ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Stoops defenders. Explain.

We could hire Vince Lombardi and we still would have gotten our a**es kicked today. I don't understand why you all do this to yourselves. Fire him....go for it, won't change anything.

Stoops plays 1960's fb...He will NEVER go any further until he does a 180 on his offensive. Even the great Saban says that defense no longer wins big games and championships, but for some reason he thinks he's the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Reactions: bluecoon1
You're exactly what people call a loser fan. I expect them to win every game. I mean, why play if you don't expect to win? And if you have a coach who is in the top 10 of salary, you should be ranked at the minimum 10-15th every year

I appreciate you calling me a loser fan.

You honestly look at the schedule every year and say, yep 15-0 playoff champion?

Of course I want to win every game even the teams that go 0-12 want to win every game.

You are absolutely lying to yourself if you saw our schedule this year and expected anything better than 10-2.

9-3 is what most of us thought would be a great year, 8-4 somewhat disappointing, 7-5 very disappointing.

6-6 absolute disaster.

Salary does not equate direct results in any sport or team. We have a $9 million dollar coach because our athletic director is a fool and our basketball coach forced his hand.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I understand your point on Cal, but, with the talent he has had he should have had 3NC and 6 Ff. He also gave us the worst season in UK history, has lost every record UK had held, sent us to 2 NIT's. Point is our AD should be first one to let go.
Cal hasn't evolved with the times (more three pointers), but in all fairness college basketball titles are the hardest in all of sports to win. The best team usually doesn't win it. Only having to play five at a time and a one and done elimination makes it an extremely difficult title to get. Takes some luck .

No one else on bamas schedule had trouble getting pressure on them. They had given up 4.6 sacks/game coming into today. Even MTSU got 2 on them the first game of the year. Every team on their schedule had at least 2 sacks, but we couldn’t even come close to getting 1. That’s a scheme issue.

I agree with that, scheme and players. Has Kentucky gotten pressure on anyone in 10 games?

Next week South Carolina has one of the worst lines in college football so if not next week then don’t see it happening.

They won't be on here. Didn't you see in their goofy thread how they won't post on the forum for a few days after a loss?

Look, we all expected to lose today (and those same goobers says that makes us bad fans for being realists) but to be down 21 to 0 already is unacceptable.
At least we pay our coaches well and expect mediocrity. Welcome to those fans that continue to suffer.

Agreed. Your little brain can't handle more than one sport.

Since you are such a football expert like your homes Rembrandt and hack man tell us what UK needs to do to improve.
It doesn’t have to: wait ‘till Kansas handles Cal’s high school seniors, and we won’t be hearing from most of you!!

It doesn’t have to: wait ‘till Kansas handles Cal’s high school seniors, and we won’t be hearing from most of you!!

I'll still be here. I can handle posting on both boards and support both programs. Unlike your ilk.

My issue with u is stay in ur lane. U were talking crap about basketball the night nefore the tn football game and then disappeared after the UT game.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Stoops plays 1960's fb...He will NEVER go any further until he does a 180 on his offensive. Even the great Saban says that defense no longer wins big games and championships, but for some reason he thinks he's the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I think everyone agrees with this, but how?

Did this and won 10 games with an all time great wide receiver and nfl starting quarterback. Tried to stay in that style last year and sucked, this year brought back the offensive coordinator from the offensive minded team, the top transfer qb, supposed to be the best wide receiver core in a while, yet we look like a pop Warner team.

I think he is trying to be more modern and the team keeps getting worse and then maybe he gets stubborn again. No scheme would’ve won this game.

All runs and no passes would have given us a better chance against Missouri, passing game was best all year against Tennessee and lost. Seems like defense lets them down when offense plays good and when offense plays bad defense has to pitch a shutout.

What can fix this?

Reactions: bluecoon1
I'll still be here. I can handle posting on both boards and support both programs. Unlike your ilk.

My issue with u is stay in ur lane. U were talking crap about basketball the night nefore the tn football game and then disappeared after the UT game.
Bullsh!t!

My Lane is what I make My Lane.

You football cynics are miracle workers: you are the only folk who can get internet reception to post during games.

Almost makes me think the cynics are watching only on television.

I just want to know how in the hell Ole Miss can make it into the national Top 10 with the resources and facilities they have? Are they that much more committed to NIL than we are? What's the reason(s) that the freakin' Ole Miss Rebels are a damned Top 10 team and we can't beat Mizzou or UTeee???

Please. We’re getting thrashed by good teams that aren’t thrashing other teams on their schedule like this. And the sec version of a cakewalk we have takes a hit next year with the scheduling although it’s unbelievably fortunate if it’s true our annual games are sc and Vandy. I mean we don’t even schedule outside of the mac for our non p5 games for fear of taking an L.
We have 3 SEC wins this year with a good shot at a 4th. How many of the last 40 years have we had more than 4 SEC wins?

You fairweather, microwave fans make me sick. Everybody knows it takes fifteen years to build a program in the SEC, and Stoops is only in year 11. Let's let the next four years play out before we jump the gun. Who are you going to get to replace Stoops? This school has no football heritage anyway.

They’re currently getting top 25-30 classes every year. That’s more than enough to be competitive. On paper they’re far more talented the UL. But you watch, UK Will get their asses handed to them in that game. And the reason will be, better coaching for the other team. Also, how do you explain Rich Brooks taking a team full of three stars and beating eventual national champion LSU? Good coaching!
Look what 25th to 30th in the country for recruiting rankings get you in the SEC, you'll be surprised.

Talent is huge. But.....Missouri is much the same situation as UK, all around....and they line up and compete whether its....anybody.

I can't say that about our Kentucky team.
I have heard recently that Mizzou has a pretty large and active NIL operation up and running.
As I said after the Georgia drubbing, I don't think UK fans would be as upset by losses to the SEC elite if we were just competitive. It's pretty obvious that UK had no business being on the same field with either Georgia or Alabama this season. Why is that? Is it coaching, talent, scheme or a combination of all three?

Reactions: billoliver40
What the hell are you asking for? To cover the spread? You are insufferable.

The next step is to compete against the top of SEC. That is because Stoops got us to where we are. Multiple 10 wins seasons....beating PSU in a bowl game, etc.

The next step is the hardest.

Also...I said compete, not beat. I am pretty sure that is what you want, right? Or what is it? You tell me. What spread can we lose by to give you the warm and fuzzies?
Now, I'm a gambler because I want us to field a competitive disciplined team? Get bent.

The University dragging its feet getting NIL going is going to really damage this program in the long run. Starting to see the cracks beginning to form.

I don’t think firing Stoops is the solution to the program’s problems. At best, Fire Stoops and a new coach can come in and replicate Stoops’ success and maybe take it a little further by realistically competing for NY6 bowls year in year out. At worst, firing Stoops halts any momentum the program has and relegates us to the same level of the Vanderbilts and South Carolinas of the football pecking order.

I just don’t see a path to competing for SEC East titles year in year out. NIL makes it harder for us not easier. Mitch and the University dragging it’s feet the first years of it doubles down on the difficulty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jont0805
The University dragging its feet getting NIL going is going to really damage this program in the long run. Starting to see the cracks beginning to form.

I don’t think firing Stoops is the solution to the program’s problems. At best, a coach can come in and replicate Stoops’ success and maybe take it a little further by realistically competing for NY6 bowls year in year out. At worst firing Stoops halts any momentum the program has and relegates us to the same level of the Vanderbilts and South Carolinas of the football pecking order.

I just don’t see a path to competing for SEC East titles year in year out. NIL makes it harder for us not easier. Mitch and the University dragging it’s feet the first years of it doubles down on the difficulty.
Do you honestly believe Stoops will ever achieve anything better than the status quo? He's predictable. The other coaches in the league have a book on him. As long as we're playing anybody better than Vandy or maybe SCjr we're going to lose. He can't out-scheme his opponents and he certainly can't out-recruit them.

Why do people keep saying we are a program above south carolina or Missouri. Those teams have won the division, uk has not. Only a couple steps above vandy

Because winning the division means nothing on how your program is at the moment. Kentucky has a national championship in football so does that mean they are better than anyone else who has never had one?

Right now Kentucky is ahead of South Carolina and close to Missouri and a lot of mid level sec teams regardless of the sky falling.

I appreciate you calling me a loser fan.

You honestly look at the schedule every year and say, yep 15-0 playoff champion?

Of course I want to win every game even the teams that go 0-12 want to win every game.

You are absolutely lying to yourself if you saw our schedule this year and expected anything better than 10-2.

9-3 is what most of us thought would be a great year, 8-4 somewhat disappointing, 7-5 very disappointing.

6-6 absolute disaster.

Salary does not equate direct results in any sport or team. We have a $9 million dollar coach because our athletic director is a fool and our basketball coach forced his hand.
We have a chance to win 8 games. Good, not great. But we've had a few games where this team looks awful being poorly coached. This is unacceptable

Because winning the division means nothing on how your program is at the moment. Kentucky has a national championship in football so does that mean they are better than anyone else who has never had one?

Right now Kentucky is ahead of South Carolina and close to Missouri and a lot of mid level sec teams regardless of the sky falling.
The fact they have had the capability to in the recent past means alot, the appeal to a 1950 title from some bogus poll is ludicrous. UK hasn't surpassed these programs, not in recruiting, and if you want to talk about this year lost to mizzou and still have to play usc and beat us at home last year.

The fact they have had the capability to in the recent past means alot, the appeal to a 1950 title from some bogus poll is ludicrous. UK hasn't surpassed these programs, not in recruiting, and if you want to talk about this year lost to mizzou and still have to play usc and beat us at home last year.

The two best coaches in those two program’s history is what it took to get to that level. Since that moment in both programs and the last 7 years Kentucky has been above both of these programs.

Missouri this year shows they are now a little ahead of Kentucky. South Carolina has not shown that at all. If they beat Kentucky next week then there will be absolutely no defense this year is an absolute failure.

Gloom and doom is one thing, but reality is another. Kentucky is right around the bottom middle of the pack in the SEC which is higher than ever before in the modern era but not where the fans want.

We could hire Vince Lombardi and we still would have gotten our a**es kicked today. I don't understand why you all do this to yourselves. Fire him....go for it, won't change anything.
This has been going on since Bear Bryant left. UK just can't seem to make the right hire for the football program. Stoops and Brooks have made the program a little respectable but just can't seem to turn it completely around.

Once again, money talks, bull shit walks. I guaruntee if Mitch lets it be known he will pay 9 or 10 million a year, you will have a list of stellar candidates. And the " coaching fraternity?" Have you EVER heard one head coach openly criticize another?
Actually, yes I have. However there is a world of difference between not criticizing and praising. By your logic, why would they praise him?

Now, I'm a gambler because I want us to field a competitive disciplined team? Get bent.

I wasn't being literal there Bigfoot. I was asking what would constitute an acceptable loss to you. You don't like being challenged much, yet totally ok for you to put words in my mouth.

Who can he get who is willing to put his good resume at risk at a program that has one hand tied behind its back? Why is it the coaching fraternity says Stoops has done the impossible?

We'd like to get even better but Stoops is likely as successful a coach well be able to get and more importantly, KEEP. These hate Stoops have gotten old.
Wrong. Geez.

Do you honestly believe Stoops will ever achieve anything better than the status quo? He's predictable. The other coaches in the league have a book on him. As long as we're playing anybody better than Vandy or maybe SCjr we're going to lose. He can't out-scheme his opponents and he certainly can't out-recruit them.
What’s the status quo in your mind? He’s done more here than any other coach has in modern history. The status quo for Kentucky football the first 20 years of my life and the 20-30 years before was always hope and pray we make a bowl. He’s obviously elevated the status quo to expect a bowl every single year.

The point of my post wasn’t to praise stoops really. More so that I think Kentucky football as a program has a ceiling that’s a little lower than most fans are willing to accept unfortunately. There’s maybe 3-4 coaches at any given time that could single handedly elevate Kentucky’s program to a contender and they’re likely never going to want to come here.

Reactions: KYCAT78
I just want to know how in the hell Ole Miss can make it into the national Top 10 with the resources and facilities they have? Are they that much more committed to NIL than we are? What's the reason(s) that the freakin' Ole Miss Rebels are a damned Top 10 team and we can't beat Mizzou or UTeee???
Uhhh, the same reason(s) we were highly ranked in 2018 and 2021.

It is a good team, but as you are now witnessing, capable of a thorough beat down by one as good as UGA.

And don’t question Ole Miss’s history: they have eight double-digit winning seasons in their history, and 40 Bowl appearances.

And because of SEC money, facilities across the South are impressive and have a “new car” smell!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT