ADVERTISEMENT

Mounjaro/Ozempic weight loss

I’ve heard about this drug - what’s the deal with it? A diabetic drug they curbs appetite or something?

I was put on Ozempic a couple of years ago and it made me so sick I had to stop.

I’ve heard about this drug - what’s the deal with it? A diabetic drug they curbs appetite or something?
It’s really weird how it works but yes I noticed the difference in appetite changed in a 24 hours and sometimes you just forget to eat for a couple days. It’s really something how much weight you can lose, one of our secretaries lost over 50 lbs in 8 months and has changed her life

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
It’s really weird how it works but yes I noticed the difference in appetite changed in a 24 hours and sometimes you just forget to eat for a couple days. It’s really something how much weight you can lose, one of our secretaries lost over 50 lbs in 8 months and has changed her life
That doesn’t sound healthy at all, nor smart.

Being obese will shorten your life by 20 years too, or worse.

Thought I saw or heard drs were recently told to stop prescribing insulin for weight loss because it was straining the supply

Forgetting to eat for 2 days for someone that is obese/overweight would be a huge shock to their system. That is one massive extreme to the other. Also doesn’t sound healthy that a drug that’s supposed to regulate insulin causes your brain to not crave life extending food 😂. How everyone just keeps going along with big pharma is incredible to me. Only reason I’ve heard about this drug is because I read an article where a bunch of Hollywood actors are starting to take it to stay thin. Just has “oh, oops, didn’t realize opioids were addictive sorry!” Or “oh, oops, didn’t realize the 8th booster for 14 year old males would hurt their heart!” Written all over it to me.

Being obese will shorten your life by 20 years too, or worse.

Thought I saw or heard drs were recently told to stop prescribing insulin for weight loss because it was straining the supply
Ozempic has weight loss indication with or without type 2 diabetes is why so many people are using it. The managed care plans are letting people have it if their BMI meets the criteria, looks as if to me they want people to lose weight since it will be more cost effective for them not having all the issues associated with being overweight or obese. Smart plan for them imo 🍺

So my actual career is to make people in better shape. There are no miracles or drugs that will do it unless you exercises 3-5x a week, burn more calories than you eat and just stop being a bit lazy.

You HAVE to work. No anything will substitute that and you’ll feel mentally better as well.

Hopefully you're not using valuable diabetic medication for purely weight loss purposes.
Oh, it’s happening. I’m diabetic and missed my last week supply because it was on back order. It’s happened a few times, with the strain on the supply secondary to off label prescribing for weight loss.

• Sad
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Even if you lose weight you’ll still look like flabby shit with no definition.
Most of us in my age group could care less about definition and a beach body. The point is losing weight is overall much healthier for our heart,knees,ankles whatever. We don’t have have to take HGH,Test,and steroids so keep rippin that definition in the mirror 🍺

No one has to take that. You need to not just think a drug and no work will do it though. You have to put work in, sorry that’s not what you want to hear but you eating fast food or takeout every day isn’t going to work.

Reactions: J_Dee and chroix
Ozempic has weight loss indication with or without type 2 diabetes is why so many people are using it. The managed care plans are letting people have it if their BMI meets the criteria, looks as if to me they want people to lose weight since it will be more cost effective for them not having all the issues associated with being overweight or obese. Smart plan for them imo 🍺
And who benefits the most from what you just described? The person shoving some pill down their throat because they may lose some weight in the short term or the pharmacy company that promotes its product for multiple uses?

Rogue is right. There really is no “miracle” pill that will work long term or health wise that takes the place of discipline and hard work. But hey, do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Even the most mundane pharmaceutical will have some sort of side effect long term. Rogue is right. Put in the work. It ain’t just about being skinny.

Just wondering who is using and how much weight you or someone you know have lost. I’ve been using it for five weeks and lost 19 lbs so far 🍺
How much is this costing you? A buddy of mine asked his PCP and it was going to be $600/ month after insurance paid their portion. His PCP suggested he go to a dietitian to perhaps get a better price but they are booked out for 6 months. A lot of obese individuals out there.

If it really works as well as "advertised" I understand the off label usage for those folks so obese they can't even yet exercise. Otherwise I don't think it should happen because it's too much strain on supply for people that are in dire need of it's on label usage

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
How much is this costing you? A buddy of mine asked his PCP and it was going to be $600/ month after insurance paid their portion. His PCP suggested he go to a dietitian to perhaps get a better price but they are booked out for 6 months. A lot of obese individuals out there.
It’s covered on my insurance plan, the copay is $10 for 4 injection pens a month. I’m taking Mounjaro but Ozempic is covered on every plan out there almost.
There are a couple others out there so have your friend check his formulary plan on what is covered and what isn’t. Hope he gets locked in, it’s a game changer for the majority 🍺

Reactions: birdforbogey
If it really works as well as "advertised" I understand the off label usage for those folks so obese they can't even yet exercise. Otherwise I don't think it should happen because it's too much strain on supply for people that are in dire need of it's on label usage
So far to my understanding Ozempic is the only formulation with the weight loss indication and the Mounjaro manufactured by Lilly has already applied for the secondary indication of weight loss. When they get that and if you’ve got a few dollars laying around buy some stock in Lilly. Conservative estimate outlooks reveal median $30 billion a year drug since you drop weight faster than on it compared to Ozempic 💰🍺

Last edited:
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
So far to my understanding Ozempic is the only formulation with the weight loss indication and the Mounjaro manufactured by Lilly has already applied for the secondary indication of weight loss. When they get that and if you’ve got a few dollars laying around buy some stock in Lilly. Conservative estimate outlooks reveal median $30 billion a year drug since you drop weight faster than on it compared to Ozempic 💰🍺
So you’ve now gone from a quick easy method for weight loss to a quick easy buck…..as they say on tMB “user name checks out”

• Haha
Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT