ADVERTISEMENT

KSR keeps hinting a Front Court player will still be added..

Wisconsin just came a few possessions short of winning it all without a traditional big on their roster. UConn won a pair of recent titles with big men who would have a hard time making a d-league roster.

The idea that we need some meaty, 260lb big man to win a title is purely mythology. A portion of our fans will use the lack of such a big as their cry wolf mantra all season though. They did the same thing with the 2012 team. We didn't have a beefy big, and these fans just knew it would spell out downfall. :joy:

Reactions: W2R and BigKari
I thought he said something on KSR again yesterday that IF someone is added it'll be right before school starts...big emphasis on IF.

Coach Cal has been especially transparent this offseason, even about recruiting. The UK basketball staff is not a super secretive bunch, they know we have an unquenchable thirst for all things Kentucky basketball. If we were looking to add another big man, I'm almost certain Cal would've at least said something like, "We're keeping an ear to the ground"

To me its pretty clear that the focus has 100% shifted to the 2016 class and when Calipari spoke recently he said 2016 could be our best class, which gave me every indication that he has his roster set for this season and he is now thinking about the future. If Matt Jones is still continuing on about how we maybe will add a big man, IF such and such happens and blah blah blah, then I don't understand why anyone believes him. He is so clearly full of shit and I don't understand why he is getting the benefit of the doubt on this.

Coach Cal has been especially transparent this offseason, even about recruiting. The UK basketball staff is not a super secretive bunch, they know we have an unquenchable thirst for all things Kentucky basketball. If we were looking to add another big man, I'm almost certain Cal would've at least said something like, "We're keeping an ear to the ground"

To me its pretty clear that the focus has 100% shifted to the 2016 class and when Calipari spoke recently he said 2016 could be our best class, which gave me every indication that he has his roster set for this season and he is now thinking about the future. If Matt Jones is still continuing on about how we maybe will add a big man, IF such and such happens and blah blah blah, then I don't understand why anyone believes him. He is so clearly full of shit and I don't understand why he is getting the benefit of the doubt on this.

If completely transparent, I've not heard Cal say that the 2015 class is done. In fact, last I heard Cal indicated he was trying to add to the class. Unless I missed something recently...

about the big man we are supposedly adding? It's been awfully quiet on that front, at least on this board, I don't listen to his show. I was lambasted for suggesting that Jones was making it up. So any names still floating out there? Any recruiting talk from Coach Cal that I missed?
You can't say somethun if you know nothun

Wichita state seems to think they have a great shot and they are a mid major with recent tournament success

2016 Isaac Humphries on campus. Could this be who Matt was talking about? If he reclasses and comes to UK I'm not going to be mad and I'll admit I was wrong.

Matt can't hear anything with his head stuck up Democrat politicians backsides, lol.

[smoke]
And, your head would be where? Worrying about where some one else's head might be causes shortened attention spans. Short attention spans may also be more noticeable among people who continuously attempt to connect things that have no connection.

Absolutely not. Even though he is a 7 footer, he is a PG. We don't need another PG no matter how good he is.

Bobby Knight says there's no way we get Ivan Renko. I think he's right. Good job, you reeled in another Ivan Renko victim. I love that gag.

CBS Sports is reporting that Humphries is reclassifying to 2015 and will be joining the Cats this season.

People can knock Matt Jones all they want, but he has solid information and nailed this one.

Reactions: Stonewall12
It's funny that Matt is still hearing we add a frontcourt player, while I am hearing that we are not. Walk-ons don't count either, UK is not looking to add another scholarship player this season. Calipari has clearly turned his focus to the 2016 class and getting the new players acclimated to life in Lexington. Jones is wrong yet again.

Just stop!!!! I believe he does. Jamal Murray was pretty solid info and now Humphries...i think Matt has good sources

People on this board talked about Isaac Humphries quite a bit and Matt NEVER said his name. I'm technically off the hook on this one. He probably was talking about Humphries, but I have no way of knowing that.

Own it. Don't pick this hill to die on.

So what? Jones was obviously talking about him, I realize I was wrong. Its not a big deal to me. You've been talking about Humphries for awhile and like I said Jones never mentioned him by name, so its not like Matt knew about a guy that we've never heard of.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
People on this board talked about Isaac Humphries quite a bit and Matt NEVER said his name. I'm technically off the hook on this one. He probably was talking about Humphries, but I have no way of knowing that.

So what? Jones was obviously talking about him, I realize I was wrong. Its not a big deal to me. You've been talking about Humphries for awhile and like I said Jones never mentioned him by name, so its not like Matt knew about a guy that we've never heard of.

While admitting you are wrong you still try to put Matt down. Just accept that he has real sources and that he called this long ago. You will then fill much better.

After this summer, I have new respect for Jones.

He seems to be well connected to the UK staff and is smart enough to drop hints about what he knows but not to let the cat out of the bag.

Kudos to Mr. Jones.

While admitting you are wrong you still try to put Matt down. Just accept that he has real sources and that he called this long ago. You will then fill much better.

Fill much better? I don't feel bad about it as it is, I even said that I would acknowledge it if I was wrong, which I did. Still not going to crown Matt the King for something that Gonzo was onto and more detailed about before Matt ever mentioned it.

It's funny that Matt is still hearing we add a frontcourt player, while I am hearing that we are not. Walk-ons don't count either, UK is not looking to add another scholarship player this season. Calipari has clearly turned his focus to the 2016 class and getting the new players acclimated to life in Lexington. Jones is wrong yet again.

Guess you missed this one as usual.

I know exactly why Matt didn't say a name. Look, I get Matt has a popular radio show, I get that he has access that the average fan doesn't. However, this does not mean he is any more privy to inside info than anyone else. He is guessing just like others, and when he is not guessing he is just floating ideas around (like this one) to get listeners. Calipari has been pretty transparent about our recruiting this season and seasons past. We knew he was going after Jamal Murray, and he even said if everything worked out we like he thought, we would be adding him. He didn't name Murray specifically, but we knew what he was talking about.

If we were looking to add another big, wouldn't we have been more involved in Papagiannis' recruitment towards the end? He was the best big available and we barely gave him a look. My inside info on this is Calipari. By reading his words and studying his actions, I've concluded that we are finished recruiting scholarship players for 2015. I put a lot more stock into what coach says over Matt Jones, unlike some of you dummies.

I guess you misses on this one. You may not be so smart after all.

The sun shines on a dogs ass every once in awhile. He is off way more than he is right, but ride this wave if you want.

Reactions: BigKari
I guess you misses on this one. You may not be so smart after all.

Really went after my intelligence there. Dozens of online IQ tests might prove you wrong but...and my thing isnt tiny, its average.

BigKari I'm glad you were wrong! I'm sure you are too! I may be a dumb hill billy who can't get a grasp on the English language, but I have faith in what Matt Jones has to say about Kentucky basketball.

Go take an advil!

Go Cats!

Really went after my intelligence there. Dozens of online IQ tests might prove you wrong but...and my thing isnt tiny, its average.

Not to mention you missed the ' in the word isn't. Come on Chester! What 2 things you got for me?

ADVERTISEMENT