ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray will Not Visit Oregon this Weekend

Yes, the Harrison's were playing their own game, but Cal did not use a time out to regroup and get the team on the same page when the Cats were up by 4 points and Wisconsin went on a mini run. I suspect Calipari learned some things from that game and is still having nightmares about it...

So did he coach a good game against Wisconsin? 3 shot clock violations? What about Uconn in the final in 2014? Refusing to go zone until down by 14. Or West Virginia in 2010? We keep chucking threes when we have the best big man in the country in Cousins down low? We were the favorite in all of those.

I guess i should rephrase; Cal does not do well "IN BIG GAMES" when he is the favorite. He gets too tight. Everybody and their mother knows this.
I guess you didn't watch the games in 2012 when UK won the title.

3 of the shot-clock violations ended with decent looks for Andrew at the basket. But one thing folks are missing...go back & watch either the 1st or 2nd one...Aaron received the ball on the wing & Karl had post position calling for the ball (that was the plan for all those possessions) but Aaron looked & then threw it back out front to Andrew. Cal was sitting on his floor chair & looked at Aaron & threw his hands in the air. Aaron responded but I'm not sure why he didn't feed Karl.

My point is a coach CANNOT execute for players. For whatever reason, the twins just didn't execute what Cal had told team to do the last 4 minute of the game.

You guys give coaches too much flack & too much praise.

Also, on one of them, didn't we get off several shots with offensive rebounds before the shot clock violation?

Also, on one of them, didn't we get off several shots with offensive rebounds before the shot clock violation?

Yes, and on that possession Andrew Harrison missed a lay-up, followed by a Towns offensive rebound. They then go the ball into Towns who had the ball knocked from his hands. Lyles had to take a desperation shot.

Pretty tired of the same posters derailing every single thread. If you want to s**t on Cal or the twins, start your own damm thread about it. This thread is about a potential great addition for a our team next year. I'd prefer to read about that than how we choked for the 1,000th time.

I think UNC stays preseason number one.

They have talent, depth, size and experience.

I see UK as 2 or 3 with Murray. I'd rank Maryland at 2 myself, with Melo Trimble leading the way.

A case could be made for KU or Duke as well.

That's my top 5, not sure about the order, though.

Iowa St, UVA, Michigan St., Oklahoma, and Gonzaga round out my early top 10.

When we get Murray its gonna be on. Who's gonna stop Ulis, Briscoe, and Murray? Then who's gonna stop Skal? Nobody. I think Poy will be a beast too at the 4. Lee will be much better, and I think Mulder is gonna impress some people. We should also have two more excellent defenders coming off the bench in Mathews and Hawkins. But I'd say we're looking at a 8 man rotation mostly. With Mulder, Mathews, and Lee as the main guys. Hawkins will get 4-5 mins probably. Maybe more depending on how much he's improved. I hope Wynward comes on in December too. He should be able to have an instant impact. Especially on D and rebounding. He'll give us a big tough hardnosed big.

Reactions: Brando Mac
With Murray and Wynyard.

Starters
G Ulis- 30-35mpg.
G Briscoe- 30-35mpg.
G Murray- 30-35mpg.
F Poythress- 25-30mpg.
F Labissiere- 25-30mpg.

Key Reserves
F Lee- 20-25mpg.
G Mulder (or Matthews)- 10-15mpg.

Bench
F Wynyard- 5-10mpg (foul trouble).
G Matthews (or Mulder)- spot duty.
G Hawkins- spot duty.
F Willis- spot duty.
G Floreal- mop up.

So did he coach a good game against Wisconsin? 3 shot clock violations? What about Uconn in the final in 2014? Refusing to go zone until down by 14. Or West Virginia in 2010? We keep chucking threes when we have the best big man in the country in Cousins down low? We were the favorite in all of those.

I guess i should rephrase; Cal does not do well "IN BIG GAMES" when he is the favorite. He gets too tight. Everybody and their mother knows this.

Not going to disagree with you on those 3 games but WTF? Why in this thread? Just in the mood to gripe about Cal?

Reactions: bigc45157 and Aike

I'll give you the Wisconsin game. In both UConn games we lost because we couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. We kept them to 60 points for the game. If you told me that before the game I would have said we won. Defense wasn't the issue. Against West Virginia they were packing the paint to the point where it was ridiculous. Did we shoot too many threes? Probably, but the solution wasn't as simple as, "post up Cousins".

Yes, and on that possession Andrew Harrison missed a lay-up, followed by a Towns offensive rebound. They then go the ball into Towns who had the ball knocked from his hands. Lyles had to take a desperation shot.
Lyles also got fouled on that shot

Yeah it's a shame we haven't won any big games since Cal got here.:rolleyes:

Cal will leave one day and I hope idiots like you remember all this stupid shit you said.
I agree. These same posters are the ones that get upset when Cal's name comes up in a coaching search and say "why would he ever leave here, he has it made and we love him." Well most of us do love him as a coach but it is hard to ignore some of our fans and their absurd criticism.

You suck.

I could be reaching, but the last few days, I got the impression when MJ was talking about him that he had some info suggesting UK was very happy with where they were. He even used the word "when" one time instead of "if". Matt has claimed to have had info after the fact in certain matters and if true, then he has held onto that inside info pretty well. I'm hoping this is one of those times, because I would like to think I got the right read on this.

That's true. With all the other big recruits this spring, he's talked very openly about having no idea what they were going to do, and had a tone of serious uncertainty. When he talks about Murray, he isn't openly confident or claiming to know anything, but he sounds excited and isn't repeatedly trying to keep expectations down like with the other guys.

Good lord mods, ban CUT-NETS. Everytime he posts, he tries to get a rise out of 90% of the posters. Dude flames his ass off.
I don't know if he's one of them, but since the board changed and the old bans were erased, it seems like this place has gotten substantially more trollish.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
I don't know if he's one of them, but since the board changed and the old bans were erased, it seems like this place has gotten substantially more trollish.

Nope, Cut has been here for awhile, spreading sunshine all the long day.... :rolleyes:

I agree. These same posters are the ones that get upset when Cal's name comes up in a coaching search and say "why would he ever leave here, he has it made and we love him." Well most of us do love him as a coach but it is hard to ignore some of our fans and their absurd criticism.

For the most part, I don't think this is true. The ones who hate on Cal also want him to leave so they can hate on him some more (and maybe say, "I told you so").

But I'm going to go ahead and speculate that these folks will be even more miserable when he's gone.

The board is just another reflection of everyday life.

We all work, go to school, go to church, go to family gatherings with negative people who are only happy when they are complaining.

It's just some people's nature.

Reactions: bigc45157
For the most part, I don't think this is true. The ones who hate on Cal also want him to leave so they can hate on him some more (and maybe say, "I told you so").

But I'm going to go ahead and speculate that these folks will be even more miserable when he's gone.

I wish so many wouldn't take legitimate critiques as "wanting Cal to leave". I don't want Cal to leave at all. I want him to stay forever. All I said was that he coaches tight in big games and he does. I think he himself would admit that.

A poster above asked "who is going to stop a three guard line-up with Ulis, Briscoe, and Murray", and the answer is no one except maybe Cal. Cal is likely to pull the reigns and slow them down in a big game aka "getting tight". I love Cal, but one of his flaw's is getting tight in big games. Hell he even got tight when we beat KU in 2012.

Reactions: phantompain

I wish so many wouldn't take legitimate critiques as "wanting Cal to leave". I don't want Cal to leave at all. I want him to stay forever. All I said was that he coaches tight in big games and he does. I think he himself would admit that.

A poster above asked "who is going to stop a three guard line-up with Ulis, Briscoe, and Murray", and the answer is no one except maybe Cal. Cal is likely to pull the reigns and slow them down in a big game aka "getting tight". I love Cal, but one of his flaw's is getting tight in big games. Hell he even got tight when we beat KU in 2012.
Stupid. Just stupid

Reactions: gracetoyou
CUT-NETS is a fat mess
hm4kp.jpg

I think UNC stays preseason number one.

They have talent, depth, size and experience.

I see UK as 2 or 3 with Murray. I'd rank Maryland at 2 myself, with Melo Trimble leading the way.

A case could be made for KU or Duke as well.

That's my top 5, not sure about the order, though.

Iowa St, UVA, Michigan St., Oklahoma, and Gonzaga round out my early top 10.

I got Kansas at 1, UNC 2 and Maryland 3.

:flush: [sick] :confused:

I think it would be a good thing to make another thread to do your bashing as we are busy talking about Murray and how awesome were gonna be. Don't think anybody wants to read that drivel in this thread.

Last edited:
Wanted this kid over every other recruit after seeing him in the breakout all star game. But if we get him I hope we aren't the favorite. Cal doesn't do well as the favorite. He's better as the underdog.
I can't remember, although I was in New Orleans and attended the Final Four. Were we the favorite for 2012? Seems to me that Davis kid, Kidd Gilchrist, were pretty darn good.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT