ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch addresses Cal situation

At what point will the president step in and get rid of them both?
I've said this a lot over the last few days. At a giant public research university like this it's not a priority for the president to get involved and go over the AD's head to take care of it. There quite a few things on the balance sheet that make more money for UK than basketball.

Reactions: KTBFFH92
What a bunch of horse crap. Not surprised at all really. Mitch doesn’t have the balls to do anything.

Has to be the last one right? No way his ass survives another.

Cal will still be coaching when a lot of us are dead. Some will die of old age, others of broken hearts, while many of us will die on consumption of too much alcohol and the remainder will commit Hari Kari due to the Shame of being UK fans.

The Calipari buttlickers shall inherit the earth and Kentucky Fandom.

Remember when Pitino flipped off the crowd? Now we have almost the same thing, just not with an actual finger but by the actions of the AD and Cal! Geez!!!

I was there for that...Sophomore/Jr year of college IIRC. Was really weird seeing RP give the bird to Rupp.

I'd still have him back tomorrow...lol.

After all the speculation and rumors, if this is all he puts out there…oh boy. It would be one big PR blunder.
It's what you get for believing internet RUMORS started by people who don't know jack shit, but it fits your position so you buy into them,,, ALL. Then when all of the rumors you wanted to be truths ends up just that, rumors, you end up sad and disappointed. Moral of the story : don't believe everything you read on the internet because you want it to be true.

Last edited:
I'm not speechless very often. But when I read that statement, I just shook my head. What do you say to it? Not only does he keep him, but doesn't say anything else?

I said in another post that Cal has done several things that were questionable which should have been red flags to somebody in charge. The most recent is him ADMITTING that he started 2 players over 2 others that deserved it, because he didn't want to hurt their feelings. Forget that the 2 players EARNED the right. Who in their right mind does NOT start two of the best on the team? But who starts is not the main issue in this thread. It's the fact that Cal is STILL HERE and he's NOT GOING TO CHANGE A DAMM THING! WHAT DOES CAL HAVE TO DO TO BE FIRED? Apparently he can do anything (or NOT do anything) he wants. 🤬🤬See, this has got me cussing now!🤣🤣 Sorry for the caps (yelling), but I am beyond loudly raging now. I am developing that silent rage.😡😡

I guess I'm in shock. See, I'm an accountant (retired) and I am used to thinking mostly black/white with a little grey in there...and logic. There is nothing logical about any of this. Apparently, the "right people" were not pissed enough to do something, anything. I'm surprised he didn't get a raise...he didn't did he?!🤣

Once again, thank you to everyone for letting me rant and ramble. I need to go take my blood pressure meds now.

G'night!!💙💙

If you were told at the beginning of this year we would lose 10 games and not win a single tournament game in either the SEC or NCAA you would think the same……YET!!!
It’s absolutely mind boggling how good we looked early in the year before the bigs got healthy. I told my nephew..”they pass the ball like an nba team”…and it ultimately didn’t amount to anything…no post season win..NOT EVEN ONE!

I was thinking Cal had UK by the balls, but it's actually UK and Cal have the FANS by the balls...OUCH. Without fan support there is no Kentucky basketball. But they know we'll watch every game, fill Rupp arena, stand in line for autographs, buy merchandise, NIL etc......until we don't. Don't see that happening.

It's what yiu get for believing internet RUMORS started by people who don't know jack shit, but it fits your position so you buy into them,,, ALL. Then when all of the rumors you wanted to be truths ends up juat that, rumors, you end up sad and disappointed. Moral of the story : don't believe everything you read on the internet because you want it to be true.
Cool story, glad you can read minds.

Very informative tweet by Mitch!!!!
Actually, I think its pretty significant for Mitch to do this.. He is making a public shot across Calipari's bow.. He wants it out there, that Calipari almost got fired, and he is expecting changes.

I know most folks here don't like Mitch. (I do most of the time.)... But in this case, the fact he made the statement is more important than what he said... or more importantly didn't say.

Emotional me, would have fired Calipari after Covid 9-16 and St Pete loss. But its a big big deal to fire Calipari, who is a HOF coach, NC coach, and winningest active coach..

I'm not speechless very often. But when I read that statement, I just shook my head. What do you say to it? Not only does he keep him, but doesn't say anything else?

I said in another post that Cal has done several things that were questionable which should have been red flags to somebody in charge. The most recent is him ADMITTING that he started 2 players over 2 others that deserved it, because he didn't want to hurt their feelings. Forget that the 2 players EARNED the right. Who in their right mind does NOT start two of the best on the team? But who starts is not the main issue in this thread. It's the fact that Cal is STILL HERE and he's NOT GOING TO CHANGE A DAMM THING! WHAT DOES CAL HAVE TO DO TO BE FIRED? Apparently he can do anything (or NOT do anything) he wants. 🤬🤬See, this has got me cussing now!🤣🤣 Sorry for the caps (yelling), but I am beyond loudly raging now. I am developing that silent rage.😡😡

I guess I'm in shock. See, I'm an accountant (retired) and I am used to thinking mostly black/white with a little grey in there...and logic. There is nothing logical about any of this. Apparently, the "right people" were not pissed enough to do something, anything. I'm surprised he didn't get a raise...he didn't did he?!🤣

Once again, thank you to everyone for letting me rant and ramble. I need to go take my blood pressure meds now.

G'night!!💙💙
MB is a feckless cuckold. And a complete idiot for the reckless contract he offered JC. They both suck. Sadly we are stuck with them.

It’s absolutely mind boggling how good we looked early in the year before the bigs got healthy. I told my nephew..”they pass the ball like an nba team”…and it ultimately didn’t amount to anything…no post season win..NOT EVEN ONE!
I was thinking the exact same thing...how good we looked early!! That's what got my hopes up. I should have known better. Especially because Cal loves his bigs. But the early period was really fun to watch!!!

EDIT: I was just thinking that if Cal was observing the season as a coach should do...he would see what we saw. How much better we were before all three bigs got back. I did kinda like Z, but Cal didn't give him much of a chance. But Cal wouldn't notice anything that he didn't think of.

This is a 10-year run, then I'll pass it on to somebody else to keep this program going, because it's so important to this state. I'm not the kind of guy who could retire on the job, who'd just stay to get paid. I'm not doing it for numbers or to pass everyone's win record.

• Sad
Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT