ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Signee To Be Tried For Assault..

Total arrested/citation/charged since 2010
Football
UK 18
UofL 10
UM 15
LSU 10
OSU 11
Bama 17

Data shows both UK and UofL are within the normal arrest totals for a Power 5 football program.

You totally are misrepresenting the point of this thread.....But you are a tard fan.

Petrino building his program on the backs of criminals isn't news anymore. It'd be news if he were able to sign highly sought after players that were also good people/students. The part that cracks me up is when they pound their chest for getting a guy that was headed for JUCO or prison if not UL. They take a bogus offer list and pretend that they beat out all these programs when everyone else backed off when they learned the facts. When everyone else pumps the brake last chance U stomps the gas

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
he was booted from school without ever playing a down....

Oh really? You must be thinking of somebody else. Kid I'm speaking of had his incident during his freshman year, was suspended, reinstated a few games later, and wasn't "booted" until another arrest a couple years later. It was well-documented, so a quick google search would work if you know the kid's name. I'm not giving it, though.

I think Erik & TPE make some valid points. Every program has their problem kids, and nearly every program serious about winning in today's climate makes decisions that can be interpreted as questionable.

No Cave Man, I don't think it's a shame they hired Calipari. I think it's a shame they passed on him the first time though. He was the guy I campaigned for during the end of Tubby's tenure.

I mean that in general, it's a shame that overall, universities act the way they do when it comes to athletics. Taking questionable transfers. Overpaying coaches. I should have made that more clear.

GBB!!!

Thanks for that clarification.

Total arrested/citation/charged since 2010
Football
UK 18
UofL 10
UM 15
LSU 10
OSU 11
Bama 17

Data shows both UK and UofL are within the normal arrest totals for a Power 5 football program.

This is kind of the point. At UK players get in trouble for playing with pellet pistols while at UL a cheerleader is found dead in an athletes room from a heroin overdose and nothing to see here lets move on.

Petrino building his program on the backs of criminals isn't news anymore. It'd be news if he were able to sign highly sought after players that were also good people/students. The part that cracks me up is when they pound their chest for getting a guy that was headed for JUCO or prison if not UL. They take a bogus offer list and pretend that they beat out all these programs when everyone else backed off when they learned the facts. When everyone else pumps the brake last chance U stomps the gas
What is the list of criminals UL is building their program on? The only one I can remember is Willie Williams .

What is the list of criminals UL is building their program on? The only one I can remember is Willie Williams .

The players that lead Louisville the past 5 Years and got them to the ACC and rebuilt them are Teddy Bridgewater, DeVante Parker, Lorenzo Mauldin, Marcus Smith and Calvin Pryor...only One 4* Out of that Group and considered Good Guys especially Bridgewater-(They Love him in Minnesota) and Mauldin.

Those arrest numbers are bogus. It's like city population counts. Counting all of Jefferson county as louisville makes it seem much bigger than it is. UL's campus is one city block with nearly all student living off-campus. UK's campus is spread out over many miles. You could get robbed across the street from UL and it not be an on-campus crime and you could be miles between 2 academic buildings at UK and be on-campus.

What UL fans fail to realize is that there's a fundamental difference between Farmer, Chapman, or Porter and Tony Woods, Devonta Fields, and Willie Williams. Every school is going to have guys get in trouble in school or after school. You can't always know for sure the personality traits you've recruited. UL recruits known thugs when there's no question what they are. Every school doesn't do that. The vast majority of schools don't do that. That isn't a trait "of schools serious about winning" lol

The first thing Strong did when he came to UL was follow kids to class. Strong put Dyer on a supposed short leash no tolerance plan. Strong then made Dyer a backup, which suggested Dyer was not doing everything Strong wanted. Petrino arrives and gets the last semester out of Dyer and Dyer flunks out of school. I am trying see how Dyer was helped by UL. Perhaps Dyer would have failed even if Strong stayed at UL, but we will never know.

rod council, jonta woodard, trevon young, michael dyer, devonte fields, not gonna list "just pot" arrest but these should get you started.

Keeping Rick Pitino. Hiring Bobby Petrino. I mean, is it even debatable that people of that character don't belong anywhere near an academic environment? And especially as "men" filling leadership roles? Add to that U of L's willingness to accept players of highly questionable character, and you have to wonder how much longer Tom Jurich and U of L can conduct business in this manner (considering the intense media scrutiny).

GBB!!!

They are pure scum.

rod council, jonta woodard, trevon young, michael dyer, devonte fields, not gonna list "just pot" arrest but these should get you started.

No....the players that "Built" the Program and were the Stars if you want to go back to the John L. Smith era Earlier this Century were Deion Branch-(Former Super Bowl MVP), Elvis Dumervil-(NFL All Pro/Pro Bowl Player and Former 1st Team All American and Nagurski Trophy Winner...currently with the Baltimore Ravens), Chris Redman, Dave Ragone, Stefan LeFors, Eric Shelton, Harry Douglas-(Currently with the Tennessee Titans), Brian Brohm, Michael Bush, Amobi Okoye-(Former Top 10 Overall NFL Pick & 1st Team All American), Will Gay-(8 Year NFL Veteran, Super Bowl Champion and Starter for the Pittsburgh Steelers), Eric Wood-(Former 1st Round NFL Pick Current Starter for the Buffalo Bills), Marcus Smith-(1st Team All American and 2014 NFL 1st Round Pick Philadelphia Eagles), Calvin Pryor-(2014 1st Round NFL Draft Pick NY Jets), Teddy Bridgewater-(2014 1st Round NFL Draft Pick and the NFL 2014 Pepsi Rookie of the Year Minnesota Vikings), Gerod Holliman-(Jim Thorpe Award Winner 2014, 1st Team All American and 2015 7th Round Pick Pittsburgh Steelers), Lorenzo Mauldin-(2015 3rd Round Pick NY Jets) and DeVante Parker-(2015 NFL 1st Round Draft Pick Miami Dolphins).

Those players are the ones responsible for the most part for Louisville Success under John L. Smith/Bob Petrino earlier this Century and under Charlie Strong/Bob Petrino Through 2014...the only player on your list that was a Consistent Starter was Rod Council...smh...

Last edited:
No....the players that "Built" the Program and were the Stars if you want to go back to the John L. Smith era Earlier this Century were Deion Branch-(Former Super Bowl MVP), Elvis Dumervil-(NFL All Pro/Pro Bowl Player and Former 1st Team All American and Nagurski Trophy Winner...currently with the Baltimore Ravens), Chris Redman, Dave Ragone, Stefan LeFors, Eric Shelton, Harry Douglas-(Currently with the Tennessee Titans), Brian Brohm, Michael Bush, Amobi Okoye-(Former Top 10 Overall NFL Pick & 1st Team All American), Will Gay-(8 Year NFL Veteran, Super Bowl Champion and Starter for the Pittsburgh Steelers), Eric Wood-(Former 1st Round NFL Pick Current Starter for the Buffalo Bills), Marcus Smith-(1st Team All American and 2014 NFL 1st Round Pick Philadelphia Eagles), Calvin Pryor-(2014 1st Round NFL Draft Pick NY Jets), Teddy Bridgewater-(2014 1st Round NFL Draft Pick and the NFL 2014 Pepsi Rookie of the Year Minnesota Vikings), Gerod Holliman-(Jim Thorpe Award Winner 2014, 1st Team All American and 2015 7th Round Pick Pittsburgh Steelers), Lorenzo Mauldin-(2015 3rd Round Pick NY Jets) and DeVante Parker-(2015 NFL 1st Round Draft Pick Miami Dolphins).

Those players are the ones responsible for the most part for Louisville Success under John L. Smith/Bob Petrino earlier this Century and under Charlie Strong/Bob Petrino Through 2014...the only player on your list that was a Consistent Starter was Rod Council...smh...

Does that change the fact that your program consistently signs criminals that other schools like UK wouldn't consider?

And your school hires/keeps pure scum for coaches who are involved in sex scandals.

All the while, your whole fan base keeps the same mantra that all UK fans are dumb hicks living in trailer parks. Your whole program is classless and pure scum that will do anything to win while holding an inferiority complex that always manifests by calling the larger state school a bunch of uneducated hicks.

Your whole fan base says the rest of the state outside of Louisville should burn. UL fans have a sick, hateful mentality that shows up again and again in the coaches you hire and the criminals that you sign. Your actions are so loud I can't hear what you're saying anymore.

You don't even have any pride in your own state. You act like your city is some cultural mecca, which is a total joke.

I wouldn't support it by any means, but if the UL admin, media, fans etc just embraced it as fact, and came out publicly and said: We're trying to win at all costs, I wouldn't be quite as bothered by it. It's the fact that they still live in denial, even though they go after every single quality player that has been kicked out of another school, no matter how heinous the crime, and then always give some bs spin story about how they care about the kid and are trying to rehabilitate him. If you are recruiting criminals cause it helps you win, admit it and carry on. It's like they are the Raiders, (or Bengals...or Ravens in modern times) of college football, but refuse to embrace their bad boy image. Ray Rice woulda made one hell of a Cardinal! I'm starting to think Aaron Hernandez made a poor choice in colleges also.

Does that change the fact that your program consistently signs criminals that other schools like UK wouldn't consider?

And your school hires/keeps pure scum for coaches who are involved in sex scandals.

All the while, your whole fan base keeps the same mantra that all UK fans are dumb hicks living in trailer parks. Your whole program is classless and pure scum that will do anything to win while holding an inferiority complex that always manifests by calling the larger state school a bunch of uneducated hicks.

Your whole fan base says the rest of the state outside of Louisville should burn. UL fans have a sick, hateful mentality that shows up again and again in the coaches you hire and the criminals that you sign. Your actions are so loud I can't hear what you're saying anymore.

You don't even have any pride in your own state. You act like your city is some cultural mecca, which is a total joke.

1. My response to my post was that it was implied that UofL "success was due to the Jonta Woodard, Willie Williams, Mike Dyers etc etc"...Just pointing out that outside of Rod Council everyone he listed was at best Part Time Starters and made the point that the players that won for UofL were the Elvis Dumervil, Deion Branch, Stefan LeFors, DeVante Parker, Calvin Pryor and Teddy Bridgewater in the John L. Smith, Bob Petrino and Charlie Strong Eras this Century.

2. The problem is other schools do "Embrace" it...but just a hunch you only notice when UofL does it because they are close...if you follow it closely you see the Auburns do it-(Cam Newton being the biggest name) and Oklahoma with DGB-(with Oklahoma moving Heaven and Earth to give him a Waiver so he didn't have to sit out a year due to his Transfer from Missouri....the NCAA said NO!!...so DBG Became the Best Scout Team Player in the Country for the Sooners...he didn't play but was still on the OU Campus and practicing with them).

3. As for UofL my stance is and has always been if they stay clean here and do what they asked to do so be it and we continue to win at least 8 Regular Season Games a year so be it...so if that means I am a "Just Win Baby" person...then guess what....Just Win Baby...call UofL the Old School Oakland Raiders...the Old School Oakland Raiders of the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s won a Lot of Football Games...with the Money now being Generated especially with the News out of Birmingham with the Payouts College Athletics is a Win/Loses and Cash...

Last edited:
Well deion branch was arrested for theft while still at ul but I didn't list him cause it was only a few hundred dollars

Well deion branch was arrested for theft while still at ul but I didn't list him cause it was only a few hundred dollars

1. First I heard of that and If that the case he learned from that mistake and cleaned up his life and has been a Good Citizen...no hint of Trouble in his long NFL Career and now has a Foundation to Benefit Children.

2. This is an example of what he is currently doing in the Louisville Area this past Thanksgiving.

On November 21, Branch helped hand out bags of food to children at Engelhard Elementary as part of the Blessings in a Backpack program.

It helps ensure kids don't go hungry on the weekends, but that's not all. Branch also donated $100 gift certificates to 100 families, who couldn't afford a Thanksgiving dinner.

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/lo...e-families-have-a-thanksgiving-meal/19353793/

Last edited:
Seems the UL fans here accept that their program taking Fields is ugly, but they point to sports being ugly as the reason why they accept it. We have read, "if it were up to me" in an attempt to make sure the decision is not a reflection of their character, but that when it comes to big money sports, they are forced to accept the fact that their school will do anything to be relevant.

Also, it appears from a recent post that these second and third chance players have not been very helpful on the playing field toward making UL relevant.

The combination of these perspectives is most interesting to me.

I wonder if this year will be the year that UL has the most irrelevant transfers on its team. If so,what does that confirm about Bobby and what will that mean toward their insatiable amoral approach to relevance?

Lets hope the kids getting a little extra spending money helps with some of the stuff that has been happening with college sports athletes. Some of these kids come from very humble circumstances and do not have spending money so some are tempted to get it in the wrong way.

Drugs are IMO the driving force to for a lot of these kids getting into trouble so lets hope that having spending money doesn't increase that problem. I suppose it will probably just be the same as now and the kids that are basically good kids will be ok but the hell raisers will just have more cash to fund their hell raising.

I see this new deal of extra money for the kids already being misused by some of the shadier schools and I include UofL in that group. There is no way that the cost of living at schools like UofL and Auburn is that much more than it is at UK. The NCAA screwed up with the way this is figured and it should have been one rate for all. They should have known that the sleaze bag schools would try to cheat. An appeals process could have been put in place for areas that are truly high cost of living areas. Do you think that the cost of living is really higher in Louisville and Auburn than it is in Lexington.

Heck when the schools are scamming how do you expect to keep the players from following their example.

Seems the UL fans here accept that their program taking Fields is ugly, but they point to sports being ugly as the reason why they accept it. We have read, "if it were up to me" in an attempt to make sure the decision is not a reflection of their character, but that when it comes to big money sports, they are forced to accept the fact that their school will do anything to be relevant.

Also, it appears from a recent post that these second and third chance players have not been very helpful on the playing field toward making UL relevant.

The combination of these perspectives is most interesting to me.

I wonder if this year will be the year that UL has the most irrelevant transfers on its team. If so,what does that confirm about Bobby and what will that mean toward their insatiable amoral approach to relevance?

Very Good and Thought out Post...and I agree time will tell

Michael Dyer was never arrested. You listed 3 guys over 10 years, not exactly showing a trend are you?

Dyer has to be considered a bust at UL. He had a few good moments, but never could repeat at UL what he did for Auburn. Why would be an interesting discussion.

Overall, I think people would agree that he was bad for the Cards.

Dyer has to be considered a bust at UL. He had a few good moments, but never could repeat at UL what he did for Auburn. Why would be an interesting discussion.

I don't think he was bad for UL but he never reached the potential people saw in him. A good part of that had to do with injuries.

Dyer was rarely healthy while at Louisville. He was allegedly a compliant player while at Louisville, until he decided to throw in the white towel on his classwork last semester. That will hurt Louisville in APR if it happens very much at all, and is the #1 risk of taking kids with a troubled past.

Louisville has taken several over the years that have had trouble in their past, and that is obviously well-documented. When you do that, you are most certainly going to earn the tag of 2nd chance University. But the truth is, that the true number of these types on their roster in any given year are proportionately very small, and much smaller than is publically perceived/stated on forums such as this. Although they've had a few backfire on them, most have stayed clean, grown up, and went on to finish their careers during their work & avoiding trouble. Of the few that have backfired, I find it interesting that it usually occurs when a new coach comes in. Not sure if anything to that, but i find it interesting to say the least. And of course the notion that TJ & UL control actions of LMPD & the Metro Louisville/JC Justice Department in any way is ludicrous.

Like I said earlier, if Fields is convicted of assaulting a female, then I doubt he steps foot on campus. If he isn't, he will surely be in. A lot of these high-profile arrests (especially with kids) often turn into something much less when the legal process plays out. Our system is set up that way. You have to give youngsters going astray every chance to change moving forward in the justice system, even if they don't in most instances.

Don't think UofL doesn't look at situations on a case-by-case basis and admit only the kids they think they can reform. They must do this in today's age of APR. Of course, some decisions (like WW) look incredibly bad sometimes. I've always thought they need to do a better job talking about their success stories.

When UaVel fans accept and embrace a man who has proved repeatedly (even Turtleneck admitted he had left a dumpster fire in his previous stint) that he is a pathologically lying, ethically challenged sack of dung, then it shouldn't come as a surprise that their fans would be here attempting to justify the pursuit of discarded trash from other programs.

I don't think he was bad for UL but he never reached the potential people saw in him. A good part of that had to do with injuries.

Luckily Petrino saw the ability of Brandon Radcliff...Dyer was a Disappointment on the Field but for 2 years he was basically out with injuries...a hip in 2013 and a thigh injury for the bulk of the 2014 season.

Keeping Rick Pitino. Hiring Bobby Petrino. I mean, is it even debatable that people of that character don't belong anywhere near an academic environment? And especially as "men" filling leadership roles? Add to that U of L's willingness to accept players of highly questionable character, and you have to wonder how much longer Tom Jurich and U of L can conduct business in this manner (considering the intense media scrutiny).

GBB!!!
What intense media scrutiny.....lol

W

Well hurtt did a bunch of atrocious things at the U, and almost assuredly did at UL to get the FOUR four stars and TWELVE commits from Florida in the 10 class but never gets mentioned because the con man financing his giveaways at the U only had $930,000,000 of other peoples money to spend and the incompetent NCAA stubbed their toe so badly there that they were afraid to investigate him at UL. Besides, even after they said he should be suspended jurich couldn't afford to fire him, probably the same reason Strong couldn't take the Thug U job.

W

Well hurtt did a bunch of atrocious things at the U, and almost assuredly did at UL to get the FOUR four stars and TWELVE commits from Florida in the 10 class but never gets mentioned because the con man financing his giveaways at the U only had $930,000,000 of other peoples money to spend and the incompetent NCAA stubbed their toe so badly there that they were afraid to investigate him at UL. Besides, even after they said he should be suspended jurich couldn't afford to fire him, probably the same reason Strong couldn't take the Thug U job.
Question Jauk- I see you on here railing on Hurt all the time, wasn't Stoops a part of the Miami staff when all that stuff was going on down there?

Question Jauk- I see you on here railing on Hurt all the time, wasn't Stoops a part of the Miami staff when all that stuff was going on down there?

Does anyone know if Stoops was at Miami while Hurtt was knee deep in his dirt. If so that doesn't mean he was in on the dirt and he may have left when he saw that they were dirty.

We know Hurtt was dirty but all you are doing is trying to transfer some of the dirt without any information that Stoops even knew what was going on at Miami. I am sure Hurtt was not advertising that he was dirty and getting help from criminals.

Lets see Stoops never listed in any of the wrong doing and Hurt so into it that he got a show cause from the NCAA and was linked with a criminal that was helping him finance his dirty work. A very poor comparison IMO.

The dirty Hurt used his fruit of the poison tree to help bring players to UofL. I don't know if this technical make UofL guilty. I however do know it makes them ethically guilty but using UofL and ethical in the same sentence is an oxymoron. IMO all of those players brought in by Hurtt should have been declared ineligible to play at UofL

I did a little research. Stoops was at Mimi U from 2001 to 2003. Hurt graduated from Miami in 2001 and became a graduate Assistant at Miami U in 2003. He left Miami U for another coaching position and came back to Miami U in 2006 as an assistant DL coach. He was promoted to Recruiting coordinator in 2007. Stoops had very little contact with Hurtt as he was at Miami U only when Hurtt was a student and a Grad Assistant coach. All of Hurtts cheating was done long after Stoops had moved on to FSU.

Last edited:

I did the same research as C1180 but he beat me to it. Besides since hurtt looks more like a big slob than a DB to me doubt if they would have had much contact anyway.

Did Stoops have to borrow $5,000 from the con artist and best friend to pay his power bill, I assume the NROTY's salary wasn't enough to cover it, surely it couldn't have been for fifty $100 handshakes-----or could it? And doesn't it sound reasonable that the check he repaid the "loan" with when the heat turned up was just exchanged for cash? Was Stoops best friends with the con man while he was there, did he "borrow" $5,000 interest free from him? Geez, the man had to get rid of the rest of $930,000,000 he bilked people out of before he went to prison.

It is well documented how hurtt won the NROTY in the middle of all that talent and the beaches in Miami at a school noted for cheating, how the hell did he do it at a struggling program a thousand miles from the home AND beaches of TWELVE Florida commits in 2010, four of them four stars from Miami. THAT is when UL came out of the doldrums.

Connect the dots, anyone but the NCAA should be able to do it. Actually they could have too, if they hadn't stubbed their to so badly in the fiasco investigation at the U..

ADVERTISEMENT