ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray visiting UK

ain't. gun. happen.

I can't wait to see UK with essentially 3 PGs on the floor at once that can all create, dish, and shoot at least at an average clip.

Jason This could be the best front court of all time. Anyway I'd like to see them challenged by coach Cal. First I'm very excited about Murray. Just want him to see everything Blue. Here is hoping he loves his visit and decides to become a Wildcat!

I have to think Murray's chances of reclassifying are greater than 50/50 or he probably wouldn't be making a visit right now.

I like Murray adding some scoring for us. Would love to land him and see how we attack next season. Sure hope Poy's knee is ok we are gonna need some rebounding.

I have to think Murray's chances of reclassifying are greater than 50/50 or he probably wouldn't be making a visit right now.
Exactly.No way he plays college ball if he doesn't reclassify so why would be bother with visits?

The experts make it seem that the kid doesn't even know if he wants to play college ball this year.

Agree about reclassifying, he's already 18 and is a projected lottery pick. There's no reason for him to spend another year in high school or prep school or wherever.

Coach worked extremely hard to get him on campus. Trust me he's getting red carpet treatment. A lot of smart people think his recruitment might drag on for a little while and probably take visits to Oregon , uconn and maybe Syracuse. Other influences are helping UK on this one. No not $$$$ it will be enough to land him imo

Reactions: bigc45157
Coach worked extremely hard to get him on campus. Trust me he's getting red carpet treatment. A lot of smart people think his recruitment might drag on for a little while and probably take visits to Oregon , uconn and maybe Syracuse. Other influences are helping UK on this one. No not $$$$ it will be enough to land him imo

Nike

Z71 what do you think the chances are he commits to UK without visiting Oregon and uconn etc?

The fact that he made it to the UK campus with NOBODY knowing about until the dad texted Zagoria, tells me these guys ain't talking to nobody. So, I don't trust any rumors.

he can actually go to the NBA in the exact same amount of time regardless of whether he reclassifies or not
the only question is does he want to spend next year playing H.S. bball or college bball
You're exactly right but how is playing prep school basketball going to raise your stock? There is a ceiling for this kid if he stays prep...it would make very little sense financially.

You're exactly right but how is playing prep school basketball going to raise your stock? There is a ceiling for this kid if he stays prep...it would make very little sense financially.
Same way it helped Dante Exum, college could expose him.

front court = forwards and center.
back court = guards.

Back court is usually just 2 guys, front court is talked about as 3. I don't think it would be the best front court OR back court in UK history, let alone Cal's tenure.

But yea I agree... I want Murray. He's the dynamic scorer I think this roster needs.
I don't think it would be unreasonable to say next year's back court if we were to add Murray *could* be the best in Cal's time here. Obviously we would have to see how it plays out first though.

Same way it helped Dante Exum, college could expose him.

Dante Exum was considered a top 10 pick out of high school. Murray is projected at 21 by DraftExpress. There is some room for him to move up the chart if he impresses at a high profile program like UK.

Yeah, I love how these people on here act like UK cannot make a Final Four fun next year. UK had two bigs in 2011 and made it to the Final Four in Jones/Harrelson, and in 2012 with Jones/Davis.

Maybe that's the key, honestly. Really strong guard play wins championships. Kentucky will undoubtedly run smaller but quicker lineups next year, and sometimes the lineup will be drastically different than 2014/15. I'd be fine running conventional PF/PF-C, and three guards on the outside.

3-4 great ballhandlers. Check.

2-3 good shooter to spread the floor and keep teams from playing zone. Check.

A couple of super athletic big men that don't have to camp out in the paint, play above the rim, and like to catch alley oops. Check.

With Murray, we have everything we need to run the DDMO to near perfection.

Murray is the key. Cal knows this. This is why he is all in on Murray.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I wish he would commit before anymore visits but honestly have no clue . I just know UK will be the pick .

Duke was the 2nd best team in the nation last year...so yeah, they were pretty good. And they may not have won it all if UK had just finished. I digress on that though, I agree with you on the 3 guard look. It is not a bad thing at all.

How do you know that, do know Duke beat Wisky twice

if we get Murray, we could have the best 3 point shooting team in our history
plus a real chance of setting the team assist record

I didn't read the other posts, but I have been thinking this for awhile, not so much platoon But rumors saying he wanted to head back the the nba

Syracuse? Do they even have scholarships open for 2015? Thought that was why Thomas Bryant didn't end up going because they didn't have room with the scholarship reduction. And UConn just landed Gibbs so that could work in our favor as well. Oregon only one that scares me.

My stats prediction.

Tyler Ulis- 12pts, 7ast, 2rbs
Isaiah Briscoe- 12pts, 4ast, 3rbs
Jamal Murray- 15pts, 3ast, 4rbs
Alex Poythress- 9pts, 8rbs, 1blks
Skal Labissiere- 14pts, 9rbs, 4blks

Mychal Mulder- 8pts, 4rbs
Charles Mathews- 4pts, 2rbs
Marcus Lee- 7pts, 6rbs, 3blks

Yeah, but he really did not improve at all this past season. When he played his lack of offensive ability was painful to watch. The 2 point, 3 point and even FT numbers (albeit in liimited attempts for all 3 shot types) are not good. Yeah, he played a role in that run, but that has no bearing going forward.
It doesn't huh? Why not? He earned confidence and is older and stronger.

Tomorrow is the deadline to sign a LOI. However, there is no indication that Murray plans to. He may decide tomorrow but I doubt it.

I would expect this kid doesn't sign an LOI. I don't care when he commits so long as he commits to Kentucky. Tomorrow would be great obviously.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT