ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

Johnny Sauter still racing trucks. Not a bad gig I suppose, but it feels like a retired QB playing on a scout squad.

This race is gonna be a long one.

As long as Chastain is still out front throwing blocks, probably not seen the last caution..

It's hilarious how the FOX personalities are forgetting who initially replaced Gordon in the #24. It was not Byron, Chase Elliott. Oh well, still have the Xfinity race to go tonight.

45 years ago, I attended the Daytona 500. Heh, arguably the most famous finish in NASCAR history.
What would be your top 5 finishes.

Mine would be in no particular order....
  • Edwards over Johnson at Atlanta
  • Earnhardt rattling Labonte's cage at Bristol
  • Rickey Craven over Kurt Bush at Darlington
  • Daytona crash between Allison and Yarborough on the last lap and the King wins
  • and even though he didn't win he made the chase Ross Chastain and his hail melon move at Martinsville

Craven over Busch is #1 for me. A few more favorites that goes over 5, Harvick's first win over Gordon at Atlanta in 2001 taking RCR back to victory lane, Dale Earnhardt's win over Bobby Labonte at Atlanta in 2000 and beating out Ernie at Talladega 1993, Johnson's win at Talladega when they were 3 wide at the line in 2011 and Blaney beating out Newman in 2019 at Talladega.

Even though I can't stand him, Hamlin's 2016 finish in the 500 over Truex for the closest finish ever in the 500, Harvick beating out Mark Martin with Bowyer upside down on his roof in '07 and the Busch Brothers battling it out in 2019 for the final race at Kentucky Speedway. Saw this one in-person!

While I wasn't the biggest fan of the package NASCAR ran on the superspeedways back in 2011 with the tandem drafting, it was pretty cool to see the finish with Bowyer & Burton beating each other's fenders off to the line at Talladega that year. In the Xfinity Series a few years ago, it was awesome to see that win AJ Allmendinger had with both him & Cindric spinning sideways as they crossed the finish line.

What races are they planning on taking off the schedule to make such a move I wonder? IMO, needs to start with the rovals. Don't need them on the schedule. If you are going to do a road course then actually go to another venue designed for it. Big fan of COTA and think the street course in Chicago could be better this year if the weather cooperates.

What races are they planning on taking off the schedule to make such a move I wonder? IMO, needs to start with the rovals. Don't need them on the schedule. If you are going to do a road course then actually go to another venue designed for it. Big fan of COTA and think the street course in Chicago could be better this year if the weather cooperates.
I tend to agree with Dale Jr in that I hate road courses and think we have too many already.

Joey's illegal gloves reminded me of a sugar glider. 🤣

Jumping Sugar Glider GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Stan the caddy
Gene needs to just sell the charters. They're done for.

Trackhouse needs a couple charters, or sell to JR Motorsports.

Not a shocking move. Earnhardt hinted as much during a Dale Jr. Download episode with Mike Joy a long time ago that he did not know if he would be back with NBC Sports once the new TV deals come out. Did NBC really need 4 people in the booth? Dale Jr. is an asset and managed to get the best deal for him.

Guess I will go back to way I started with NASCAR, finding a place to park my car where I can pick up a radio station a hundred miles away and sit there and listen on the radio. I'm not spending another penny on additional entertainment, it's never-ending.

Guess I will go back to way I started with NASCAR, finding a place to park my car where I can pick up a radio station a hundred miles away and sit there and listen on the radio. I'm not spending another penny on additional entertainment, it's never-ending.
I hear you. It is frustrating to ask fans subscribe to a TV service then multiple streaming services for what you could get all on TV like it always has been. It's a joke.

There is no reason for Phoenix to have 2 dates. This is an absolutely abhorrent race. And somehow the title is decided here.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT