ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Signee To Be Tried For Assault..

Apr 16, 2015
Devonte Fields ,another in long line of felons,criminals that Tommy Turtleneck has allowed to
slither in the Lil Brother campus has been ordered to stand trial for Felony Assault in the beating of his girlfriend he was booted from TCU..,,Does it ever end..:uzi: Willie Williams Rod "Uzi" Council...on and on the merry go round continues at uavel..:cop: Who's minding the store?

Reactions: AJ Blue
Other teams do it. Bama got a guy. Big10 has stories out there too. Nothing to see. They are just trying to rehab him you haters.

The story from ESPN:

Louisville defensive end signee Devonte Fields will go to trial for misdemeanor assault in June after failing to reach an agreement to dismiss his charge.

Fields, the former Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year at TCU, was charged with assault causing bodily injury to a family member last July after allegedly hitting an ex-girlfriend. His trial has been scheduled for June 17.

Devonte Fields had 57 tackles, 10 sacks and 20.5 tackles for a loss in two seasons with TCU.

Fields has been taking anger management courses in an effort to reach an agreement to reduce or dismiss the charge and is to complete those courses on June 24. The Class A misdemeanor is punishable by up to one year in jail and a $4,000 fine.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...sville-cardinals-go-trial-misdemeanor-assault

Last edited:
Ramsey, Jurich, Petrino....don't care how they are perceived or that they are probably one of the top 3 teams in the country that give second and third chances to any player that can help them win. Even though they say they do it for the kids, everyone knows the real truth.

Keeping Rick Pitino. Hiring Bobby Petrino. I mean, is it even debatable that people of that character don't belong anywhere near an academic environment? And especially as "men" filling leadership roles? Add to that U of L's willingness to accept players of highly questionable character, and you have to wonder how much longer Tom Jurich and U of L can conduct business in this manner (considering the intense media scrutiny).

GBB!!!

Keeping Rick Pitino. Hiring Bobby Petrino. I mean, is it even debatable that people of that character don't belong anywhere near an academic environment? And especially as "men" filling leadership roles? Add to that U of L's willingness to accept players of highly questionable character, and you have to wonder how much longer Tom Jurich and U of L can conduct business in this manner (considering the intense media scrutiny).

GBB!!!
They'll do it as long as they can get away with it.

At least he didn't impregnate his cousin. You can't spell adultery without UL!

come on guys, fields has been taking anger management courses and he's actually been going to those classes. once enrolled at ul he'll never go to class he'll do all his work online and will not be a threat to anyone in the community. it will be football practice, charity work, and online studies for that young man and honest bob will make sure of it.

Ramsey, Jurich, Petrino....don't care how they are perceived or that they are probably one of the top 3 teams in the country that give second and third chances to any player that can help them win. Even though they say they do it for the kids, everyone knows the real truth.
Yep... It's the top of the crime syndicate... The could be a good reason that Jurich isn't courted often for other jobs... No one wants the handle his baggage.

When they make a movie on Ramsey, Jurich and Petrino the leads will be Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci and Ray Liotta and directed by Martin Scorsese. "The Louisville Cartel" will also have cameos by Pat Forde and Terry Meiners as Baghdad Bob

So one of their star troubled transfers is going to TRIAL for assaulting a woman? So, if he is found guilty, yet say sees no jail time, no way they can play him can they?

Basically guilty by a jury for punching a woman in the face?

From a ul perspective....as long as he did it in Texas and not at ul....his nose is clean and he can help us win.

Plus he has a 2.0 in his anger classes.

From a ul perspective....as long as he did it in Texas and not at ul....his nose is clean and he can help us win.

Plus he has a 2.0 in his anger classes.

Truth of the matter that pretty much it....plus he is not scheduled to arrive to Louisville until July anyways...only going to be in the City for 6 Months...if everything goes like most see it...play here for this year and rehab his image and it is off to the National Football League....he is this year version of Dorial Green-Beckham...Stoops did the same at Oklahoma as Petrino is doing at Louisville...difference was somehow DGB wasn't arrested:

Remember this last Summer:

Green-Beckham was suspended indefinitely by Pinkel Monday. That decision came in the wake of a weekend incident in which police were called to a Columbia apartment complex after Green-Beckham allegedly forced his way into an apartment and pushed a female victim "down at least four stairs." Green-Beckham was not arrested and is not facing charges from the incident.

So one of their star troubled transfers is going to TRIAL for assaulting a woman? So, if he is found guilty, yet say sees no jail time, no way they can play him can they?

Basically guilty by a jury for punching a woman in the face?

The only way UL doesn't let him play is if hes in jail, imo. They truly have no shame.

Truth of the matter that pretty much it....plus he is not scheduled to arrive to Louisville until July anyways...only going to be in the City for 6 Months...if everything goes like most see it...play here for this year and rehab his image and it is off to the National Football League....he is this year version of Dorial Green-Beckham...Stoops did the same at Oklahoma as Petrino is doing at Louisville...difference was somehow DGB wasn't arrested:

Green-Beckham was suspended indefinitely by Pinkel Monday. That decision came in the wake of a weekend incident in which police were called to a Columbia apartment complex after Green-Beckham allegedly forced his way into an apartment and pushed a female victim "down at least four stairs." Green-Beckham was not arrested and is not facing charges from the incident.

So if he is found guilty of assaulting a woman by punching her in the face do you think it is ethical for Louisville to trot this kid out on Saturdays as a Image of it's University? Especially with all the domestic violence issues going on today?

I am speaking IF he is found guilty by a jury trial

Reactions: robo222
So if he is found guilty of assaulting a woman by punching her in the face do you think it is ethical for Louisville to trot this kid out on Saturdays as a Image of it's University? Especially with all the domestic violence issues going on today?

Not my call-(Personnally I would be just fine if he didn't show up and UofL rolls with Trevon Young or Former 4* OLB Stacy Thomas and Former USA Army All Americans Keith Brown or Nick Dawson at OLB)...when it comes to College Athletics at the P5 Level I am very jaded...it is about Wins and Loses now especially with the $$$ involved...what I see happening is he will be on a "Zero Tolerance" policy for the Semester he is at UofL...I just don't think UofL is alone in this approach now....just look around the landscape....Remember on Florida 2007 National Title Team they had Riley Cooper, Aaron Hernandez and Ray McDonald...

Last edited:

PE I will give you credit....you're consistent in your justification of unethical immoral behavior.

It has become the UL way

DGB didn't play at OU. The only way this guy doesn't play at UofL is if someone forgets to pick him up from the jail on Saturday mornings. Further, I'm almost positive that playing at UofL, or even attending UofL, will have the opposite effect of "rehab[bing] his image..."

DGB didn't play at OU. The only way this guy doesn't play at UofL is if someone forgets to pick him up from the jail on Saturday mornings. Further, I'm almost positive that playing at UofL, or even attending UofL, will have the opposite effect of "rehab[bing] his image..."

Bob Stoops tried to get him eligible at Oklahoma for the 2014 Season remember...the NCAA denied the request:

NORMAN — University of Oklahoma officials feel very confident about their chances to get wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham approved for immediate eligibility with an NCAA waiver, sources told The Oklahoman.

OU still hasn’t filed the appeal yet, but plans to send it to the NCAA soon after they receive additional documentation from Missouri.

According to sources, OU will appeal using the so-called “run-off” waiver, created by the NCAA a couple years ago for players who were removed from their programs for reasons beyond their control. Oklahoma State’s basketball team added senior point guard Anthony Hickey, a three-year starter at LSU, and Hickey was granted immediate eligibility under the run-off rule.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football...ces-for-immediate-eligibility/article/5121579

Bob Stoops tried to get him eligible at Oklahoma for the 2014 Season remember...the NCAA denied the request:

NORMAN — University of Oklahoma officials feel very confident about their chances to get wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham approved for immediate eligibility with an NCAA waiver, sources told The Oklahoman.

OU still hasn’t filed the appeal yet, but plans to send it to the NCAA soon after they receive additional documentation from Missouri.

According to sources, OU will appeal using the so-called “run-off” waiver, created by the NCAA a couple years ago for players who were removed from their programs for reasons beyond their control. Oklahoma State’s basketball team added senior point guard Anthony Hickey, a three-year starter at LSU, and Hickey was granted immediate eligibility under the run-off rule.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football...ces-for-immediate-eligibility/article/5121579

Sorry, you're a UofL fan. I'll type slower so you can understand it this time: DGB did not play at OU.

No....what I am saying is Stoops tried to get him eligible for Oklahoma and it failed...Bob Stoops and the OU Administration Went to Bat for him to play for Oklahoma in 2014...maybe you didn't understand that...what DGB did was practice with them for the entire year...just to make it clear for you...hate to tell you this but UofL isn't the only one that brings in "questionable players"...it is what it is whether you like it or not.

Not my call-(Personnally I would be just fine if he didn't show up and UofL rolls with Trevon Young or Former 4* OLB Stacy Thomas and Former USA Army All Americans Keith Brown or Nick Dawson at OLB)...when it comes to College Athletics at the P5 Level I am very jaded...it is about Wins and Loses now especially with the $$$ involved...what I see happening is he will be on a "Zero Tolerance" policy for the Semester he is at UofL...I just don't think UofL is alone in this approach now....just look around the landscape....Remember on Florida 2007 National Title Team they had Riley Cooper, Aaron Hernandez and Ray McDonald...

Of course they aren't alone, just look at what hurtt did at the U, too much money involved----- but they are clearly the leader of the pack.

And now it is suddenly twice as expensive to live in Louisville as it is in Lexington, LOL.

No....what I am saying is Stoops tried to get him eligible for Oklahoma and it failed...Bob Stoops and the OU Administration Went to Bat for him to play for Oklahoma....maybe you didn't understand that but that...what DGB did was practice with them for the entire year...just to make it clear for you...hate to tell you this but UofL isn't the only one that brings in "questionable players"...it is what it is whether you like it or not.

No, not the only one, but by far the biggest offender. If you are happy recruiting from a rap sheet, then by all means embrace it.

Like I said before I'm jaded...from the $$$$ College Athletics is receiving.....from the coverups from UNC to Penn State to the going ons in retrospect at Florida and Southern Cal...it is what it is...

Last edited:
Is the trial in Louisville? If it is, we all know he will be found Not Guilty?

Do people really believe this trial will take place?

And, he is not expected at UL until July, because ... he cannot resolve his legal troubles in time for the June classes.

No....what I am saying is Stoops tried to get him eligible for Oklahoma and it failed...Bob Stoops and the OU Administration Went to Bat for him to play for Oklahoma in 2014...maybe you didn't understand that...what DGB did was practice with them for the entire year...just to make it clear for you...hate to tell you this but UofL isn't the only one that brings in "questionable players"...it is what it is whether you like it or not.

And Fields is not the only man accused of punching his girlfriend or wife in the face. So, should Fields feel bad about his behavior?

And wasn't Stoops appeal at Oklahoma about the transfer rule, and maybe the NCAA decided that the things that Beckham did were under his control. And shouldn't punching your girlfriend in the face be considered something under the control of a normal individual, most people probably have to resist the impulse at some time in their life.

Isn't the rule about mj use enforced at Georgia (AND UK) after two offenses, at Thug U FIVE times, and who knows what it is at UL (if you can play), because it doesn't matter anyway since most are covered up.

[roll]

Christ. You guys would be fine with a pedophile playing QB so long as he had a good completion percentage.

Sure, you are 100% correct. Other schools do it. They take chances on questionable kids. You and every UL fan that argues this misses the point. Thanks to the scumball reputation your coach has and the fact that UL continues to do it year in and year out with multiple kids, is why you should and do get hammered for this crap. Just like when Petrino got hammered for dropping a kid before signing day to bring this guy on. It's the reputation. It doesn't make a difference if other schools do it, UL is the face of this as "Transfer U" for troubled kids. Other schools don't make it a habit.

UL is the druggie on Broadway always being hassled by police because he's always out in the open smoking crack while 3 other guys stand in the back alley once a week doing drugs.

GBB!!!
What intense media scrutiny?...Unless it comes from Matt Jones there will be none or heads will roll:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses:

PE I will give you credit....you're consistent in your justification of unethical immoral behavior.

It has become the UL way
Excuse PE...he is NO different than the rest of the fan base and they will follow their Fuhrer Jurich blindly and he can do no wrong...

And Fields is not the only man accused of punching his girlfriend or wife in the face. So, should Fields feel bad about his behavior?
Hell ...he only punched his girlfriend...It's not like he committed adultery on his wife, paid for an abortion, lied to the university, pretty much embezzled money for his mistress, embarrassed the university, family, fan base and made a complete ass of himself...If coaches are allowed to do this why are PLAYERS held to a higher standard and they aren't making million of dollars a year...There is nothing wrong at Otis and I don't understand why the rest of my fellow KENTUCKY FANS can't see that...This is how they run their program and they are proud to be L1C4er's and lift the banner up high and throw up the L's in one hand and a beer (drunk) in the other...And they have two of them not just one..:smiley::sunglasses::football::basketball:

Excuse PE...he is NO different than the rest of the fan base and they will follow their Fuhrer Jurich blindly and he can do no wrong...

Not so much "Blindly Following" but unfortunately reckoning" this is the way of College Athletics whether you want to admit it or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT