ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Boykin

Not sure about his visit per say but he did tweet out that he's releasing his top 3 soon so has to be a decent sign after leaving here.

Both UK and UL play Auburn early this coming season. We will see who plays well against Auburn soon enough.

Reactions: mattrudd
The kid passes the eye test. UL's DC probably helps them. Not sure what "Auburn of the ACC" means.
The most "win at all costs" school in the conference? Seriously, they are both scumbag schools and both recently had superstar QB's that were paid to go to their school. But since the NCAA is worthless now, it pays to cheat. That's how UL has advanced their football program.

He said Louisville was the Auburn of the ACC. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Seriously....which team should be the most insulted?
[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

I like it. We have a chance to beat the "...Auburn of the SEC..." and the "...Auburn of the ACC..." in the same year.

Also, I don't believe for a moment that Boykin came up with this UL/Auburn association on his own.

This gives us some insight to the UL recruiting pitch. That is, "...when you look at our program and record over the last few years, it's comparable, for example, to Auburn in the SEC..." so, "...if you want to be a part of a program that is the caliber of Auburn, Louisville is the right place to be looking..."

On one level, it ticks me off that they are racheting up their own program status with this false comparison and the suggestion that the two programs are on a comparable level, but I also give them credit. Most high school kids and their parents, when presented with just W/L records and their recent success in the draft, are not going to be sophisticated enough to recognize the fallacy.

Auburn is still on his list? Does that make Auburn his favorite?

Would make the most sense. Why go to "Auburn of the ACC" when you can just go to uh... Auburn? The actual Auburn.
Honestly, I dunno what Auburn of the ACC means. They don't have a similar offense, they don't have a similar defense, they don't recruit similar talent, they don't have a similar history.

So I'm gonna go with him comparing them in terms of the things that they'll do to win.

Reactions: brianpoe
The most "win at all costs" school in the conference? Seriously, they are both scumbag schools and both recently had superstar QB's that were paid to go to their school. But since the NCAA is worthless now, it pays to cheat. That's how UL has advanced their football program.
What UL QB was paid to go to school? Anything outside of his scholarship is just total BS by you.

Reactions: meta flash
^^^ Probably making an assumption based on the Hurtt/Bridgewater Miami relationship...

What UL QB was paid to go to school? Anything outside of his scholarship is just total BS by you.
Dont act stupid. Clint. Hurtt. He was paying players to come to Miami and got Bridgewater to commit there in the middle of all that mess. Then Hurtt runs to UL when the trail was hot and brings Bridgewater with him and Teddy even admitted he didn't even know where Louisville was. Yea, that doesn't sound fishy does it!

Dont act stupid. Clint. Hurtt. He was paying players to come to Miami and got Bridgewater to commit there in the middle of all that mess. Then Hurtt runs to UL when the trail was hot and brings Bridgewater with him and Teddy even admitted he didn't even know where Louisville was. Yea, that doesn't sound fishy does it!
Before Jauk weighs in again, there's absolutely no proof of any wrong doing regarding Bridgewater to Louisville.

I wonder whether UK offered here. Bannerman has committed and there is a Juco DLineman UK may be pursuing. Our numbers are limited.

I wonder whether UK offered here. Bannerman has committed and there is a Juco DLineman UK may be pursuing. Our numbers are limited.

It looks like we backed off a while ago. I think the coaches would have taken him if he wanted to commit sooner but, once we got better options willing to commit, we took them. He ended up being plan C or D

Not sure if they did, but we only have 3 spots left.

I think all 3 are for the D side I think they want Smith, Henderson and a LBer...pure speculation on my part.

^^^My thinking also.^^^
He was on UK campus visiting just a couple days ago. Late push that fell short, or was he told he no longer has a committable offer? Nobody knows, so it's silly to speculate. Judging from his size & offer list, I'm sure Louisville is pleased to get his commitment. It's a long time until February, though.

It looks like we backed off a while ago. I think the coaches would have taken him if he wanted to commit sooner but, once we got better options willing to commit, we took them. He ended up being plan C or D
Isn't that always the excuse? The kid spent the whole day in Lexington last Friday then went to Louisville on Saturday. I guess that's because he had no other options except Auburn. :flush:

He was on UK campus visiting just a couple days ago. Late push that fell short, or was he told he no longer has a committable offer? Nobody knows, so it's silly to speculate. Judging from his size & offer list, I'm sure Louisville is pleased to get his commitment. It's a long time until February, though.

When UK fans on a UK site are trying to figure out what positions are still being recruited it only appears silly to UL fans who cannot stay away. Seriously.

Isn't that always the excuse? The kid spent the whole day in Lexington last Friday then went to Louisville on Saturday. I guess that's because he had no other options except Auburn. :flush:

So what? Do you know how many kids spent their whole day in Lex on Friday? I seriously think the staff was keeping the connection, but there is simply no spot for him. Why does that hurt your feelings so much that you feel so defensive?

So what? Do you know how many kids spent their whole day in Lex on Friday? I seriously think the staff was keeping the connection, but there is simply no spot for him. Why does that hurt your feelings so much that you feel so defensive?
It doesn't hurt my feelings. I just think it's funny whenever Louisville gets a kid that was also offered by UK, the excuse is always made that the offer was pulled. None of us know the reasons, the kid made the best choice for him and his family.

Reactions: clyono
I think the UK coaches would have been glad to get him. UofL got this one. Congrats to them. Kentucky has certainly won their fair share over them since Stoops was hired. Not going to win them all.

I think the UK coaches would have been glad to get him. UofL got this one. Congrats to them. Kentucky has certainly won their fair share over them since Stoops was hired. Not going to win them all.

Very Good Points and from looking at the Auburn Site he was theirs to lose but they waited to long to give him an Commitable offer-(last second Commitable) and Louisville made him feel like a priority.

As for UK you guys are fine at DE/OLB...hopefully for Louisville it holds up until NSD...Like I said in another thread a Verbal only means you are the current leader

Reactions: boowee
It doesn't hurt my feelings. I just think it's funny whenever Louisville gets a kid that was also offered by UK, the excuse is always made that the offer was pulled. None of us know the reasons, the kid made the best choice for him and his family.

But it is also funny that you find it impossible to believe he did not currently have an offer from UK. If that is true, you push back just because you are a Card fan.

Reactions: RocknRollCats

I think they would have been happy had he committed before Bannerman. There is a reason why Bannerman jumped on the bus when he did.

Don't think Boykin and Bannerman project to the same position. Besides, I think UK is still looking into taking another DE/jack anyway. I'm sure it seems like I am taking up for UofL, but they got a nice player here. UK has done very well also and will be just fine with what they are bringing in with this class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT