ADVERTISEMENT

Mass shooting at Old National Bank in Downtown Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another mass shooting in Louisville over the weekend and no one has bumped this thread yet? Surprising. Can’t imagine why.

Yet you’ll conveniently include this in whatever statistics you cherry pick to support your gun control arguments to stop “mass shootings”.
This isn't a mass shooting. The news will report it like this to get clicks and views. It was a fight that was taken outside a restaurant and someone shot people. Cant believe they haven't caught the person involved.

A mass shooting is what has been discussed over the past 20+ pages in this thread. A random shooting aimed at killing as many people as possible.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
So... @Caveman Catfan ...think the Waffle House shooter's dad deserved jail or not?
Are you asking if I agree with the legislation upon which he was charged or whether I think the facts meet the elements of the offense?

The statement to which I responded, if I recall correctly, was a general statement about holding family members responsible. This article is an article not about holding a father criminally liable for the murders, but for the transfer of the gun to a person known to have been institutionalized within the past five years.

@JDHoss , this is different that your Waffle House case

I would like to see some states experiment with criminal liability for the family of shooters in situations where it is clear the individual was disturbed and the family never got the shooter help or otherwise intervened. This asshole apparently lived with his parents in his 30s. I hope the police have some very pointed questions for them.

Last edited:
I would like to see some states experiment with criminal liability for the family of shooters in situations where it is clear the individual was disturbed and the family never got the shooter help or otherwise intervened. This asshole apparently lived with his parents in his 30s. I hope the police have some very pointed questions for them.
A brilliant scholar said that, if I recall correctly.

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Are you asking if I agree with the legislation upon which he was charged or whether I think the facts meet the elements of the offense?

The statement to which I responded, if I recall correctly, was a general statement about holding family members responsible. This article is an article not about holding a father criminally liable for the murders, but for the transfer of the gun to a person known to have been institutionalized within the past five years.

@JDHoss , this is different that your Waffle House case

This is exactly what I want to see. The Waffle House shooter's dad KNEW his son was off the rails mentally. He had several episodes, including one where he was waving a gun around his dad's employees at his business. Yet, his dad gave him his guns back and it cost 4 people their lives. Of course his dad should be held accountable. Just like the woman in New York about 10 years ago who purchased several guns for her "friend", who was a convicted felon with a history of violence. He used to them to ambush and kill some firemen after he had set fire to (IIRC) his sister's house. She wound up getting several years. These people more than deserved accountability.

Hypothetical examples with opposite outcomes...

My great nephew is graduating from college next week and getting married next month. Trevor has never been a millisecond of trouble for his parents. He's been a great kid and has a bright future ahead. He's the guy you hope your daughter brings home. Let's say he tells me that he has some friends who want to take him rabbit hunting, and he asks me if he can borrow my shotgun. Even though he's 23, I'd still probably call my niece and ask if it was ok, but otherwise, I wouldn't be concerned about it. I'd take him out in the woods and make sure he understood how to use it, then send him on his way. Let's say instead of rabbit hunting, he instead used it to kill his fiancé because she had been cheating on him. Should I go to jail? Of course not. He'd shown no signs over his entire life of being unstable and I had no idea he and his fiancé were having trouble.

Example 2 would be if my great nephew was a guy who has anger management issues and a history of run-ins with the law and other people. He comes to me with the rabbit hunting tale. Do I loan him my shotgun? Not in a million years, and I call his parents and tell them he wanted to borrow it. For argument's sake, let's say that I DO loan it to him, and he shoots someone or uses it to hold up a liquor store. Should I be held accountable for that? Absolutely, because I knew he had issues.

For the record, Trev is indeed a great kid. I wish my brother were alive to see what a fine young man his grandson turned out to be.

I probably disagree with Nightwish on a lot of things, but I think he operates in good faith and that's something in this day and age.
This is something I should've responded to weeks ago. Just wanted to say I appreciate this. I'm sure it's obvious I don't have a lot of solutions and my Mr. Rogers "let's be kinder to each other" mindset probably falls on deaf ears, but I think we all have at least one issue that really bothers us personally. For my aunt, it's illegal immigration and I can completely understand why. For me, it's mass shootings and gun violence, because a large portion of it could be avoided with simple common sense and not allowing anger to overtake an individual.

Perhaps one day every social media platform will make us use our actual full names with photos attached. We all know crazy shit is said on social media that we wouldn't say in the workplace or in front of family and friends. Maybe a large portion of the country will get over its worship of politicians and realize that we may disagree with each other, but in what world does that make you or I "the enemy"? In a large country like this, while some would still consider twenty mass shootings a year too much, I would definitely settle for that. Unfortunately, getting there seems impossible right now.

47 shot and 9 killed in Chicago this weekend...

Liberal narrative has closed, evidently....*crickets*

And that's awful. And you looked that terrible news up and decided to post it as a jab to the libs. You're probably older than me. Grow up and stop being a hack about everything.

Reactions: roguemocha
The bank shooting is not like most “mass” shootings, as we define them. He seemed to have a relatively narrow intention. Kill management and then take on the police, forcing them to kill him.

Empty statement. No context, no deep dive, just a "hurdur Democrat city has lots of shooting. It's their fault."

The context and deep dive of what has been taking place in Chicago for years is exhausted....it is now ignored as it doesn't fit the mass shooting narrative.

Pretty simply statement which is 100% accurate.

The context and deep dive of what has been taking place in Chicago for years is exhausted....it is now ignored as it doesn't fit the mass shooting narrative.

Pretty simply statement which is 100% accurate.
100% spin to fit your narrative as well.

I feel safer in Chicago than Louisville. We go to Chicago 2-3 times a year and walk at dark, etc. Granted, we arent more than 7-10 blocks off from Michigan at all times, but its safer than the "safe places" in Louisville.

I feel safer in Chicago than Louisville. We go to Chicago 2-3 times a year and walk at dark, etc. Granted, we arent more than 7-10 blocks off from Michigan at all times, but its safer than the "safe places" in Louisville.

Bloomberg tracked the homicides per 100,000 people for 2022:
  • St. Louis: 68.2
  • Baltimore: 57.8
  • Atlanta: 34.2
  • Chicago: 25.6
  • Louisville: 25.0
  • Jacksonville: 16.1
  • Miami: 10.7
  • Los Angeles: 10.1

100% spin to fit your narrative as well.

What part of 47 and 9 is spin and the fact that it happens regularly w/o so much as a whimper from the anti-gun freaks? Keep your head in the sand if this is your sentiment.

Chief Keef isn't putting up with any Chiraq disrespect today.
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Bloomberg tracked the homicides per 100,000 people for 2022:

• Chicago: 25.6
  • Louisville: 25.0

Entirely misleading....Louisville had 160 homicides compared to 695 in Chicago. What your stat doesn't detail are the "boundaries" that define the city listed. Anyone who tries to rationalize Louisville and Chicago being relatively equal in "safety" are delusional.

What part of 47 and 9 is spin and the fact that it happens regularly w/o so much as a whimper from the anti-gun freaks? Keep your head in the sand if this is your sentiment.
It’s the way you presented it in this thread. You know exactly what you did, how, and by. It’s solely done to fit your agenda. Everyone here knows it. Just admit to it. You aren’t nearly that slick.

47 shot and 9 killed in one weekend?

Remember when the news would give a weekly account of the deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan under Bush, but stopped under Obama? If we cared so much and did not want to hurt a certain party’s failures, the national news would regularly report these numbers for the most deadly cities.

Entirely misleading....Louisville had 160 homicides compared to 695 in Chicago. What your stat doesn't detail are the "boundaries" that define the city listed. Anyone who tries to rationalize Louisville and Chicago being relatively equal in "safety" are delusional.
I think they're both pretty damn dangerous. People saying the Michigan Mile is safe need to look at a murder map. There are murders on that street too.

47 shot and 9 killed in one weekend?

Remember when the news would give a weekly account of the deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan under Bush, but stopped under Obama? If we cared so much and did not want to hurt a certain party’s failures, the national news would regularly report these numbers for the most deadly cities.
National news outlets could do better and should perhaps spotlight specific cities' issues more, but there are many articles and national news reports about this past weekend's violence in Chicago online. It was covered and can easily be found. I don't think the media is trying to hide the fact that areas of Chicago have issues and that the city is fairly liberal. If they are, they're doing a pisspoor job. It's the primary job of local media to cover issues within a city or town. Crime rose in Louisville and our local news covered it and kept covering it. I didn't expect Anderson Cooper to move here and do his show from downtown permanently. Gun violence and mass shootings happen in the bluest cities and in the reddest towns and no amount of finger pointing that it's all one side's fault is going to help solve it. I'm not sure how either side has the balls to place all the blame on the other side when it's a nationwide problem that hits every state.

I really hate the "gotcha" game many play when it comes to this. "More shooting in Chicago...gotcha, libs!" "Another mass shooting in TX...I get to talk shit about their governor some more!"

National news outlets could do better and should perhaps spotlight specific cities' issues more, but there are many articles and national news reports about this past weekend's violence in Chicago online. It was covered and can easily be found. I don't think the media is trying to hide the fact that areas of Chicago have issues and that the city is fairly liberal. If they are, they're doing a pisspoor job. It's the primary job of local media to cover issues within a city or town. Crime rose in Louisville and our local news covered it and kept covering it. I didn't expect Anderson Cooper to move here and do his show from downtown permanently. Gun violence and mass shootings happen in the bluest cities and in the reddest towns and no amount of finger pointing that it's all one side's fault is going to help solve it. I'm not sure how either side has the balls to place all the blame on the other side when it's a nationwide problem that hits every state.

I really hate the "gotcha" game many play when it comes to this. "More shooting in Chicago...gotcha, libs!" "Another mass shooting in TX...I get to talk shit about their governor some more!"
Yeah, murder is a local story. That makes sense. You should tell that to the national news when they repeatedly report about George Floyd, Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, etc. The national news may not know that you think these are local stories. Good point. Anderson Cooper needs a call from the Nightwish.

Yeah, murder is a local story. That makes sense. You should tell that to the national news when they repeatedly report about George Floyd, Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, etc. The national news may not know that you think these are local stories. Good point. Anderson Cooper needs a call from the Nightwish.
Only mentioning African Americans the media focused on? Why didn't you mention Natalee Holloway, Casey Anthony, JonBenét Ramsey, Scott Peterson, etc. as well? Unfortunately, you're just like cole only not as upfront about how agenda-driven you are. Always enjoy when I give a thought-out response in a civil manner and get a smart ass reply back.

Regardless, I said what I said in my other post to you. The media can do a better job but if you just want them to only focus on liberal cities and just blame liberals for every problem in society, that's not going to happen because it's not true. Of course, I just saw you in another thread arguing that the insurrection wasn't really an insurrection, so I already know where your mind is when it comes to this country. Deflect and blame others you disagree with. Let's keep doing that. I'm sure that'll work eventually.

Reactions: jameslee32
Only mentioning African Americans the media focused on? Why didn't you mention Natalee Holloway, Casey Anthony, JonBenét Ramsey, Scott Peterson, etc. as well? Unfortunately, you're just like cole only not as upfront about how agenda-driven you are. Always enjoy when I give a thought-out response in a civil manner and get a smart ass reply back.

Regardless, I said what I said in my other post to you. The media can do a better job but if you just want them to only focus on liberal cities and just blame liberals for every problem in society, that's not going to happen because it's not true. Of course, I just saw you in another thread arguing that the insurrection wasn't really an insurrection, so I already know where your mind is when it comes to this country. Deflect and blame others you disagree with. Let's keep doing that. I'm sure that'll work eventually.

You are constantly looking for evil in others. It’s a pathetic place for you to be. My point was clear. When the media has a motive, such as pushing a local story based on the issue of race, we see the story become national and driven daily. When the issue is not race,* yet deals with many deaths, you and the media tell us they are local stories. Maybe it’s you who should look in the mirror. There is no reason the Martin case should have been anything but local and, yet, it became so national our president made comments.

I don’t want only liberal cities blamed. The problem you want to avoid is that there is a major problem and the people in charge have made decisions that are not successfully dealing with those problems or have actually contributed to those problems. You admit the problem is not local, yet you accept that cable news generally treats it that way. Report on 9 deaths? Maybe. Give us names and discuss regularly the causes of those deaths? No. Biden is not pressed on it, except maybe in a presidential election year.

You can say your preachy response was “civil,” but no one is going to believe that the Anderson Cooper comment was not snark. You may not like the sarcasm of my post, but the point remains. The national media picks the murders they want to promote based on a motive. It’s not because those stories are any less local.

*edit - or not their narrative on race

Last edited:
These are obviously awful and tragic.. but why are we still continuing to mention gang shootings and domestic slayings as "mass shootings"?

Reactions: WayneDougan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT