ADVERTISEMENT

Explain why

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Cal only cares about helping 18 year olds become wealthy and helping their families but acts like he cannot do the same for some of these transfer players who are older?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Because he doesn’t actually help anyone get to the nba, if you’re going you’re going. The younger players get drafted on potential the older players are still in college for a reason. It’s easier for the younger players to get drafted

Cal only cares about helping 18 year olds become wealthy and helping their families but acts like he cannot do the same for some of these transfer players who are older?
He does not help the 18-year-olds become wealthy either. All those one and done NBA players still would’ve become wealthy NBA players regardless of where they spent their one college season. Cal did nothing to make it happen.

That whole spiel is just a marketing pitch Cal came up with to land the highest rated 5 star recruits. The only person it’s truly made crazy rich is himself. The players were gonna get there anyways.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
When Calipari says that his main goal is to help players & their families escape generational poverty. I never believed a word of this the 1st time I heard him say it. He wants to win national championships as much as any coach out there. This is just a cover for his lack of championships. The reason for him saying this is because he can't match Mike Krzyzewski & Roy Williams when it comes to winning national championships & his ego can't take it, so he finds an area where K & Williams can't match him. And that's producing NBA superstars. Calipari is as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

You really are the new HerrosHeroes by starting so many threads but you’re way more negative than him.

He does not help the 18-year-olds become wealthy either. All those one and done NBA players still would’ve become wealthy NBA players regardless of where they spent their one college season. Cal did nothing to make it happen.

That whole spiel is just a marketing pitch Cal came up with to land the highest rated 5 star recruits. The only person it’s truly made crazy rich is himself. The players were gonna get there anyways.
This is accurate.

This absolutely irritates me. These kids are super talented and they're going pro regardless who is coaching them. For cow to take all that credit like he's the only person that can put these guys in front of pro teams so they can make millions is just ludicrous. But hes able to produce the tears and his followers just love it.

This absolutely irritates me. These kids are super talented and they're going pro regardless who is coaching them. For cow to take all that credit like he's the only person that can put these guys in front of pro teams so they can make millions is just ludicrous. But hes able to produce the tears and his followers just love it.
I don’t think anyone follows him anymore other than the players he put in the league early on and the ones thinking he can get them there.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArcticChar
Most of his one and dones have dropped in the draft from their time spent with him. Take Chris Livingston for example, does cal really get to take credit for him? His most successful players in the past 5-7 years have been kids who came in and over performed like shep and dilly this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT