ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Signee To Be Tried For Assault..

Did Stoops receive checks from Nevin Shapiro for impermissible "loans"? No, he didn't. That was Clint Hurtt, who also appeared to be best buds with Shapiro, according to phone records.

Did Stoops receive checks from Nevin Shapiro for impermissible "loans"? No, he didn't. That was Clint Hurtt, who also appeared to be best buds with Shapiro, according to phone records.

Shaparo was good friends with a lot of people at Miami including Frank Martin...but really "Cheating" goes on everywhere....how do you suspect that Oregon got sssooo good so fast...paying a Service up to $25K per player-(LeMarcus Charles for example) to funnel players to Chip Kelly....the only thing the NCAA did was strip Oregon one scholly a year and gave Chip Kelly a show cause after he knew the gig was up and he was gone to the NFL...at the end of the day for the Ducks it was worth it...again it is what it is.

Last edited:
Shaparo was good friends with a lot of people at Miami including Frank Martin...but really "Cheating" goes on everywhere....how do you suspect that Oregon got sssooo good so fast...paying a Service up to $25K per player-(LeMarcus Charles for example) to funnel players to Chip Kelly....the only thing the NCAA did was strip Oregon one scholly a year and gave Chip Kelly a show cause after he knew the gig was up and he was gone to the NFL...at the end of the day for the Ducks it was worth it...again it is what it is.

So you're ok with UaVel hiring and keeping a cheater when any AD worth his salt would have shitcanned him? You're ok with it because goes on "everywhere". I understand that mentality from UaVel, because as I said earlier, you embraced and accepted the hiring of a pathologically lying, ethically challenged sack of dung for a coach, so nothing, from defending Hurtt to trying to justify the pursuit of discarded trash from other schools surprises me. In fact, nothing that UaVel does surprises me, nor does the futile attempts of their fans to trying to justify it.

If you say so...again I don't get on this moral high horse of College Athletics for the simple reason in reality whether you want to accept it or not-(again the choice is yours) it's all about Wins and Losses-(and Petrino 9 years as a College Head Coach 6 of those years he has won at least 9 games a year) and making $$$ ...examples the profits of the SECN and BTN...it is what it is

Last edited:
Again, you accept that UaVel's athletic department doesn't care how much trash they need to drag in as long as they are winning. I get that. Just quit trying to justify your acceptance of it because "everybody does it".

If you say so...again I don't get on this moral high horse of College Athletics for the simple reason in reality whether you want to accept it or not-(again the choice is yours) it's all about Wins and Losses and making $$$ ...examples the profits of the SECN and BTN...it is what it is

Hard to get on a "moral high horse" when you are buried in horses&@t.

Hard to get on a "moral high horse" when you are buried in horses&@t.

And unfortunately so is just about everyone...but since a school that was thisclose to shutting down its Football Program 30 years ago has had 3 straight Top 25 Finishes and now plays in a P5 league instead of C-USA some want to focus on them...i am just saying they are not alone and not even the worst...they just reside in the same State as your Wildcats

And unfortunately so is just about everyone...but since a school that was thisclose to shutting down its Football Program 30 years ago has had 3 straight Top 25 Finishes and now plays in a P5 league instead of C-USA some want to focus on them...i am just saying they are not alone and not even the worst

LOL

Just win baby.

And while I thought for a long time several schools would be hard to beat in stooping to new lows to "Just Win Baby", the U with hURTT, Thug U, USC west, Auburn, etc, I sincerely believe Transfer U with jurich and his motley crew have clawed their way to the top of the stinking heap.

Maybe not the best team at anything, but certainly letting nothing about ethics stand in their way.

By the way, how do you explain so many people living in Louisville when the cost of living there is almost twice what it is in Lexington?

Sorry, had to edit because I don't capitalize some people's names because I consider it a sign of respect but since I capitalized a whole name for emphasis I slipped up, had to go back and change it to a small h.

Jauk11 you need to get with the Financial Aid department at Kentucky on what according to the Formula for the Cost of attendance why you're about 2K below everyone else including Louisville and most of the SEC

Pretty telling when UL, Thug U, and Auburn are among the highest.

But it is all legal and cleared by the NCAA

BS. Didn't they try to get hurtt ousted from coaching in college? Isn't the truth that they were so embarrassed by the fiasco at the U that they just wanted to run and hide instead of trying to find out how hurtt became the NROTY at a down and out program like UL, with literally nothing but cheap wins going for it, no beaches, long way from home, a CITY COLLEGE in everything but sports. And besides charging real students to support paying a coach no one else would hire FOUR times what he was making he routinely shut down the city college on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and high school's Friday night, not to mention a few Sunday games, in order to gain exposure for his sports.

Willie, BP, Pitino, hurtt, and the head cheese, what a lineup.

BS. Didn't they try to get hurtt ousted from coaching in college? Isn't the truth that they were so embarrassed by the fiasco at the U that they just wanted to run and hide instead of trying to find out how hurtt became the NROTY at a down and out program like UL, with literally nothing but cheap wins going for it, no beaches, long way from home, a CITY COLLEGE in everything but sports. And besides charging real students to support paying a coach no one else would hire FOUR times what he was making he routinely shut down the city college on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and high school's Friday night, not to mention a few Sunday games, in order to gain exposure for his sports.

Willie, BP, Pitino, hurtt, and the head cheese, what a lineup.

And again where is the Righteous Indignation for Chip Kelly...a College HC that got the Same Show Cause from the NCAA...and if he fails in the NFL you will have Colleges lining up to take Kelly back.

Was talking about the Cost of Attendance in my above post

Last edited:
Just saw that Fields has reached a settlement, and the charges will be dropped upon completion of an anger management class. Hope the kid can now keep his nose clean, and redeem himself.

If you say so...again I don't get on this moral high horse of College Athletics for the simple reason in reality whether you want to accept it or not-(again the choice is yours) it's all about Wins and Losses-(and Petrino 9 years as a College Head Coach 6 of those years he has won at least 9 games a year) and making $$$ ...examples the profits of the SECN and BTN...it is what it is

Does it really take a moral high horse to determine what is right and what is wrong? You are like a dry leaf blowing in the wind. Your posts lead me to believe you lack any moral compass and justify bad behavior by repeatedly quoting other bad behavior. It presents as lacking character.

Does it really take a moral high horse to determine what is right and what is wrong? You are like a dry leaf blowing in the wind. Your posts lead me to believe you lack any moral compass and justify bad behavior by repeatedly quoting other bad behavior. It presents as lacking character.

That is not it...it is more that I understand in the Grand Scheme most don't care about these Young Men...most people only care about whether they can Run, Catch or Throw for a TD-(That is why a Louisville takes a chance on DeVonte Fields, a Oklahoma takes a DGB or a Alabama takes a Jonathan Taylor) or if they can Dunk a Basketball and now much Money they can make off them..(ie the $31.1 Million Per School from the SEC and the $25 Million Per School for the Big XII)...wait until the B1G Numbers come out...I suspect it will be even larger then the SEC.

I understand for the most part these Coaches and College Adminstrators only truly care about are Wins and Losses at the P5 Level...if it was about Developing "Young Men" then they would not even take some of these players...The SEC had a Purposal to not take these types of Transfers...they tabled that Purposal this past week.

Last edited:
Have to give the SEC Some Credit...earlier this week they had tabled this Purposal...now they have passed it

SEC presidents and chancellors adopted a proposal by Georgia that would prevent conference schools from accepting transfer students with histories of domestic violence or sexual assault.

Some around the league doubted that the presidents would be able to agree to a league-wide policy, but SEC executive associate commissioner Greg Sankey said "the sentiment was very clear" that the league should address what has been a hot-button issue in sports.

"[There was] not a lot of variance at the end of the conversation," Sankey said. "I actually think the league came together on this issue. There were healthy conversations."

As adopted, the proposal states that "a transfer student-athlete who has been subject to official university of athletics department disciplinary action at any time during enrollment at any previous collegiate institution (excluding limited discipline applied by a sports team or temporary disciplinary action during an investigation) due to serious misconduct (as defined herein) shall not be eligible for athletically-related financial aid, practice or competition at an SEC member institution."

This legislation would have prevented Alabama's controversial acceptance of defensive lineman Jonathan Taylor, who still faces domestic violence charges stemming from a 2014 arrest while he played at Georgia. Taylor was arrested for a second time on such charges earlier this year after enrolling at Alabama, although those charges might be dropped because his accuser was arrested for recanting her assault claim. The Crimson Tide dismissed Taylor after the most recent arrest.

Should charges be dropped or should a player receive a not guilty verdict that could clear his/her name, Sankey said the commissioner could consider approving a transfer via waiver.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ts-histories-domestic-violence-sexual-assault

Now since Fields has cleared up apparently his situation he has to be held to the same standard if not higher then Taylor...that is just my opinion but I have no say in this...that is Tom Jurich and Bob Petrino call...this is DeVonte Fields current situation...JMO, if he did what was alleged below why wasn't he charged with a Felony instead of a Misdemeanor...just saying...it doesn't add up:

Upon completion of anger management course, assault charge against Louisville’s Devonte Fields to be dropped
Posted by John Taylor on May 31, 2015, 10:10 AM EDT
devonte-fields.jpg
AP
It appears Devonte Fields has dodged a serious legal bullet.

In July of last year, Fields was involved in an alleged domestic incident with his ex-girlfriend. According to reports at the time, Fields’ ex accused him of pointing a gun at her; threatening to “blast” her while pointing the gun at her; and punching her in the face with a closed fist. All of that netted him a misdemeanor assault causing bodily injury charge; a dismissal from TCU; and a trial that was set for June 17.

Now, though, it appears the case will disappear altogether if he can complete a single court stipulation.

The family of ex-TCU football star Devonte Fields says his assault charge is to be dismissed with completion of anger management course.

— Jack Douglas Jr. (@JackDouglasCBS) May 29, 2015

DA official: misdemeanor assault charge to be dropped if ex-TCU football star Devonte Fields completes anger management course.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...nst-louisvilles-devonte-fields-to-be-dropped/

Last edited:
Time to put the UofL trash on ignore. We all know we could not be on their board posting like they are posting on this board.

And unfortunately so is just about everyone...but since a school that was thisclose to shutting down its Football Program 30 years ago has had 3 straight Top 25 Finishes and now plays in a P5 league instead of C-USA some want to focus on them...i am just saying they are not alone and not even the worst...they just reside in the same State as your Wildcats[/QUOTE

Unforunately your excuse shows the lameness that your fans and program leans toward. Your program is a very sorry outfit along with your fans.

Again, you accept that UaVel's athletic department doesn't care how much trash they need to drag in as long as they are winning. I get that. Just quit trying to justify your acceptance of it because "everybody does it".

I just accept the reality of College Athletics even though I have made it clear I don't care for it and would rather not take DeVonte Fields-(always said it is not my call and falls on the Head of Tom Jurich and Bob Petrino)...at the end of the day that is what Most College Fans and Alums Care about...you don't pay these coaches like Petrino $3.5 Million a Year to a Les Miles $4 Million a Year to a Jim Harbaugh $5 Million a Year to a Saban $7 Million a Year just for Graduation Rates...it is and always been about W's and L's...and if it doesn't stop a Auburn, Alabama or a Oklahoma from bringing in "Shady" Players or a Oregon from virtually buying players why would anyone else stop

Last edited:
All schools are all about winning. If not UK would have kept Joker - he was a great person from what everybody said about him. They also would never of hired Calipari who bailed on two schools , leaving them with vacated final 4's and probation. College sports is big business and 99% of fans only care about winning.

Now you are really showing your ignorance, why don't you try to educate yourself about what really happened.

Cal does a lot of public appearances, civic things, donations, AND is a good family man, compare that to the sleazeball adulterer abortionist coverup master running your basketball team.

The NCAA took the UNPRECEDENTED step of specifically exonerating Cal of wrongdoing in both of those investigations. Maybe the only thing they got right in the past ten years.

You could be wrong about that 99% if you are talking about UL fans, apparently it is closer to 100% from the posters on here. I used to think TPE was an intelligent poster, now I think he is someone I would sure hate to buy a used car from, just win baby, money is everything.

How could you trust anyone with his attitudes..

Now you are really showing your ignorance, why don't you try to educate yourself about what really happened.

Cal does a lot of public appearances, civic things, donations, AND is a good family man, compare that to the sleazeball adulterer abortionist coverup master running your basketball team.

The NCAA took the UNPRECEDENTED step of specifically exonerating Cal of wrongdoing in both of those investigations. Maybe the only thing they got right in the past ten years.

You could be wrong about that 99% if you are talking about UL fans, apparently it is closer to 100% from the posters on here. I used to think TPE was an intelligent poster, now I think he is someone I would sure hate to buy a used car from, just win baby, money is everything.

Actually I am Honest to a Fault so I would not try to scam anyone...if you really read what I have said let me break it down my personal feeling and how I see it:

1. If I was in charge I would not have hired Petrino...the person I wanted was Pat Narduzzi now the HC at Pitt...but since Petrino is the HC at Louisville I accepted it.

2. Would not take DeVonte Fields and that baggage...but that is the AD & HC Call on that not mine.

3. Louisville is not alone in taking in "Shady Players" either through Recruitment or Transfers...just been pointing that out.

My point is and will always be this...College Coaches, Administrators, Fans and Alums pay lip service to doing it the "Right Way"...if that wasn't the case you would not have Univerisities paying Services to funnel players to Certain School-(Oregon...only thing they got was a Reduction of 1 Scholarship a year and Chip Kelly a 18 Month Show Cause while Currently Coaching the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFL), you would not have a Decades long Academic Scam-(UNC...watch hardly anything will be done to them) etc...etc..fact is way too much $$$ involved and really right now Men's Basketball and Football at the P5 Level are just the Minor Leagues for the NBA and NFL...Just call it like I see it

Last edited:
Time to put the UofL trash on ignore. We all know we could not be on their board posting like they are posting on this board.
Just keep hitting the Report post button on them. They'll eventually ban the UL trash. It might take a while, but the more people report them, the quicker they'll be banned.

1. First I heard of that and If that the case he learned from that mistake and cleaned up his life and has been a Good Citizen...no hint of Trouble in his long NFL Career and now has a Foundation to Benefit Children.

2. This is an example of what he is currently doing in the Louisville Area this past Thanksgiving.

On November 21, Branch helped hand out bags of food to children at Engelhard Elementary as part of the Blessings in a Backpack program.

It helps ensure kids don't go hungry on the weekends, but that's not all. Branch also donated $100 gift certificates to 100 families, who couldn't afford a Thanksgiving dinner.

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/lo...e-families-have-a-thanksgiving-meal/19353793/

Nothing wrong with that, but did Branch or UL have the cameras rolling?

Here is a clip I copied from his contract negotiations in 10, when he was making about twice what Welker was making with Baltimore:

"Branch has two years left on a six-year, $39 million contract he signed with Seattle after being traded in 2006 by New England, where he spent four seasons. Branch's $5.47 million salary this season was not reduced.

The restructuring makes more money available for the Patriots to pursue a contract extension for Welker."

Thirty million dollar contract, and he is a hero for giving some food and $10,000 to needy families. Ten thousand out of $39,000,000 is about 0.016% of his money from that one contract, (not counting the millions before and after that) about like someone that was pretty well off dropping a dollar bill in the collection plate on a Sunday when I was a kid.

As far as that goes I quit thinking of athletes making millions as anything special decades ago. I have never and would never buy a pair of $1 Nikes that cost $100 partly because Michael endorses them, and I am sick to death of Fabvre' (sp) ads. A few good people among them, just like there are in every group you care to look at.

Most of these generous acts are well publicized and well covered, like the UK football team "helping" the storm victims in Louisville when Strong was there, if they had taken PART of the coaches salaries for that one day and hired 100 men that needed the money at $100 each to do the work they would have got a lot more done and the players could have had a day off.

Have to give the SEC Some Credit...earlier this week they had tabled this Purposal...now they have passed it

SEC presidents and chancellors adopted a proposal by Georgia that would prevent conference schools from accepting transfer students with histories of domestic violence or sexual assault.

Some around the league doubted that the presidents would be able to agree to a league-wide policy, but SEC executive associate commissioner Greg Sankey said "the sentiment was very clear" that the league should address what has been a hot-button issue in sports.

"[There was] not a lot of variance at the end of the conversation," Sankey said. "I actually think the league came together on this issue. There were healthy conversations."

As adopted, the proposal states that "a transfer student-athlete who has been subject to official university of athletics department disciplinary action at any time during enrollment at any previous collegiate institution (excluding limited discipline applied by a sports team or temporary disciplinary action during an investigation) due to serious misconduct (as defined herein) shall not be eligible for athletically-related financial aid, practice or competition at an SEC member institution."

This legislation would have prevented Alabama's controversial acceptance of defensive lineman Jonathan Taylor, who still faces domestic violence charges stemming from a 2014 arrest while he played at Georgia. Taylor was arrested for a second time on such charges earlier this year after enrolling at Alabama, although those charges might be dropped because his accuser was arrested for recanting her assault claim. The Crimson Tide dismissed Taylor after the most recent arrest.

Should charges be dropped or should a player receive a not guilty verdict that could clear his/her name, Sankey said the commissioner could consider approving a transfer via waiver.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ts-histories-domestic-violence-sexual-assault

Now since Fields has cleared up apparently his situation he has to be held to the same standard if not higher then Taylor...that is just my opinion but I have no say in this...that is Tom Jurich and Bob Petrino call...this is DeVonte Fields current situation...JMO, if he did what was alleged below why wasn't he charged with a Felony instead of a Misdemeanor...just saying...it doesn't add up:

Upon completion of anger management course, assault charge against Louisville’s Devonte Fields to be dropped
Posted by John Taylor on May 31, 2015, 10:10 AM EDT
devonte-fields.jpg
AP
It appears Devonte Fields has dodged a serious legal bullet.

In July of last year, Fields was involved in an alleged domestic incident with his ex-girlfriend. According to reports at the time, Fields’ ex accused him of pointing a gun at her; threatening to “blast” her while pointing the gun at her; and punching her in the face with a closed fist. All of that netted him a misdemeanor assault causing bodily injury charge; a dismissal from TCU; and a trial that was set for June 17.

Now, though, it appears the case will disappear altogether if he can complete a single court stipulation.

The family of ex-TCU football star Devonte Fields says his assault charge is to be dismissed with completion of anger management course.

DA official: misdemeanor assault charge to be dropped if ex-TCU football star Devonte Fields completes anger management course.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...nst-louisvilles-devonte-fields-to-be-dropped/

It was passed who you posted on it earlier. Your redundant posts are worthless.

It was passed who you posted on it earlier. Your redundant posts are worthless.

Actually it tabled earlier this past week....they went ahead and got it through this weekend...Good for the SEC...as of right now they are the only P5 League if I am not mistaken that is doing this.

Pitino and Petrino do all those things to. If all companies fired people who committed adultery and paid for abortions there would be a lot of job openings. I would of had no problem hiring Calipari at Louisville, but you have to admit his reputation is kind of sleazy. Fans will always stick up for their coaches a s long as they are winning. UK fans and UL fans are no different,

Reactions: The Public Enemy
UK did not give Tubman a second chance and there is doubt that he even did anything wrong. I am surprised he isn't now at UofL. He is clean compared to some they bring in.

I
Pitino and Petrino do all those things to. If all companies fired people who committed adultery and paid for abortions there would be a lot of job openings. I would of had no problem hiring Calipari at Louisville, but you have to admit his reputation is kind of sleazy. Fans will always stick up for their coaches a s long as they are winning. UK fans and UL fans are no different,

The only persons that think Coach Cal is sleazy are those that refuse to look at the facts, he was investigated thoroughly by the NCAA twice and they exonerated him. How well do you think hurtt would have fared if the NCAA had done a thorough investigation of his miracle class at UL? As far as him cheating at UK he would have to be stupid to do so at the greatest program ever overall with the best of everything, facilities, tradition, AND fan base, he turns down five stars the way it is.

Right, all companies not only hire sleazeballs but also reward them with huge contracts, who was jurich bidding against to give petrino a 400% jump in salary? What was his basis for giving him a $500,000 bonus ($50,000 is a normal amount, although with ULs players it might have been desereved) for his team meeting the MINIMUM NCAA grade requirements when he wasn't even there for most of that time. Not to mention the pitino fiasco.

Reactions: BengalWACO
I

The only persons that think Coach Cal is sleazy are those that refuse to look at the facts, he was investigated thoroughly by the NCAA twice and they exonerated him. How well do you think hurtt would have fared if the NCAA had done a thorough investigation of his miracle class at UL? As far as him cheating at UK he would have to be stupid to do so at the greatest program ever overall with the best of everything, facilities, tradition, AND fan base, he turns down five stars the way it is.

Right, all companies not only hire sleazeballs but also reward them with huge contracts, who was jurich bidding against to give petrino a 400% jump in salary? What was his basis for giving him a $500,000 bonus ($50,000 is a normal amount, although with ULs players it might have been desereved) for his team meeting the MINIMUM NCAA grade requirements when he wasn't even there for most of that time. Not to mention the pitino fiasco.

^^^Good response^^^!
Dealing with a large fan base with a large Lil Brother complex! Personally find much humor in lots of UofL bloggers posts on this site.

I

Apparently Matt Jones thought he was pretty sleazy by reading what he wrote about him before they played Kansas.

I'm wearing the report button out on the Troll. We shouldn't have to put up with him much longer.

It looks like Turtle Necks arm has a long reach. The charges have now been dropped.

They are the most corrupt program in the nation. They somehow have the power of the Mafia and there is not a person willing to stand against Turtle Neck and the others there.

There was a thread about "Good Men Doing Nothing". This is perfect example of why that was so very true. We need to do something about this!!!!!

It looks like Turtle Necks arm has a long reach. The charges have now been dropped.

They are the most corrupt program in the nation. They somehow have the power of the Mafia and there is not a person willing to stand against Turtle Neck and the others there.

There was a thread about "Good Men Doing Nothing". This is perfect example of why that was so very true. We need to do something about this!!!!!
I've heard everything now. You actually believe Tom Jurich has that kind of power? Wow.

Lol.

Guess toms checkbook got opened about the time this story hit the news.
I dont know why my thread about how we need to organize at the least an education campaign to help expose that dirty and corrupt program. I honestly feel that UK is somewhat complacent by treating them like they are above board. We should not play them in any sport until they get cleaned up. A bold move by our AD would bring this about because they are dependent on us. It is only getting worse as we all seen last year our boys could not even warm up during the pregame without being attacked and assaulted by bobby and his thugs. Drop those cheaters and criminals now in every sport!

Reactions: Pervis_Griffith
ADVERTISEMENT