ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

List Custer, Newman & Cody Ware as other possibilities. Custer would be the better driver at this point but running a full-time Xfinity Series schedule therefore can't run for points in the Cup Series, just Owner Points. Cody has already cost the team $3.5 million in sponsorship due to the arrests.
Custer is good, Kaz Grala is just par for the course for the level of drivers RWR brings in. Feel like this organization is missing out on a driver like Matty D who had success in some of these low-level organizations. They will never attract emerging stars out of the Xfinity & Truck Series unless it is someone like Custer hoping to get back and is probably just waiting to take over the #41 if Preece has another year running beyond 20th in the points. Best they can hope for is to get veterans in this ride.

List Custer, Newman & Cody Ware as other possibilities. Custer would be the better driver at this point but running a full-time Xfinity Series schedule therefore can't run for points in the Cup Series, just Owner Points. Cody has already cost the team $3.5 million in sponsorship due to the arrests.
Cole Custer should get starts again this year for what you previously stated about their SHR technical alliance. Tony will want him to still get some experience in this car for an easier transition if he takes one of the Cup rides again at SHR eventually. Did the same with Preece.

Still think this is an organization that needs an experienced driver to give them feedback much like Matt Kenseth did in 2018 returning to Roush part-time. Newman already has experience with them and I recall hearing Dale Jr. say in the 2nd Darlington race that Ryan was running Top 10 lap speeds at various times in shitty Rick Ware Racing equipment that race. Newman was in for a decent finish considering them before spinning out to avoid Reddick who checked up at the top of the turn in the lead not knowing whether the hell to pit that lap or not. Racing for them is not easy getting 2nd tier equipment from SHR struggling themselves. It is not like 23XI Racing essentially being JGR's 5th and 6th Cup cars fielded every race.

I don't see how they can afford to let Cody race again from a sponsorship standpoint plus torn up race cars because that is all he was good for.

Last edited:
You would think Rick Ware Racing with all of the teams they field across the different motorsports series they would be more competitive in NASCAR but they are more like Gene Haas' other teams than Chip Ganassi when he was apart of NASCAR.

The green flag drops in 106 hours for the 2024 season. What are your predictions?

Championship 4: Larson, Logano, Elliott and Hamlin

Champion: Larson

Last edited:
Also, watching the new NASCAR documentary on Netlix you realize how many thirsty young women there are at races. Most of those dudes would have no chance at a lady like that if they worked at a factory job.

Championship 4:
Larson, Byron, Hamlin, Buescher

Champion: Larson.

Buescher won on 3 different types of tracks last year. Short, Intermediate, Superspeedway.

RFK is trending up and was unquestionably the best Ford team last year, even though Blaney got hot at the right time.

With the new Ford body, I think Buescher is going to make a massive run this year.

With NASCAR adding a road course in both the Round of 16 & Round of 12, going with 4 drivers that are proven winners on any type of track. Elliott, Blaney, Hamlin & Byron.

#24 takes it all in 2024.

It's crazy how much the charters have went up over the past few years. I heard Hamlin or Dale Jr one talking about it on their podcast and they have went up several millions

Would love to see the charter system go and get back to the days when teams would show up on race weekend, qualify their way into the race on speed.

Clash at 8 tonight due to weather tomorrow. Figures at the same time as UK & Tennesse. Glad I have multiple TVs but have to try and watch both at once sucks.

Surely that’s the end of the LA Coliseum experiment. Right?
Dear Lord I hope so. Both races there have been terrible and there's typically more fans at a Friday night dirt track than in the stands of the Coliseum . Also, if I am an owner I don't like the idea that I spend all that money to travel and take a team across the country to race and then we don't make the race or get any compensation. Just go back to the old days of the only ones who qualify are the ones who won a pole position the year before and any full time cup champs. That way teams know going into it that they have a spot. Also, it should be part of Daytona Speed Weeks not on the other side of the country. NASCAR just seems like they are totally out of touch with what their fanbase wants.

Last edited:
Reactions: funKYcat75
Dear Lord I hope so. Both races there have been terrible and there's typically more at a Friday night dirt track than in the stands of the Coliseum . Also, if I am an owner I don't like the idea that I spend all that money to travel and take a team across the country to race and then we don't make the race or get any compensation. Just go back to the old days of the only ones who qualify are the ones who won a pole position the year before and any full time cup champs. That way teams know going into it that they have a spot. Also, it should be part of Daytona Speed Weeks not on the other side of the country. NASCAR just seems like they are totally out of touch with what their fanbase wants.
Agreed. If they want to race in the Coliseum they should make a quick and dirty dirt track and let the stars of NASCAR do a dirt race in dirt track cars the same weekend as Fontana.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
I like to watch the Daytona 500 and then never watch another race all year. Gonna try my best to to honor that tradition this year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT