ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Boykin

It doesn't hurt my feelings. I just think it's funny whenever Louisville gets a kid that was also offered by UK, the excuse is always made that the offer was pulled. None of us know the reasons, the kid made the best choice for him and his family.

In this case I'd bet we wanted this guy and UL just won out.

As to us "always" using the excuse the offer was pulled when UL beats us for a recruit...you aren't the only one that thinks that dynamic is funny. I read the UL boards and that mindset is beyond a common occurrence from 90% of your posters.

Especially so every time we win an instate recruiting battle these days. Kash Daniels is the latest prime example. For the vast majority of your posters the norm is the mantra of UL not really wanting him and that UL always chooses to take a second or third tier Florida or Georgia or Alabama or South Carolina player over any Kentucky kid.

Same diatribe the last couple years when we signed Barker, Middleton, Hatcher, Tubman, Elam from Kentucky and a bunch of others from Ohio. Fact of the matter is their isn't a lot of talent in Kentucky year in,and out but we are owning you for what talent their is with very few exceptions. And for a srate like Kentucky you build a program long term by locking down your state. I'll take these dynamics currently in play.

Enjoy the win on this one..on to the next one.

Don't think Boykin and Bannerman project to the same position. Besides, I think UK is still looking into taking another DE/jack anyway. I'm sure it seems like I am taking up for UofL, but they got a nice player here. UK has done very well also and will be just fine with what they are bringing in with this class.

He appears to be a very good commit. And, JDrummond said he passes the eye test.

In this case I'd bet we wanted this guy and UL just won out.

As to us "always" using the excuse the offer was pulled when UL beats us for a recruit...you aren't the only one that thinks that dynamic is funny. I read the UL boards and that mindset is beyond a common occurrence from 90% of your posters.

Especially so every time we win an instate recruiting battle these days. Kash Daniels is the latest prime example. For the vast majority of your posters the norm is the mantra of UL not really wanting him and that UL always chooses to take a second or third tier Florida or Georgia or Alabama or South Carolina player over any Kentucky kid.

Same diatribe the last couple years when we signed Barker, Middleton, Hatcher, Tubman, Elam from Kentucky and a bunch of others from Ohio. Fact of the matter is their isn't a lot of talent in Kentucky year in,and out but we are owning you for what talent their is with very few exceptions. And for a srate like Kentucky you build a program long term by locking down your state. I'll take these dynamics currently in play.

Enjoy the win on this one..on to the next one.

Well, I know that I do not "always" use an excuse. It is not that big a deal. But, I love all the PC love on this issue. Makes me smile.

It doesn't hurt my feelings. I just think it's funny whenever Louisville gets a kid that was also offered by UK, the excuse is always made that the offer was pulled. None of us know the reasons, the kid made the best choice for him and his family.

It works both ways. Louisville fans do the same exact thing. As for making the best choice, that's debatable. He made the choice that brings him the most comfort, that's what counts.

Before Jauk weighs in again, there's absolutely no proof of any wrong doing regarding Bridgewater to Louisville.

Again, it works both ways. We hear the whole "UK pays players" bit, just about every day. There's also no proof or substance to that, but does that stop Louisville fans from saying it? Nah.
It is more fathomable for elite basketball players to go to UK than it was for Teddy Bridgewater to go to Louisville.

Right now Kentucky is according to the experts is recruiting at a never before seen level and if you watched them last year for a young squad they passed the eye test-(in many ways reminded me of the Talent Level of the 2011 Louisville Team...i know shouldn't say it on this board).

According to the Experts Composite Top 20 Class and for Louisville Composite Borderline Top 25 Class-(Rivals 30ish)...both schools are doing well

When UK fans on a UK site are trying to figure out what positions are still being recruited it only appears silly to UL fans who cannot stay away. Seriously.

I think you missed my point....totally. I'm glad we got his commitment, could care less whether you wanted him or not, and realize its early, very early, and none of this matters until signing day.

I think you missed my point....totally. I'm glad we got his commitment, could care less whether you wanted him or not, and realize its early, very early, and none of this matters until signing day.

I do not know whether he ever seriously considered UK.

I do not know whether he ever seriously considered UK.

I don't either....which was really my point, because I don't care. But if you believe what your editor here writes, then kid visited, was offered by UK, while here said he liked UK, and listed UK as one of his 6 finalists. Just before committing, after his visit, he cut his list to 3, and UK allegedly wasn't one of those three. Did he eliminate UK after visiting, or did UK let him know his offer had a contingency?

So, my original post on this matter openly asked that. No sarcasm, no hidden agendas. And BTW, like I said, I don't care. I'm happy he committed to Cards, but pay little attention until signing day. That was my point.

To me it doesn't matter. We did offer and it was commitable at one point so we lose on this one. If we win 6 against ul ever year and only lose 2 we'll be fine.

To me it doesn't matter. We did offer and it was commitable at one point so we lose on this one. If we win 6 against ul ever year and only lose 2 we'll be fine.
According to another recruiting expert with another organization he did not have a commitable offer.

Our staff has 3 spots left all for the D side I think most here know who the staff wants.

There is not a poster saying the kid does not have some level of talent. The fact is he is not the level of talent that UK coaches want. Sure he had an offer at one point but once we started to get better players we stopped communications with him. He is fine but he is not worth a UK scholarship.

I don't know how badly UK wanted him but what is clear from looking at several different sites is that he is rated as a low 3 star prospect. That doesn't mean he won't play like a 5 star recruit but it does mean at this point he doesn't appear to be rated that highly at all. UofL fans should be excited about beating out Auburn for a Georgia recruit and that's about it. Kobe Smith seems to be leaning UK's way and he's a high 3 star recruit and a DT. I would be much more excited about him than Boykin.

I don't know how badly UK wanted him but what is clear from looking at several different sites is that he is rated as a low 3 star prospect. That doesn't mean he won't play like a 5 star recruit but it does mean at this point he doesn't appear to be rated that highly at all. UofL fans should be excited about beating out Auburn for a Georgia recruit and that's about it. Kobe Smith seems to be leaning UK's way and he's a high 3 star recruit and a DT. I would be much more excited about him than Boykin.

Why are you putting so much stock in star rating and especially trying to pick apart the miniscule tenths of a point in the 3 star rating?

Why are you putting so much stock in star rating and especially trying to pick apart the miniscule tenths of a point in the 3 star rating?

Auburn wanted him to visit them this coming weekend and the offer was on the table according to the Auburn 247 site...Louisville was able to secure his commitment...if he was good enough for the Tigers I'm good with it...plus you're correct with the point thing...some put way too much stock in it

Why are you coming over to a UK board to argue with UK fans about a low 3 star recruit? I didn't just look at Rivals but looked at other sites too. Boykin is a low three star recruit. You may want to say that's irrelevant but there is a reason they rank recruits, even if we all know some recruits end up better than the ranking and others end up worse. Over the years, I've noticed 5.7 Rivals three star recruits are more often than not likely to be a good player than a 5.5 three star. Joker and Tee Martin recruited a lot 5.5 three star recruits. That is not to bash all 5.5 and lower recruits because some do great. I just don't know why you are coming over here over this recruit other than the fact you like to pound your chest about UofL to UK fans.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Why are you coming over to a UK board to argue with UK fans about a low 3 star recruit? I didn't just look at Rivals but looked at other sites too. Boykin is a low three star recruit. You may want to say that's irrelevant but there is a reason they rank recruits, even if we all know some recruits end up better than the ranking and others end up worse. Over the years, I've noticed 5.7 Rivals three star recruits are more often than not likely to be a good player than a 5.5 three star. Joker and Tee Martin recruited a lot 5.5 three star recruits. That is not to bash all 5.5 and lower recruits because some do great. I just don't know why you are coming over here over this recruit other than the fact you like to pound your chest about UofL to UK fans.

You're worried about what kind of 3 star is when all you have to look at is his offer sheet. You can throw your star ranking out the window.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Everything I am reading suggests his offer list may not be a reliable reference...

Honestly, both teams are guilty of fans living in denial that their rival beat them for a recruit. This recruit had an offer from UK and had quality offers from a couple of traditional powers. It's a great get. Some Louisville fans do the same thing when we lose an offered recruit to UK and it baffles me. Are we that invested in a sport that we cannot face reality? It's just a game and is not important in the grand scheme of life so why not just admit when a recruit picks another school over your school (and this goes for both fanbases)? If he was offered it means the school thought he was good enough to play scholarship football for them. It's that simple.

Honestly, both teams are guilty of fans living in denial that their rival beat them for a recruit. This recruit had an offer from UK and had quality offers from a couple of traditional powers. It's a great get. Some Louisville fans do the same thing when we lose an offered recruit to UK and it baffles me. Are we that invested in a sport that we cannot face reality? It's just a game and is not important in the grand scheme of life so why not just admit when a recruit picks another school over your school (and this goes for both fanbases)? If he was offered it means the school thought he was good enough to play scholarship football for them. It's that simple.

Agree unless the information comes from a professional and not a fan...In reality, offers are really hard to confirm because and player can say anything and schools cannot comment.

Just checked the Rivals Recruiting Team Rankings and Both schools are Currently in the Top 25....Kentucky at 13th with 20 Commits and Louisville at 23rd with 16...who would have thought this would be the case with Both Schools recruiting according to the So-Called Experts @ this level

I know nothing definite about the offers this kid received but the way this went down I have to wonder if the offer UK was giving him had strings attached. Something like we want you if so and so doesn't commit and sign with us. In other words he was asked to be a back up. This is the feeling I get in this kids recruitment and I seriously doubt he had a committable offer from Auburn that did not have attached strings.

Well according to the Auburn 247 site the offer was on the table but they wanted him to visit this past weekend...he didn't want to wait and took the secure offer.

The player had a lot of P5 offers from very good schools and he passes the look test

Well according to the Auburn 247 site the offer was on the table but they wanted him to visit this past weekend...he didn't want to wait and took the secure offer.

The player had a lot of P5 offers from very good schools and he passes the look test
Usually the offer plus wanting to visit means they want to check him out in person, get measurables, compare to other visitors...if they like you they will come at you, if they don't like what they see they don't push for a thing.

He will probably do just fine...I was under the assumption that he was a stud, but some things I have read recently have me a little confused.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Usually the offer plus wanting to visit means they want to check him out in person, get measurables, compare to other visitors...if they like you they will come at you, if they don't like what they see they don't push for a thing.

He will probably do just fine...I was under the assumption that he was a stud, but some things I have read recently have me a little confused.

Im happy with the commitment...he looks the part but it is up to him and the coaches to get the most out of his talent

A correction on the Rivals Team Recruiting Rankings...Kentucky is currently 13th with 20 Commits and Louisville is 18th with 17 Commits...Both of the Commonwealth Schools are Recruiting at a Level never seen...if the Commitment Hold and both still add it is going to be some Great Games in the Near Future

Are you a Bird Watcher or a Bird Brain, there is nothing miniscule about the tenths of a point in the star rating, a 5.5 could be VERY close to being a two star, and a 5.7 could be VERY close to being a four star. A 5.6 is a solid three star, and there is quite a difference in most 5.5 and 5.7 three stars.

I have no idea why most posters insist on using the MUCH less definitive "star" rating if the decimal rating is available, makes no sense at all to me. Just lazy I guess. And the WORST offender out there is Rivals themselves, that lists the team rankings with a "star" rating, when most ranked teams have close to a 3.0 rating, although they do use the decimal ratings in computing the teams standings, ie another 15 points for each decimal point the commit has above the 15 for a 5.2 commit.

Oh, and by the way, the very few 6.0 four star are MUCH closer to being the freak recruit that a FIVE STAR is than the fairly common 5.8s.

Last edited:
Any kid that would choose UL and the ACC and turn down Kentucky and a chance to play in the best conference in college football the Sec we don't need nor want playing at Kentucky. The Auburn of the ACC? What does that even mean? It sounds insane. I know Card fans want us to be hurt over the fact the kid picked their school over Kentucky, but guess what? We all know with Stoops and his recruiting we will most likely pick up a guy rated near or better than this kid when recruiting ends. Why do i think this? Well with Stoops at Kentucky it seems to happen every single year in recruiting. A low 3 star recruit is nothing special for our program. A high 3 star recruit is actually turning out to be the norm for us nowadays. Obviously we need to start winning some games in the future and build our recruiting even better, but the fact is with Stoops as Kentucky headcoach we will not sweat losing a 3 star recruit to the Cards. We will just continue recruiting and land someone just as good, if not better. Congrats to UL. Let's just hope UL can live up to the Auburn of the ACC talk. haha...sorry.

Any kid that would choose UL and the ACC and turn down Kentucky and a chance to play in the best conference in college football the Sec we don't need nor want playing at Kentucky. The Auburn of the ACC? What does that even mean? It sounds insane. I know Card fans want us to be hurt over the fact the kid picked their school over Kentucky, but guess what? We all know with Stoops and his recruiting we will most likely pick up a guy rated near or better than this kid when recruiting ends. Why do i think this? Well with Stoops at Kentucky it seems to happen every single year in recruiting. A low 3 star recruit is nothing special for our program. A high 3 star recruit is actually turning out to be the norm for us nowadays. Obviously we need to start winning some games in the future and build our recruiting even better, but the fact is with Stoops as Kentucky headcoach we will not sweat losing a 3 star recruit to the Cards. We will just continue recruiting and land someone just as good, if not better. Congrats to UL. Let's just hope UL can live up to the Auburn of the ACC talk. haha...sorry.
Obviously

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT