ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official UK vs. Marshall Game Thread *****

You're hilarious. You run the players down in virtually every thread. Go take a good hard look at your own soul, man.
Don't let that fool bait you. There are no Wagner haters on this board. However, there are plenty selfish play haters here. This is by far the best game he has played in a Kentucky uniform. If he had played like this in all of his previous games, Uk would be undefeated. If you listen to Wagner's postgame comment about how much more fun it is playing team ball, it is obvious this has been a conversation coaches have had with him. If he continues playing like this, fans won't have anything to complain about his game. For me, it is more about his team play than points scored. There are plenty of points for every player when the ball doesn't stick in anyone player's hands.

Last edited:
How did that vaunted defense work for us against Uconn in 2011? Wisconsin in 2015?
What round of the tournament were we in then? You think Marshall played that good? You think teams like UConn or Whisky are gonna let you set back and jack threes? Good luck with that. Loser.

• Haha
Reactions: UKortho
I’m glad that you got your little shooting party. A team that shot a VERY mediocre percentage just dropped 82 points on us. They should have had under 50. Under 60 would have been marginal.

As far as pace, yeah. Yuk it up. That team was defenseless. Pace is easy against an exceedingly weak team like that? We had good pace against Kansas. How did that work for us? As we’re finding ou, Kansas ain’t that good. NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN DEFENSE.
You’re not going to hold teams under 60 anymore playing the pace Kentucky did tonight in college basketball, to many good players and good teams. Kentucky probabaly gave up about 12 more points than they should have by not rotating or not grabbing a rebound but that’s fine, your acting like it’s the end of the world

Reactions: BlueCephus
I’m glad that you got your little shooting party. A team that shot a VERY mediocre percentage just dropped 82 points on us. They should have had under 50. Under 60 would have been marginal.

As far as pace, yeah. Yuk it up. That team was defenseless. Pace is easy against an exceedingly weak team like that? We had good pace against Kansas. How did that work for us? As we’re finding ou, Kansas ain’t that good. NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN DEFENSE.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Not saying our defense is good by any means, but to expect to win 118-50 is beyond ridiculous. Go watch Virginia.

Reactions: 59coop
Honestly it's 2023. You shouldn't base an offense on points score and a defense on points allowed.

Look at points per possession.

Also please consider the fact that we don't have 3 of our big men.
Also teams hit crazy 3s. Sometimes that just happens.

Our defense will get better.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
You’re not going to hold teams under 60 anymore playing the pace Kentucky did tonight in college basketball, to many good players and good teams. Kentucky probabaly gave up about 12 more points than they should have by not rotating or not grabbing a rebound but that’s fine, your acting like it’s the end of the world
Against a pathetic team like that? Yeah you can I need only say one word here. Kansas….. we haven’t improved on what got us beat.

Both Marshall and UK are averaging a crazy tempo on offense this season.
This was always going to be high scoring.

Haven’t ever seen one positive post from you, EVER lol.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
There was no chance given the pace of play they were being held to under 50 or 60.

Think Kenpom had 87-68
You are correct. Kentucky's fast and efficient scoring gave Marshall more scoring opportunities as to be expected. Obviously, more scoring opportunities will likely result in higher scoring. The focus is more accurately placed on the scoring differential. If the scoring delta was 15 points or less, that would be something to be concerned about.

You are correct. Kentucky's fast and efficient scoring gave Marshall more scoring opportunities as to be expected. The focus is more accurately placed on the scoring differential. If the scoring delta was 15 points or less, that would be something to be concerned about.

Yep exactly

aaaaanddddddd now we turn our attention to UK Football.

Devin Leary throwing 10 deep passes to brown and not completing one of them
Excited Tim And Eric Awesome Show Great Job GIF

• Sad
Well... At least it was fun while the game was on. Now it's getting stupid. RIP to this game thread

You are correct. Kentucky's fast and efficient scoring gave Marshall more scoring opportunities as to be expected. Obviously, more scoring opportunities will likely result in higher scoring. The focus is more accurately placed on the scoring differential. If the scoring delta was 15 points or less, that would be something to be concerned about.
Agree your not completely dominating these teams anymore playing the pace Kentucky did, the mid majors especially load up on shooting and when you play the pace you take that gamble and Kentucky was fine, there were a handful of lapses that would of had Kentucky keep Marshall to 70 buts that’s nitpicking. Now the communication and rotations has to be alot better against Miami for sure

Reactions: LmdCat
Yup man I can’t wait til our bigs hit the court(crosses finger
I think Ivisic gets cleared next week. NCAA is on vacation this week with Thanksgiving.

We'll have good news about both him and Bradshaw soon. By the time the UNC game is played, we'll have all three bigs back and UK will be rocking.
I’m hearing Bradshaw is almost ready; now just month to month

Do you expect Kentucky to hold them to 60 playing that tempo without any rim protection at all?
Wait? Rim protection? Isn’t that defense? Doh. Go back and watch the game at the number of uncontested shots the got. I realize everyone is giddy about jacking up a bunch of points. Guess what? All we accomplished is providing good game film…..

Wait? Rim protection? Isn’t that defense? Doh. Go back and watch the game at the number of uncontested shots the got. I realize everyone is giddy about jacking up a bunch of points. Guess what? All we accomplished is providing good game film…..
And your ignoring the point that when you play teams are going to get open looks against you, your acting like Kentucky was giving up layup after layup every possession

I notice you just like to take the other side and argue. Maybe grow up?
He sounds like my ex-girlfriend. She would argue with me just to argue when she didn’t care at all about what she was arguing for, as long as is was the opposite view of me and could maybe get me worked up she was all for it

Kansas…..
Great, they were the #1 team in the country and we about beat them without a center. Go watch Kansas then? They looked awesome when playing against a team with a front court in Marquette. They would have been dominated by Purdue too. You have no idea what you are talking about.

He sounds like my ex-girlfriend. She would argue with me just to argue when she didn’t care at all about what she was arguing for, as long as is was the opposite view of me and could maybe get me worked up she was all for it
I mean he only comes here to argue. There’s not one single post of him agreeing with anyone on anything. That’s weak.

Reactions: UKortho

Bullspit...there aren't any games being won 1-0. You've got to be able to score the ball to win meaningful games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT