12 tournament appearances
3 first round exits
4 second round exits
2 sweet sixteen exits
2 elite eight exits
1 National Championship

One is Calipari and the other is Drew

Reactions: d2atTech
A is Cal and he's got a better overall mainly because his time here.
You're grouping all of Drew together. If you know anything about Baylor it's not exactly the pinnacle of the college basketball world .. he built the program pretty much from complete scratch. Obviously the early years were rough because Baylor has never been a power. But I'd look at the most recent stuff. Stats from when you was a nobody team before working your way up to national respect shouldn't be held against someone, but a better judge is where the program has went over the long haul.and baylors program went from a nobody to a championship at Baylor.

Kentucky pretty much made Cal. Most of his accomplishments are in fact here, no reason to not believe the same is true for Drew considering he's a championship coach which Cal wasn't when he was hired.

Yeah this is kind of meaningless the way presented.

I went looking into Drew’s record in detail before I started to consider him as a prospect and I found that in the past ten years, 2018 is the only year he missed the tournament. That means when one more year slides by and 2015 drops off the radar, his entire past decade tournament record will be in the neighborhood of TWICE as good as Cal’s, even totally discarding his championship year. No question at all this guy is better than Cal.

Only question is, is this how we want to spend probably our one shot in the next five-to-ten years minimum to hitch our wagon to a coach who’s really worth the top-flight money we can pay. And I still think the answer is no if you can get any of six to eight other people.

If you legitimately call all those people no matter what they tell the media before you talk to them personally, and if you make them all listen to absolutely your honest-to-goodness very best $11 million dollar-plus pitch, and you tailor each deal to what will work best for each guy and make them tell you no and not make it easy for them to tell you no, and if all six to eight of them do tell you no anyway, then sure Drew is a perfectly reasonable choice. I don’t know if he’s necessarily the best choice even at that point. But he’s a good choice at that point and you could make some arguments he may be the best.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT