ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Stoops defenders. Explain.

But they will come back if they beat South Carolina and give us the moral superiority speech and act like they are so much better
Yeah, Messenger will come on here and tell you how illiterate you are because you don’t follow recruiting and understand this is a building process. Been saying the same shit for ten years. Stoops was correct though he pissed some people off, can’t compete at a high level without the dough. Gonna be a six win team on average in the future with an occasional 7-8.

Does anyone think that Kentucky realistically has a chance to compete with Georgia and Alabama?

Tennessee being penciled in as a loss every year is frustrating for sure and I wish Stoops could change that.

Like everything else there are so many extremes:

No one wants to admit that we will never be able to compete with an elite program with an elite coach.

Others don’t want to admit that Stoops needs to be better in other games while
Also continuing to lift the program.

Program is in better shape than it has ever been in though. Can go either way going forward though.
Terrible post. It’s about HOW we are losing.

Yeah, Messenger will come on here and tell you how illiterate you are because you don’t follow recruiting and understand this is a building process. Been saying the same shit for ten years. Stoops was correct though he pissed some people off, can’t compete at a high level without the dough. Gonna be a six win team on average in the future with an occasional 7-8.
7 wins is what Kentucky will be, with 8-9 win season every now and then

Reactions: deep3 and bluecoon1
I agree completely. I certainly think that we shouldn't be getting whitewashed at home by Bama. That's a problem but when you look at the program holistically I don't see that replacing stoops is a legitimate answer to fix things.

It's becoming abundantly obvious that what Stoops said about poneying up is probably the reality. You're going to have to have top-notch NIL at UK in order to compete in the SEC.

And how exactly do you do that at UK when there aren't that many rich people in this state?
Yeah we need more NIL money to execute simple plays and not fumble balls on our own goal line, and not leave players wide open. NIL would totally change our coaching, discipline, and execution. For sure.

You think you are watching a well coached team today?

I think we are watching a significantly outmatched team today.

All you have to do is go look at the history of Kentucky football and the answer is pretty plain to see. Stoops is better than what our history indicates. Can he ever get us to a point where we are consistently competitive with Alabama and Georgia? I highly doubt it. Could somebody else? I highly doubt it.

Is it worth rolling the dice to see if you can get somebody now that the program is better established due to stoops? That is a risk reward question. To me I just don't see there being any chance of us ever consistently competing with the top notch SEC competition. It can be a loser mindset if that's what you want but there are realities involved that people are just blindly ignoring.

Reactions: Jont0805
Terrible post. It’s about HOW we are losing.

Lol who cares

Would you prefer to go 0-12 and lose by one possession?

Kentucky has built a program that can compete with most of college football by playing football. In the past it would take generational state talent that stays home to have a chance at bowl games.

A loss is a loss. Kentucky basketball beat the two teams that played in the national championship game by 100 points a few years ago but lost in the first round. No one cares. Those teams got better and went on to the final four.

If you win you win, if you lose you lose.

Terrible offensive play calling. Every 3rd down is either a long pass towards the sideline or a check down 5 yards short of the sticks. Terrified of throwing the ball in the middle of the field.

Lol who cares

Kentucky has built a program that can compete with most of college football by playing football. In the past it would take generational state talent that stays home to have a chance at bowl games.

A loss is a loss. Kentucky basketball beat the two teams that played in the national championship game by 100 points a few years ago but lost in the first round. No one cares. Those teams got better and went on to the final four.

When you come out looking like a high school team, yah, it does matter. And your argument makes absolutely no sense.

All you have to do is go look at the history of Kentucky football and the answer is pretty plain to see. Stoops is better than what our history indicates. Can he ever get us to a point where we are consistently competitive with Alabama and Georgia? I highly doubt it. Could somebody else? I highly doubt it.

Is it worth rolling the dice to see if you can get somebody now that the program is better established due to stoops? That is a risk reward question. To me I just don't see there being any chance of us ever consistently competing with the top notch SEC competition. It can be a loser mindset if that's what you want but there are realities involved that people are just blindly ignoring.
Man, I understand what you’re saying but if we’re going to be stuck at 6-7 wins for eternity maybe it would be best to at least try something else. Honestly, what does it matter?

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
When you come out looking like a high school team, yah, it does matter.

To who? Do you think recruits are going to watch this game and decide Kentucky isn’t the place for them? Fans are going to be there every week and disappointed in big games and happy in most other games. Sec still going to pay the university a gazillion dollars every year no matter what the score ends up being.

Kentucky doesn’t have a player that would be on the field on Alabama’s team and the only time we recruit a player that Alabama actually wants is because they are from the state of Kentucky.

USF and Arkansas almost beat Bama this year. I don't think it's too much to ask for keeping them under 60 points.

He is very average and at times terrible.
Great recruiter, players love him but he's not a good motivator and his organization leaves a lot to be desired. As far as x's and o's, you rarely feel like he's outcoached the opponent so he looks average, at best. Personally, I think his defense if gimmicky in the fact that he plays stall ball to slow the game down and hope to steal the win.

In short, the guy fell a$S backwards into a good spot, for his approach, and recruited his way from a horrible program to an average, physical program. He's been fortunate, with some key opponents being down a good part of his tenure, and has had more support than all other UK FB coaches combined.

Bottom line - he is what he is and this is what you will get. If you are happy with the style of play (I am definitely not) and overall record (I go back and forth) then you'll be happy. You want more wins and/or more excitement, you won't be.

Man, I understand what you’re saying but if we’re going to be stuck at 6-7 wins for eternity maybe it would be best to at least try something else. Honestly, what does it matter?

I get it and I'm totally fine with that. I just think it's crazy that people expect us to play some of these teams and be seriously competitive against them. It's one thing to wish for it and it's another thing to expect it.

I do not think the expectations match the reality. I get stoopes as a high salary but in my view that salary is a legitimately to get Kentucky to be competitive in the SEC which they have been. They have taken major steps over the past 10 years.

Maybe if you can get Deion here he could make a splash and bring in some level of players that would be needed to compete. I don't see any other way that something like that is going to happen here.

To who? Do you think recruits are going to watch this game and decide Kentucky isn’t the place for them? Fans are going to be there every week and disappointed in big games and happy in most other games. Sec still going to pay the university a gazillion dollars every year no matter what the score ends up being.

Kentucky doesn’t have a player that would be on the field on Alabama’s team and the only time we recruit a player that Alabama actually wants is because they are from the state of Kentucky.
Wrong. Leary would've started at the beginning of the year. Davis would be their best back. Walker would start. Wallace would start. I realized we're outmanned at the other 18 positions but we've seen other shitty teams hang with Bama this year. No reason we shouldn't be able to at home. But our conservative style on both sides of the ball doesn't bode well against teams with superior talent.

Yeah wouldn't want Barnhart to try until we get the right coach. Might take effort. No one here is demanding that we consistently beat the Bama's and Georgia's consistently, so stop with the dishonest strawman argument.

When you come out looking like a high school team, yah, it does matter. And your argument makes absolutely no sense.
This is the thing that kills me!!!

We GAVE THEM 3 TD’s because we lost the TE on 2 of them and had a FREAKIN fumble inside their 10 yard line!!!

Against UT, the CB FALLS DOWN and gives the a long TD pass and the Safety falls down giving them another.

• Angry
Reactions: kybloo92
Yeah wouldn't want Barnhart to try until we get the right coach. Might take effort. No one here is demanding that we consistently beat the Bama's and Georgia's consistently, so stop with the dishonest strawman argument.

What the hell are you asking for? To cover the spread? You are insufferable.

The next step is to compete against the top of SEC. That is because Stoops got us to where we are. Multiple 10 wins seasons....beating PSU in a bowl game, etc.

The next step is the hardest.

Also...I said compete, not beat. I am pretty sure that is what you want, right? Or what is it? You tell me. What spread can we lose by to give you the warm and fuzzies?

Lol who cares

Missouri says otherwise. Notice how I mentioned the less of the three (now four) teams who’ve beat us down this year

He's done a hell of a lot more than most UK football coaches have.

I'm seriously not defending him. I think he has done more here than most could have. He has plenty of flaws though.

We just don't have the players man. JMHO. That isn't fixable.
Exactly, winning programs get the best players. Its hard to be a winning program without them. That is not his fault, in this day and time CASH is the answer and Kentucky just ain't putting out enough of it.

We didn't compete at a high level before NIL either. I think thats a BS excuse

Whats going to happen when he loses to Louisville with their first year coach?

Gotta love the Stoops Slurpers trying to justify 7 win seasons because we came from nothing and shouldn't expect more. I see all of the "it doesn't matter who the coach is we're Ky" from these same folks, but is that really the case? I mean as Ky we went from 2 win seasons to 7 win seasons being the norm( yes I know, we have had two 10 win seasons in 11 years but 7 is the norm). Kentucky is established as a middle of the pack team in the SEC so drawing coaches to Ky won't be near as hard as it was 11 years ago. And if you think the name on the front of the jersey is keeping kids from coming here your dead wrong. Let a popular name come to Ky and see what changes come to this program and NIL. I mean we can afford it since we're paying 9mil for 7 win seasons. I appreciate Stoops for everything he has done for this program but it's time to move on. So the Stoops slurpers know, I don't expect to beat Alabama and Georgia every year, just be competitive, and win the games we're suppose to.

Of course it's fixable. Hire a coach who CAN get the good players

Send me some of whatever your smoking fella.

UK made a choice in the 50's. Rupp got a caddy, Bear got a zippo.

This isn't a football school. We don't have an abundance of native HS talent.

Lastly, if it is fixable why hasn't UK done it in the past 75 years?

Meanwhile...it is now a 14pt game

Send me some of whatever your smoking fella.

UK made a choice in the 50's. Rupp got a caddy, Bear got a zippo.

This isn't a football school. We don't have an abundance of native HS talent.

Lastly, if it is fixable why hasn't UK done it in the past 75 years?

Meanwhile...it is now a 14pt game
for 9 million a year I guaruntee Mitch could get a good coach.

We are actually competing pretty well. Getting bama into 3rd downs and moving the ball. Our redzone fumble and our turnover on downs in our redzone has broken our back. It just takes a couple plays to put a game out of reach

UPDTATE- with a minute and change left in the 3rd Kentucky is competing much less. FML

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT