesh and blood.

Amidst this turmoil, I find comfort in the simple joys, like watching our beloved Cats play. It was a temporary escape from the stress, as was streaming games for all of you and providing downloads afterward. Your unwavering support over the years has meant the world to me, and for that, I am truly grateful.

However, I now find myself in need of your prayers. I ask for strength and peace of mind to navigate through these trying times. Your thoughts and well-wishes would mean more to me than words can express.

Thank you for standing by me, for your support, and for being a source of comfort during this challenging journey. Your kindness is a beacon of hope in the darkness.

With heartfelt gratitude,
(BWO)

I'm reaching out to you today with a heavy heart and a plea for support. Normally, I'm a private person, but recent circumstances have pushed me to seek peace in the community I hold dear.

I'm currently facing immense challenges as I care for my uncle, who is battling dementia. The weight of this responsibility, alongside his declining health, has become overwhelming for both myself and his wife, who is also his primary caregiver. We've sought assistance from the VA hospital, and it appears that hospice care may soon become necessary.

While my uncle is not on his deathbed, the gradual deterioration of his health is taking its toll on all of us. I find myself struggling to maintain my mental well-being amidst the demands of caregiving. Living with them, I do what I can to ease the burden by handling daily tasks like cooking and cleaning, etc but the emotional strain is immense.

What adds to the difficulty is the absence of support from his own son, who fails to step up in the way one would expect. It's disheartening to witness, especially when I, as his nephew through marriage, find myself taking on more responsibilities than his own flesh and blood.

Amidst this turmoil, I find comfort in the simple joys, like watching our beloved Cats play. It was a temporary escape from the stress, as was streaming games for all of you and providing downloads afterward. Your unwavering support over the years has meant the world to me, and for that, I am truly grateful.

However, I now find myself in need of your prayers. I ask for strength and peace of mind to navigate through these trying times. Your thoughts and well-wishes would mean more to me than words can express.

Thank you for standing by me, for your support, and for being a source of comfort during this challenging journey. Your kindness is a beacon of hope in the darkness.

(BWO)
Prayers to you and your family, BWO - hoping for the best

My dad took care of his mom (my grandmother) for a few years while she had dementia. He ruined his health and in turn had to be cared for by my brother until going into a nursing home. All that really just to say that I have seen the toll and burden that it takes.

I hope you get a break and are able to get some rest. No shame in having the pros come in to do their thing. You have to take care of yourself to be any good to your uncle. Prayers.

(BWO)
You and your wife are in my prayers.

Romans 8:28

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.

(BWO)
Thanks for all you've done for us. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

Having been a caregiver before, please make sure you take every chance possible to rest and recover. Go hiking, fishing, or golfing, paint a picture, go on a weekend getaway, and/or whatever else piques your interest. You can swap shifts with his wife regarding rest and recovery days. Just some friendly advice from someone who's been in your shoes.

Be well, Friend.

Thanks for all you've done for us. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

Having been a caregiver before, please make sure you take every chance possible to rest and recover. Go hiking, fishing, or golfing, paint a picture, go on a weekend getaway, and/or whatever else piques your interest. You can swap shifts with his wife regarding rest and recovery days. Just some friendly advice from someone who's been in your shoes.

Be well, Friend.
Prayers to you and your family.

Have you looked into respite care through the VA? Would allow you and his wife to get a short break now and then.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWorldOrder
My prayers to all of you. Have you thought about hospice care?
Yes, we are looking into that. We are going to speak with his head nurse. His wife and I need extra help we can't do it by ourselves. With his wife around age 70 and he is 78. She's not physically strong enough to do the things. And she is not very patient so I'm the middle man here to keep things on a narrow path. I've been through a lot sickness myself so I know how patient you have to be in cases like this. I do have to watch myself and so does she not let the stress get to us physically and mentally. If we break down we arent doing him any favors.

Last edited:
Prayers for you BWO , I have been in your shoes and had to help take of my Mom for 10 years after Dad passed. Have a brother when asked to help said"it to much of a hardship ". It does take mental toll on you. Prayers sent in Jesus name. VA is not treating vet like they should.

Yes, we are looking into that. We are going to speak with his head nurse. His wife and I need extra help we can't do it by ourselves. With his wife around age 70 and he is 78. She's not physically strong enough to do the things. And she is not very patient so I'm the middle man here to keep things on a narrow path. I've been through a lot sickness myself so I know how patient you have to be in cases like this. I do have to watch myself and so does she not let the stress get to us physically and mentally. If we break down we are doing him no favors.
Hospice is a great help, I highly recommend you get it . Will be a lot of help to you and your family.

• Love
Stay strong BWO. Caring for aging family is one of the most selfless and stressful situations. I hope you and uncles wife get all of the support you need.

Remember to take care of yourselves in the process
Thanks a bunch Wardlow. Yeah it is. It is a tough road. The VA has helped tremendously otherwise where we would have had to pay out of pocket for his needs. It is very tough on me personally and her as well. We are trying to take care of ourselves because all we have is ourselves.

Reactions: wardlow
Prayers to you and your family.

Have you looked into respite care through the VA? Would allow you and his wife to get a short break now and then.
Yeah we spoke of that with the VA. Early last year ,what was amazing about it. When he first was diagnosed. He was doing the little things like yard work cutting the grass with a riding lawn mower. We thought wow maybe he's going to pull through this. Over the past two or 3 months ago he took a dramatic downhill with his health. He's getting where he's not wanting to eat or drink much. So we figure it's probably just a matter of time. He gets very agitated and sometimes he goes on a 36-hour day where he doesn't sleep. One thing with him we've had to padlock all of our doors so it doesn't get out and wander

Prayers for you BWO , I have been in your shoes and had to help take of my Mom for 10 years after Dad passed. Have a brother when asked to help said"it to much of a hardship ". It does take mental toll on you. Prayers sent in Jesus name. VA is not treating vet like they should.
Thank you Western cat I'm sorry you went through the same thing. I think you misunderstood me the VA has been awesome and wonderful with my uncle. We just have some family members who are choosing to ignore the situation. When they could be a bigger help. Like give us a break. We don't really go anywhere but we need to run and do little things.

Reactions: westerncat
Prayers for you and your entire family. Kudos to you for stepping up and helping. It’s really sad hearing the situation with his own son, but all too common.

Reactions: Girthang

(BWO)
My mom succumbed to Alzheimer's in 2015 after a 3 year battle. I was her caregiver until her last yearwhen she got so bad that she needed 24/7 care. It can be a tough and frustrating job. Best of luck to you and your uncle. ❤️

• Love
Hey man, doing the exact same for my parents, don't think this thing will let me send a private message?

Anyway, a buddy over in the government kept pushing this on me, I haven't looked into it yet really, but he kept telling me to. You may find something you need here.

Hey buddy sorry you're going to the exact same thing I know it's not easy on you either. Thanks for the link. The VA provided us with a bunch of great programs. Right now we are looking at hospice but it's the type that will come in and do some other things like some light dusting, cooking, giving him a bath, and basically keep an eye on your loved one. We are waiting on talking with his head nurse on the next step

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT