ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Signee To Be Tried For Assault..

I'll give Public Enemy some credit. He admits that for the Cards it is about winning and nothing else.
Of course, he doesn't quite admit that U of L absolutely goes out of there way to seek out troubled kids. These are 18-21 year olds - many make bad decisions. Others get caught up in bad situations. Certainly happens at UK as well as every other campus in America.

The difference is that U of L uses kids who are kicked out elsewhere as a key to bolster their football roster. Not one or two on rare occasion, but consistently.

Think about what they would be this year without all of the troubled transfers.

Not so much "Blindly Following" but unfortunately reckoning" this is the way of College Athletics whether you want to admit it or not.
NO...you are just making damn excuses for the behavior of your AD and coaches ...Name me 5 other places where this is taking place like your coaches and AD are doing this...And you and the rest of the Otis fan base ARE "blindly following" the Fuhrer and his Generals or we wouldn't be discussing it here on this board ...Yet you want to belittle Calipari and that he that he is nothing more than a cheater and Mein Fuhrer has all his minions searching under every rock to try to prove so , but to no avail...Coach Cal just keep recruiting great kids who go to class, make excellent grades, do great work in the community , graduate or are high nba draft choices...L1C7...And in football the record in the last eight games is 4-4...

NO...you are just making damn excuses for the behavior of your AD and coaches ...Name me 5 other places where this is taking place like your coaches and AD are doing this...And you and the rest of the Otis fan base ARE "blindly following" the Fuhrer and his Generals or we wouldn't be discussing it here on this board ...Yet you want to belittle Calipari and that he that he is nothing more than a cheater and Mein Fuhrer has all his minions searching under every rock to try to prove so , but to no avail...Coach Cal just keep recruiting great kids who go to class, make excellent grades, do great work in the community , graduate or are high nba draft choices...L1C7...And in football the record in the last eight games is 4-4...

1. What excuse have i made...just state how I see College Athletics in this era.

2. I have NEVER Belittled Cal...he has a Brand "Players First" it appeals to the Elite Basketball Players.

I'll give Public Enemy some credit. He admits that for the Cards it is about winning and nothing else.
Of course, he doesn't quite admit that U of L absolutely goes out of there way to seek out troubled kids. These are 18-21 year olds - many make bad decisions. Others get caught up in bad situations. Certainly happens at UK as well as every other campus in America.

The difference is that U of L uses kids who are kicked out elsewhere as a key to bolster their football roster. Not one or two on rare occasion, but consistently.

Think about what they would be this year without all of the troubled transfers.

Actually UofL does...I just say they are not alone.

1. What excuse have i made...just state how I see College Athletics in this era.

2. I have NEVER Belittled Cal...he has a Brand "Players First" it appeals to the Elite Basketball Players.
So I guess you are just going to deny or ignore the rest of the post about your program...And it is an excuse!!!...That is why you can't name me 5 programs with coaches like the ones your Fuhrer employees and covers up for...and you make excuses that "Everybody does it and it is just the state of College Athletics" when you know that is not true...And the stuff about Cal is BS and you know it and you are just as bad as the rest of your fanbase...

So I guess you are just going to deny or ignore the rest of the post about your program...And it is an excuse!!!...That is why you can't name me 5 programs with coaches like the ones your Fuhrer employees and covers up for...and you make excuses that "Everybody does it and it is just the state of College Athletics" when you know that is not true...And the stuff about Cal is BS and you know it and you are just as bad as the rest of your fanbase...

1. It is what it is...no excuse that is what they decided to do.

2. Don't care what Calipari does..he has a Brand of Players First and to get them to the Association..i give him credit for owning it...he is paid to win Basketball Games and actually don't care that much about College Basketball...I'm a Football Guy NFL and College and more of a NBA Fan then a College Basketball Fan...but you can believe what you want.

2. Don't care what Calipari does..he has a Brand of Players First and to get them to the Association..i give him credit for owning it...he is paid to win Basketball Games and actually don't care that much about College Basketball...I'm a Football Guy NFL and College and more of a NBA Fan then a College Basketball Fan...but you can believe what you want.
I have a question for you...Do you have children?...If so, do you so readily accept this kind of excuse from them when their behavior is bad?..."Well all the other kids do it so I just follow along, and heck daddy it is just the way society and kids are today"...[winking][eyeroll]:smiley::sunglasses:

Please do NOT put Cal into this specific conversation....there is NO comparisons with what is being discussed.

The story from ESPN:

Louisville defensive end signee Devonte Fields will go to trial for misdemeanor assault in June after failing to reach an agreement to dismiss his charge.

Fields, the former Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year at TCU, was charged with assault causing bodily injury to a family member last July after allegedly hitting an ex-girlfriend. His trial has been scheduled for June 17.

Devonte Fields had 57 tackles, 10 sacks and 20.5 tackles for a loss in two seasons with TCU.

Fields has been taking anger management courses in an effort to reach an agreement to reduce or dismiss the charge and is to complete those courses on June 24. The Class A misdemeanor is punishable by up to one year in jail and a $4,000 fine.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...sville-cardinals-go-trial-misdemeanor-assault

He's get it reduced, I heard through the grapevine that he threated to break the teacher's neck if he didn't pass the course.

I have a question for you...Do you have children?...If so, do you so readily accept this kind of excuse from them when their behavior is bad?..."Well all the other kids do it so I just follow along, and heck daddy it is just the way society and kids are today"...[winking][eyeroll]:smiley::sunglasses:

I have grown children and don't give me that...look unfortunately this has been the case in College Athletics for a Long Time it is just more out in the open.

Bottom Line is this...Nobody really cares because it is already baked into the equation...before many on here harp on Louisville you had the same going on at Tennessee, Florida, Auburn etc...etc...it has never been about Graduation Rates...Doing the Right Way etc etc but always about Wins and Losses.

When you have schools covering up for all kinds of crimes of players and coaches that is the status of Athletics now...When you have Leagues setting up TV Network of their own to maximize the Almighty Dollar I just decided to not believe that Hype and live the Illusion...many choose to continue to believe that illusion....that is their choice.

Last edited:
Not my call-(Personnally I would be just fine if he didn't show up and UofL rolls with Trevon Young or Former 4* OLB Stacy Thomas and Former USA Army All Americans Keith Brown or Nick Dawson at OLB)...when it comes to College Athletics at the P5 Level I am very jaded...it is about Wins and Loses now especially with the $$$ involved...what I see happening is he will be on a "Zero Tolerance" policy for the Semester he is at UofL...I just don't think UofL is alone in this approach now....just look around the landscape....Remember on Florida 2007 National Title Team they had Riley Cooper, Aaron Hernandez and Ray McDonald...

A zero tolerance policy? Are you really a ul fan, because that statement has never been put into effect in Jefferson County ever? Actually its rather funny to hear a ul fan even mention it. lol

Could we expect to get anything better from a poster with a screen name like Public Enemy. This guy evidently has little to no morals. Heck he might be Zipp over here spouting off under an assumed name.

He gives you the company line from that sleaze bag program.

I am sure that UK could have a lot of the Sleazy players that they have brought in but have passed on them like they also passed on their sleaze bag coach.

Long time reader of this site here and this is my first post because im so angry at this whole situation.
My first question is where are the fbi? Why the hell or these theives and murderers and rapist allowed to roam free to prey on kentuckys women and children? All the facts are right here, where the hell are the police or the ncaa? If jurich is bribing the feds how the hell are we going to get that school shut down?

I don't know why they are bothering to go to trial, you know jurich will get the "misunderstanding" straightened out long before then, he is a hell of a football player it sounds like.

What else would Transfer U care about?

Could we expect to get anything better from a poster with a screen name like Public Enemy. This guy evidently has little to no morals. Heck he might be Zipp over here spouting off under an assumed name.

He gives you the company line from that sleaze bag program.

I am sure that UK could have a lot of the Sleazy players that they have brought in but have passed on them like they also passed on their sleaze bag coach.

No...just don't do the Hypocrisy thing...for the most part the General Public doesn't care what the Athletes in College do...at the end of the day at the P5 Level it is about Wins..Nothing More Nothing Less.

That is why FSU put up with Winston...that is why Auburn bought in a player that got kicked out of Florida-(it got them a National Title)..that is why UNC had fake courses...to win...at the end of the day NOTHING happened to Auburn Nothing is going to happen to Bama or UNC.

BTW...My Screen Name is in Reference to Public Enemy and their Song "Don't Believe the Hype"...Chuck D says it Clearly.

If O.J. Simpson had any eligibility left, is there any doubt that Louisville would go after him

I think TPE is a lot more right than he is wrong. As he stated, generally speaking, most people don't really care how athletes conduct themselves off the field. Seemingly, most P5 universities care little about how they win. I think a lot of AD's and Presidents just hold their nose and look the other way.

Where TPE is wrong, IMO anyway, is using the "everyone does it" argument to validate his schools actions. Not to mention, U of L might actually be THE WORST offender among P5 schools. Rick Pitino? The man doesn't belong anywhere near an academic environment. He doesn't belong anywhere near young people. Bobby Petrino? After the way he treated U of L in 2007, I can't believe they brought him back. Combine those decisions with the questionable transfer additions, and you could make a case that U of L is the nations leader in "win at all costs."

No school is immune though. Our own school held their nose and hired Coach Cal. When Tubby Smith left, there were two obvious choices for that job, IMO (Donovan and Cal). UK went after Billy D but not Cal. We all know why. Two years later, with Memphis under investigation, UK rolled the dice because they were desperate to win.

I think it's a shame that schools act in the manner that they do. Frankly, it's significantly reduced my interest in college athletics. I used to watch 5-6 college basketball games a week that didn't feature UK. This season, I didn't watch a single non-UK game from start to finish. Last season, I watched less college football than I ever have. That's surprising to me considering I'm a football junkie.

Oh well. Enough rambling [laughing]. It is what it is, and I don't see things getting better anytime soon. There's too much money (and maybe more importantly, pride and ego) on the line for these universities to turn things around.

GBB!!!

I think TPE is a lot more right than he is wrong. As he stated, generally speaking, most people don't really care how athletes conduct themselves off the field. Seemingly, most P5 universities care little about how they win. I think a lot of AD's and Presidents just hold their nose and look the other way.

Where TPE is wrong, IMO anyway, is using the "everyone does it" argument to validate his schools actions. Not to mention, U of L might actually be THE WORST offender among P5 schools. Rick Pitino? The man doesn't belong anywhere near an academic environment. He doesn't belong anywhere near young people. Bobby Petrino? After the way he treated U of L in 2007, I can't believe they brought him back. Combine those decisions with the questionable transfer additions, and you could make a case that U of L is the nations leader in "win at all costs."

No school is immune though. Our own school held their nose and hired Coach Cal. When Tubby Smith left, there were two obvious choices for that job, IMO (Donovan and Cal). UK went after Billy D but not Cal. We all know why. Two years later, with Memphis under investigation, UK rolled the dice because they were desperate to win.

I think it's a shame that schools act in the manner that they do. Frankly, it's significantly reduced my interest in college athletics. I used to watch 5-6 college basketball games a week that didn't feature UK. This season, I didn't watch a single non-UK game from start to finish. Last season, I watched less college football than I ever have. That's surprising to me considering I'm a football junkie.

Oh well. Enough rambling [laughing]. It is what it is, and I don't see things getting better anytime soon. There's too much money (and maybe more importantly, pride and ego) on the line for these universities to turn things around.

GBB!!!

Thanks Erik...that was the point I am trying to make and I think I said earlier I would rather not take Fields and even though I am ok with Petrino-(some current members of his staff I'm am not) Bob Petrino wasnt my first choice to take over for Strong it was Pat Narduzzi...In the end neither Petrino or when he shows up likely in July Devonte Fields was my Call...it is what it is

Last edited:
No...just don't do the Hypocrisy thing...for the most part the General Public doesn't care what the Athletes in College do...at the end of the day at the P5 Level it is about Wins..Nothing More Nothing Less.

That is why FSU put up with Winston...that is why Auburn bought in a player that got kicked out of Florida-(it got them a National Title)..that is why UNC had fake courses...to win...at the end of the day NOTHING happened to Auburn Nothing is going to happen to Bama or UNC.

BTW...My Screen Name is in Reference to Public Enemy and their Song "Don't Believe the Hype"...Chuck D says it Clearly.

Please, stop justifying your school's position by continuously citing to a few ugly cases and acting like what UL does is typical. Yes, there are a few examples of crappy decisions, but that is not the norm. UL is not the norm. It is the exception. And, it is gaining a reputation around the country as such.

GBB!!!

You think it was a shame that UK hired Calipari? I love your posts about football, but that is butt stupid, IMO.

Please, stop justifying your school's position by continuously citing to a few ugly cases and acting like what UL does is typical. Yes, there are a few examples of crappy decisions, but that is not the norm. UL is not the norm. It is the exception. And, it is gaining a reputation around the country as such.

30 Arrest at Florida under Urban Meyer including having people like the Pounceys, Aaron Hernandez, Ray McDonald and Riley Cooper on your roster at the same time is more than just a few ugly cases....lol

Like I said, don't really like it and I would rather not take Field but accept it as the Norm in P5 Athletics...it is what it is.

Arrests were rampant in Gainesville under Urban Meyer
Posted by Mike Florio on July 6, 2013, 8:07 PM EDT
jenkins1.jpg

Yes, it would have been better if Urban Meyer had left the can of worms closed.

Now that Meyer has defended himself and the University of Florida football program in connection with the background and history of Aaron Hernandez, Meyer has invited increased scrutiny of the players he recruited. As pointed out by Greg Bishop of the New York Times, at least 31 players were arrested during Meyer’s run from 2005 through 2010 as the Gators’ head coach.

The types of alleged crimes extended far beyond the garden-variety hell-raising stuff, with one player accused of making 70 charges on a credit card belonging to a woman who had died in a motorcycle accident, and another player stealing a laptop and throwing the computer out the window when police arrived. (Yep, that guy currently plays quarterback for the Panthers.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ere-rampant-in-gainesville-under-urban-meyer/

Also in the article:

All indications are that, arrests or not, Meyer didn’t care, as long as the team was successful. It’s a reality that Rams cornerback Janoris Jenkins, who was tolerated by Meyer but kicked out of school by his successor, Will Muschamp, astutely recognized in 2011.

“If Coach Meyer were still coaching, I’d still be playing for the Gators,” Jenkins said at the time. “Coach Meyer knows what it takes to win.”

The Gators indeed won. But the program and its former coach are now losing, and it feels like it’s quickly getting worse.

Like I said, a lot of punk men hit women. That fact does not make Fields look any better.

You're right and it doesn't make it right....but it didn't stop Petrino from taking him and it didn't stop Nick Saban from taking Jonathan Taylor after he was basically booted from Georgia...the only reason why Taylor is no longer a Member of the Crimson Tide is because he did it again this past Spring in Tusculooosa...if Fields shows up he will have IMO the same rules as Taylor did at Bama....

Last edited:
You're and it doesn't....but it didn't stop Petrino from taking him and it didn't stop Nick Saban from taking Jonathan Taylor after he was basically booted from Georgia...the only reason why Taylor is no longer a Member of the Crimson Tide is because he did it again this past Spring in Tusculooosa...if Fields shows up he will have IMO the same rules as Taylor did at Bama....

You clearly do not get it.

You're and it doesn't....but it didn't stop Petrino from taking him and it didn't stop Nick Saban from taking Jonathan Taylor after he was basically booted from Georgia...the only reason why Taylor is no longer a Member of the Crimson Tide is because he did it again this past Spring in Tusculooosa...if Fields shows up he will have IMO the same rules as Taylor did at Bama....

And, I think the woman who accused Taylor has been prosecuted for bringing a false allegation. Not sure you are right about him: although it holds no relevance.

And, I think the woman who accused Taylor has been prosecuted for bringing a false allegation. Not sure you are right about him: although it holds no relevance.

In both cases both women are walking back their story...unfortunately it happens way too often in these cases-(in Taylor case the lady is saying the bruises on her neck are self inflicted)...I will say it again not in favor of bringing him in...but I also realize it happens more then anyone wants to admit and my only argument it is much more then a "Louisville" issue...with Bama even though they can select anyone they want they still took that guy...it was IMO about just collecting Talented DT to win another Title.

Look...I will admit Louisville is All In On Winning...that was clear when Petrino was rehired...they rehired the best possible X and O Coach available to get them through a Transition year moving to a new League...it won UofL 9 Games...the Gamble in Louisville eyes worked.

Some of you guys crack me up. He hasn't been convicted of assault yet, and he hasn't enrolled yet either. If he is convicted of assault, let's see if he is admitted. If he isn't convicted, then why wouldn't you take him? If they didn't, plenty others would. I agree with TPE that there are questionable kids in just about every P5 football program, including here at UK, that I promise you. The arrest records over the last several years provide solid evidence for that claim. Anybody that doesn't believe that is either extremely naive, or simply kidding themselves.

It really wasn't that long ago when a UK football player was arrested for assault after allegedly hitting a girl in the face. And after being initially suspended, he was reinstated into the program the same year and played in several games thereafter. If I recall, I think he was eventually dismissed later after a felony drug trafficking charge. He was a LB from Louisville Central. Remember him? There's plenty more examples of misfits in the football program, but I won't go there, because it isn't necessary.

DeVonte Fields is Charged with a Misdemeanor not a Felony-(JMO because the young lady story has changed)...who know he may show up or may not...if he shows up again he will be on campus from July through the Bowl Game and then it is off to the NFL More than likely.

It is wait and see...despite how I may Personnally feel it is up to UofL after his Court Case is complete...if they are ok then guess we will he see him line up against Auburn in Atlanta on Opening Saturday on CBS 3:30pm on Saturday 5 September 2015.

Some of you guys crack me up. He hasn't been convicted of assault yet, and he hasn't enrolled yet either. If he is convicted of assault, let's see if he is admitted. If he isn't convicted, then why wouldn't you take him? If they didn't, plenty others would. I agree with TPE that there are questionable kids in just about every P5 football program, including here at UK, that I promise you. The arrest records over the last several years provide solid evidence for that claim. Anybody that doesn't believe that is either extremely naive, or simply kidding themselves.

It really wasn't that long ago when a UK football player was arrested for assault after allegedly hitting a girl in the face. And after being initially suspended, he was reinstated into the program the same year and played in several games thereafter. If I recall, I think he was eventually dismissed later after a felony drug trafficking charge. He was a LB from Louisville Central. Remember him? There's plenty more examples of misfits in the football program, but I won't go there, because it isn't necessary.
he was booted from school without ever playing a down.... and i agree that it smells bad that bama did it when they get so much talent anyway but it is also getting lost on you guys that literally every guy who gets in trouble is putting ul in his list of destinations. now its one thing to recruit bad kids (urban meyer) and its another to look the other way (urban meyer) but its another to know straight up that you are recruiting "bad" guys. i keep hearing ul fans say "these guys dont get in any trouble here so its all good as long as they win"... but the fact that all these places have so many arrest with bad kids but ul gets them in and out with out so much as a parking ticket is lost on you guys.

it's not gonna hit you guys until one of these guys does something bad while enrolled at ul and then get hit with the lawsuit and the national media start poking around and asking questions... then it wont be so funny. ul has had more ncca sanctions than UK but everyone remembers our sanctions because they were so severe. ul has always got the slap on the wrist in comparison. but in todays climate, let one of these castoffs come in and do something bad and your gonna have lots of nosy people asking questions.

but quit saying everyone does it. everyone doesn't do it and some do it on a case by case basis. maybe a coach had a relationship previously and that is the "reason" for taking the chance. but ul... northwestern, check.. washington, check.. tcu, check... auburn, check... tennessee, check.. florida, check.. georgia, check... all these schools you say are so bad, you take their problems that are too bad and they never get in trouble in downtown louisville.

No Cave Man, I don't think it's a shame they hired Calipari. I think it's a shame they passed on him the first time though. He was the guy I campaigned for during the end of Tubby's tenure.

I mean that in general, it's a shame that overall, universities act the way they do when it comes to athletics. Taking questionable transfers. Overpaying coaches. I should have made that more clear.

GBB!!!

Reactions: The Public Enemy
And no, I don't think Cal is overpaid. He's worth whatever UK pays him, IMO. In a lot of ways, he's the face of UK.

GBB!!!

No Cave Man, I don't think it's a shame they hired Calipari. I think it's a shame they passed on him the first time though. He was the guy I campaigned for during the end of Tubby's tenure.

I mean that in general, it's a shame that overall, universities act the way they do when it comes to athletics. Taking questionable transfers. Overpaying coaches. I should have made that more clear.

GBB!!!

Nailed it Erik...I go a little further...for myself became really jaded during Conference Realignment...long time "Rivalries" were lost like Texas vs. Texas A&M...Oklahoma vs. Nebraska...West Virginia vs. Pitt and Missouri vs. Kansas...it was along with things like the Big Ten Network all about the chase for Cash.

Also the reason they can give Coaches $5 to 8 Million a year is tied to overlooking many questionable Athletes...it is truly a Arms Race and you're not held accountable for your action...Not by the "General Public, Your Conference and the NCAA"...the only thing you have to get through is the 24 Hour Sports Media Cycle...

BTW The SEC Might be Tabling a Vote on this issue...this should help some understand why I am jaded on issues like this...here is the article from CBS Sports:

Proposal to restrict SEC transfers with 'serious misconduct' could be tabled

DESTIN, Florida -- Most SEC presidents support Georgia's proposal to ban players from transferring within the conference if they have been disciplined for “serious misconduct,” but there are issues that could cause the vote to be postponed, South Carolina president Harris Pastides said Thursday.

Georgia's proposal stems in large part from Alabama giving defensive lineman Jonathan Taylor another chance after the Bulldogs dismissed him last summer following a felony domestic violence arrest. Taylor was soon dismissed by Alabama after another domestic violence arrest, this time in Tuscaloosa, Ala., although that accuser later recanted her accusation.

Under Georgia's SEC proposal, Taylor would not have been able to transfer to Alabama in the first place given his previous dismissal for “serious misconduct” at another school. The proposal defines “serious misconduct” as sexual assault, domestic violence, stalking, dating violence or other forms of physical violence. SEC presidents and chancellors took a straw poll Thursday prior to a formal vote Friday.

“My prediction is it will be tabled,” Pastides said. “I think most of us are in favor of the Georgia proposal, but there are too many intricacies and there wasn't enough time at this meeting. So I think it may turn out that it comes up at the next meeting.”

During Thursday's meeting, several SEC presidents and chancellors who are lawyers questioned what would happen if a player arrested is not convicted on such charges, Pastides said.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...rict-transfers-due-to-conduct-could-be-tabled

More from the CBS article:

Missouri chancellor R. Bowen Loftin declined to comment specifically about Georgia's proposal. In March, police closed a rape investigation that involved Missouri football players and a Missouri swimmer who committed suicide several months after she told a friend and mental health professionals about the alleged incident.

Following a different incident last year, Missouri dismissed star wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham after he was alleged to have pushed a woman down at least four stairs. Green-Beckham transferred to Oklahoma but was denied a waiver by the NCAA to play immediately. He has since left for the NFL.

“I've had several cases at Missouri -- very prominent cases this past year -- that I spent a lot of time worrying about how do we handle these things?” Loftin said. “You want to be sure you don't simply allow a person to move from school to school to avoid the consequences of their actions. On the other hand, there may be learning experiences that an athlete could benefit from and sometimes a change of venue could be helpful. So where do you draw that line? I'm not sure we'll resolve that by any means through legislation.

Last edited:
The 24 hour sports media cycle. LOL. So true. And what a joke they've become. The coverage of "deflategate" was a joke, IMO anyway. They've started covering athletes almost like cable news covers politicians.

The "arms race" has been out of control for years. Texas A&M just spent nearly HALF A BILLION dollars on a Kyle Field renovation. Practice facilities across the country look like palaces compared to the 1980's. Kentucky is spending $170 or so million just to stay ahead of Vanderbilt (LOL). Just kidding (more or less). UK's stuff is going to look great, but everyone in the SEC is throwing money at football facilities.

Coaches salaries are becoming ludicrous. I think Mark Stoops is making over $3 million this year. Don't get me wrong, I like Stoops. But $3 million for a guy with zero winning records? And that's not even the funniest part. Because Stoops has recruited well, he's actually become a commodity, so UK really had no choice but to raise his pay. Hell, Kenny Payne makes $700K a year, and he's an ASSISTANT (LOL). That's the culture that's been created though, and I don't see it changing. It will just get worse.

GBB!!!

Sure, remember him well, and while he was a very promising starter most of us had no regrets after his SECOND chance, and there was no question he was gone as soon as it happened. See, that is the trouble, MOST of your transfers aren't just getting a second chance at UL, they are getting a third and fourth chance, unless they just weren't good enough to play------and if they weren't good enough to play then there is no way your noble coaches were interested in giving them a "second" chance. How many chances had your MVP NC player gone through before you got him, IIRC he only had one other second tier Florida University interested in giving him another chance even though he had a lot of promise.

ADVERTISEMENT