ADVERTISEMENT

"Plus, DJ Wagner was out" excuse

Bass Kentucky could lose to centre college and you would come on here and say oh they just have talent spread out and out executed Kentucky. Kentucky basketball shouldn’t lose home games to mid major programs, every statement you have said shows the change in mentality by some in the fanbase
They don’t play Centre. Why would I waste time or thought on something so ridiculous. Mid major teams have been upsetting top teams for decades. It happens. Did you just start watching?

You are conducting so many personal attacks over something neither of us control. The man is under contract. The people that hold the contract appear to have no inclination to buy their way out of it. He’s going to be the coach till he decides to retire. So this relentless bashing of the program serves no purpose. I can only assume it’s personal. Maybe you lost a lot of money gambling? Your obsession with the man is unhealthy.

I’d say you don’t understand the issue at all. Skill and experience win games these days I don’t think we had the market cornered there, you think? Dont worry, it gets LOTS worse.
You seem to be saying Cals System no longer works. So what is your solution other than the tired meme of lay back and enjoy it.

I will ask the question again: Why did we lose? What REALLY happened? Everyone wants to blame Cal but nobody is offering any legit ways of explaining this. UNCW lost by 30 and then beats UK. Wouldn't a bunch of UK players showing up to play in a pickup game beat this UNCW team by 60? So, why did we lose?
I wasn't in the locker room but I can only say what I saw on the court (and quite frankly for the recent history with this team NO MATTER THE KIDS).... Their play as a unit seems to be stifled at times for one reason or another... Like they get unmotivated or afraid to make a single mistake because of being pulled out. Cal has favorites and I can assure you this doesn't go without his own kids knowing this... This messes with a young players mind.. they are not professionals (yet), even though they are getting NIL deals they are still college students.
Like I said initially, we don't know what happens, but I can tell you there has been one constant through this recent slump...

We dismantled Miami, largely without Wagner. Who's using his absence, at home against UNCW, as the excuses and deflecting 100% blame off of Cal? That, my friend, is delusional and scapegoating.
a few years ago Kybassfan admitted he wouldnt have fired BCG and didnt want him fired ... There is either something wrong with him mentally or he's only here to troll

I will ask the question again: Why did we lose? What REALLY happened? Everyone wants to blame Cal but nobody is offering any legit ways of explaining this. UNCW lost by 30 and then beats UK. Wouldn't a bunch of UK players showing up to play in a pickup game beat this UNCW team by 60? So, why did we lose?
We lost because several reasons. Cal changed offenses and reverted back to his old game plans offensively and neither bradshaw or Mitchell are dominant inside scorers / back to the basket players... then when we get up by 6 points he had us take the air out of the ball .....and we go from up 6 to like down 6. Cal let his guy, Edwards go 0-7 from 3...... while edwards was also being destroyed defending his man. Cal doesnt want to take his heart, but instead took our team down .

Also only 17 three pointers taken........ if we take our average of 27... so 10 more, and shoot 30% like we did for the game, 9 more pts and we win the game.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
We lost because several reasons. Cal changed offenses and reverted back to his old game plans offensively and neither bradshaw or Mitchell are dominant inside scorers / back to the basket players... then when we get up by 6 points he had us take the air out of the ball .....and we go from up 6 to like down 6. Cal let his guy, Edwards go 0-7 from 3...... while edwards was also being destroyed defending his man. Cal doesnt want to take his heart, but instead took our team down .

Also only 17 three pointers taken........ if we take our average of 27... so 10 more, and shoot 30% like we did for the game, 9 more pts and we win the game.

Thanks to you and Hippo for adding to the discussion! I get wearied by 100 posts saying, "Cal is bad, bad, bad." It is refreshing to read intelligent responses even when we don't always agree. BTW, Edwards should never shoot 7 3's in a game!

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
a few years ago Kybassfan admitted he wouldnt have fired BCG and didnt want him fired ... There is either something wrong with him mentally or he's only here to troll
He's most definitely a troll. But the need to do what he does does lead one to believe there's probably a mental aspect there as well. They are certainly not just an average poster that's simply supporting Cal.

There’s only one thing to take from this thread: use the ignore feature on kybass. Enough is enough.
He does just enough to seem like an actual fan. But he's really just a successful troll that's never gotten officially busted. I really wonder what makes people need to act like that as part of a daily routine. Kinda sad actually.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
You seem to be saying Cals System no longer works. So what is your solution other than the tired meme of lay back and enjoy it.
Why would I have a solution? I’m not party to the contract or the University. The question is does bashing the program relentlessly in public and looking utterly stupid accomplish anything. Been going on for years. Where has it got you?

He's most definitely a troll. But the need to do what he does does lead one to believe there's probably a mental aspect there as well. They are certainly not just an average poster that's simply supporting Cal.
A post by a guy that can’t handle rebuttal. Like that high horse you fell off of?

Why would I have a solution? I’m not party to the contract or the University. The question is does bashing the program relentlessly in public and looking utterly stupid accomplish anything. Been going on for years. Where has it got you?
You seem incapable or unwilling of understanding that Calapari is NOT the program

You seem incapable or unwilling of understanding that Calapari is NOT the program
Who hires him? Who doesn’t buy him out. Who insists that he run the program? Who pays his salary? They made him the program. You seen incapable or unwilling to grasp that fact. There is no debate in that regard. It simply is

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
From what i saw, the team just looked complacent, unfocused, and disinterested. They were coming off a blowout win against a Top 10 team. Their heads were swollen up. They thought UNCW would be a cakewalk. Late in the 2nd half, when they realized they are about to lose to a high school team, they started to panic and play hero ball.

All of that goes back to coaching, and Cal not getting them mentally prepared to play.

Reactions: docholiday51
Before I start, yes, we should have won without Wagner. By 20+

However what did the team do wrong?

Could guard certain players on the perimeter. Who is our best perimeter defender? Wagner

Played out of control on offense and Hero ball. Who sets the tone on the court for the tram? The PG - Wagner (yes he gets hero mode at times too, but we haven't been this out of control when he played)

No one really drove the ball super well to collapse the D and get us more perimeter shots so Cal reverted (🤬) to posting up. Who is our best slasher? Wagner.

Edwards and Dillingham needed to sit more. They couldn't as we essentially had to play a 7.25 man rotation. What would have alleviated that? Wagner (or another capable scholarship player that Cal should have on the team)

I get that we should have won anyways, but Wagner would have helped with a lot of the problems from Saturday. Don't know if he could have stopped Cal going back to post it up mode, but I think his absence was really big.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
Before I start, yes, we should have won without Wagner. By 20+

However what did the team do wrong?

Could guard certain players on the perimeter. Who is our best perimeter defender? Wagner

Played out of control on offense and Hero ball. Who sets the tone on the court for the tram? The PG - Wagner (yes he gets hero mode at times too, but we haven't been this out of control when he played)

No one really drove the ball super well to collapse the D and get us more perimeter shots so Cal reverted (🤬) to posting up. Who is our best slasher? Wagner.

Edwards and Dillingham needed to sit more. They couldn't as we essentially had to play a 7.25 man rotation. What would have alleviated that? Wagner (or another capable scholarship player that Cal should have on the team)

I get that we should have won anyways, but Wagner would have helped with a lot of the problems from Saturday. Don't know if he could have stopped Cal going back to post it up mode, but I think his absence was really big.
Our bench and walk-ons should have beaten UNCW by 20.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT