ADVERTISEMENT

Did Wagner practice today?

Just with resent comments about injuries I really don’t expect DJ or Mitchel either one to play against Vandy.

Sharpe didn’t play us. Cal did.
Wrong. Cal had nothing to gain there, other than the embarrassment of admitting he/we got played. I understand the anger at him letting that happen and not calling the player/agent out. But clearly the player/agent is who made the decision.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I really question what goes on behind the scenes to have the amount of injuries UK has had the last 3.5 years. Taking out all the other bs, how does this happen at this rate? Injuries are part of the game, but I’ve seen full on contact sports not suffer this many injuries.

It’s an absolute miracle that the 2012 team was able to stay healthy.

It's the minutes all these guys are playing. We're wearing them out by the time February shows up.

I understood more with Wallace and Grady. Not a deep team.

This team I got when all the 7's were out, but not anymore. And not for our guards

Reactions: WildcatNC
Wrong. Cal had nothing to gain there, other than the embarrassment of admitting he/we got played. I understand the anger at him letting that happen and not calling the player/agent out. But clearly the player/agent is who made the decision.
Yeah, you could be right. Just not happy with Cal right now. I consistently blamed Sharpe and his people through that season.

I can't help but recall that Wagner really (according to many) almost flipped to UofL. He had several CB picks to them in the final few weeks.

He was a UK lock since 8th grade. His dad played for Cal, and we still need a bit of a last minute push to get him here, over hapless UofL?

Feels to me like he was never really committed here, or to Cal for that matter, to even be thinking of going there. Dude could gave committed year months prior for what many thought was as close to am automatic commit there is. And yet it still feels like we had to pull out all the stops to finalize it.

I can't help but recall that Wagner really (according to many) almost flipped to UofL. He had several CB picks to them in the final few weeks.

He was a UK lock since 8th grade. His dad played for Cal, and we still need a bit of a last minute push to get him here, over hapless UofL?

Feels to me like he was never really committed here, or to Cal for that matter, to even be thinking of going there. Dude could gave committed year months prior for what many thought was as close to am automatic commit there is. And yet it still feels like we had to pull out all the stops to finalize it.
DJ was a done deal to UK forever. The only speed bump was UL hiring his gramp’s great friend and then his Gramp getting hired to the staff. That is why the couple picks were UL. Those guys had no knowledge but just guessed because of those circumstances.

DJ was a done deal to UK forever. The only speed bump was UL hiring his gramp’s great friend and then his Gramp getting hired to the staff. That is why the couple picks were UL. Those guys had no knowledge but just guessed because of those circumstances.

I think you could be right. Maybe he was UK all along. But I don't think we know that either. A lot of people here asked, rightfully, "what is taking DJ so long to commit?"

I wonder if he wasn't weighing his options to the very end, trying to find the "highest bidder" so to speak.

Not saying this is true, I'm not pretending to know this to be the case.. more just thinking about it.

I think BOTH had a hand in it, but much more so Sharpe and his camp. Cal just wanted the draft pick to put on his resume, without pissing off the Sharpe camp, and held out hope that he might get the Sharpe Camp's permission to play him. Sharpe was concerned about one thing only: the June draft. I hope Sharpe's career is short-lived and that he runs into trouble, because he's going to get it rubbed really good into that poopy grin of his.

Can we stop with the revisionist history about Vanderbilt? He was legitimately hurt and it caused him to miss his entire first NBA season.
Thank you. That is the most annoying thing I see posted here still to this day. JV was nothing like the Sharpe BS.

Reactions: ganner918
Wagner suddenly down with a ankle injury after Reed runs the point to a comeback win. Yeah, sure.
This and all of the other stupid post regarding Wagner quitting or insinuating he is not really hurt are exactly what is wrong with SOME of our fanbase. Even a few have been bitching about Mitchell. Wagner has been playing on an injured ankle pretty much the whole year. If you haven't noticed, he gets hardly any lift off of it. And you can just watch Mitchell and notice he is not moving normal.
Maybe just for once, this fanbase can show just a little bit of sympathy for guys trying to get it out and playing thru pain. But probably not, some people have to be negative about EVERYTHING when things are not going good.

This and all of the other stupid post regarding Wagner quitting or insinuating he is not really hurt are exactly what is wrong with SOME of our fanbase. Even a few have been bitching about Mitchell. Wagner has been playing on an injured ankle pretty much the whole year. If you haven't noticed, he gets hardly any lift off of it. And you can just watch Mitchell and notice he is not moving normal.
Maybe just for once, this fanbase can show just a little bit of sympathy for guys trying to get it out and playing thru pain. But probably not, some people have to be negative about EVERYTHING when things are not going good.
This is a logical post however Cal has created an environment where everything is suspect. Guys who had a slight ankle sprain being out half the season or more, or “I haven’t seen him”, or he’s sick but then travels and sits on the bench laughing having a good time while the team is getting beat etc. Cal created an environment where no one believes him nor should they. So when the injury excuse is used everyone reacts, again.

Last edited:
The injuries ALWAYS happen to occur around the tough parts of.our schedule. Calipari has allowed the culture of ducking these tough opponents and giving a pre built excuse for poor play IF a guy does decide to try to play thrrougj the "injury". This much is obvious to anyone who follows Kentucky basketball.

Almost every team battles through injuries every season. If you start losing, injuries get blamed. If you fight thru them, they're a footnote. I think Mizzou is missing like 5 guys right now.

We're gonna cry about officiating, cry about injuries, cry about coaching, substitutions, etc. Why? Because we care so much. The truth is injuries are not the issue. Excessive roster turnover is the biggest problem.

Yes, everyone deals with it. But not the 6-8 clubs with a legit chance at a title. They add 1-2 key pcs to a seasoned TEAM and if they get lucky ... the magic happens.

This is a logical post however Cal has created an environment where everything is suspect. Guys who had a slight ankle sprain bring out half the season or more, or “I haven’t seen him”, or he’s sick but then travels and sits on the bench laughing having a good time while the team is getting beat etc. Cal created an environment where no one believes him nor should they. So when the injury excuse is used everyone reacts, again.
I agree. BUT, when you can see the kids are obviously fighting thru injuries DURING the game, I have to believe what my eyes are seeing, not a coach who likes to "hide" issues. IF I didn't notice Wagner and Mitchell clearly not moving as they normally do, I could maybe see some posters point of view. Wagner has actually battled this ankle injury for a while now, he has tried to play thru it and his play has suffered because of it, same with Mitchell. With Mitchell he has had back to back uncharacteristic games. You can tell something is bothering him, his movement up and down the court is slow, and his shots are way off.
I do not remember the game, but when Wagner had a break away fast break and jumped to lay it in (not even dunk), and he went up awkwardly, I knew something was bothering him. i get it, Cal has been very secret about player issues, but in these cases, people need to cut the PLAYERS some slack. Maybe actually taking some games off will help Wagner in the long run, continuing to play on a bad ankle will only cause more problems. get him 100%, Mitchell 100%, Theiro seems like he may finally be healthy, lets roll and finish strong.

Reactions: Skyguyb27
Almost every team battles through injuries every season. If you start losing, injuries get blamed. If you fight thru them, they're a footnote. I think Mizzou is missing like 5 guys right now.

We're gonna cry about officiating, cry about injuries, cry about coaching, substitutions, etc. Why? Because we care so much. The truth is injuries are not the issue. Excessive roster turnover is the biggest problem.

Yes, everyone deals with it. But not the 6-8 clubs with a legit chance at a title. They add 1-2 key pcs to a seasoned TEAM and if they get lucky ... the magic happens.
I guess you haven't kept up with Uconn...

I would say yes. He has to get ready for the draft
Oh look, A Kentucky fans shitting on a Kentucky player implying he’s not hurt but is preparing for the draft. Oh poor victim, a player you don’t give a single damn about won’t be able to entertain you tonight. If only there were a way for you to get a life.

The same people who think all of these guys are just randomly injured, are the same people who think the referees are incompetent, instead of controlling the games for the sports gambling industry!

Y’all are wild in your denial of these situations 😭

He's more committed to UK than you and I are. And for that matter has done more for UK than you and I have. And finally, is more important to UK than you and I are.

Oh look, A Kentucky fans shitting on a Kentucky player implying he’s not hurt but is preparing for the draft. Oh poor victim, a player you don’t give a single damn about won’t be able to entertain you tonight. If only there were a way for you to get a life.
They aren't a Kentucky fan, Took a shot at Jared Vanderbilt too. Just a miserable person is all.

Kids today are soft I can remember Jeff Sheppard playing on a bad ankle.
Not every bad ankle is the same and not everyone has the same ability to play through it. I remember this board praising Brock Bowers for coming back so quickly from his ankle injury. Well what happened? It turned out he rushed his comeback and had to sit out again after he re-injured it.

The times of guys just pushing through and potentially having life long consequences from smaller injuries are over. That's not a toughness thing, it's a change in the way medical staffs approach injuries to make sure players are fully healed.

Also, there is video of him rolling it in a game......

so he plays through it and gets crushed for getting blocked and not finishing at the rim because he has not lift off of it. Then, he tries to rest it so he can be close to 100% and gets crushed as a quitter.

This is without question the stupidest timeline.....

The same people who think all of these guys are just randomly injured, are the same people who think the referees are incompetent, instead of controlling the games for the sports gambling industry!

Y’all are wild in your denial of these situations 😭
Do you think refs control games for gambling? And do you think Wagner and Mitchell actually aren’t hurt?

Not every bad ankle is the same and not everyone has the same ability to play through it. I remember this board praising Brock Bowers for coming back so quickly from his ankle injury. Well what happened? It turned out he rushed his comeback and had to sit out again after he re-injured it.

The times of guys just pushing through and potentially having life long consequences from smaller injuries are over. That's not a toughness thing, it's a change in the way medical staffs approach injuries to make sure players are fully healed.
Come gather 'round people for the team that you cheer
and order up now another cold beer
and admit today's players are soft as a cloud
they refuse to go out and make the fans proud

The team is in trouble ,the program is broke
we can't play defense ,our coach is a joke
for the times they are a changin'

We have to be realistic and understand that today's game is different too. For players projected anywhere in the draft, there is a life changing amount of money on the line. In DJ's case, where he has been battling the ankle for a while and re-injured it .... we have depth and risking further trouble makes no sense for him or us.

Obviously one or both will sit Saturday. If Tre isn't ready, that might be best. Hope Z and Jason are ready for 20 and 12 minutes each. DJ would be a big help. But most coaches will say ..... we'll play with who we got.

Wagner got his feels hurt. Bet Cal didn't like it, either.
Imagine being a grown man pretending to be a woman on a message board and constantly making up lies about players because you don’t like the coach.

Tell me more about DJ getting his feelings hurt? When and why did this happen? Where did you get this info from? Oh wait, you made it up. Seek counseling dude, you’re just weird.

You have no connections to the program but DJ got his feelings hurt and Cal didn’t like it. Yeah, OK.

Some people apparently think their entertainment is justification for a player to risk his future.

The audience has a real claim to the player's body?

One of the most entertaining and talented players of all time -- the baseball pitcher Mark Fidrych -- destroyed his career by coming back too soon from an injury.

This kind of thing is absolutely front and center in Calipari's Players First philosophy.

The crowd's rooting interest beats the player's own interest in his well-being?

Nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT