ADVERTISEMENT

Kingsley or Bradshaw if you had a choice

Jun 16, 2011
I dont see us getting both. From everything I read Bradshaw is more polished and Kingsley more upside. With the development year I’m definitely taking Kingsley. Instead of taking Bradshaw and having him as your center for better or worst you get to develop Kingsley and evaluate. If you feel good about him and Ware you can roll with them or if you think he’s a year away look in portal. Another thing people don’t realize Bradshaw wants to go G-league but hasn’t received interest. If that changes he could be a commit who never plays.

Either. We'll also have Ware, and we can (and likely will) add a transfer or two.

Id rather have Bradshaw but I suspect we get both as Ugonna play this season and Bradshaw next. No redshirt will happen.
Make room in the UK basketball trophy case as we are going back to back!

If Kingsley commits to us, we will have a top 5 recruiting class in the end after all that consternation. Two top 10 guys, a high-level 4-star and a borderline 3-4 star. Plus we added Reeves.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Kingsley. People say he is the best defensive HS prospect in 5 years. Bradshaw is good, but think he might be a bit overhyped. Kingsley is a 7 foot Shot blocker from hell, which we haven't had in a long time. If he can just learn a couple face up moves and hit a oscar free throw jumper, we will be alright.

On a team with Dilly Reed Edwards and fingers crossed Holland and DJ? Since the center won’t need to be a huge offensive threat give me the Defensive anchor in Kingsley

Not to mention the weird issues with Bradshaw and DJ.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Possible to get Kingsley in some capacity for 2 years. So I’d take that. He’s also built like a monster already so I’d take him for sure. Bradshaw probably has more potential with his shooting skill but it’s not enough to say for sure I’d rather have him.

If I had a choice, I’d take the one that wanted to commit first. That appears to be Kingsley. If that means Bradshaw won’t come then so be it.
This.

Also there's concern Bradshaw will commit to us, and then turn around and go to the G-league. I certainly don't want to go through several months of consternation over whether or not the kid is going to honor his UK commitment.

Also there's this internet chatter about Bradshaw doesn't want to play with DJ. Give me Kingsley and DJ.

Reactions: drcats2013
Would be happy with either, provided Bradshaw actually does go the college route - latest word suggests a G-League preference.

But if forced to choose, give me Kingsley. Bradshaw is more polished from a skills standpoint right now, but the most important factor with bigs transitioning from HS to College, as we have all experienced several times in the past, is physical maturity. Kingsley has a tremendous college-ready body before stepping foot on campus - that is absolutely critical, especially for bigs.

So give me Kingsley.

Kingsley hands down. With his top-notch defensive prowess, Ugonna Kinglsey (UK) is taking me back to when Anthony Davis was coming out of high school, calm down as I am not implying he is on that level. AD and UK were both heralded as defensive juggernauts, while there were also questions about Davis' offensive skill sets.

I feel that UK's ceiling and overall potential is far higher than Bradshaw's. Also, in the way that UK's recruitment has played out compared to Bradshaw's, give me the kid that isn't afraid of competition and seems to really want to be at Kentucky without hesitation.

Reactions: ORCAT
If I had a choice, I’d take the one that wanted to commit first. That appears to be Kingsley. If that means Bradshaw won’t come then so be it.
Agree 100%...always choose the one that wants to be here first.

Rumors are that Bradshaw may be considering G-League. Good luck!

If Kingsley, wants to be here, I want him here. He is a defensive minded player with tremendous athleticism. His O may be behind his defense a few steps. But, I love guys that can alter shots at the rim and don't mind to work hard on defense.

Reactions: drcats2013
If its one or the other for me its Ugonna. 1st its a fun name to say. 2nd you get him this year. He has all of 22-23 with our staff. The 23-24 Ugonna will be an elite shot blocker. He could average 5 blocks a game 3rd Ugonna could be the guy in 24 too. With NIL these guys dont need to jump to the G. You put a guy like that on a team of elite scores good things will happen.

Take Ugonna now. Another big means 15 fouls at the five. If big number 2 not playing well maybe big number 3 is on that day. Not a lot of effective shot blockers in every class so when you can get one better take him. Especially a 6-11 guy that will have a year to get much better without any pressure and ready to go next season.

I take Kingsley now and keep recruiting Bradshaw, if he doesn’t come, oh well
But its one or the other hypothetical. So if it was up to you which one you taking. All of us can agree take Ugonna now and keep recurring Bradshaw. Best case they share the 5 in 23..

Isn't his last name Onyenso? When did we start calling guys by their middle names?
Nigerian have five of more names but they only use two names or the first one with their surname. The first name and/or second name(s) are the official names that is registered it each birth certificate and their passports.

Whatever that means

I just want his intials to be U.K.

• Love
Reactions: gharding07
Is what I am hearing about Kingsley sitting out a year if he reclassifies true? Why in the world would we do this again? There is ZERO reason to roll the dice two years in a row. If he wants to reclassify, it should be to play. Who honestly thinks he will be here a year and NOT go pro if at all possible? I know he isn't projected high right now, but things can change pretty quickly.

Is what I am hearing about Kingsley sitting out a year if he reclassifies true? Why in the world would we do this again? There is ZERO reason to roll the dice two years in a row. If he wants to reclassify, it should be to play. Who honestly thinks he will be here a year and NOT go pro if at all possible? I know he isn't projected high right now, but things can change pretty quickly.
Never have heard one word from Cal or Onyenso anything about a redshirt.

When did you hear that from them?

I'm hoping we return Ware, Kingsley, and Collins for next season. Then we can add one more 4/5 guy.

The shot blocking between Kingsley and Collins would be otherworldly.

I'm hoping we return Ware, Kingsley, and Collins for next season. Then we can add one more 4/5 guy.

The shot blocking between Kingsley and Collins would be otherworldly.
Not sure how it will end up but UK should have a very, very deep backcourt next year and the interior could be as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT