ADVERTISEMENT

Oweh commits

I’m gbYou have to realize when you get the top 3 defensive players in the portal who also fit exactly the offensive schemes pope runs that has to mean he’s missed all of the players he wants
Indigenous People Hawaii GIF by GIPHY News

Pope is so far ahead of everybody it’s hilarious. Even their shooting numbers benefit his style. It’s funny watching so many Miss it. But a happy “you rascals let pope cook” type of funny.
Yea... Watching guys talk about analytics with shooting percent and all the different measures... It's pretty clear Pope is looking at things as more of an OC for football.

Reactions: UKBloke
Great to see Pope get another player, One thing for sure we will not be pushed around next season. Just give him time to get his offense players.

I agree. But adapting is inherently a fall back position which means you agree he didn't get his top targets. That was my initial point all along.

Pretty crazy how much sunshine is pumped that people can barely admit this very obvious fact.

All these things can be and are true: 1) he had no experience in high level recruiting/portal chase 2) he missed his top guys 3) he can adapt 4) we can still be good.
I don’t necessarily agree that it’s a fallback, but I do see your point on this. My apologies for not being clearer in my thought process.
I feel he’s deliberately building a solid defensive foundation. FOR the offensive scheme. He may have missed out on a player or two but I believe he is far from done.

While I’m excited about the direction this is going, I also hope people realize it will take time to rebuild the culture. I want to win, I want us to be on top of the college basketball world again. But Mark will have to prove himself that this job isn’t too big for him, that he can handle all the ins and outs. I think he can and I believe our future is a lot brighter than it was a month ago.
I also don’t think people realize how badly our program was damaged. Mark has a lot of work to undo what’a been done

I’m so sorry for rambling here .. blame it on the cold meds and zofran

Of course. But surely you agree his focus is on shooting which he emphasized in his PC. These three do not fit that mold.

He can still make it work but I see no way around the fact these guys weren't his top targets.
with everything that is going on I don't think we know who Popes real top targets are and maybe that's for the best. Pope could be the magic man, using mis direction. If reports are true and JJ is offering double nii why not put out fake news on who we want.

Reactions: ORCAT10
I agree. But adapting is inherently a fall back position which means you agree he didn't get his top targets. That was my initial point all along.

Pretty crazy how much sunshine is pumped that people can barely admit this very obvious fact.

All these things can be and are true: 1) he had no experience in high level recruiting/portal chase 2) he missed his top guys 3) he can adapt 4) we can still be good.
What top guys has Pope missed on?
You have no insight into what our coaching staff has prioritized as top players, stop posting as if you know something, it’s annoying as hell

Reactions: thack_kat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT