ADVERTISEMENT

KSR keeps hinting a Front Court player will still be added..

Nobody has mentioned yet that Matt Jones knows less than the average poster on this board. He can float this idea around to get people to listen, but he can't produce an actual name because he is making it up. I just can't understand for the life of me why anyone listens to Jones or takes stock in anything that he says. He is a nerd who knows nothing about the game of basketball. He's nothing more than an attention seeker.
Your comment oozes envy. Jones is smart and by any standard successful. He has gone from a "fan" to having one of the most successful college sites in the country. He's working the sidelines DURING the games. Even if he were a complete idiot, he might learn something that "the average fan" doesn't know. Jones is no idiot,

Your comment oozes envy. Jones is smart and by any standard successful. He has gone from a "fan" to having one of the most successful college sites in the country. He's working the sidelines DURING the games. Even if he were a complete idiot, he might learn something that "the average fan" doesn't know. Jones is no idiot,

He must be doing something right:

CBsJ2AVVEAA1Hvv.jpg

I'd absolutely take Humphries. Big, talented enough to play here, multi-year player that wouldn't demand or require huge minutes next season.

Some elite schools are already after him and getting a full year under his belt before we'd really rely on him next season would be a bonus. A top-50 kid in a class as good as 2016 is welcome here any day.

I'd absolutely take Humphries. Big, talented enough to play here, multi-year player that wouldn't demand or require huge minutes next season.

Some elite schools are already after him and getting a full year under his belt before we'd really rely on him next season would be a bonus. A top-50 kid in a class as good as 2016 is welcome here any day.

If Humphries is indeed the guy, that would be huge. He's been sliding up the rankings over the last few months, and everything you said is true. Plus, I think it benefits UK in the long term with the international recruiting Cal's been doing lately. Skal from Haiti; Mulder, Murray, and Lyles from Canada; Karl from DR; Tai from New Zealand; and possibly Humphries from Australia. Plus, Cal already has massive inroads in China from his work there a few years ago.

Does he know more than the common folk, probably. I also wouldn't put it past him to intentionally say something that isn't true to keep people interested though. No one can call him out on it, so it is basically like it never happened.

I have to agree. I have seen MJ, on several occasions, sitting with the coaching staff, so I do think he gets some tidbits. However, when the coaching staff does not know 100%, then neither does MJ. I agree with Hoskins, in that sometimes I think he throws things against the wall, to see what sticks, and that he also gets bits of information, then tries to connect the dots. But, does he have some inside information. I think it is without question.

Didn't MJ refer to a guy that would join the team this year? Humphries is a 2016 kid

It's funny that Matt is still hearing we add a frontcourt player, while I am hearing that we are not. Walk-ons don't count either, UK is not looking to add another scholarship player this season. Calipari has clearly turned his focus to the 2016 class and getting the new players acclimated to life in Lexington. Jones is wrong yet again.

I don't see why he wouldn't just say a name.It couldn't be that huge a player because most are signed by now.

I don't see why he wouldn't just say a name.It couldn't be that huge a player because most are signed by now.

I know exactly why Matt didn't say a name. Look, I get Matt has a popular radio show, I get that he has access that the average fan doesn't. However, this does not mean he is any more privy to inside info than anyone else. He is guessing just like others, and when he is not guessing he is just floating ideas around (like this one) to get listeners. Calipari has been pretty transparent about our recruiting this season and seasons past. We knew he was going after Jamal Murray, and he even said if everything worked out we like he thought, we would be adding him. He didn't name Murray specifically, but we knew what he was talking about.

If we were looking to add another big, wouldn't we have been more involved in Papagiannis' recruitment towards the end? He was the best big available and we barely gave him a look. My inside info on this is Calipari. By reading his words and studying his actions, I've concluded that we are finished recruiting scholarship players for 2015. I put a lot more stock into what coach says over Matt Jones, unlike some of you dummies.

Reactions: JohnnyinShelbyville
It is kind of interesting that there has been 0 news about Isaac Humphries for the last 3 months or so. His season ended, I assume he finished the school year out at La Lumiere, then he headed back home to Australia and fell off the radar. That's a situation that lends itself to speculation.

One note about him, if someone else hasn't mentioned- if he does come for 15-16, he has to be a multi-year player, because he just misses the age cut-off. He won't turn 19 until January of 2017, meaning he's not eligible for the 2016 draft.

Reactions: SaguaroCat
Interesting to read those whose take on this is that MJ said it was definitely going to happen - he didn't. Based on listening to his radio show where this has been talked about, he clearly believes there is a good possibility UK adds another big for this class but not that it is a foregone conclusion. Further, the impression I get from the show is that it is not a traditional 5 star type recruit and could very well be a player of the walk-on caliber.

I believe he has heard some rumblings that cause him to feel fairly certain, barring a late change of mind from either the player or coaching staff or some hoops that cannot be jumped through, UK will be adding another front court player. It is not written in stone. It is just information he feels strong enough about to make listeners aware but not definite enough to say who. As a result he is withholding the name until it is a go, probably as a condition of getting the information. I am not sure why that is hard to understand or even hard to believe.

Are he and the rest of the KSR crew having fun with it? Sure they are. Recruiting is fun to specualate on; it's what we do here. I know that is one of the major reasons I spend so much time on this site and a large reason why I enjoy the radio show. But yes, I do take things with a grain of salt and the spirit in which the informaiton is provided.

I thought the rule was 19 OR 1 year removed from your graduating high school class... not AND removed.

That was my understanding also Jason. But I have wondered if a player reclassifies to a different class if it is the orignal class or the new class that they have to be 1 year removed.

The rule is for both (must be 19 AND 1 year removed)

Darryl
Yep. And while the NBA has shown some flexibility on the concept of "graduating class" (which has become pretty nebulous with all the 5 year prep schools and basketball academies top players are attending), the age rule has no wiggle room at all.

Bigkari... you ever think youay be wrong.

Let it go man you don't have the sources and access to kentucky basketball. Like Matt Jones does. We might not get an addition in August and it may be the case that MJ is wrong this time. But I would take his word over anyone on a message board.

Did you get that invite to the trophy tour?

Let it go man you don't have the sources and access to kentucky basketball. Like Matt Jones does. We might not get an addition in August and it may be the case that MJ is wrong this time. But I would take his word over anyone on a message board.

Get a grasp on the English language before you try coming at me bub. I had to take a couple advil after reading that.

Chester, you don't look like a cat daddy[laughing][jumpingsmile]

My bad bub! So who is kentucky getting in 2021 bub?

For all questions recruiting or kentucky basketball related questions bigkari is your guy. Please direct all questions his way. Dude is brilliant. Please no spelling or grammar errors.

My bad bub! So who is kentucky getting in 2021 bub?

For all questions recruiting or kentucky basketball related questions bigkari is your guy. Please direct all questions his way. Dude is brilliant. Please no spelling or grammar errors.

Now we're gettin' somewhere

I don't think we're getting anyone else guys. I mean hell who could it even be? We're pretty stacked as it is and we should also have Wynyard coming in halfway through the season.

Reactions: BigKari
about the big man we are supposedly adding? It's been awfully quiet on that front, at least on this board, I don't listen to his show. I was lambasted for suggesting that Jones was making it up. So any names still floating out there? Any recruiting talk from Coach Cal that I missed?

I would be surprised if we got anyone else for this year. Seems awful late to be adding someone.

If Ivan Renko can get eligible, he'll be a Cat. 7 footer with athleticism, who can drain the 3. Would be a huge pick up.

some think it's likely to not happen now, so maybe that's why it's not been mentioned in a while. But there was/is a player. He exists. He's a top 50 guy. Most could probably guess who it is, but *shhhhhhh* it's not supposed to get talked about yet for whatever reason.

I figure it was Isaac Humphries. Top 50 2016 guy who was considering reclassifying.

Just a guess, based on what other people on the board have said.

Reactions: Stonewall12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT