ADVERTISEMENT

Mounjaro/Ozempic weight loss

I actually know someone who used it in conjunction with a strict diet. She didn't need to lose a lot, but lost 30 lbs (roughly 20% body weight) in like 4 months.

I actually know someone who used it in conjunction with a strict diet. She didn't need to lose a lot, but lost 30 lbs (roughly 20% body weight) in like 4 months.

Losing 20% of your body mass in 4 months is extremely healthy. Look forward to the impending Netflix documentary and lawsuits in 15 years from this drug killing millions from acute renal failure that was covered up by them because it was such a cash cow. How long have the studies for this dramatic weight loss (and not wanting to eat for 48 hours at a time apparently) been going on?

That’s great for her if she hit her weight loss goal, now all she does is a maintenance dose and injected every two weeks and she’s good. That will be a huge head start for her and making better eating choices from there on out. Congrats to her 🍺

I never will understand why others make judgments on people taking medicine prescribed to them by a doctor. If you wouldn’t do it, fine, good for you. I will assume Op as a grown man is fully capable of making his own personal medical decisions and weighing the risk/benefits accordingly.

In related news, I just bought $2500 in Eli Lilly so thanks for posting OP. Haha

All you haters of the medication and its indications can watch 60 Minutes that’s on now. They are doing a segment on the outcomes so you can make your own decision 🍺

Last edited:
All you haters of the medication and its indications can watch 60 Minutes that’s on now. They are doing a segment on the outcomes so you can make your own decision 🍺

It’s official. The first 3 minutes are about how being overweight is because of your brain and it’s not something you can control. 🙄 Obesity is genetics. I mean no one is to blame for anything anymore, it’s incredible.

Just saw the 60 min segment. Was sort of funny.

Obesity is a disease. Well, it’s a “mental disease”. They made all sorts of bold claims.

I don’t care if you’re fat and lazy. You should have access to drugs (or meth) that can make you skinny. It’s wild to think insurance should pay for that.

Whole lot of people will get rich from this, so, hoorah. This is one of the most American things ever.

Btw, the anti-obesity drug segment followed the segment where some kitchen table scientists claimed we will FACE AN EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT NOT SEEN SINCE THE DINOSAURS IN THE NEXT 20 YEARS.

You know those tabloids they use to have at the checkouts back before THE MAN made us check and bag our own groceries…BAT BOY LIVES, and whatnot. 60 minutes is the modern version of that.

Btw, the anti-obesity drug segment followed the segment where some kitchen table scientists claimed we will FACE AN EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT NOT SEEN SINCE THE DINOSAURS IN THE NEXT 20 YEARS.

You know those tabloids they use to have at the checkouts back before THE MAN made us check and bag our own groceries…BAT BOY LIVES, and whatnot. 60 minutes is the modern version of that.

I mean that’s all “news” is anymore. With the internet and Twitter and all that shit no one will watch anything unless it’s sensational. Then it was followed up by some dipshit doctor saying obesity is an uncontrollable disease and then calling ALL OTHER DOCTORS IDIOTS for not knowing that 😂. Would anyone be surprised if Lilly paid 60 mins and that dipshit doctor 100k to run that segment?

That 60 Minutes piece was nothing but desperate, Big Pharma-purchased propaganda misinformation, and everyone involved with the story should be ashamed to present themselves as "journalists."

Big Pharma and the health care industry have conspired to make Americans sicker and less healthy, and that's becoming more and more true every single year. While there may be value in some medications, the true solution to almost any disease is actually rather simple....

- diet
- exercise
- sleep
- stress reduction
- hydration
- etc

Whether someone is being treated for cancer or heart disease or diabetes or AIDS or COVID or the flu or gout or anything else -- taking the above steps into your own hands to improve your health should be the starting point of every single conversation with a health care provider. Unfortunately, taking the quick, easy, most profitable way out is almost always the preferred behavior. This Ozempic nonsense, mark my words, will turn out very, very badly in the long run. Big Pharma has a long, successful history of manipulating regulatory agencies and lying about their research to ignore obvious warning signs and side effects, including death. I expect this will turn out much the same.

I mean that’s all “news” is anymore. With the internet and Twitter and all that shit no one will watch anything unless it’s sensational. Then it was followed up by some dipshit doctor saying obesity is an uncontrollable disease and then calling ALL OTHER DOCTORS IDIOTS for not knowing that 😂. Would anyone be surprised if Lilly paid 60 mins and that dipshit doctor 100k to run that segment?
60 Minutes trotted effing Paul Erlich out of mothballs last night ffs.

• Wow
Reactions: SDC888
I’ve enjoyed this thread. Looked into these medications several months ago for my type 2 diabetes, but was too expensive. Decided to focus on diet and exercise (heavy weight training and aerobic). I drink lots of water which tricks my stomach into thinking it’s full. Lost 34 pounds and my blood sugar has improved tremendously. I use the Lose-it app to track my calories and exercise which keeps me accountable. 20 more pounds to go and I should be there by April.

I don’t blame anyone for using the meds to lose weight. Some folks don’t have time for exercise and meal planning. I’m retired and this is my new hobby.

I’ve enjoyed this thread. Looked into these medications several months ago for my type 2 diabetes, but was too expensive. Decided to focus on diet and exercise (heavy weight training and aerobic). I drink lots of water which tricks my stomach into thinking it’s full. Lost 34 pounds and my blood sugar has improved tremendously. I use the Lose-it app to track my calories and exercise which keeps me accountable. 20 more pounds to go and I should be there by April.

I don’t blame anyone for using the meds to lose weight. Some folks don’t have time for exercise and meal planning. I’m retired and this is my new hobby.
Congrats BSC ! That’s awesome man and enjoy the retirement 🍺

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat

Literally EVERYONE has time for exercise unless they think they’d rather work more and die miserable and obese. It’s all about priorities, but no one can tell me they’re not burning up 30 mins a day watching tv or sleeping in a bit longer or hitting happy hour or whatever it may be.

My favorite excuse is I don’t have time. Alright cool, tell me your daily schedule and I promise you I’ll find 30 minutes.

Next up, I don’t have the money….

Losing 20% of your body mass in 4 months is extremely healthy. Look forward to the impending Netflix documentary and lawsuits in 15 years from this drug killing millions from acute renal failure that was covered up by them because it was such a cash cow. How long have the studies for this dramatic weight loss (and not wanting to eat for 48 hours at a time apparently) been going on?
It was more the 800 calories a day than the med.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
It’s official. The first 3 minutes are about how being overweight is because of your brain and it’s not something you can control. 🙄 Obesity is genetics. I mean no one is to blame for anything anymore, it’s incredible.
Genetics do a play a large role. Is obesity solely genetic? No. But it is a big factor, as are some other big factors ones you can control. You can easily have 2 people eat the exact same things, get the same amount of sleep, and do the same exercise, and have a significant weight difference. But fine, be an a** and ignore the facts.

Honestly one of the biggest problems is people feeding their kids absolute garbage. It’s not the genetics as much as it is parents that are themselves fat feeding their kids the exact same things that made them fat and then that kid is obese from the jump making it super hard to ever turn it around. That’s when people say we’ll that’s just our genetics. Nope, it’s you forcing your kid to make the same mistakes you did.

Had a couple with a 2 year old at the bar one day and instead of ordering her actual food they got her a coke, bread roll and two sides of ranch. I mean, that poor kid is just doomed to be fat and she’s two.

Best tool for weight loss is a scalpel and some meth. The scalpel is to cut the fat off and the meth is so ya don’t give a shit you’re doing it.

The woman in that 60 Minutes interview is a liar, and should have her medical license revoked. Remember, these Big Pharma people are the same criminals who kill 100,000 Americans per year, turned us into a nation of heroin addicts, and got filthy f'ing rich teaching us that pain is the 5th vital sign.

It's certainly true that people are more likely to be obese if their parents are obese, just like you're more likely to be poor or uneducated if your parents are, but that's not due to your genetic makeup. How would this woman explain that 50% of black americans are obese, but 0% of africans are obese? Has the american human body evolved that much in the past 150 years that would cause this? Of course not.

You can easily have 2 people eat the exact same things, get the same amount of sleep, and do the same exercise, and have a significant weight difference. But fine, be an a** and ignore the facts.

Define significant and I want you to provide proof of your claim.

Also to add to that - my sister is a dietician at the NIH and works exclusively with young children that are obese and have developed diabetes. Like 15 years ago this kid always came in with a McD’s breakfast and the movie “supersize me” came out about how awful McDonald’s is. Anyway she gave him a tape of it to watch with his family and he came back the next day and my sister asked him what he thought.

He said “Oh man we couldn’t believe it - no McDonalds for me anymore!” She went great, so what was for breakfast today? He proudly said “They took me to Burger King!” 😂 True story and one I find hilarious

Last edited:
There's a billion percent chance JonathanW has his tee ball participation trophy on display in his beige cubicle.

The woman in that 60 Minutes interview is a liar, and should have her medical license revoked. Remember, these Big Pharma people are the same criminals who kill 100,000 Americans per year, turned us into a nation of heroin addicts, and got filthy f'ing rich teaching us that pain is the 5th vital sign.

It's certainly true that people are more likely to be obese if their parents are obese, just like you're more likely to be poor or uneducated if your parents are, but that's not due to your genetic makeup. How would this woman explain that 50% of black americans are obese, but 0% of africans are obese? Has the american human body evolved that much in the past 150 years that would cause this? Of course not.
While like in every aspect of life, there are unfortunately some people in Pharma like you say; and those exceptions are the ones we all hear about. The vast majority of those in Pharma or "big Pharma" as you say, are good people trying to do good things. But you seem to negative and cynical and just too much a plain jerk to see that.

As for your example. You ignore LOTS of additional factors including that many black americans are not 100% decended from Africa as many do have some European genes, and the main point that no one is saying obesity is 100% a result of genetics. But they are an undeniable factor. As are many other things, such as:
- diet (quantity and types of food, even times of day you eat)
- sleep
- exercise levels
- lifestyle (walk to school/work, play video games all day, etc...)
- type of work you do (sedentary/desk, manual labor)

Reactions: august-west
Define significant and I want you to provide proof of your claim.

Also to add to that - my sister is a dietician at the NIH and works exclusively with young children that are obese and have developed diabetes. Like 15 years ago this kid always came in with a McD’s breakfast and the movie “supersize me” came out about how awful McDonald’s is. Anyway she gave him a tape of it to watch with his family and he came back the next day and my sister asked him what he thought.

He said “Oh man we couldn’t believe it - no McDonalds for me anymore!” She went great, so what was for breakfast today? He proudly said “They took me to Burger King!” 😂 True story and one I find hilarious

That's weird. I replied to your "define significant..." line. And the next 2 paragraphs appear, but don't show in your message above. Hmm.

Anyway, I would define significant as say 20 lbs, or 10% bodyweight, or BMI difference of 5.
And as soon as I win the lottery I will invest the money to prove that point.

As for your McD/supersize-me/BK story, that is both funny and sad.

TWhile there may be value in some medications, the true solution to almost any disease is actually rather simple....

- diet
- exercise
- sleep
- stress reduction
- hydration
- etc

False, unless by "almost any disease" you mean "a very limited subset of diseases," and by "the true solution" you mean "it might help a little."

Being healthy improves all health outcomes, while being obese makes them all worse. This isn’t a controversial take at all.

If (god forbid) you got a cancer diagnosis, would you feel more positive about your outlook if you weighed 400 pounds, or if you were fit and lean and healthy?

Reactions: Jerry With A G
Being healthy improves all health outcomes, while being obese makes them all worse. This isn’t a controversial take at all.

If (god forbid) you got a cancer diagnosis, would you feel more positive about your outlook if you weighed 400 pounds, or if you were fit and lean and healthy?

That's an entirely different claim from what you wrote previously. I guess it's wise of you to backtrack.

That's weird. I replied to your "define significant..." line. And the next 2 paragraphs appear, but don't show in your message above. Hmm.

Anyway, I would define significant as say 20 lbs, or 10% bodyweight, or BMI difference of 5.
And as soon as I win the lottery I will invest the money to prove that point.

As for your McD/supersize-me/BK story, that is both funny and sad.

Sure, 20lbs or 10% body weight. I’m not talking about a naturally scrawny dude with chicken legs versus a bigger dude, where they are both in shape but built different. The whole convo was talking about taking a weight loss injection medicine. If two guys eat, exercise, sleep the same one won’t need to be on a weight loss medicine and the other thin. I completely disagree with you, and the 60 mins “doctor”, there. People have different body types, sure. But I don’t think 2 people that have the same exact habits but different body types will result in one guy being thin and healthy and another obese, with diabetes, and needing his health insurance to prescribe him a regular injection to lose weight. I find that ridiculous, frankly. And that’s what they were trying to push on that segment.

That's an entirely different claim from what you wrote previously. I guess it's wise of you to backtrack.

Backtrack on what??

- excercise/active lifestyke
- less stress
- eat better
- hydrate

Things you can actually control. These behaviors will improve your health outcomes against any and all disease/illness/etc.

Improving outcomes isn't nearly the same as "the true solution to any disease" (your words that I bolded because that's a ridiculous overstatement).

Reactions: JonathanW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT