ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray will Not Visit Oregon this Weekend

3 of the shot-clock violations ended with decent looks for Andrew at the basket. But one thing folks are missing...go back & watch either the 1st or 2nd one...Aaron received the ball on the wing & Karl had post position calling for the ball (that was the plan for all those possessions) but Aaron looked & then threw it back out front to Andrew. Cal was sitting on his floor chair & looked at Aaron & threw his hands in the air. Aaron responded but I'm not sure why he didn't feed Karl.

My point is a coach CANNOT execute for players. For whatever reason, the twins just didn't execute what Cal had told team to do the last 4 minute of the game.

You guys give coaches too much flack & too much praise.

I couldn't agree more with this statement in bold. With that said, Cal maybe could have called a timeout after 3 shot clock violations (not sure how anyone can say there was really only 1 when there were in fact 3). Not to mention they were followed up by 2 horrible possessions with horrible shots. A timeout during one of those 5 straight possessions could have possibly calmed them down and gotten them back on track. Just sayin'...

I think there is a chance he ends up at Michigan State. They were on him early, and have lately shown back up as a possible landing spot with a spot now open.

I can't remember, although I was in New Orleans and attended the Final Four. Were we the favorite for 2012? Seems to me that Davis kid, Kidd Gilchrist, were pretty darn good.

We were preseason #2 behind UNC that year, IIRC. We were the favorites by tourney time though.

I guess i should rephrase; Cal does not do well "IN BIG GAMES" when he is the favorite. He gets too tight. Everybody and their mother knows this.

So let's see if I understand you. It is not doing well "IN BIG GAMES" when in the past two NCAA tournaments you win over 80% of the time (9-2). Note that these are games where if you lose you go home which makes them BIG GAMES to me. This run includes wins against undefeated Wichita State, Louisville, Michigan, Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Cincinnati. And though it was a blow out win, the West Virginia game this year was anticipated to be very difficult. The Cats did not look tight in those wins especially late in the game.

It is odd to me how so-called fans can isolate only the losses and make a judgment while overlooking BIG GAME wins during the same period. Add the 2012 NCAA tourney and Cal's record goes from 9-2 to 15-2 in Big Games (88% winning percentage) in his last 3 NCAA Tournament runs. During his 5 NCAA appearances at UK Cal's record is 22-4 for a nearly 85% winning percentage. But yeah, Cal does not do well in BIG GAMES. :(

Yeah, it just shows one's true colors when in a thread that has nothing to do with something, they bring up bash the coach points. That is not a UK fan, and I'd ban the poster if I was a mod. This site is tolerable of that stuff far more than others though.

As far as Murray goes, If he comes to UK that definitely puts UK in the mix with about 10-12 other teams early on. I'd have to see everyone OOC to see who is really at the top in a down year in college b-ball. Obviously I'd rank UK top 5 but I do think there are 10-12 teams that could win it all next year on paper, while this past year it was 4 teams...UK, Duke, Wisconsin and Arizona...in that order, but all good enough to beat the others.

Here's how tonight's rationalization goes:

1.Cal can win as the underdog.

2.Cal gets tight in big games when favored.

3.Even when he won big games when favored, it was close because Cal was tight.

The natural extension of this logic is that games like IU and Baylor in 2012, or WVU last year weren't big games.

When we are favored and hammer somebody, it can't be a big game. Otherwise, Cal would have choked.

But wait...how can WVU in 2010 have been a big game, but Baylor in 2012 not be a big game?

Come to think of it, ND played us pretty close this year. Bet that was a big game too.

Looks like MAYBE, Elite 8 games are big when we are favored and squeak by, big when we lose, but ho-hum if we roll somebody.

And we can't forget that Cal is cool as ice if we are the underdog in the Elite 8. So maybe we don't want Murray?? No Murray means a much better chance of NOT being favored in our Elite 8 game. Mortal Lock.

Thought this was a Murray thread
tumblr_n3uckeVQLc1ronhn5o1_400.gif

Good lord mods, ban CUT-NETS. Everytime he posts, he tries to get a rise out of 90% of the posters. Dude flames his ass off.
See the little gold shield next to his name? He pays for the privilege, and unfortunately, it works.

And it's even worse than that. If you come back at him too hard, he'll go crying to the mods to try and get you suspended. He's done that multiple times over the years with different people.

The good news is that he's so consistently awful that it's impossible to care what he has to say. It's just a broken record playing one song only, about how much Cal sucks. Yay. Everyone's heard it.

Per his father. Has to be encouraging for UK.
It probably means 1of 2 things. Either he has decided to reclassify and commit to Kentucky, or he has decided against reclassifying and committing anywhere this summer.

Anyway, to me, all signs seemingly point to UK for Murray. I'm pretty confident but we'll see.

Regarding preseason rankings, on pure potential, I may have Kansas #1. With Murray, UK is as good of choice as anyone else.

Anyway, to me, all signs seemingly point to UK for Murray. I'm pretty confident but we'll see.

Regarding preseason rankings, on pure potential, I may have Kansas #1. With Murray, UK is as good of choice as anyone else.

Kansas will be right there, but I like our guards A LOT better by March.

KU had a pretty miserable time with WSU this past Spring. I expect a similar result next year, although their bigs may carry them a round or two farther.

Kansas will be right there, but I like our guards A LOT better by March.

KU had a pretty miserable time with WSU this past Spring. I expect a similar result next year, although their bigs may carry them a round or two farther.
Why is everyone so impressed by Kansas? Our guard play will be far superior to theirs, and our best big man is waaaaaaaay better than theirs. I would also argue that the combo of Poythress and Lee are as good as any tandem KU can put out there at the 4.

Why is everyone so impressed by Kansas? Our guard play will be far superior to theirs, and our best big man is waaaaaaaay better than theirs. I would also argue that the combo of Poythress and Lee are as good as any tandem KU can put out there at the 4.

I'm not particularly impressed by Kansas, but they have enough talent on their roster to be in the conversation by default.

I think Self will have them in the top 5 pretty much all year, but I wouldn't make them a Final Four favorite.

What does that mean? (not that we ever had him...but what exactly does that mean)?

People post the most obscure stuff lately and never explain it....
I think his post was in reference to the subject of this thread. The thread is supposed to be about Jamal Murray and it previously went off on a tangent about Cal's coaching in big games (guilty of defending him on that) and now it has gone on a tangent about Kansas. I do not think he meant UK has lost him as a recruit just that the thread has lost him as the focus.

This has always been a stream of consciousness kind of site. Kind of half to learn to roll with it. You won't change it.

This has always been a stream of consciousness kind of site. Kind of half to learn to roll with it. You won't change it.
It has gotten worse recently. I think some posters are too c*********t to start their own thread and must hijack another's

I've just learned to ignore certain posters...literally, with the feature on here. This site has been so much better since I put fake UK fans like Dino Baby And Net Cut Boy on ignore man.

Reactions: KDcats11
Yeah, several people intentionally derail threads. Other times the conversation moves in a different direction.

Like the Kansas discussion was an offshoot of comparing the potential guard play for our roster vs. their's (at least for me).

Murray is part of that discussion. I don't see any reason to start a new thread just because the topic shifts a bit here and there.

Not sure how we constantly jump to "Cal can't coach," "the twins have bad body language," "recruiting is broken," "last season was a failure," "Cal to the NBA," though.

When Cheick Diallo committed, Kansas became respectable. Diallo might be the single most impactful player in this class. Prior to that, they were in some trouble.

I've just learned to ignore certain posters...literally, with the feature on here. This site has been so much better since I put fake UK fans like Dino Baby And Net Cut Boy on ignore man.

100% confirm and agree with this. Ignore works wonders. I wish more people would do it. Makes the clutter so much less.

Top 20 team from last year. 2 seed in the tourny, they return:

Sr. F Ellis 14pts 7 rebounds also shot 39% from 3
Sr PF Traylor big body played in front of Alexander
Jr C Lucas 6'10 240 15 mins

Add

Carlton Bragg #20
Cheik Diallo #7

We have

Skal #1 recruit

Poythress coming off an ACL, who has averaged 5pts and 4 rebounds

Lee who has averaged 2pts and 2 rebounds and received less clock than all the KU players in this post

Willis who has barely played in 2 years and never in the paint

They also return:

Jr PG Mason 13 points 4 assists 4 rebounds point guard improved steadily
Jr SG Seldon (Top 10 5*)
So PG/SG Graham played well at the point and the 2
So Wing Svi good skills turned 17 at Kansas, has great potential
Jr SF Green 40% shooter

KU is impressive this year because they are one of the few programs with a lot of experience returning.

Both PG's are back, their starter's stats are better than Ulis whose numbers are closer to the backup for KU (Graham) - not that Ulis isn't better than both.

They lost one wing but return 3 capable shooters that are 6'5, 6'7 and 6'8

They have an experienced forward we recruited in Ellis, two bigs with experience along with 2 5* forward recruits.

Why people seem so unimpressed with this lineup during this particular season is beyond me.

KU may not have the high potential individual talent that we have, but they have proven players.

We are doing a lot of projecting on potential with real questions?

PG
Will Ulis be able to run the team the entire game and prevent being driven on?

KU's PG started every game avg 13pts, 4 rbs and 4 assists
Graham gained a lot of experience

2g
Briscoe will he excel off the point?

Seldon was a super high ranked 5* as well, and now is in his 3rd year having started every game.

SF
Mulder - Juco guard we haven't really seen, can he play at this level?

Green is 40% from 3 and Svi is their great white hope

PF
Perry Ellis, a senior who was highly ranked with a bunch of experience
Bragg and Traylor

Poythress, will he recover well enough from ACL, will he reach his potential?

C
Skal can he carry the load offensively and defensively?

Diallo and Lucas

KU has more depth than us at every position and can match us pretty well at each. If one of our kids doesn't live up to their billing it will be difficult.

That said each of KU's returners have things they had better have worked on (Svi shooting, Ellis toughness, Seldon shooting, Green defense).

And if Murray signs with UK the dynamics change even more.

I think UNC stays preseason number one.

They have talent, depth, size and experience.

I see UK as 2 or 3 with Murray. I'd rank Maryland at 2 myself, with Melo Trimble leading the way.

A case could be made for KU or Duke as well.

That's my top 5, not sure about the order, though.

Iowa St, UVA, Michigan St., Oklahoma, and Gonzaga round out my early top 10.

Very excited about this report and crossing fingers on Murray's decision.

As for your ^^^ rankings: Per the NCAA--The Zags are already penciled in as the 2 Seed in Dook's region.

Diallo has far more eligibility concerns then Labissiere and UK fans freak out at the thought of Skal not being eligible. There is a reason KU is looking at any transfers still available. It would've been same for UK if they landed Diallo (I've got no dog in this at all either as UK fans can attest, just friendly visitor).

Murray to UK in '15 and don't count UK out of Maker recruitment either. UK works very quietly while other staffs love to yap to media and talk things up.

Even with Murray at UK, I'd put UNC slightly ahead of Kentucky to start the year because they've been together for a few years now.

C - Meeks
F - Johnson
F - Jackson
G - Paige
G - Berry/Britt

With Pinson, Hicks, and Williams off the bench.

#1. UNC
#2. Kentucky (with Murray)
#3. Duke
#4. Kansas
#5. Maryland
#6. Iowa State
#7. Virginia
#8. Arizona
#9. Oklahoma
#10. California (they could also be a train wreck, but my money is on the two top 10 picks).

I also think the top 5 next year will be virtually interchangeable.

UNC
Kansas
UK (w/Murray)

The following in whatever order:

Maryland
Duke
UVA
Iowa State

CUT-NETS is the same negative crap on HOB also. I don't get it. Some people just go crazy uNess they can complain about something.

It's the same as every year. They are such a fools gold program...yet the same talk every year.

I will say Diallo is their biggest factor of why they will be better this season. I don't like the rest of the team. I'm not impressed by Frank Mason, Perry Ellis, Wayne Seldon (Victim of Self regression of 5stars). Carlton Bragg is not overly impressive either. If would not have them in the top 10 if not for Diallo. His motor & athleticism makes any team at least a contender.

ADVERTISEMENT