ADVERTISEMENT

Official Fire Coach Cal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all miserable watching this team. We are all fed up with the constant revolving door of the One and Done. We all can see the coaching deficiencies of John Calipari. We are all tired of the biggest night of the basketball season being draft night. We can see the decline in our team since we lost Coach Payne and I think it’s obvious that he was the most important person on our coaching staff in developing these young kids. Let’s see how big we can make this thread in support of moving away from Coach Cal and starting fresh at the University of Kentucky.
GO SCREW YOURSELF DICKHEAD

GO SCREW YOURSELF DICKHEAD
giphy.gif

Complete lack of CLASS. Has to be a Cal Backer!

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
Getting excited about the idea of someone losing their job isn’t exactly classy either. Clamoring for someone to be fired without cause is sick IMO.

After reading through this thread, think I will log off for a few days. Thought I was kinda pissed, but whoa.

Getting excited about the idea of someone losing their job isn’t exactly classy either. Clamoring for someone to be fired without cause is sick IMO.

Money, I have a question for you. I have never advocated for Cal to lose his job, if he can do the job. UK has been a Top Program, most of the time, in my lifetime. Starting 1-6 is unacceptable to most fans. It has been almost 100 years since UK lost 6 games in a row. I, and most fans don't want Cal fired if he can do the job, which is winning. However, he needs to make changes, because what he is doing, is not working.
Let me ask you, "If you have a company, and your employee is not producing, would you keep him?" I would tell him that you need to make some changes, because what your doing, is not working. If he refused to change, and the company continued to lose, I would have to let him go. That will be the same with UK basketball. We saw it when Joker was the football coach. This is a business, and run on donations and putting fans in the seats. When UK is paying 10M a year, the donors, such as a lot of us, expect results. Money, I learned a long time ago, no coach is above UK basketball. Winning at UK should be their primary goal, not getting players ready for the NBA. I'm sorry you don't seem to feel that way, but your entitled to how you feel. I have never said I was excited about anyone losing their job. However, I think Cal will probably be able to survive. I doubt he's hurting for money. I'm more concerned with the people who have lost their jobs, to NO fault of their own, such as waiters and other people in the restaurant industry. People who are losing their business, people who are unable to pay their rent, etc. Those are the people we ALL should be worried about. I know I am! If you can afford it, just help one family out in these tough times. You will feel much better. I do! Have a Happy New Year.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Money, I have a question for you. I have never advocated for Cal to lose his job, if he can do the job. UK has been a Top Program, most of the time, in my lifetime. Starting 1-6 is unacceptable to most fans. It has been almost 100 years since UK lost 6 games in a row. I, and most fans don't want Cal fired if he can do the job, which is winning. However, he needs to make changes, because what he is doing, is not working.
Let me ask you, "If you have a company, and your employee is not producing, would you keep him?" I would tell him that you need to make some changes, because what your doing, is not working. If he refused to change, and the company continued to lose, I would have to let him go. That will be the same with UK basketball. We saw it when Joker was the football coach. This is a business, and run on donations and putting fans in the seats. When UK is paying 10M a year, the donors, such as a lot of us, expect results. Money, I learned a long time ago, no coach is above UK basketball. Winning at UK should be their primary goal, not getting players ready for the NBA. I'm sorry you don't seem to feel that way, but your entitled to how you feel. I have never said I was excited about anyone losing their job. However, I think Cal will probably be able to survive. I doubt he's hurting for money. I'm more concerned with the people who have lost their jobs, to NO fault of their own, such as waiters and other people in the restaurant industry. People who are losing their business, people who are unable to pay their rent, etc. Those are the people we ALL should be worried about. I know I am! If you can afford it, just help one family out in these tough times. You will feel much better. I do! Have a Happy New Year.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
As the original creator of this thread I 100% agree with Willie here. Believe it or not I have always been a Coach Cal supporter. As recently as last season I was defending him after the Evansville loss. Only after last season when we had the mass exodus of players that were both transferring and leaving early for the draft when they had no business leaving for the draft did I become completely disenfranchised. I still managed to get excited for this season because of all of the stars next to our recruits names. Then we start 1-6 and Coach Cal looks completely lost out there coaching. I realized this isn’t working anymore. We haven’t been truly good in 5 seasons and now we are just plain horrible. I want Coach Cal to succeed because that means UK succeeds and I’m happy when UK succeeds. I know Coach Cal won’t get fired it’s not fiscally possible, but something needs to change. As Willie said it’s time for Mitch to have a heart to heart with his employee Coach Cal and let him know that we need a new approach and a new philosophy at UK because we aren’t the gold standard... heck we aren’t even the bronze standard anymore.

Your right Woodrow. It's hard for me to take when they make up crap. I'm just an "Old Country Guy," who Loves America, God, Family and our way of life, which has served us well for over 200 years. I look at one thing, "We don't have to build a wall to keep our citizens here, like a lot of countries."
Basketball doesn't mean that much to me in everyday life, and is sure not as important to me as the men and women in Uniform. I am a believer in taking care of American Citizens first, instead of giving Foreign Aid to countries. I don't like lobbyists, and I feel that we have a lot of crooks in Congress, Democrat and Republican. I am just and Independent Conservative, who loves America.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
I knew there was a reason I liked you Willie.

We are all miserable watching this team. We are all fed up with the constant revolving door of the One and Done. We all can see the coaching deficiencies of John Calipari. We are all tired of the biggest night of the basketball season being draft night. We can see the decline in our team since we lost Coach Payne and I think it’s obvious that he was the most important person on our coaching staff in developing these young kids. Let’s see how big we can make this thread in support of moving away from Coach Cal and starting fresh at the University of Kentucky.

Go find another team. We don’t need POS fans like you.

Reactions: MakinMusic

Who is this "we" you speak for? Your opinion is fine. Even though I don't share it nor do I speak for others.

Put the sign in the yard and hire the truck. Let him take his pony show somewhere else, there are at least 5 jobs in the SEC would love to have him until they realize he can't coach a lick.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
I'd rather get the coach we want than get rid of the coach we don't

none of us trust Mitch to make a rush hire

why demand he do so at this point?

I agree with you about Kenny Payne. I stated this many times before getting shouted down message board style. Payne got more out of Dontaie Allen in a couple games than Cal has ever gotten out of him. We will really see Payne's value when his coaching ability makes UofL no longer a laughable easy victory.

Can’t believe I didn’t see this thread last year or participate in it if I did. Anything to make the noise louder toward cal is a plus in my book. He needs to know the BBN is tired of his shit.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Once again let me say, 60 million dollars. Call is NOT GONNA get fired, why do people have such a problem understanding this. It doesn't matter how the fans " feel" it's about money, only way Cal is gone is ifHE decides to go, his insane contract insures this. I know this is a discussion board but why discuss something that's NOT going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT