ADVERTISEMENT

My take on Murray's decision

How the hell does Murray chose Oregon. His dad says he wants him to go #1 overall, which Cal is about to have his third player drafted #1 in the last six years. Has Oregon ever had a #1 pick or even a first round pick?? Yeah athat screams Oregon lol. Something is very fishy if he picks Oregon, or his dad is a complete liar.

No offense but Willis has not even shown enough to get on the court during pick-up games. I wish the kid the best. But, if he is on the court for extended minutes next season we are really in trouble.

This is nobodys fault but Cal's, don't blame it on players. He's created this monster...u can't run 6 ir 7 through an bring 4 in. He chose this type of style and he should always be ready for this stuff, he clearly wasn't this year.
The #2 class is Cal's fault?? Are you for real?

Reactions: jameslee32
i don't think his comments were personal, i just think that is his personality
he is brash and seems to be tough as nails
Briscoe and Ulis might be the two toughest guards in the country

IMHO adding Murray makes UK and UNC the clear cut favorites to win it all

I haven't seen the Briscoe comments, only from what I've read on here and I wonder if he actually doesn't want Murray at UK. I'm sure it wasn't personal but he may not want any other guard to come to UK for the sake of minutes. I hope that's not the case but every player wants as many minutes as they can get, so I can understand his thinking if that is the case.

I haven't seen the Briscoe comments, only from what I've read on here and I wonder if he actually doesn't want Murray at UK. I'm sure it wasn't personal but he may not want any other guard to come to UK for the sake of minutes. I hope that's not the case but every player wants as many minutes as they can get, so I can understand his thinking if that is the case.

Chemistry is a real thing.

I think right now Briscoe sees this team as the perfect fit for him. He's a player that likes to take over and create when he is on the floor. Murray is very similar. I was hoping they were compatible, but I don't know if Briscoe sees it that way.

The rest of the team complements what Briscoe does with the ball:

Ulis- pass first guard, knocks down the open jumper when others penetrate and kick.
Labissiere- like AD, he does not need to be fed the ball to score.
Poythress- does not create on his own, will score off what others set up for him.
Lee- scores off lobs and putbacks almost exclusively.
Matthews- known as a defender more so than a scorer.
Mulder- more of a spot up shooter.

Briscoe will be our top shot taker on this team. He's going to have the ball in his hands when we need a big play.

Murray probably would have changed that, most likely.

Chemistry is a real thing.

I think right now Briscoe sees this team as the perfect fit for him. He's a player that likes to take over and create when he is on the floor. Murray is very similar. I was hoping they were compatible, but I don't know if Briscoe sees it that way.

The rest of the team complements what Briscoe does with the ball:

Ulis- pass first guard, knocks down the open jumper when others penetrate and kick.
Labissiere- like AD, he does not need to be fed the ball to score.
Poythress- does not create on his own, will score off what others set up for him.
Lee- scores off lobs and putbacks almost exclusively.
Matthews- known as a defender more so than a scorer.
Mulder- more of a spot up shooter.

Briscoe will be our top shot taker on this team. He's going to have the ball in his hands when we need a big play.

Murray probably would have changed that, most likely.
In hindsight I wish we had gone harder after Blakeny.He and Briscoe get along well and might have worked well together.Never could have seen the newman,Brown,Murray deal so no way they could have known.........

Yeah, that may be true also. I think Ulis will have the ball in his hands when we need a big play. If you mean when we need a big shot, then I would be more likely to agree with that but I think Ulis is the man with the ball in his hands when we need a big play because of his ability to facilitate and penetrate. He just opens up so much when he has the rock in his hands. While he may not be the one who takes the shot, I think it all starts with Ulis. JMO though.
You make a valid point about Briscoe. He may see it that way. Lastly, you speak in past tense about Murray. Lol! It's not over yet, he still may be a Cat!! I haven't given up yet.

No links. People I talk with. Sources.
What are they saying? His shot is looking good and his defense is improved? He is working out everyday? What have they said bout the incoming recruits? Poythress knee doing good?

Btw I was not being a smart butt when I asked you about the link. I was just wanting to read something bout the above questions.

This is nobodys fault but Cal's, don't blame it on players. He's created this monster...u can't run 6 ir 7 through an bring 4 in. He chose this type of style and he should always be ready for this stuff, he clearly wasn't this year.

Even if it is, would not trade the last 6 yrs for anyone else. Why is it that some of you expect every year to be a title year and that we are never going to have a dry spell here or there. Blame him for one "down" year of recruiting, but while you're at it, heap some praise for the good stuff too.

Reactions: Drudis

Shocking... it's not like you to bitch about Cal...

giphy.gif

Reactions: jrpross

After watching Tubby slowly far short during his time here and then Billy G, it amazes me how statements like this even exist

Reactions: brianpoe
Sorry, I am still over Murray.

If he comes, great.

If not, I'm psyched to watch the team we already have coming in.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Ok, so we had a Canadian recruiting guy report that he was leaning Oregon, was announcing Tuesday, and doing it on ESPNU. The last two we now know were incorrect. At least they are now. Maybe, just maybe, the first thing is as well. Of course there is the tweet from Cook, but who knows, maybe the Murray's changed their minds since last week, or maybe he was trolling.

Whatever it is, at least we have a bit more life than we did last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT