ADVERTISEMENT

"Plus, DJ Wagner was out" excuse

Fans, players and coaches have a week to let this one soak in. It will suck for at least 2 of those groups I think. I wish we played a game mid week.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
Funny when haters get so desperate and so lacking that the have to insult the man’s family and drag sex into it. Licking the bottom of the dish must be more common than I realize.
Dude, just give it up lol. Claiming the moral high ground doesn’t strengthen your pathetic arguments. You say that none of us know how to run a basketball program, yet the one that’s currently being run employees a coach, the highest paid coach in the nation, and has had more talent year in and year out than any other program out there—an obscene amount of talent. Add in the fact that we have more quad 4 losses than we do tourney wins over the last four years, and you’ll see the problem that anyone with an IQ above a turnip can see.

And then there’s you…lol

No excuse when you are that deep of a team and have someone like Sheppard that can step in and do what he did. Cal seems to ruin all things good recently.

Dude, just give it up lol. Claiming the moral high ground doesn’t strengthen your pathetic arguments. You say that none of us know how to run a basketball program, yet the one that’s currently being run employees a coach, the highest paid coach in the nation, and has had more talent year in and year out than any other program out there—an obscene amount of talent. Add in the fact that we have more quad 4 losses than we do tourney wins over the last four years, and you’ll see the problem that anyone with an IQ above a turnip can see.

And then there’s you…lol
I rest my case. Claims it can run Kentucky basketball better than Ky. What more can you say?

I rest my case. Claims it can run Kentucky basketball better than Ky. What more can you say?
I think you can agree there are issues and they need to be fixed. I think you would also agree losing at home to Evansville Richmond uncw and a bad South Carolina team is bad. And also having one tourney win in 4 years is bad. The program isn’t in a good spot at all

You didn’t rest your case lol. You presented a straw man argument about running a successful program—failing to understand the financial hurdle of getting rid of a failing coach due to an absurd buy out. The fact that he’s still here isn’t because he’s been cutting down any nets lol.

Please explain to all us gomers how paying $9M/year and losing in the first weekend of the tourney every year despite having several future NBA players on the roster is a great ROI lol 🤡

Last edited:
I think you can agree there are issues and they need to be fixed. I think you would also agree losing at home to Evansville Richmond uncw and a bad South Carolina team is bad. And also having one tourney win in 4 years is bad. The program isn’t in a good spot at all
We haven’t played those teams this year. We’re talking about a team everyone was declaring evidence that we are back and one week later are claiming this not coached. Funny how the hate has to dredge up completely unrelated crap to fail in its argument.

• Haha
Reactions: kartmd
You didn’t rest your case lol. You presented a straw man argument about running a successful program—failing to understand the financial hurdle of getting rid of a failing coach due to an absurd buy out. The fact that he’s here isn’t because he’s been cutting down any nets lol.

Please explain to all us gomers how paying $9M/year and losing in the first weekend of the tourney every year despite having several future NBA players on the roster is a great ROI lol 🤡
Expanding to me why that stuff you mentioned is not in the contract at KY or any other contract in division one. Further, explain to me that you under skills versus talent. You have bought into the KY Hate Talking Points

Your posts were incoherent to begin with, now you’re rage typing so fast your sentence structure is incoherent as well lol
Laugh. You guys must have good smoke.

All this indignant self righteousness entitlement is based on smoke and mirrors. Just like the Reed debacle where Cal never mentioned the guy. Every bit contrived and hatefully twisted. Well smoke on this. Nobody that matters buys into the crap. This mentality is a laughing stock. Only the media leverages it for hits. Whip your scapegoat mirage till you are exhausted. Cal will be the coach till he decides not to be. I think about all you got left is to insult family and sexual innuendo. Let’s have it.

Cal loves sitting guys with injuries. It’s a built in excuse for losing games he has no business losing. He’s been doing this for years.

No excuse when you are that deep of a team and have someone like Sheppard that can step in and do what he did. Cal seems to ruin all things good recently.

I will ask the question again: Why did we lose? What REALLY happened? Everyone wants to blame Cal but nobody is offering any legit ways of explaining this. UNCW lost by 30 and then beats UK. Wouldn't a bunch of UK players showing up to play in a pickup game beat this UNCW team by 60? So, why did we lose?

Laugh. You guys must have good smoke.

All this indignant self righteousness entitlement is based on smoke and mirrors. Just like the Reed debacle where Cal never mentioned the guy. Every bit contrived and hatefully twisted. Well smoke on this. Nobody that matters buys into the crap. This mentality is a laughing stock. Only the media leverages it for hits. Whip your scapegoat mirage till you are exhausted. Cal will be the coach till he decides not to be. I think about all you got left is to insult family and sexual innuendo. Let’s have it.
Smoke and mirrors? You mean those silly things like wins and losses? You know…what normal people use to measure the success of a program?

Interesting that you mention buying into crap, that seems to be all you’ve done with Cal and his BS. Winning cures everything. If there was more of it (you know, the way the most successful program in history should be) you wouldn’t have to defend the grifter on here all the time. Must be exhausting! lol

Reactions: crestcat
We haven’t played those teams this year. We’re talking about a team everyone was declaring evidence that we are back and one week later are claiming this not coached. Funny how the hate has to dredge up completely unrelated crap to fail in its argument.
No those losses are in direct correlation with what is being said. All 4 of those losses shouldn’t happen at home by a Kentucky team. Old cal returned yesterday in some form and they lost. Your calling it hate, when we are stating exactly with what is happening

Smoke and mirrors? You mean those silly things like wins and losses? You know…what normal people use to measure the success of a program?

Interesting that you mention buying into crap, that seems to be all you’ve done with Cal and his BS. Winning cures everything. If there was more of it (you know, the way the most successful program in history should be) you wouldn’t have to defend the grifter on here all the time. Must be exhausting! lol
Grifter? Case in point. Who has been swindled here? A contract controls the relationship between Uk and the coach. What clauses stand in violation? If yih are not party to that contract you have no standing Nothing you have mentioned is meterial to that contract. So your use of the word grifter is at best inappropriate and actually slanderous. You’d do well to stay away from the Bennie talking points. Nothing but half truths and lies. Nobody that is relevant buys into any of it.

No those losses are in direct correlation with what is being said. All 4 of those losses shouldn’t happen at home by a Kentucky team. Old cal returned yesterday in some form and they lost. Your calling it hate, when we are stating exactly with what is happening
Ok. When did we play them this year?

And exactly what instructions did Cal issue that made players miss shots, stand too close, stop moving and not play defense.

Everything you mention is either nonsense or irrelevant to the game. Nothing more than rationalization of a bogus conclusion.

Ok. When did we play them this year?

And exactly what instructions did Cal issue that made players miss shots, stand too close, stop moving and not play defense.

Everything you mention is either nonsense or irrelevant to the game. Nothing more than rationalization of a bogus conclusion.
He has them start forcing post feeds to Mitchell when that’s not how this team has been successful. You saying it’s nonsense when everything is a direct correlation. All those losses are in the same category and fall in line with why people are upset

Grifter? Case in point. Who has been swindled here? A contract controls the relationship between Uk and the coach. What clauses stand in violation? If yih are not party to that contract you have no standing Nothing you have mentioned is meterial to that contract. So your use of the word grifter is at best inappropriate and actually slanderous. You’d do well to stay away from the Bennie talking points. Nothing but half truths and lies. Nobody that is relevant buys into any of it.
Slander? Calling him a competent D1 coach worthy of his salary is slander lol. As for swindled… That’s a tough one. I might say the people paying his salary as well as the student athlete who didn’t get offered a scholarship so that Sharpe could ride the bench and collect NIL without playing might have a different view of that.

This may come as a surprise to a smooth-brain like yourself, but very few contracts actually list the number of required wins. That said, coaches are fired all the time for lack of performance. But you knew that… luckily, you don’t have to worry about facing your worst fear since our genius A.D. gave him a lifetime contract

He has them start forcing post feeds to Mitchell when that’s not how this team has been successful. You saying it’s nonsense when everything is a direct correlation. All those losses are in the same category and fall in line with why people are upset
That tends to happen when you start bricking threes.

Slander? Calling him a competent D1 coach worthy of his salary is slander lol. As for swindled… That’s a tough one. I might say the people paying his salary as well as the student athlete who didn’t get offered a scholarship so that Sharpe could ride the bench and collect NIL without playing might have a different view of that.

This may come as a surprise to a smooth-brain like yourself, but very few contracts actually list the number of required wins. That said, coaches are fired all the time for lack of performance. But you knew that… luckily, you don’t have to worry about facing your worst fear since our genius A.D. gave him a lifetime contract
Funny. Nobody at Kentucky is even remote rumored to be contemplating buying out the contact

Grifting is against the law. If you feel froggy, jump. File charges. How funny would that be?

Funny. Nobody at Kentucky is even remote rumored to be contemplating buying out the contact

Imagine thinking that statement is some kind of flex…when in reality, it speaks to how stupid and one-sided the contract actually was.

You can argue all the ridiculous sycophantic and delusional takes you want…the objectiveness of wins and losses is undeniable. You’ve just got your head too far up Cal’s butt to see it lol

Imagine thinking that statement is some kind of flex…when in reality, it speaks to how stupid and one-sided the contract actually was.

You can argue all the ridiculous sycophantic and delusional takes you want…the objectiveness of wins and losses is undeniable. You’ve just got your head too far up Cal’s butt to see it lol
Actually the times I have seen excerpts, it’s pretty boiler plate to me. Nothing unusual. The contract life was obviously reviewed by all relevant parties. Accepted. One sided? Hogwash.

Tell me again how wins and losses is relevant to the contract? Or was that just more whining .

Sure, but the point is Kentucky should be losing games like this at home and they have been losing 1-2 games like this every year for the past couple of years
What entitles us to win games like that? The team lost its way, They punched us in the mouth and we backed up. Spacing collapsed. No defense. Bad night

I have bad news for you. It’s going to happen again Until we have a competent defense in place, it’s going to happen again, That style of play is rags or riches and it very easy for a skilled defensive team to disrupt. Careful what you ask for.

Actually the times I have seen excerpts, it’s pretty boiler plate to me. Nothing unusual. The contract life was obviously reviewed by all relevant parties. Accepted. One sided? Hogwash.

Tell me again how wins and losses is relevant to the contract? Or was that just more whining .
Your “arguments” are just sad at this point. I can’t even laugh at you anymore. It’s haunting that you’re out there, presumably participating in society.

If Cal even remotely lived up to his salary or the expectations of his job, I would have no problem supporting him. You, on the other hand, apparently have no minimum standard that, if not met, would loosen your lips from his ass.

Your reputation on this board was definitely earned—not given. lol

What precisely do you think Cal's job is? You absolutely have to be paid to do this because no human could be this organically obtuse.
I see. Well what he is expected to do is pretty well spelled out. I haven’t seen hitting threes in there Or wins and losses. I guess that information came from the same place as you deducing I am somehow compensated. That was pretty funny,

What entitles us to win games like that? The team lost its way, They punched us in the mouth and we backed up. Spacing collapsed. No defense. Bad night

I have bad news for you. It’s going to happen again Until we have a competent defense in place, it’s going to happen again, That style of play is rags or riches and it very easy for a skilled defensive team to disrupt. Careful what you ask for.
Because your Kentucky basketball at home, you shouldn’t lose to mid majors at home

Raise your hand if you honestly knew UNC-Wilmington existed before we scheduled them this year.

That surprises me. Buzz Peterson coached them at one time. Plus, they have been in the NCAA tournament several times and even beat Southern Cal as a 13 seed and then lost to IU in the next round. They have a decent program. and won the CBI in 2022.

Yeah, we still should have beaten them but they are decent, as I said.

That surprises me. Buzz Peterson coached them at one time. Plus, they have been in the NCAA tournament several times and even beat Southern Cal as a 13 seed and then lost to IU in the next round. They have a decent program. and won the CBI in 2022.

Yeah, we still should have beaten them but they are decent, as I said.
Sounds like front page news.

Because Cal simply doesn't know how to teach or run a zone. Why he hasn't or won't is anyone's guess. We did get a little press last night, but should've tried that a few min earlier. The guy simply refuses to alter his Def mindset. His teams are usually really good on the Def end, but it's mind boggling that he doesn't have a zone in his back pocket.
Ill make a guess: Because that aint what they play in the NBA!!!

I see. Well, that's a fan thing. Nothing to do with competition. Life is different now. The era you are dreaming of ended with Nil and the portal.
NIL and the portal didnt have a damn thing to do with what we saw Saturday. Our players probably make 10 times or even 20 ,the NIL money UNCW guys make. Our 2 portal guys are better than anyone on that team. What horse apples.

I see. Well, that's a fan thing. Nothing to do with competition. Life is different now. The era you are dreaming of ended with Nil and the portal.
Bassfan you know that’s a bs argument, Kentucky has triple the talent and resources uncw has. Kentucky should never be losing a game like that

Bassfan you know that’s a bs argument, Kentucky has triple the talent and resources uncw has. Kentucky should never be losing a game like that
Do you are saying we bought the win it’s ours?

Talent is vastly different than skill. I would say they displayed much more skill. You can take that up with the player rankings people They have an office over in the witchcraft fortune tellers aisle.

NIL and the portal didnt have a damn thing to do with what we saw Saturday. Our players probably make 10 times or even 20 ,the NIL money UNCW guys make. Our 2 portal guys are better than anyone on that team. What horse apples.
I’d say you don’t understand the issue at all. Skill and experience win games these days I don’t think we had the market cornered there, you think? Dont worry, it gets LOTS worse.

Do you are saying we bought the win it’s ours?

Talent is vastly different than skill. I would say they displayed much more skill. You can take that up with the player rankings people They have an office over in the witchcraft fortune tellers aisle.
Bass Kentucky could lose to centre college and you would come on here and say oh they just have talent spread out and out executed Kentucky. Kentucky basketball shouldn’t lose home games to mid major programs, every statement you have said shows the change in mentality by some in the fanbase

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT