ADVERTISEMENT

I call for an immediate banding together of BBN in support of this team and Calipari

I'm thrilled with the win today. Always support the kids. Won't say anything bad about Cal today. We have a number of fans who want to overlook 7 consecutive years of mediocrity with the occasional gem of a game here and there and say "Told you so!!!!" Well Good Lord, we're Kentucky! That's not a "told you so", that's his freaking job to win most of those games when you have 10x the resources and support of 98% of the other D-1 programs out there.

Finish the season strong, win the SEC tourney, win the games you're favored in in the NCAA and maybe even win one as an underdog and Cal is good with me. If we get knocked out in the semis of the SEC tourney or earlier and lose to another underdog in the NCAA, I want him gone.

Last edited:
It is good mojo. His fate is in this tournament. This team has immense talent. Let the power of BBN band together to allow the basketball God's to place this team where it belongs as a National Champion.

I plead with all of BBN to embrace this ask.

Support the coach and the team. Draw your conclusions at end of year.

This is the moment of healing for BBN.
Hard no.

Reactions: struggler
It is good mojo. His fate is in this tournament. This team has immense talent. Let the power of BBN band together to allow the basketball God's to place this team where it belongs as a National Champion.

I hope he wins 9 as he walks out the door, that would be the perfect end to the season and Cal’s tenure for me

I'm thrilled with the win today. Always support the kids. Won't say anything bad about Cal today. We have a number of fans who want to overlook 7 consecutive years of mediocrity with the occasional gem of a game here and there and say "Told you so!!!!"

Finish the season strong, win the SEC tourney, win the games you're favored in in the NCAA and maybe even win one as an underdog and Cal is good with me. If we get knocked out in the semis of the SEC tourney or earlier and lose to another underdog in the NCAA, I want him gone.

Who said told you so?

I've posted a lot of negative sh*t about Cal, especially over the past month or so.

I think he is done after this year. Doesn't seem happy. Or we lose early and someone figures out a negotiated buyout.

My OP is sort of in jest...I'm talking about mojo and rallying behind him for one final push....basketball Gods.

I do think it is funny how serious some are on this topic.

"I say, I say, I'll support the team and the University, but not the coach." - Lol, ok if he won a title those people would be kissing his ass....unless of course it has to do with kneeling.

Is what it is at this point. Fan base is divided. I'm on the side he needs to go regardless...partially because of what I just mentioned, fan base is divided.

Who said told you so?

I've posted a lot of negative sh*t about Cal, especially over the past month or so.

I think he is done after this year. Doesn't seem happy. Or we lose early and someone figures out a negotiated buyout.

My OP is sort of in jest...I'm talking about mojo and rallying behind him for one final push....basketball Gods.

"I say, I say, I'll support the team and the University, but not the coach." - Lol, ok if he won a title those people would be kissing his ass....unless of course it has to do with kneeling.

Is what it is at this point. Fan base is divided. I'm on the side he needs to go regardless...partially because of what I just mentioned, fan base is divided.
Wasn't necessarily aimed at you OP, other than asking for support of Cal. Winning cures everything. I don't want to blast Cal after a really nice win today. He had his guys ready to play and there was criticism in this thread about the number of points we gave up which is ridiculous when we ran them out of the building and Bama is the top scoring team in the country and they still did not have the firepower to match us. But the best I can do for Cal, is on a game by game basis. He's used up all his credit with me.

Lose "one?"

We're 7-6 in our last 13 games.

Are you not concerned at all?
Not saying I'm not concerned. I'm not stupid, we still have issues. One great game doesn't change that, nor does one bad game change it in the other direction.
It was just interesting to see this board once again go from nearly unanimous optimisim after the Auburn game to a complete 360 after losing 1 single game, a road game (where even top 25 teams are <.500 vs non-top-25-teams in conference play), vs a decent NIT bound team, by a fluke tip-pass tip-shot at the buzzer that they would likely only make 1 out of 10 tries. Especially this year when every week about 2/3 of the top 25 lose 1 of their 2 games.

Reactions: mapcatfan
Who said told you so?

Never kissing Cal's ass again. He's shown what he is. I hope he gets to a final four or wins a title and then retires without delay right after the game.

Yeah, we won big, but Alabama played no defense so we will get our ass kicked the next time we play a defensive team....we have seen this movie way too many times before. It is hard to get excited about one game when you are tied for 5th place in the conference and are suppose to be "the Gold Standard" in college basketball.

Lose, Win, Lose, , Win, Win, Lose, Lose, Win, Lose, .... (And, it seems the team rank they are playing never dictates whether it will be a win or loss. Probability does not factor into anything...) I blame it on the coach for not having this team ready or focused consistently....

Does ANYONE see this team winning six games in a row with this coach? That is the BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front)

To do ANYTHING this season, this team needs to string some wins together. If they can't do it now..... All I can do is hope...

NOTE: Not wishing an injury on Cal but thinking what could get him side-lined just a little where coaching is concerned. I'd trust nearly ANY coach beside Cal to get this team to win six straight...

I call for everyone to come together to ban stupidity. It will help us all to come together if we can ban stupidity.

I love this team. They are so fun to watch when they're playing their game. I'm hopeful that these guys can put it all together when the tournament rolls around. The defense has gotten exponentially better which has me more hopeful than I was at the beginning of February. The Cats need a little luck of the draw and bringing their A game for 40 minutes... just need to do it 6 times.

I just wanna see us playing in the 2nd weekend again. This stretch has been super painful. Cats have the 3 point shooting to take on a cinderella role. LFG!!!

Build on this one and no more let downs.

That is the issue, the let downs.... No rhyme or reason for the losses that happen... Can Cal do or cause no more let downs? I cannot imagine where that could happen. Cal needs an intervention in the worst way for this team to have any chance to win six straight games.

Reactions: WalterTheHippo
I will support the team. The Coach will have to prove he wants to win for Kentucky and not just be happy to be a gateway for kids to stay a year or two before they get to the pros (which they would have been anyway). The only win that can erase an underachieving regular season is a Title win.
Until then, Coach will be an underachiever.
I will always support the kids. They picked Kentucky and I truly believe they would love to win, I am just not sure what interests are being held when the Coach is factored in to the equation. Quit playing favorites and start playing productive players and I will change my mind. Today is a start but just don't take one game and puff out your chest and say "THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE!!", next game could be another UNC Wilmington, St. Peters, or... take any amount of underachieving results.

GO CATS.. and YES GO COACH CAL (if that is what you want to hear). We ALL want our team to win if we are on a Kentucky message board FFS but in the end criticism is and should be allowed or we are just going to wear blinders and say "Aw shucks, everything is hunky dory",

So, what if UK wins the last 4 SEC games, then wins SEC championship. That would be 8 game win streak I think, does that change people's opinions?

I’ve never stopped supporting this team . Cals gotta earn my support back . I love this win. But he’s got a LONG way to win me back .

Again, it's a tiny fraction that ever quits. Unforntuate they are on all the social meda platforms. Look at Rupp. Full every game. Half of them don't even post online. Probably more than half.
Another huckleberry "knock yourself out huckleberry" 44 losses in 4 years no sec titles 1 ncaa win
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Supporting these young men is not an issue. This team plays beautiful basketball majority of the time. Try hard. Hustle. They have my support. They wear Kentucky across their chest.

None for Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT