ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray will Not Visit Oregon this Weekend

20048442yu.gif

We are in for a treat watching this backcourt . Gonna be fun. Hopefully some will stop their crying and worrying about cal. Just a weird class and still finds a way to land the top class.

Uh oh!!! I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't get him now (knock on wood). Add in Wynyard for beef/fouls after the first semester, and I don't see any reason why we aren't the favorite for the title.

I strongly feel he knows where he's going. He has all the info he needs, probably just making absolutely sure he can reclassify before announcing. I could be wrong but he's visited Oregon already hasn't he? It COULD just be that he doesn't need to visit again to make his decision but yeah, this does seem a very good sign.

I would think this just has to do with focusing on finishing classwork, etc. I think we're in good shape, but I don't think this is necessarily a sign of that either way.

I expect him to officially reclassify, us to hear that's done, and then he makes a couple visits and decides sometime in the next month.

Well, he initially postponed his visit to Kentucky as well. His father and he seem extremely methodical. It could be that they are just altering the recruitment schedule again. But I hope it is good news.

Yup. He just randomly showed up to UK after putting it off a couple of times. I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but I do have a good feeling about Murray.

This is where a kid chooses prep school over us as the ultimate slap in the face that has been spring 2015 recruiting.

Reactions: bigc45157
Uh oh!!! I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't get him now (knock on wood). Add in Wynyard for beef/fouls after the first semester, and I don't see any reason why we aren't the favorite for the title.

Wanted this kid over every other recruit after seeing him in the breakout all star game. But if we get him I hope we aren't the favorite. Cal doesn't do well as the favorite. He's better as the underdog.

Reactions: AJ Blue
I don't think it will be prep school , he wants to be the # 1 NBA draft pick next year. I believe that the U of K is the only place where he can make that happen..jmo

No one is getting their hopes up.

That's why the last Murray thread had over 40,000 views, because no one was getting their hopes up at all by checking this message board 30X/day.

Not at all. Won't be fooled this time. No sir!

Forget it! I'm throwing caution to the wind. TTTTTTTTTTUUUUUUUUURRRRRRNNNNNNNNN UUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

I think this all but locks up the notion of him reclassifying. Like others have said this is probably to ensure his academics are in order. I will however say that this is about all that this non visit confirms. I think UK is in a great position with this kid, but I fear this recruitment will drag out for a while. He will more than likely take these other visits and decide later this summer. For the record I do think he is a cat.

I could be reaching, but the last few days, I got the impression when MJ was talking about him that he had some info suggesting UK was very happy with where they were. He even used the word "when" one time instead of "if". Matt has claimed to have had info after the fact in certain matters and if true, then he has held onto that inside info pretty well. I'm hoping this is one of those times, because I would like to think I got the right read on this.

Wanted this kid over every other recruit after seeing him in the breakout all star game. But if we get him I hope we aren't the favorite. Cal doesn't do well as the favorite. He's better as the underdog.
Cal's record at UK is 190-38, and the vast majority of those games, UK was the favorite. It appears he is doing just fine as the favorite.

What made people believe he was visiting Oregon in the first place? I never heard much stating he was going to. Could be news, and it could be nothing.

Reactions: Wildcat134
Cal's record at UK is 190-38, and the vast majority of those games, UK was the favorite. It appears he is doing just fine as the favorite.

So did he coach a good game against Wisconsin? 3 shot clock violations? What about Uconn in the final in 2014? Refusing to go zone until down by 14. Or West Virginia in 2010? We keep chucking threes when we have the best big man in the country in Cousins down low? We were the favorite in all of those.

I guess i should rephrase; Cal does not do well "IN BIG GAMES" when he is the favorite. He gets too tight. Everybody and their mother knows this.

Reactions: 96_Cat
I wonder if he's just waiting to finish the necessary school work to reclassify and commit to UK.

We can hope, eh?
I really think this is the case. Doesn't want to do anything until he actually can IMO. Once he gets ok'd to reclassify I think the commitment will soon follow.

He's already visited Oregon once and may have decided he's already seen everything.I think he's already decided and is just worried about getting his grades in order.

So did he coach a good game against Wisconsin? 3 shot clock violations? What about Uconn in the final in 2014? Refusing to go zone until down by 14. Or West Virginia in 2010? We keep chucking threes when we have the best big man in the country in Cousins down low? We were the favorite in all of those.

I guess i should rephrase; Cal does not do well "IN BIG GAMES" when he is the favorite. He gets too tight. Everybody and their mother knows this.

3 of the shot-clock violations ended with decent looks for Andrew at the basket. But one thing folks are missing...go back & watch either the 1st or 2nd one...Aaron received the ball on the wing & Karl had post position calling for the ball (that was the plan for all those possessions) but Aaron looked & then threw it back out front to Andrew. Cal was sitting on his floor chair & looked at Aaron & threw his hands in the air. Aaron responded but I'm not sure why he didn't feed Karl.

My point is a coach CANNOT execute for players. For whatever reason, the twins just didn't execute what Cal had told team to do the last 4 minute of the game.

You guys give coaches too much flack & too much praise.

So did he coach a good game against Wisconsin? 3 shot clock violations?

One real shot clock violation and two shots with time left, two of which didn't draw iron (Harrison and Lyles). Two of those plays were last-ditch 1-4 sets because the twins failed get the ball into Towns. Cal called 1-4 on two of them because of failed interior feeds. Cal takes the blame for the loss, but the twins should share in it.

As for WVU, they sagged into a 1-3-1 and took away the interior game. UK missed wide-open threes. Not sure how that's on Cal when the reality is that when they went to Cousins, WVU swarmed him and forced a kick-out.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
3 of the shot-clock violations ended with decent looks for Andrew at the basket. But one thing folks are missing...go back & watch either the 1st or 2nd one...Aaron received the ball on the wing & Karl had post position calling for the ball (that was the plan for all those possessions) but Aaron looked & then threw it back out front to Andrew. Cal was sitting on his floor chair & looked at Aaron & threw his hands in the air. Aaron responded but I'm not sure why he didn't feed Karl.

My point is a coach CANNOT execute for players. For whatever reason, the twins just didn't execute what Cal had told team to do the last 4 minute of the game.

You guys give coaches too much flack & too much praise.

Good post

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT