ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official St. Joe's vs Kentucky Game Thread *****

He did a lot of things other than score.

This board is way over the top with its treatment of him though.
This. +16 tonight with him on the floor. Sad thing is you can see certain posters who make it a point to point out every negative thing he does because they’re the same ones who make excuses for Wagner when he does something wrong. Then, you have the guys who point out everything Wagner does wrong and only talk about Reed’s positives.

Folks, they’re on the same team. It’s not an either, or. They like each other. They play completely different styles and are going to compliment each other’s strengths this season. They’ll both improve.

That is my biggest complaint with him. He drives into the defense to throw up left-hand shots that have very little chance of going in.
He needs to be working with ulis on that jump step floater with his strong hand(right hand) that ulis used to hit in his sleep here. Goign with his weaker hand doesn’t make any sense

Reactions: LmdCat
6 assists isn’t team ball?
As much as he touches the ball, it would be hard to not get credit for some assist. However, that wild shot he threw up at the end of regulation wasn't team ball. As a team player he would have been looking for a better shooter to set up for the game winner. However, Cal wanted him to get the shot so that he could brag to the media about the accomplishment of player not playing with house money.

As much as he touches the ball, it would be hard to not get credit for some assist. However, that wild shot he threw up at the end of regulation wasn't team ball. As a team player he would have been looking for a better shooter to set up for the game winner. However, Cal wanted him to get the shot so that he could brag to the media about the accomplishment of player not playing with house money.
He was successful on that play all night, he could have drawn a foul, got an easy put back. Nothing wrong with that shot.

Reactions: University-6
I think it’s a good time for you to stop. Wagner had a few bad plays, but overall this was his best game at UK. His late FTs were important. Nothing wrong with admitting all of that. If we are going to make a run in March, Wagner needs to be at his best.

Reactions: JFCats22
He needs to be working with ulis on that jump step floater with his strong hand(right hand) that ulis used to hit in his sleep here. Goign with his weaker hand doesn’t make any sense
At the AAU level, he was able to fly by everyone to score lots of points via layups. However, he isn't finding that to be so easy at the college level. He needs a shot which it is obvious he didn't spend very much time developing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I think it’s a good time for you to stop. Wagner had a few bad plays, but overall this was his best game at UK. His late FTs were important. Nothing wrong with admitting all of that. If we are going to make a run in March, Wagner needs to be at his best.
I didn't say it wasn't his best game at UK, but the bar was so low, it wasn't very difficult to achieve. You guys are more than welcome to praise him. I will reserve my right to do so at a later date when he strings a number of games together when his positives are greater than his negatives.

I didn't say it wasn't his best game at UK, but the bar was so low, it wasn't very difficult to achieve. You guys are more than welcome to praise him. I will reserve my right to do so at a later date when he strings a number of games together when his positives are greater than his negatives.
His positives were greater than his negatives tonight. He deserves praise for that, as any Cat would.

He was successful on that play all night, he could have drawn a foul, got an easy put back. Nothing wrong with that shot.
From what you have seen of him at UK, did you really think that shot was going in considering the number of shots he has missed around the basket?

At this point, just give us 1 of the 3.
Idc which one. Just REBOUND.
That said, Cats were 8-2 in rebounds down the stretch and after they were down 40-29 late.
UC just got Bandaogo's appeal reversed. I'm feeling a little better about Z getting eligibility now. It was a different situation as a double transfer but at least these issues are slowly getting resolved.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT