ADVERTISEMENT

Donavan at Marshall?

It can work with Pope and I obviously hope it does. Most of the anger by fans is that publicly, it went from Nate Oates, Jay Wright, Scott Drew and Danny Hurley turning us down straight to Mark Pope.

He will win here, but will he win to the BBN’s expectations?

It can work with Pope and I obviously hope it does. Most of the anger by fans is that publicly, it went from Nate Oates, Jay Wright, Scott Drew and Danny Hurley turning us down straight to Mark Pope.

He will win here, but will he win to the BBN’s expectations?
To be fair at this point we don't know exactly how it went down in back channels. Hell for all we know we might have been told no privately by a whole lot of people and just did not make the surface.

Reactions: Cat in ga
To be fair at this point we don't know exactly how it went down in back channels. Hell for all we know we might have been told no privately by a whole lot of people and just did not make the surface.
Yep, that’s why I said publicly. I agree. All we know is what was being reporting, which is those 4 saying thanks but no thanks.

But remember

Coaches win games. Organizations are the one who win the championships.

Somebody said that recently, forget who.

Will our athletic dept around Pope & the bball program change, 180 degrees from the way it has been run since 2015? That's the bigger issue than the head coach hire.

Mark Pope is 51 years old and hasn’t won a tournament game.

Billy Donovan was 31 when he took the florida job. And it was Florida, not Kentucky. Florida had 5 tournament appearances in their history prior to Donovan.

What big coach was Pope an assistant for? Pretty key detail to leave out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT