ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Is there a God ??

Is there a God ??

• Yes

Votes: 189 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 23.5%

• Total voters
Can one Christian please understand this?! Without Adam and Eve eating the fruit, there would be no sin for us to commit.

Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned

Sin exists because of disobedience. I think it pompous to think that I would have not fallen as Eve and Adam fell.

Nevertheless, you own your sin.

Sin entered existence with that act of rebellion and mankind was placed outside of the Garden (God’s protection and presence). That said, hell is not for people because Adam and Eve sinned.

Your quote: “we should all be punished for a random woman eating some fruit.” Judgment comes upon our sin. You and I choose sin over God’s righteousness and wisdom. I don’t believe God will judge because some random woman disobeyed God. I think you will be judged for your disobedience and I for mine.

Knowing we could not live a life of pure obedience, God provided us a pathway to a relationship with Him by taking the punishment we deserve. That pathway leads to a relationship with Him, for those who want a relationship with Him.
I'm sensing a pattern amongst the Christians in this thread, does anyone else see it?

Adam and Eve is a STORY that helps explain how things got started for people 2000 years ago, I really don’t think it’s meant to be literal.
Well, you see, that's an issue. God's word isn't very clear. So much for an all-poweful deity.

The Bible is full of myths and legends. Which ones do we pick and choose as having happened?

I don’t mean he’s without sin, I’m saying a nice guy, polite, works, goes to bed, opens doors for people, doesn’t harm anyone etc, a good human.

And I guess you believe they have to be Christian in your way to get there as well eh?

I said what I meant.

There is nothing in scripture that supports the claim that a polite man is saved by his polite acts or perceived goodness.

Jesus will judge perfectly. So, I don’t have to opine as to whether Ghandi is in heaven. God won’t get it wrong.

What I know is that scripture says faith and trust in Jesus as savior saves us from the punishment we deserve and places us in a right relationship with God today so we may commune with the Holy Creator.

Sin exists because of disobedience. I think it pompous to think that I would have not fallen as Eve and Adam fell.

Nevertheless, you own your sin.
This isn't about your hypothetical, the Bible literally says that sin happened because Adam and Eve. Not just Adam and Eve though, it's because of God's refusal to forgive them for being deceived. When they DID NOT KNOW BETTER.

Can one Christian please understand this?! Without Adam and Eve eating the fruit, there would be no sin for us to commit.

Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned
I never said sin didn't enter the world through Adam and Eve. Never once did I say that. Not even close.

You make your own decisions in life. You have to own them.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
I never said sin didn't enter the world through Adam and Eve. Never once did I say that. Not even close.

You make your own decisions in life. You have to own them.
But that is the case for you because someone sinned before you first. Without that, you wouldn't be sinning. You, along with everyone else, would hypothetically still be in Eden.

But that is the case for you because someone sinned before you first. Without that, you wouldn't be sinning. You, along with everyone else, would hypothetically still be in Eden.
I still have the free will to make my own decisions. I can choose not to sin. Just as you can. Just as everyone else. It does not matter how sin entered the world, you and I could still choose not to sin, but we do anyways.

Reactions: roguemocha
Your words seem to indicate the opposite actually, you claim I'm misquoting scripture but you seem to be misunderstanding it. All of humanity assumed the debt of sin because Adam and Eve ate the fruit, that's according to your holy book. Why does it make sense to you for any of us to be punished when two people (who literally did not know any better) ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

It's not a shock to me that a large chunk of nonbelievers were once Christians who saw all of the holes in the story.

Where does it say in scripture they did not know any better?

I know atheists pretend that people have been duped into doing wrong before they knew right from wrong, but the knowledge of good and evil is not the same as the ability to obey a command. People, and we see it on this board all of the time, want to determine for themselves what is good and what is bad.

Adam and Eve were told to enjoy of all of the amenities of the garden and told to only avoid one, the one that would remove them from God. They desired to be god and disobeyed His command, rather than live with Him tending His creation.

It is foolishness to think that their disobedience is distinct from your own as a justification for why it is an injustice for you to be punished. You don’t realize all of your sin, but I know you can think of enough as your sit reading this post to stop pretending you will be blamed for the other’s rebellious acts.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
I still have the free will to make my own decisions. I can choose not to sin. Just as you can. Just as everyone else. It does not matter how sin entered the world, you and I could still choose not to sin, but we do anyways.
That sounds all good in nature but every Christian I've talked to says that we're born into sin so you can try to live as sinless as possible but that's still no good.

And it very much does matter how sin entered the world, if that event never happened then there'd be Eden on Earth. I'm tired of having to teach Christians about their own religion.

• Haha
I honestly don’t think most Christians believe Adam and Eve is the beginning of people or a real story, again its a story.

Also, why do you care if you don’t believe? I couldn’t care less that you don’t..,

This isn't about your hypothetical, the Bible literally says that sin happened because Adam and Eve. Not just Adam and Eve though, it's because of God's refusal to forgive them for being deceived. When they DID NOT KNOW BETTER.

The pattern in this thread and most threads with you is you make a comment and run from it down a rabbit hole. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Where does it say in scripture they did not know any better?

I know atheists pretend that people have been duped into doing wrong before they knew right from wrong, but the knowledge of good and evil is not the same as the ability to obey a command. People, and we see it on this board all of the time, want to determine for themselves what is good and what is bad.

Adam and Eve were told to enjoy of all of the amenities of the garden and told to only avoid one, the one that would remove them from God. They desired to be god and disobeyed His command, rather than live with Him tending His creation.

It is foolishness to think that their disobedience is distinct from your own as a justification for why it is an injustice for you to be punished. You don’t realize all of your sin, but I know you can think of enough as your sit reading this post to stop pretending you will be blamed for the other’s rebellious acts.
Genesis 2

They ate from the tree of KNOWLEDGE of good and evil. Before eating from it, they literally did not know good from evil. The equivalent to a toddler being told by their parent not to touch the stove and they do it anyway.

That sounds all good in nature but every Christian I've talked to says that we're born into sin so you can try to live as sinless as possible but that's still no good.

And it very much does matter how sin entered the world, if that event never happened then there'd be Eden on Earth. I'm tired of having to teach Christians about their own religion.
First, I don't follow any religion. I follow Jesus Christ. Not even remotely the same.

Second, yep, it would be great if we lived in a perfect world. Totally agree with you. But that is not what happened. I prefer to take accountability for the sin in my life, and not blame others.

Third, alcoholism runs in so many families. If I become an alcoholic, can I blame my alcoholic parents, or all my alcoholic siblings, or was it my choice to start polishing off a bottle of bourbon every night?

Reactions: roguemocha
The pattern in this thread and most threads with you is you make a comment and run from it down a rabbit hole. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Your patterns include constantly confirming your bias even after being exposed of it in a very clear way and never failing to respond when I make a post in the Paddock.

First, I don't follow any religion. I follow Jesus Christ. Not even remotely the same.

Second, yep, it would be great if we lived in a perfect world. Totally agree with you. But that is not what happened. I prefer to take accountability for the sin in my life, and not blame others.

Third, alcoholism runs in so many families. If I become an alcoholic, can I blame my alcoholic parents, or was it my choice to start polishing off a bottle of bourbon every night?
First, sick.

Second, your sin is a direct result of someone else sinning first.

Third, if you were a born alcoholic and there was nothing possible that you could do to keep from being an alcoholic then that analogy would make sense, but it doesn't.

Genesis 2

They ate from the tree of KNOWLEDGE of good and evil. Before eating from it, they literally did not know good from evil. The equivalent to a toddler being told by their parent not to touch the stove and they do it anyway.
Why did they eat from the tree? Seems like you decided to leave out a very, very, very, critical piece.

Gotcha...so because Eve was deceived (remember, Satan deceived her), she bears no culpability?

Is that how this works?
Imagine Adam and Eve as children who didn't know right from wrong (because that's essentially what they were) and then come back to me with an argument for why God's punishment was reasonable.

EDIT: Let me expand. If we had the power to do so, would it make sense for us as parents to give an eternity's worth of punishment to all of mankind because our young child didn't follow our instructions ONE TIME?

Imagine Adam and Eve as children who didn't know right from wrong (because that's essentially what they were) and then come back to me with an argument for why God's punishment was reasonable.
Where does the Bible say that Adam and Eve were children? Please point to the exact verse.

Where does the Bible say that Adam and Eve were children? Please point to the exact verse.
That is not what I'm saying, please understand words. The word essentially was key there. I'm saying they were similar to young children in that they did not know right from wrong.

I think he wants you to “imagine” they are children. He also is confusing obedience with the knowledge of good and evil.
No, no I fully get it. Let's think about something else here. Why would God not want Adam and Eve to not know good from evil in the first place? Seems like a really important thing to know.

That is not what I'm saying, please understand words. The word essentially was key there. I'm saying they were similar to young children in that they did not know right from wrong.
Young children do know right from wrong...what universe are you living in? Do you have kids? My 19 month old knows exactly when she is doing something she shouldn't. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

If you could only see the look she gives mom or dad...she 100% knows.

Adam and Eve, just like us, did not trust God. He told them to trust Him as provider. God expressly told them what not to do. In fact, they did not trust Him to the extent that they made up their own version of what God said. Eve declares that God told them that touching the fruit would cause them death. God never said that. So, we can’t really place all of the blame on the tempter.

Humans were made with the choice to obey God or disobey. We will find all sorts of excuses to justify our disobedience. This thread has become an example of that.

The child analogy is just not in scripture. Humans choose to disobey God and make their own rules. We could live in the world of God’s making by trusting in Him or live in the world of our making. We choose the latter.

Young children do know right from wrong...what universe are you living in? Do you have kids? My 19 month old knows exactly when she is doing something she shouldn't. EVERY SINGLE TIME.
I mean, I thought the whole touching the stove point from earlier seemed pretty applicable to the situation but I guess not for you. Whatever age that works for you where a child doesn't know what's good and what's not for them, just imagine that.

No, no I fully get it. Let's think about something else here. Why would God not want Adam and Eve to not know good from evil in the first place? Seems like a really important thing to know.

The tree of good and evil is the avenue for not trusting God’s wisdom and wanting to make the rules up for ourselves. It is the desire to want to define good and evil. It’s not like they wanted an education in what is bad and what is good. They wanted autonomy from God.

I mean, I thought the whole touching the stove point from earlier seemed pretty applicable to the situation but I guess not for you. Whatever age that works for you where a child doesn't know what's good and what's not for them, just imagine that.
Dude, no offense, but you are all over the place. I enjoy the the discussion, I really do.

But you are just all over the place.

Adam and Eve, just like us, did not trust God. He told them to trust Him as provider. God expressly told them what not to do. In fact, they did not trust Him to the extent that they made up their own version of what God said. Eve declares that God told them that touching the fruit would cause them death. God never said that. So, we can’t really place all of the blame on the tempter.

Humans were made with the choice to obey God or disobey. We will find all sorts of excuses to justify our disobedience. This thread has become an example of that.

The child analogy is just not in scripture. Humans choose to disobey God and make their own rules. We could live in the world of God’s making by trusting in Him or live in the world of our making. We choose the latter.
And it was all part of God's plan for it to happen that way. The latter is better anyway.

Dude, no offense, but you are all over the place. I enjoy the the discussion, I really do.

But you are just all over the place.
Woah woah, don't blame me because you can't comprehend an argument. We are all responsible for ourselves after all.

And it was all part of God's plan for it to happen that way. The latter is better anyway.

God knew what he was creating. And, I thank Him for that. It is better to choose God than to be forced to choose God.

You may truly believe the world is better without God. But, then, don’t complain about death, murder, cheating, lying, selfishness, etc. WE made that world.

God knew what he was creating. And, I thank Him for that. It is better to choose God than to be forced to choose God.

You may truly believe the world is better without God. But, then, don’t complain about death, murder, cheating, lying, selfishness, etc. WE made that world.
So God knew that he was creating a world that would lead to all this bad stuff and yet, WE are responsible. Craziness

Adam and Eve is a STORY that helps explain how things got started for people 2000 years ago, I really don’t think it’s meant to be literal.

Hopefully, after the next revision, the book of Genesis will start off with “Once upon a time…” instead of “In the beginning…”. That way it would be easier for the average dude to know which stories were just made up so that illiterate goat herders from 2000 years ago could understand, and which stories are supposedly true and factual.

Reactions: JDHoss
You seem to try hard to not understand. Sorry I reentered your rabbit hole. Again, enjoy the rest of your day.
I get, God has all the power (even the power he chooses not to use) while we have none and because he killed his son to save us from his punishment, we should be thankful. Still craziness

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT