ADVERTISEMENT

Official Fire Coach Cal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, the question isn't whether or not to fire Cal. The question is, do you want to prevent the program from being destroyed to the point that it can't be brought back?

A decade plus of new rosters every year has caused the BBN to find other interests. They're still out there waiting for something to happen, for now. But at some point the fan base will cease to exist.

Nobody cares about tuning in every year to watch a team of AAU players struggle. It's simply not interesting.

Doesn’t mean we can’t make our opinion known about the direction of this program. I am well aware that Cal is not getting fired but I want him to know I’m not a fan of his coaching or his methodology anymore and I don’t believe we are the Gold standard anymore.
Yes, I agree with what you're saying and we're all upset with the way things are going. That said, we should be expressing our discontent. I think a lot are more frustrated that due to the buyout we really can't do anything but let our feelings be known. With the huge buyout Cal can pretty much thumb his nose at our fan base and all we can really do is fire back.

What was said? Did Keion come out and speak for the team again?
He addressed the fans specifically and said he knows best who and how many should be playing. That basketball hasn't changed since 1940. He thought about playing Allen but didn't. But he'll get his chance. You know that one chance.

Fire Cal and it just gets worse. Who in the hell would come in if his record is unacceptable?

mdlUK, you must like losing. Most of us on here are WINNERS, and we can tell the LOSERS, because their satisfied with LOSING, just as long as they can kiss Cal's butt, and bad-mouth WINNERS, who hate losing. I sure in Hell would not want you for my Wingman, or even in my formation.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
Lol, you’re a winner? [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll]

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
We are all miserable watching this team. We are all fed up with the constant revolving door of the One and Done. We all can see the coaching deficiencies of John Calipari. We are all tired of the biggest night of the basketball season being draft night. We can see the decline in our team since we lost Coach Payne and I think it’s obvious that he was the most important person on our coaching staff in developing these young kids. Let’s see how big we can make this thread in support of moving away from Coach Cal and starting fresh at the University of Kentucky.

Cal has delivered one of the golden eras of UK hoops...more than deserves a chance to right the ship

I think the biggest question our fan base needs to ask itself is this, ‘If Cal gets fired, who does the UK Basketball Alumni go out and get?’

I’m not so sure there is anyone else out there right now that would be more successful.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
We are all miserable watching this team. We are all fed up with the constant revolving door of the One and Done. We all can see the coaching deficiencies of John Calipari. We are all tired of the biggest night of the basketball season being draft night. We can see the decline in our team since we lost Coach Payne and I think it’s obvious that he was the most important person on our coaching staff in developing these young kids. Let’s see how big we can make this thread in support of moving away from Coach Cal and starting fresh at the University of Kentucky.

calm down bro

Come on......we almost beat a lousy team on their home court! We would have won if it wasn't for that loud boisterous u6 home crowd.
Can't fire him now, but talk up the NBA. Ask him " who would you rather be right now, you or KP?"

tenor.gif

Why do you say that? No one has said anything inappropriate. It’s a group of fans expressing their discontent with losing 6 games in a row. And producing the worst starting record in over 100 years. We aren’t just bad we are historically bad. This team has only cracked 65 points one time this season. We can’t shoot 3’s or FT’s and we have a coach that appears to be lost. Isnt that the point of this forum?

The probation teams would stomp this group.

This is the worst I’ve ever seen UK basketball. Neither the Gillispie nor probation era team were ever this level of awful
No doubt about it. I just never thought I'd see anything this bad after we were finally off probation and free of any sanctions. Even the team that went 14-14 in Pitino's first year would wipe the floor with this bunch.

Reactions: UK90
Coaches’ tenures come and go. Coaches go into a decline of ability, as do players. Clearly Cal is now. We do not ever, as fans, owe complete support for a coach when this happens. No matter how well they performed in the past, there comes a time when they need to move on. That time is now and Cal knows it.

Why do you say that? No one has said anything inappropriate. It’s a group of fans expressing their discontent with losing 6 games in a row. And producing the worst starting record in over 100 years. We aren’t just bad we are historically bad. This team has only cracked 65 points one time this season. We can’t shoot 3’s or FT’s and we have a coach that appears to be lost. Isnt that the point of this forum?
1. He can’t be fired. Short of a dead hooker in his trunk.
2. Who would come?

I can't support firing a coach mid season.

I'm as frustrated with him as anyone but you don't do that.

Cal has earned the right to return next year in an attempt to fix it

However if he takes the program to new lows, if he comes back and under performs, it will be the most miserable 9 months of his life - especially with fans - who will be buying tickets just to boo him
100% this.
PERIOD
Nothing else needs to be said

I'd rather have no coach than that no talent ass clown
Less than s dozen posts in.
That is pretty inappropriate...

100% this.
PERIOD
Nothing else needs to be said
He’s already taken the program to new lows. We haven’t been this terrible in over 100 years. You all are blind sheep following the shepherd into the wolfs den. I guess the only way we could be any worse is if we lost to Morehead and were 0-7.

Reactions: Jumpercat
He’s already taken the program to new lows. We haven’t been this terrible in over 100 years. You all are blind sheep following the shepherd into the wolfs den. I guess the only way we could be any worse is if we lost to Morehead and were 0-7.
You Karens love to say sheep. You are the ones FOLLOWING the crowd.

Reactions: HoneyMoon155
This season is shitty. Cal needs to change his philosophy. It's only worked a single time since he's been here. But no reason to fire him yet and pay his ginormous buyout. Maybe play to his ego, convince him to keep borderline draft players around a year or 2 so he won't ruin his legacy.

Reactions: BradleyCrawford08
What do you propose? It’s clear he has no intention of changing.
I think next year he needs to have an extremely high measure of success. Final four with excitement and fun back in the game. If that doesn’t happen then yes probably need to go another direction.

Lol, you’re a winner? [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll]

I would say I am. I represented my country, for 5 years, flew an airplane which held the climb record to 50,000 feet, then retired on the largest commercial airplane in the world. Retired at 56, after selling 6 business, and have enjoyed retirement for over 25 years. Now, what have you done? I don't need to know, since I don't give a $hit! That's your business.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

KyCatAttack, he just another Cal sucker. Once we finally win a game, we will hear how great Cal is.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

I would say I am. I represented my country, for 5 years, flew an airplane which held the climb record to 50,000 feet, then retired on the largest commercial airplane in the world. Retired at 56, after selling 6 business, and have enjoyed retirement for over 25 years. Now, what have you done? I don't need to know, since I don't give a $hit! That's your business.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
Cool, so now you’re just a bitter old fart that bases his happiness on how well some teenagers play basketball. [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT